• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ('Terminal' - the 17th for Elite / 18th for non-Elite)

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'll go where team SWF proceeds. :bee:

Oh; Zatchiel, can't be stopped, won't be stopped.:applejack:

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Had a 3 bar the entire night. As usual, I would throw a stun, start sprinting, then about a full second later watch the stun fly over my head. Awesome.

The highlight of the night was when I got headshotted 6 times in a row.

Six. Times. In. A. Row.

That game, not only did I get headshotted 6 times in a row, but I got killed by dead man's hand twice and then to top it off I got killed by final stand 3 times.

Headshots are pure luck and there shouldn't even be a headshot multiplier to begin with. I could rant about how stupid they are forever.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Those Thunder Grenades are looking pretty nice.

Riot Shields are back with some nice teamwork shenanigans. Hopefully Riot Shield hit detection doesn't suck.

I like how fast the swap between the RDS and Holo was. Maybe the Hybrid Sights will be usable.

Dolphin Diving is back. As are Tomahawks. Hopefully Dive-a-Hawking is back as well. :awesome:

Game also appears to be using a point system like MW3. At least, the bars near the Killstreaks seems to suggest that.

The interface overall looks really nice to me.

Oh, right. And the Ballistic Knife is back, which I assume to mean knifing in general has returned. Sorry haters.

ALSO I HAVE TEAMMATES THAT GO 9-25 AND 0-14 IN TDM HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE YOU ALL SUCK.

But the matchmaking is random

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
After he pistols that guy at 1:16 it looks like he takes out the knife as a primary weapon.

I might cry tears of joy.

The game is using something called the "10-point allocation system" in which you can use 10 points to buy primary/secondary weapons, grenades, attachments, equipment, and perks. You even have the option to start out without a gun and just stack up on perks, I believe.

Prevents people from using so-called overpowered classes pretty efficiently.

Bones0

Smash Legend
The final frontier of scrubbiness seems to have been reached at last. You can now see through walls in both Halo 4, and Black Ops 2. I am literally dumbfounded.

^That point allocation system sounds pretty sweet though.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
After further inspection, he does indeed pull out a "combat knife" at 1:18 which appears to have replaced a primary weapon.

Can't tell you how happy that makes me.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Everything Delta said. For some reason, the return of Dolphin Diving made me chuckle.:applejack:

New knifing? Oh yes.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
After he pistols that guy at 1:16 it looks like he takes out the knife as a primary weapon.

True, but I'm still not convinced on there being a new knife system yet. It could just be a throwback to the Ballistic Knife.

The game is using something called the "10-point allocation system" in which you can use 10 points to buy primary/secondary weapons, grenades, attachments, equipment, and perks. You even have the option to start out without a gun and just stack up on perks, I believe.

I can already foresee myself putting most of my points into perks, since I rarely use grenades/equipment, and I find most attachments kinda worthless.

The final frontier of scrubbiness seems to have been reached at last. You can now see through walls in both Halo 4, and Black Ops 2. I am literally dumbfounded.

^That point allocation system sounds pretty sweet though.
Where did you see this? O.o

Bones0

Smash Legend
Where did you see this? O.o
Starts at 20 seconds in.

My comment:
Bones0 said:
Sound whoring, UAVs, heartbeat sensors, and Recon apparently weren't enough to give bad players a crutch to find enemies, so they had to just let them see straight through walls... WOW.
Random replies:

TheSkittman99 said:
i kinda need it i feel like im always being stalked
franksanatraspants said:
if you can hear ppl as they walk around, you deserve that kill
OMFG I want to punch a baby in the ****ing face.

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
Black Ops 2 reveal trailer in a nutshell: Look! Here's everything but the guns in the game!

I guess I just wanted to see more gun on gun gameplay, not "check out this new amazing point streak" gameplay.

Also, the map design looked like crap.

Here's my BREAKDOWN OMG YEAH (the link again in case you missed it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dre21lBu2zU )

0:20 Look at the right wall. Also at 0:32. Loadout screens. Good thing they're not helpful at all.

0:26 The RDS variant only shows close range enemies through walls and smoke within the reticle. Also, it has some kind of sweep. So I guess thermal and RDS had a baby? It says POW-57 MMS. Is the MMS the attachment?

Anyway, another more interesting thing we can see next to the weapon name/attachment is "AUTO". Later we see "BURST" and "SEMI AUTO". The first weapon we see in the trailer actually has written next to it "SELECT FIRE". I smell interchangable firing methods.

0:33 Hey, it doesn't take an eternity to switch the hybrid sight.

1:14-1:15 Very difficult to catch, but the loadout name is very appropriate. Partially obscured by the minimap.

1:35 Oh good, a shotgun set to AUTO. Just what I wanted to see. Also, what the heck kind of toy is he playing with? A tac insert? *Upon further review, I do believe it is, as evidenced by the way he drops it and the noise it makes. Also, cheeky little class loadout name #2.

Lastly, this is complete speculation, but the minimap only shows like 2-3 people on a team at a time. My first thought was because it's the reveal, they just stuck a couple people in a game and recorded.
...or did they? Are small team ops coming soon?
*CORRECTION THEY ARE listen to the shoutcaster at the end of the trailer. He says "multi-team team death match." DONE YES GOD PLEASE

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
I randomly play cod with my friends i'm pretty bad though haha
you guys play for ps3 or xbox?

-J666

:phone:
A good portion of us play on Xbox, but you can definitely find PS3 players. Look in the OP for GTs/PSN IDs.

Feel free to send me an add.

