• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
It's basically preference I guess. They would rather do run and gun then stop and look around the corner for a C4/Claymore. This would make sense in Search and Destroy I guess, but I don't get why they would do that in domination.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Probably just a difference in playstyle then. I ran like the wind with my SPAS and never really had problems with not getting the kill. It was fun.

Now I've finished the challenges with it and have moved on to the AA12. I don't like the AA12. :(

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
The Riot Shield isn't a gun.

And why FMJ on a SPAS? You aren't shooting through walls.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
They're equipment, something you're required to have.

They would rather you have guns. Talk to them about it.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
No, it does not. Only when you shoot through walls, I believe.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
It increases the damage you get through bullet penetration, but not regular shots. That whole damage gauge thing is deceptive enough as it is. It should just say "Extra damage when shooting through penetrable walls." or something like that, and not say that the gun becomes stronger.

To me, the grip seems like a much better choice.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Well, there we go. I will start using grip instead of FMJ.

Wait, then why did people start saying Model 1887's blinged with FMJ, were as good as pre-patch? Was it just made up?

S

smash brawl player 99021

copied from the COD Wiki.

"Full Metal Jacket, often shortened to FMJ, is a weapon attachment in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Its effects on penetration are completely identical to those of Deep Impact from previous Call of Duty games. It does not increase damage against exposed targets. Instead, it reduces the amount of damage lost when shooting through materials."

Middi

Smash Rookie
Infinity ward patched the 1887 range to be decreased when you used akimbo because they thought it was too rigged. However, they were stupid as hell and somehow using bling with akimbo and FMJ registers as not needing to reduce the range, so they are the same as the original range.

S

smash brawl player 99021

"The probability of getting at least one of any item is as follows:

Ammo: 40.0%
UAV: 40.0%
Counter-UAV: 50.2%
Sentry Gun: 50.2%
Predator Missile: 45.3%
Precision Airstrike: 34.4%
Harrier: 18.5%
Attack Helicopter: 18.5%
Pave Low: 11.5%
Stealth Bomber: 11.5%
Chopper Gunner: 7.8%
AC-130: 7.8%
Players cannot receive Tactical Nukes, EMPs, Care Packages or Emergency Airdrops from Emergency Airdrops. It is not possible whatsoever, so if someone claims they have it is a lie."

this is also interesting. note, you CAN get EMP's from regular care packages.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
We all know you can get EMPs from care packages.

Middi

Smash Rookie
DenKirson says its:

ammo 17
uav 17
counter_uav 15
sentry 12
predator_missile 12
airdrop_precision_airstrike 11
airdrop_harrier_airstrike 7
helicopter 7
helicopter_flares 5 (this is the PaveLow)
stealth_airstrike 5
helicopter_minigun 3
ac130 3
emp 1
nuke 0

mega_ammo 12
mega_uav 12
mega_counter_uav 16
mega_sentry 16
mega_predator_missile 14
mega_precision_airstrike 10
mega_harrier_airstrike 5
mega_helicopter 5
mega_helicopter_flares 3
mega_stealth_airstrike 3
mega_helicopter_minigun 2
mega_ac130 2
mega_emp 0
mega_nuke 0

pretty much add them up, and take the number/total to find the % chance, mega = EAD

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
We all know you can get EMPs from care packages.
Funny this is mentioned. Not but an hour ago I was playing SaD with my buds and gained a predator missile. As per usual, I held it for the next round. When that round started, I have to wait to use it, of course. Well, I seemed to have waited just a tad too long. Enemies used their care package. As I was using my boosters, looking at getting a double kill, an EMP is used. I mean, I was less that milliseconds from killing these guys. And because of the EMP, I was cheated out of a double kill.

Amazing killstreak.

I also love my gut-busting luck with care packages. AC130/Chopper Gunner/Harriers, all day.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

S

smash brawl player 99021

I think it's odd how the Counter UAV has a greater percentage than the normal UAV. Seems kinda backwards.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I don't like care packages period...

1. The randomness of your rewards (i've been in a match where someone has gotten a chopper gunner in about 30 seconds into a game of domination...)
2. People seem to have a knack for killing me right as i'm about to open my box! :(

REAL men use emergency air drops!

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I don't like care packages or EADs. They take too much time to fall, and then there's the possibility of getting it stolen, and the fact that nothing good may come of it. They do make excellent bait, however.

Real men actually earn their kill streaks!

Really, one game this guy got TWO AC130s from care packages. So we lost, barely. It was so messed up.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Meh, considering you can get easy, higher killstreaks, it's good for scrubs who might never achieve them.

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
Got my first nuke last night...knifing on wasteland.

yeah, you read that right.

My harrier got emp'd at like 164 points, didn't even get a kill...

still amazed i did that :D, wasn't very satisfying though, i'm not gonna lie. 4-5-8 is more fun :p.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Holy ****. Nicely done, Tranzworld.

I'm at 12 nukes, on three different accounts, none of which are mine...

6 are with the standard nuke killstreak set, 4 are without Chopper Gunner/AC130, 2 are without killstreaks at all. But I've yet to get one with only knifing.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
5/7/9 for me. I got my Pave Low 3 times in one match on Skidrow. 9 RPG double/triple kills for a 51-0-8 game.

This setup is sooooo fun.

Top Bottom