• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Not you specifically.

I just question people that see a handgun rather than a Machine Pistol or Shotgun and go "dude wth that's bad use this because it's automatic or kills in one press of a button"

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Handguns. <3

I would like to begin a discussion of good Sentry Gun usage for every map. I've finished Predator IV and have moved on to Sentry Guns. Any general tips and map specific tips would be appreciated.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Always place your Sentries on a roof or corner. If you can get in an enemy spawn, place it in a corner. A good example is Scrapyard. On the C side in the far corner where that large van is. You have B locked down and can focus on the center of the map.

Move them after every kill or two to a spot that has a vantage point on the old position.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Thanks.

I've also noticed that placing them around corners or areas with multiple entrances is bad. Around a corner, it won't have time to lock on and is easy to knife. Multiple entrances has similar problems. The further away, the better I've found.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Care to explain about the Pistol? I think a silenced PP2K would be better.
Since you already have a great close-combat gun, there is no need for two of them. The USP is for situations where you run out of ammo and need a fast backup.

A PP2k takes far too long to pull out to be nearly as effective as a USP in hectic situations.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Ah alrighty. I was just wondering. Here's something to throw at you all. What do you guys think of maybe starting a Game Battles clan? I just want everyone's input on this if it's a good idea, or not. I think it would just be cool for all us SWF guys going up against other teams. Just a thought, remember.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I think it could be a good idea.

Also, Grunt, while the rules limit the game, the limits are placed on the things that make the game worse. IIRC there's no Grenade Launchers, no Claymores, stupid stuff like that.

Grunt

Smash Master
no launchers or shotties or OMA or Bling or riot shield or claymores or c4 or tac ins or deathstreaks (except copycat).
but killstreaks are fine. get your harrier and have it NEVER SHOT DOWN
EDIT:
I actually just realized my main class doesn't violate any mlg rules.
so...nvm

S

smash brawl player 99021

I honestly don't understand the Bling/Riot Shield rules. That's stupid. Whatever they want though. So you guys vote No, correct?

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
How is this gun bad

Intervention is the worst sniper due to not being able to spam it
---
More input on snipers:

W2000 and M21 EBR make for the best ghost snipers due to high fire rate (silencer equipped and CB since Stopping Power does not affect these guns)

and Barrett is for 1 shot kills. it's like a superior intervention all around with higher fire rate and mag size.
---
tl;dr, lol at people who use intervention
That's funny. But seriously, if you need to use more then one bullet per person so often that you need to rely on a semi-automatic sniper rifle and spam bullets to get kills means that you're really nothing but a pathetic sniper. Some good snipers like the .50 cal and do well with it, but I don't respect the skill of spammy snipers. (I'm not saying you suck, I've never seen you play.)

Bolt-actions suck for ghost sniping, that goes without saying. M21 EBR >>>>>> W2000. I said that it's inferior because it's completely outclassed by the M21 in terms of ghost sniping, and can't even compare with the Intervention or .50cal in terms of one-shots.

I will agree that the Barrett .50cal > Intervention. But I don't like the gun, because I dislike semi-automatic Sniper Rifles. It feels like a joke when I use it. It takes actual SKILL to use a bolt-action and compete with the semi-auto users.

Anyone who disagrees with me on what I just said isn't my friend anymore. =)

EDIT: MLG's ruleset is stupid, even though they own this amazing website.

Grunt

Smash Master
actually, i think kill streaks are one of those challenge rules.
like if you agree or w/e you can have killstreaks as something set, like always 3/5/7

S

smash brawl player 99021

I know! I miss him </3 So we have a No as our vote for making a clan?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
But What Does Modern Warfare 2's Timed Exclusive DLC Mean?

http://kotaku.com/5453424/but-what-does-modern-warfare-2s-timed-exclusive-dlc-mean

"At last year's E3 gaming expo in Los Angeles, Microsoft announced that the first two downloadable maps for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 are timed Xbox 360 exclusives. Timed? How long is that?

"We have a 30-day timed exclusive on the Modern Warfare content packs," a spokesperson told website Eurogamer. "So it will be available on other platforms, but you get to try and play on Xbox 360 first."

The DLC is expected to be out this spring on Xbox 360, and then 30 days later it should be available on the PS3 and PC."

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Whenever you stop playing a video game seriously, then you start to not have fun.

I don't get how you can define what is fun and what isn't. People don't travel an hour or more to a tournament and not enjoy themselves when they get there.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Fun is subjective, man.

People wouldn't play tournaments if it wasn't fun for them. You might not enjoy it, but a vast majority of players love it.

They eliminate all the bull**** that you guys complain about so I don't see why not. No Chopper Gunner, No cheap Riot Shields, no cheap Akimbo shotguns.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
They banned shotguns in general and Riot Shields for their competitive games.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
42-3-1 just now, probably my best game yet. Sniping with Predator -> Harrier -> Pave Low.

They had very good reasoning. Keep in mind this isn't like the SBR. They ban the stupid things that make this game random.

Grenade Launchers can be launched at enemy spawns, some huge maps are taken out because there are smaller teams, Shotguns are just stupid, and Riot Shields are... not guns.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I used to play MLG in CoD4 with some of my friends from school. But then got bored of it quickly because 9/10 teams we played acted like a bunch of douchebags when we won.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Nothing is better than seeing people john about why they lost and make up excuses or accusing me of cheating, after winning against them.

Bling and One Man Army are banned too... Along with Claymore's and C4's. I'm 100% for the ban on One Man Army because it's probably the best perk in the game coupled with Grenade Launcher, C4 and Danger close is ****ing amazing in Domination, especially when the other team is spawn trapped. Plus your killstreaks do more damage (Not that it matters in MLG though).

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
One Man Army is not the best perk.

Just saying.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Danger Close makes this game fun for me.

Noob Tubes, RPGs, and C4.

C4 is also easy to see so there's no reason you should be killed by it.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Nothing is better than seeing people john about why they lost and make up excuses or accusing me of cheating, after winning against them.

Bling and One Man Army are banned too... Along with Claymore's and C4's. I'm 100% for the ban on One Man Army because it's probably the best perk in the game coupled with Grenade Launcher, C4 and Danger close is ****ing amazing in Domination, especially when the other team is spawn trapped. Plus your killstreaks do more damage (Not that it matters in MLG though).
Why are claymores and C4's banned? :urg:

Top Bottom