Correction: T-t-t-tim s-s-still h-h-has me under v-v IIIIII Snack I v-v.

My actual GT is Snahck.

Love you, Tim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v_71Cu0qzc&feature=g-u-u

Video: Fluxus talks to a friend of Tina and tries to fix Recon/Sitrep for SnD. Watch the video and then tweet it to www.twitter.com/Teanah.

Right? That's her Twitter?

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
The "name" of the "class" was "somethingsomethingUseMeBlade"

So they're acknowledging our playstyle (knifers), and probably a selectable knife.

Which I have **NO PROBLEM** with. I'd prefer to only carry one thing. If you look at the loadout, they only had the pistol and... Whatever else.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Need me to bring out the yugioh? :troll:

Santacod <3

Also, black ops 2 multiplayer reveal. Just dropped a minute ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dre21lBu2zU
OH MY GOD THE TOMAHAWK LOOKS SO F***ING SEXY <3

Those Thunder Grenades are looking pretty nice.

Riot Shields are back with some nice teamwork shenanigans. Hopefully Riot Shield hit detection doesn't suck.

I like how fast the swap between the RDS and Holo was. Maybe the Hybrid Sights will be usable.

Dolphin Diving is back. As are Tomahawks. Hopefully Dive-a-Hawking is back as well. :awesome:

Game also appears to be using a point system like MW3. At least, the bars near the Killstreaks seems to suggest that.

The interface overall looks really nice to me.

Oh, right. And the Ballistic Knife is back, which I assume to mean knifing in general has returned. Sorry haters.

ALSO I HAVE TEAMMATES THAT GO 9-25 AND 0-14 IN TDM HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE YOU ALL SUCK.

But the matchmaking is random
SHUT YOUR MOUTH THOSE ARE THUNDER KNIVES <3

Oh cool, looks like you can plant your Riot Shield into the ground now aka GoW Boom Shield

Actually the sight that he's using looks like a HAMR scope (looks like that seen in mw3) but I guess they're calling it Hybrid Optic now based on the bottom right of the screen.

DOLPHIN DIVING F*** YEA. DIVEAHAWKING BETTER BE POSSIBLE <3

There better not be some kind of Support thingy. Earn your killstreaks bad players >_>

And where'd you see a Ballistic Knife in the video? I know it's back but I didn't see it in the video..........

AND SUCKS TO SUCK :troll:

Black Ops 2 reveal trailer in a nutshell: Look! Here's everything but the guns in the game!

I guess I just wanted to see more gun on gun gameplay, not "check out this new amazing point streak" gameplay.

Also, the map design looked like crap.

Here's my BREAKDOWN OMG YEAH (the link again in case you missed it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dre21lBu2zU )

0:20 Look at the right wall. Also at 0:32. Loadout screens. Good thing they're not helpful at all.

0:26 The RDS variant only shows close range enemies through walls and smoke within the reticle. Also, it has some kind of sweep. So I guess thermal and RDS had a baby? It says POW-57 MMS. Is the MMS the attachment?

Anyway, another more interesting thing we can see next to the weapon name/attachment is "AUTO". Later we see "BURST" and "SEMI AUTO". The first weapon we see in the trailer actually has written next to it "SELECT FIRE". I smell interchangable firing methods.

0:33 Hey, it doesn't take an eternity to switch the hybrid sight.

1:14-1:15 Very difficult to catch, but the loadout name is very appropriate. Partially obscured by the minimap.

1:35 Oh good, a shotgun set to AUTO. Just what I wanted to see. Also, what the heck kind of toy is he playing with? A tac insert? *Upon further review, I do believe it is, as evidenced by the way he drops it and the noise it makes. Also, cheeky little class loadout name #2.

Lastly, this is complete speculation, but the minimap only shows like 2-3 people on a team at a time. My first thought was because it's the reveal, they just stuck a couple people in a game and recorded.
...or did they? Are small team ops coming soon?
*CORRECTION THEY ARE listen to the shoutcaster at the end of the trailer. He says "multi-team team death match." DONE YES GOD PLEASE
Meh, most of the guns I saw looked kinda cool, though the Raging Judge (name of the Magnum shown in bottom right) sounded way to similar to the Python (and maybe same for a few of the other guns shown) :/

The maps looked interesting. As long as there isn't a lack of ways to get around the map (see most of the maps in mw3) then I'm happy.

Maybe the see through walls RDS at 0:26 is the assault rifle version of that xray killstreak mentioned a while back.

Interchangable firing methods is interesting. Hope it doesn't lead to people modding the crap out of every weapon possible >_>

Yaaaay usable hybrid sights.

lol dat class name

And maybe this is just me, but I think the last part with the shoutcasting is a hint at BO2's future involvement with MLG.

Also HEEERREE WE GO LADIES AND GENTLEMEN HEEERREE WE GO THIS IS SHOUTCAST 101 ITS YA BOY DELUXE HOWRE YOU DOIN TODAY FELLAS :troll:

@ODIN: The class name was "MostlyUseMeBlade". GET HYPE

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Zlippy, gonna have to disagree on the lack of gun-on-gun display. I already know how guns work, and I'm not interested in seeing videos of the guns being used since their worth is better decided by actually using them myself. I'm more interested in the features.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
AND OH MY F***ING GOD AT 0:21 IT SAYS "Lightning Strike inbound" ON THE LEFT OF THE SCREEN

MY (as proclaimed by others) THUNDER/LIGHTNING FETISH IS SO TURNED ON RIGHT NOW HHNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGG

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;

Do you mean that you can aquire more guns and perks during the match?

Also trailer looked nice.

Top Bottom