• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Seriously. I only did those private matches because he ALWAYS gets dropped.

And you're a **** for using the regular knife.

And Icy is even worse for using his killstreaks on me when I didn't use any on him.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Way to pin it on me!!! :( I can't help my bad connection. But my sister left, so I can re-wire it to be better.

I have a good Riot Shield class finally.

Riot Shield
USP.45
Stuns+Throwing Knife
Marathon
Cold Blooded
Ninja

I love Riot Shields on Search. So good.

Neato! Here's a video of what I hope to be some DLC soon. A preview of Global Thermonuclear War. This was modded, so maybe legit, maybe not. Here you go kids. http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Vi...clear_War_-_Hidden_Multiplayer_Game_Mode_-_HD

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
The Global Thermonuclear War videos showed up weeks ago, days after the game came out.

It's more than likely a future playlist that's bound to be a grenade-fest.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Okay, MIGHT be online for a while.

I called CrapCast and was like, yeah, I can't afford 50 bucks a month. Best I could do is twenty.

Then they're all like, OKAY! How about 22.95? And I'm like, OKAY!

Then they're all like, OKAY! We can't change it to 2295 for 6 months. So what we'll do is give you a 60 dollar credit and change it to 34.99 a month.

So I have almost 2 months of free internet. WOOT!!

Still won't be on AS much though.

S

smash brawl player 99021

The Global Thermonuclear War videos showed up weeks ago, days after the game came out.

It's more than likely a future playlist that's bound to be a grenade-fest.
Yes, it sounds like a Demolition type map. Spam grenades into the bomb site x_x

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
The mode is already locked in the game anyways. Game hackers already found it in MW2's code. So it'll basically be an unlock code.

EDIT: Rumor: Modern Warfare 2 hack attacks your XP

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01/19/rumor-modern-warfare-2-hack-attacks-your-xp/

"Yes, according to a few incensed forum posters, hackers have allegedly found a way to augment the amount of experience rewarded for killing them. Instead of the usual 50- or 100-point increments we usually see, these dubious players can punish their murderers with negative five million points, dropping their hard-earned rank back to level 1. Check out a NSFW video after the break to see this horrific new exercise (which appears to only be happening on Xbox Live) in motion. We've contacted the folks at Infinity Ward to find out what they're doing to crack down on these total Borfs."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIeuHrQzszM&feature=player_embedded

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I remember Paincakes releasing a warning video just for this.

You can prevent it by dashboarding.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
UPDATE:

A patch for the PS3 and X360 is currently in the works. (Already out on the PC)

http://www.infinityward.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=253246
http://fourzerotwo.com/

"We’ve updated the PC version of Modern Warfare 2, including the following fixes:

- Care Package, Emergency Airdrop, and Sentry Gun marker grenades sprint speed normalized.
- Sentry Guns: Improved placement detection, preventing cases of Sentry Guns inside geometry.
- Model 1887: Bling using Akimbo and FMJ combination now has same range and damage as non-Bling Model 1887s.
- Improved player collision removing cases of getting into geometry and ‘elevators’.
- Mouse latency tweaks for more mouse movement consistency. (PC-ONLY)
- Fixes to prevent various texture hacks (PC-ONLY)

- Fix to prevent various XP hacks, including the prevention of obtaining negative XP.

These fixes, excluding the ones I’ve labeled as (PC-ONLY), are currently in test for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions as well. Before you ask why there is a delay from PC to consoles, it’s because we can update IW-NET directly and therefore the fastest. The console versions require additional testing through their respective manufacturers."

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
The mode is already locked in the game anyways. Game hackers already found it in MW2's code. So it'll basically be an unlock code.

EDIT: Rumor: Modern Warfare 2 hack attacks your XP

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01/19/rumor-modern-warfare-2-hack-attacks-your-xp/

"Yes, according to a few incensed forum posters, hackers have allegedly found a way to augment the amount of experience rewarded for killing them. Instead of the usual 50- or 100-point increments we usually see, these dubious players can punish their murderers with negative five million points, dropping their hard-earned rank back to level 1. Check out a NSFW video after the break to see this horrific new exercise (which appears to only be happening on Xbox Live) in motion. We've contacted the folks at Infinity Ward to find out what they're doing to crack down on these total Borfs."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIeuHrQzszM&feature=player_embedded
Wow, that's pretty sad that some people spend that much time to make such a stupid hack.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'm rethinking Subs now. I absolutely love the Vector, I was in such a rut with all of my rifles until I tried the Vector for fun.

