• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada at APEX 2012 | UPDATED. CHECK THE LAST PAGE

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Hmm, looks like Brawl is on Saturday... and Melee is on Friday. So if you guys go Friday, I'd miss Melee :(

If no Melee people go, I guess I'll just stream monster.
KK, unknown, idea and riddlebox are going for sure iirc homes

Mprime

Smash Ace
I am booking this **** asap here is the deal:

We have worked out a deal once again with the Hyatt Regency New Brunswick.

Two Albany Street
New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA 08901
Tel: +1 732 873 1234

The hotel is conveniently located down the road from the venue and available at a discounted price. See the instructions below for booking and rates.

RESERVATIONS PROCESS & BOOKING WEBSITE

ONLINE RESERVATIONS ONLY the link below will take you to a site dedicated toward making your reservation quick and easy. You will be able to make, modify and cancel your hotel reservations online, as well as take advantage of any room upgrades, amenities or other services offered by the hotel.

To view the website, please click the following link:

Please click here to book your room
https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.d...1459377&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=5549631

Here are the current room rates:

Single Occupancy $119
Double Occupancy $119
Triple Occupancy $144
Quadruple Occupancy $169
Suites $219
The “cut-off date” is 12/19/2011. Reservation requests received after the cut-off date will be based on availability at the Hotel’s prevailing rates and will be credited to the Group’s Guest Room Block.

Regarding housing: A thread will go up on Smashboards relating to this and helping out any of you that are in need of housing. Once that thread goes up, it will be posted here.

That is quoted from the apex thread if you guys haven't noticed already. I am booking reservations within 12 days from now. I plan on booking a 4 bed room since it is patches, kbmx, mr L, possibly TO Joe and I add up to 4-5 ppl. If u guys feel we should get something cheaper LET ME KNOW ASAP!!! I will update you guys with prices per individual very soon. This place seems pretty kick ***, it has an indoor heated pool and some other crazy cool ****. If it isnt mentioned above i would like to inform everyone tht this hotel is in walking distance from the venue.

:phone:

fUddO

Smash Ace
Need to talk to Tin and see what his plans are. Not sure if he's purchased reservations yet, but those prices look legit.

Mprime

Smash Ace
So the total individual price each person will be paying for the entire weekend we are there for will be 130$-170$. Renember that is per person and that is if joe rooms with the ameericans (still waitn on joe's confirmation). If we get joe in our room the prices will drop by 1/5 simply because we will be splitting the costs between more people.

Room:
Patches
KBMX
Mr L
MPrime
Joe(confirmation pending)

Joe I don't need to know asap so don't worry if the americans aren't getting back to you right away. I can book the room without your confirmation, just let me know as soon as you find out please.

Patches

Smash Master
First things first, I'd like to apologize for the lack of update. I've been busy, and lazy all at the same time. I work everyday, and usually sleep after work and forget. SO, once again. I'm sorry. But here's the looooong overdue update.

To start things off. Here is a list of the registered people from our region. (Including Quebec)

Myself,
Tinman
Toronto Joe
Mprime
Ally
Stroumbert
Meekspeedy
Mr. L

This means the above people have paid for the venue fee, and at least singles OR doubles.

I can only speak for myself, Joe, Mr. L, Mprime, Meekspeedy and KBMX regarding this. BUT

This is our bus schedule

Fri Jan 06, 2012
Depart Toronto, Toronto Coach Terminal. at January 6, 2012 8:00 AM arrive New York, 7th Ave & 28th St. at January 6, 2012 6:45 PM

Mon Jan 09, 2012
Depart New York, West Side of 9th Ave between 31st St and 33rd St at January 9, 2012 12:00 PM arrive Toronto, Toronto Coach Terminal. at January 9, 2012 10:40 PM

when we get to NY, we have to take public transit. Which, as far as I know will take us to a station called New Brunswick, which is hella close to the Venue. I believe it's $30 for a round trip

our current Hotel situation is looking like this

Tinman's Room: I honestly have no idea who's in this room....

Mprime's Room:

Me
Mprime
Toronto Joe
Mr. L
KBMX

I dont think I'm forgetting anyone...

If you're still interested in going to APEX, see what we're doing first. It'd be a lot easier to figure out what you should do, if we're doing the same thing. So take the same bus as us, etc etc. Currently, for a round trip from Toronto to New York, it's going to cost you roughly $80. So buy your tickets while theyre still relatively cheap.

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
Megabus code "GOFREE" for free tickets. Good for anyone who doesn't already have their ticket booked :(
wait wha? Free tix? Is it still valid? even though I would still need to pay to get crap for apex.. which i had no real plan to... due to how costly everything was. :p

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
yeah dude i wanted to register before prices went up lol

Mprime

Smash Ace
Work gave me shifts on jan 6,7 and 8. Trying to give them to other employees but if I can't walmart can go **** themselves because I am going to Apex! Odds are I'd just get a slap on the wrist if I don't show up and I have my options covered if I get fired.

Mprime

Smash Ace
APEX IN LESS THAN TWO WEEKS!!!

... oh and uhm christmas is tomorow, merry christmas guys and see ya'll at APEX!!!!!!!

Edit: work made schedualing errors i now have apex fully booked off.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
im only working 2 days between now and jan 9th

BRING IT ON CHRISTMAS/NEW YEARS/APEX/OTHER STUFF

Top Bottom