• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada at APEX 2012 | UPDATED. CHECK THE LAST PAGE

Patches

Smash Master
KBMX is confirming for apex. Matt, you might remember him. Nathan? From ingersoll. Which means he's down to get drunk down there. So +1 for a hotel?

:phone:

Mprime

Smash Ace
Got no problem with splitting a hotel with ppl as long as there is room and thy split the costs evenly

Patches

Smash Master
Well. Let's see. Me, you, mr l (Eric, right?h, Googs, KBMX. As far as I know? Cause I know Joe has a room with others. But yeh. Sorry for typos. Kinda drink.

Mprime

Smash Ace
Oh? I thought joe was sharing a room with my group. We need to get hotel rooms clarified once and for all.

P.s. anyone going in on a hotel room with me just letn yah know me googs n joe and maybe eric if he drinks plan on getn wasted and hotel room surfing with all the cool international smashers

Cruxis

Smash Lord
yo somethings come up
i might might might just might be able to make apex :D
if a 100 things fall into place and my luck works out ill take a direct plane to NJ and meet u guys there :))) i want to believe

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
yo somethings come up
i might might might just might be able to make apex :D
if a 100 things fall into place and my luck works out ill take a direct plane to NJ and meet u guys there :))) i want to believe
keepin my fingers crossed

Mprime

Smash Ace
Bus tickets dropped to 100$ round trip i believe and the schedual for most of january is up. What time do we plan on leaving to get there and what time do we wna leave to come back. I personally believe that we should leave early on friday morning to go there and then leave sometime not too early on monday. The reason i don't want to leave to early on monday is because i want to have some extra time incase of any inconviences considering we are travelling completely by busses and subways. Also, since mega bus is not going to NJ where is the nearest location that we can bus to and take public transport from there? I also want to take care of hotel rooms once and for and have everything booked and ready real soon. I am sure not as of rate now how early we should book our hotel room but i would imagine it would be wise to take care of these matters within the next 3-4 weeks.

Mprime

Smash Ace
One more thing i forgot to mention is every single person jumping in on a hotel room must split the costs evenly with everyone else in my group. I will be booking the room under my name with my credit card so every needs to pay me upfront whatever the cost may be per person. Pretty much i will take care of the hotel financial business everyone else has to pay me upfront friday morning on the 6th. One more note i wish to point out is i do not want to pack the hotel room to far over the limit, 1-2 ppl extra at most so basically 6 ppl will probly be the max ppl i feel comfortable having share a room with me. I bring that point up for 2 main reasons: 1- i dont want to get caught smuggling ppl into my room for it is againts hotel laws and you can be charged. 2 - i dont want the room to be too crowded. I do not mind taking in extra ppl just not too many plz. I would really like to avoid anythin that could rly fk us over in a different country.

Mprime

Smash Ace
Ok sounds good, so far it is:

Me
Mr l
Patches
Googs(maybe)
Joe - i know you said ud be down but i remember reading something about you already having a room so id just like to confirm if ur rooming with us. It would be awesome if you do.

P.s. cant wait to drink in NJ

Patches

Smash Master
Okay, so looking at the megabus prices. Here is what I recommend doing for those leaving on friday.

We leave Toronto at 12 PM, so noon. We arrive shortly before 11 PM. It costs $12.

Same deal with coming back on Monday. So in total our bus will cost us $24.

I'll be buying my tickets for this on Thursday. Let me know what you guys think.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Wait, prices are up?

Okay.

Gonna look at them later... Am I the only one leaving on Thursday? I don't wanna be alone on the bus :(

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Oh ok. All is well.

I'ma leave travel plans to other people, since I'm terrible at planning this sort of stuff.

Mprime

Smash Ace
I like those times and prices but what time shud we leave monday, im thinkn around noonish. Also, where is this bus taking us??? I am pretty sure it doesn't go to nj so where is the next best place for us to be dropped off at. Keep in mind we will have to commute from where we get dropped of to the hotel, will public transit even be available past 11? (assuming we get there in time). And same thing goes for monday, we gta commute to our bus stop. How long will that commute be, when is public transit available that day.

Mprime

Smash Ace
Actually i think we shud leave earlier on friday, no mega bus goes to nj so it looks like we are going to philly i believe and then commuting from there to our hotel ( anyone know the nearest hotel to the venue?). Since we gta take busses and subways n what not after we get to the states we shud give ourselves some extra time
. Lol so far as it stands the only departure time to philly is 11am and the returning journey available is 9am. Those seem
To be our only options avialable atm.

Lol 1 more thing, where are u seeing this 12$ trip patches i am seeing 54$ per trip 0.o and some1 plz correct me if mega bus goes to nj

Patches

Smash Master
No worries Matt. I'll figure everything out. I'll talk to Keitaro or Alex Strife and figure out the best way to get from NY to NJ. What time their subways end at, etc etc.

If we go to Philly, it'd be a longer ride. NY is closer than Philly is. The earliest we can leave Toronto to NY is 8:00 AM. We arrive at 6:45 PM. It costs us $23 dollars.

Then we leave from NY to Toronto on Monday at 12 PM for another $23 dollars.

$46 in total.

Regarding the public transportation, I will figure all of this out. Don't worry.

Patches

Smash Master
There's a train from Philly to NJ. That might be a better option than going to NY.
It's also two states away where as NY is right beside it.

@Bing: I'll talk to you regarding this at the tournament. I have a question for you actually, so if you would. Could you PM me real quick?

Top Bottom