49-8-10 on Highrise, 40-2-1 on Underpass, 30-0-5 on Karachi. Rapid Fire is ridiculous. Switch your button layout to Tactical.

Grunt

Smash Master
meh, i had tactical hardwired from CoD4, but the subs in this game are still not really worth it, plus i always lost knife fights to people. so i switched to regular, and stopped using subs.
snipers <3
i was just in overtime on sabotage, me vs 3 dudes. I snipe a few of them, but one figures out where I am, so i move around, find him, snipe him (apparently it wasn't a headshot, but it looked like it) and he goes into last stand as the time runs out.
:C

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Hardwired? It's still in MW2.

I use it for more than just Subs. Being able to aim while dropshot is a blessing. You don't get knifed if you drop prone.

My win/lose ratio is like 0.39 because I quit if I get knifed.

**** knives

Grunt

Smash Master
i meant, "i was so used to using it, i just already did it".
but yeah, aiming while dropshotting is pretty good.

M.K

Level 55
This is going to sound incredibly naive, but is Karachi a new map? I swear I hadn't seen it before last weekend.
Do they update this game with DLC and such?

Also, has anyone gotten the Mario looking symbol?

Also, what are the purposes of doing "360s"? I was watching a "Top 5 kills of the week", and in three of them, the person jumped up, did a 360, and killed someone mid-spin. O_O

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Karachi is not a new map.

DLC not so much, patches, yes.

The Mario looking symbol is an 8-bit Captain Price.

And people spin around to be flashy. If you watched CoD4 videos, it was all M40A3 ACOG no scope spins.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Karachi is not new. It's been there since release.

The "Soap Mactavish" Mario emblem is earned by getting a 10 Killstreak, without having any 10 or below equipped. (i.e. Chopper Gunner>EMP>Nuke)

360 Shots are just for show and whatnot.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Infinity Ward has already said that their first map pack is set to be released this spring but no official date has been announced/given yet. It will probably be the usual price tag of $10.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I told you, TRG. Absolute garbage.

In other news. Dropshotting. Is it cheap? Or is Icy just bad?

Grunt

Smash Master
it's great, but doesn't always stop you from being knifed, maybe i'm just unlucky.
and melee on B f's me up a lot.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Considering that I find it (and the Tar-21) ugly, I don't use it. The FAMAS, SCAR, M4, & M16 I use on occasion, and the AK-47 I only use to get to prestige (which I am very close to right now). I primarily use the ACR, when I use assault rifles.

Currently I am using an AK-47 with Red dot, M93 with red dot, and last stand as my final perk, as it is one of only two perks I haven't built up (sitrep is the other), so I can get to prestige faster.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I actually like the TAR with a Silencer. The Iron Sights suck giant **** though.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
The TAR is just fine. Not one of my favorites, but still a good gun. Heck even the FAL has some uses... But the F2000... Just TERRIBLE.

Worst gun in the game?

S

smash brawl player 99021

Yep, I remember spectating you with your one-shot kills on H-core Search. xD FAL is good. For some things. So accurate too. Iron Sights are amazing.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
FAL is amazing.

There's only a few BAD guns in MW2.

W2000, Just seems inferior to every other sniper out there, IMO.

F2000, Crap. If you disagree, you should quit this game.

MP5K, Outclassed by every other SMG, shaky as hell.

Desert Eagle, strong as hell, makes a sick noise when fired, but WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY to much recoil. Completely outclassed by the .44 Magnum because of it.

Everything else is usable, to say the least. But those guns are garbage.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Can't wait to get to playing this game again. I'm just coming from Pound 4. What an event.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Leafy's got it right.

So, I've now started using the ACOG on my Intervention for my run and gun Sniper class. It was godlike. I went like, 17-2 on Afghan. I do put a normal scope on it for Wasteland, though I still run and gun there. I just need a better zoom.

ACOG Sniper <3

Top Bottom