• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada at APEX 2012 | UPDATED. CHECK THE LAST PAGE

Mprime

Smash Ace
I'll be buying tickets real soon then, i like those times although i pray that i can even get to the mega bus location by 8am. I believe the earliest ican get to union is 740-750am fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkk, by anychance is the toronto coach terminal by union? And joe u r the only one im not sure of that's confirmed for going in on a room with us, u down ( i think u mentioned iy b4 i just need to make sure)?? I will be talking to ppl bout travel plans as well on the 26th.

One thing, we should all meet together at either union or the closest subway station near by the toronto coach terminal just so noone gets lost b4 we depart. We should also get everyone's cell #'s so we can all stay in contact with each other to know whats up that morning we leave. My new number is 905 626 3683. I want everone travelling with me on friday to add that number to their contact list and send me a txt with ur tag or name so i can get all ur numbers too. I like to have all options covered so nothing goes wrong. I almost got lost the morning we left for cot5 and if it wasn't for me having tins # i would never have made it to cot5. So this time i want all yer numbers just incase sometn goes wrong and one of ya isnt ur phone i can call another.

Sry for all the typos i post these from my iphone and tend to mispel alot of words due to the keyboard
:phone:

Patches

Smash Master
Yo. Mprime. I'll text you tonight. But if you have the spare money and time, come to ingersoll the night before and I'll get you there on time

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Closest subway station is dundas, its connected to coach terminal thru atrium on bay

Mprime

Smash Ace
Yo. Mprime. I'll text you tonight. But if you have the spare money and time, come to ingersoll the night before and I'll get you there on time

That might just end up happening if i dont work the night b4. 98% chance i will be working that night though.

Might be able to get to union at 7am i believe :)

pidgezero_one

Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
So does everyone wna meet at dundas station around 7 ish friday morning?

on second thought im not sure why i suggested dundas station, are you guys familiar with it? the station is almost as ****ed up as spadina, if you're coming from union you have to exit the platform with the turnstiles, and then there's a staircase going downstairs where you have to walk thru a path to get to the southbound platform side (southbound side is the side that connects to atrium on bay from which you can get to the coahc terminal), you cant get to coach terminal from northbound side. it might be kinda hard to pick a meeting spot in the only TTC station that punishes you for being on the wrong platform

once you get to the northbound side there are 2 sets of glass doors, don't go to the "Eatons center" ones, go to the "the shops - atrium on bay" ones, turn left at the pickle barrel, and then keep walking straight until you get to the coach terminal

i ride the TTC all the time and take this route every other week to get a greyhound to visit my boyfriend, so its really not as complicated as i make it sound but if you dont go to dundas station often it can be pretty annoying if youre not familiar with it

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
It's on Bay & Dundas and the entrance to the bus terminal is beside the hot dog stand. I think that should be a good enough landmark if you can use Google Maps!

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
lets meet at union since i think thats the central point for everyone taking transit??

also im down for the hotel,i was sposed to room with some USA ppl but they never got back to me so yeah put me down as of right now in the room BUT there is a possibility that ill drop out if the USA room ge4ts back up

Mprime

Smash Ace
UNION IT IS! I still need cell# btw, joe, patches and anyone else comming friday morning plz txt ur game tag to 9056263683. Having everyone's number can prevent a lot of problems. Like i said i wudnt have made it to cot5 if i didnt have tins #. And that's sick joe just keep us updated i'll be booking the hotel with 2-3 weeks

Dunno if i mention but mr l is bussing with us as well

Bing

Smash Master
Hey since Im busing with everyone can someone house me the night before? I like In Niagara and the earliest I could make it down there would be like... 9... and obviously thats too late :S

pidgezero_one

Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
are you going thurs or fri bing?

Patches

Smash Master
I'm gonna talk to KBMX tonight. See what his plans are for this. He'll most likely be with us though. And I'll update the OP with bus information in about half an hour when I get home

pidgezero_one

Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
bing you can probably crash at my place if you dont mind that my apartment only consists of 1 room and youd have to take the couch lol

Bing

Smash Master
Thats awesome :) I dont mind couches, and I probably wont be sleeping much considering we have like 10 hours of travel tomorrow and Ill probably try to sleep... all of it XD Nah, Ill sleep the night before. Umm. Where do you live btw? Ill probably get there late on Thursday, Im working until 9 on Wednesday XD

pidgezero_one

Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
i live off of st clair ave west in toronto, its about a 30-45 min trek from my place to the bus terminal by ttc :)

also i'm leaving on thursday so will you get here wed night / thurs early morn sometime? if youre going with mine & tins group then we'll work something out lol

Patches

Smash Master
It's impossible to sleep on the way up. Trust me. 13 hours from Toronto to Philly. Not one minute of sleep was achieved. the way back though, completely different story.

pidgezero_one

Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
no worries :) keep me posted & if need be ill come meet you somewhere

pidgezero_one

Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
i live closer to bay/dundas but i don't live close to either of them lol

Mprime

Smash Ace
So patches, bus tickets are to new york and we leave 8am frayday morning to apex and we leave to come back home monday 12pm?

Anth0ny

Smash Master
k pretty sure I'm going to this

anyone have extra room in their hotel room for me? I'd prefer a Melee room but I guess I'll play Brawl if I have to =P

also, where are you guys buying bus tickets?

Anth0ny

Smash Master
stupid question... I'm guessing the $2 tickets are gone? lol

And there's no New Jersey selection on megabus... help a noob out :urg:

what day are you guys leaving?

Mprime: Is there space in the hotel room for me? If so lemme know how much it costs (and booze).

Mprime

Smash Ace
Lol there might be room, it depends if googs comes with us or not. We are taking mega bus to ny and then commuting to nj. Its about 24$ round trip with mega bus excluding the comute from ny to nj. I think we are departing friday from toronto to ny 8am jan 6 if thats the friday of apex, we catch a mega at 12pm on the mobday following apex.

Patches I'm buying bus tickets tday, is all that bus schedual info right.

fUddO

Smash Ace
You have to go to the US version of Megabus to see any US stuff. That's Megabus.com.

Seriously...$24? When Tin and I were checking, they were about 30, and the price rose as he was buying. Seriously, Megabus is run by *******s.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Hmm, looks like Brawl is on Saturday... and Melee is on Friday. So if you guys go Friday, I'd miss Melee :(

If no Melee people go, I guess I'll just stream monster.

Top Bottom