• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Got my first EMP today.

Feels good man.

EDIT: Intervention is probably better because it takes one shot to kill, meaning your a blip on the radar for one second. Enjoy 2+ shots so people can pay attention to where you are. Plus with slight of hand Intervention is basically better than the Barret because you reload really fast along with the low recoil.

M21 and WA2000 just aren't as good against multiple people either. Unless you have extended mags then you're going to be spending too many bullets on one person. You can be so much more swift with the Intervention and take out 3 of them before they can probably react. It's not often that people are packed together like that, but some maps have really good choke points that make the Intervention shine.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Hardline is for scrubs fool. And I was in that match, you were playing against scrubs too.
You're just mad that me and my friends kept on owning you and your team. And I agree that we were playing against scrubs because you were on the opposite team.

EDIT: no johns.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
You're just mad that me and my friends kept on owning you and your team. And I agree that we were playing against scrubs because you were on the opposite team.
BURRRRN! lol okay guys lets be nice Icy is a fellow "Brawler." We lose as a team and win as a team blah blah blah...

ANYWAYS, I don't know why we keep having these sniper arguments. Many great players (such as HUTCH) agree that the 50. Cal is simply the better sniper thanks to the following:

-The damage is nearly the same as the Intervention
-The accuracy is nearly identical, but i think the Intervention's is only slightly better
-The fire rate is basically 3x faster than an Intervention <---BINGO
-The 50 Cal. has a clip size of 10 vs. the Intervention's clip size of 5

It's pretty clear that we can see which of the two is the superior sniper. And honestly, I think the 50 Cal. got an accuracy boost from CoD4.

S

smash brawl player 99021

BURRRRN! lol okay guys lets be nice Icy is a fellow "Brawler." We lose as a team and win as a team blah blah blah...

ANYWAYS, I don't know why we keep having these sniper arguments. Many great players (such as HUTCH) agree that the 50. Cal is simply the better sniper thanks to the following:

-The accuracy is nearly identical, but i think the Intervention's is only slightly better

It's pretty clear that we can see which of the two is the superior sniper. And honestly, I think the 50 Cal. got an accuracy boost from CoD4.
Agreed. .50 Cal>Intervention. Faster Fire rate, better weapon. And F8AL, the game you got a AC130, I was on your team *******.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Someone should try using Harrier > Chopper Gunner > EMP. If you can get enough kills to get an EMP without using the Chopper Gunner, it would **** hard while an EMP is up.

And although I don't use it, I also agree that the .50 Cal > Intervention. I just like the feeling of using a Bolt-Action.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I use the Intervention because I like the noise it makes when you shoot.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Interesting video by ONLYUSEmeBLADE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b37XS59m3V0

It's basically a 5 minute video of him ranting about the commando perk plus the care package super speeder.

I agree with him about the care package mess, but I don't think commando should be nerfed. Yeah it's annoying at times but it's definitely not as cheap as some other things in this game *cough chopper gunner cough*.

Another thing is that not that many people use commando. It's definitely not an overused perk in tier 3, unlike ninja.

What do you guys think about commando + the care package marker?

For an idea of what the care package marker + commando looks like, watch this video- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ4YJWYzYe8

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
So I'm looking to find the worst setup in the game and I think I found it.

Mini Uzi w/ Thermal and FMJ
Stinger
Flash x 2 / Blast Shield

Bling
Danger Close
Scrambler

Counter UAV
Precision Airstrike
EMP

Any other ideas?

@TRG - I saw Blade's video earlier. I don't care much for it. You sacrifice Ninja and the ability to shoot. It's worth the tradeoff.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
@ TRG: I think it makes the game unfun (for the people who you knife) but it's awesome to use. Too bad you can't have your tactical knife with commando + care package lol, that would be even better!

WHOOSHH!! Shank, shank, shank! WHOOOOSSHHH!!

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I don't think it's a glitch, because it's a light object you carry. You run faster with a sub or pistol than say, an AR or LMG.

The Care Package marker is your standard running speed, if you will.

smashman90

Smash Lord
I don't think it's a glitch, because it's a light object you carry. You run faster with a sub or pistol than say, an AR or LMG.

The Care Package marker is your standard running speed, if you will.
If it does get kept though, I do think there should be some changes to it like if your holding it and you die, then you drop the marker and it can get picked up. If somebody gets one marker they could start the care package knife trick and keep knifing people til they die and since they don't lose the marker, they could do that all game. I've seen it happen multiple times and it's annoying.

Charizard92

Smash Champion

As I point out in my guide, I do not believe that the Barrett>Intervention. Nor Do I believe the inverse. The Intervention is a good camping Long range sniper since it is more controllable, while the Barrett is generally more flexible, despite being a rather untame at best. The accuracy rating drop is based off the Barrett's high recoil, which makes it harder to control, and it is kinda too easy to burn through your 10 round clip.

To make things more easier for you to understand, the Intervention is kinda like a sweet little dog that you can easily get to do tricks you want it to, while the Barrett is kinda like some werewolf that forgot how an actual wolf behaves (which interestingly is like all werewolves in the modern era, which act more like bears than wolves)

BelgianWaffle

Smash Cadet
I think lightweight marathon carepackage commando is the most loser thing anyone can do other than glitch and lag switch. It is one of my pet peeves, makes me want to staple an orphan to a sink :mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
As annoying as it may be, they're putting themselves at such a disadvantage you really have no reason to be complaining. You have an automatic rifle while they're just part Flash.

Halo sword lunge range isn't too bad when you realize the maps are big, you can hear footsteps and you have access to a heartbeat sensor.

But mad they're moving so fast once the red dot pops up they already stab you omg

BelgianWaffle

Smash Cadet
As annoying as it may be, they're putting themselves at such a disadvantage you really have no reason to be complaining. You have an automatic rifle while they're just part Flash.

Halo sword lunge range isn't too bad when you realize the maps are big, you can hear footsteps and you have access to a heartbeat sensor.

But mad they're moving so fast once the red dot pops up they already stab you omg
Heartbeat sensors can suck a fat one.

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
I CP knife occasionally >.> after the crap I put up with the 1887s and Javelin glitch I could care less lololol.

Although I will admit it is grossly op, the easiest fix (imo) -> You die with it out, it drops. Seems a little unfair to the random times you pull it out and get shot...but i'd rather have that than LOLOLOLOL FLASH WITH SUPER HALO LUNGE ****.

Workin' my way through 1st prestige.

Icy we'll play sometime :).

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Agreed. .50 Cal>Intervention. Faster Fire rate, better weapon. And F8AL, the game you got a AC130, I was on your team *******.
I was referring to the previous games. (i.e. The games where you were losing so badly that you left) Think before you post and jump to any conclusions, thanks. And it's 'an AC-130', learn to spell correctly and post in grammatically proper sentences.

Also, I just updated the thread with new links (thanks TRG!) and expanded on the F.A.Q. section.

If you have any suggestions, complaints or things that you would like to see in this thread, let me know! :)

Also, I don't consider the whole knife + care package to be a 'glitch' but it's annoying as hell. Just glad that they are planning on patching it in a future update.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I CP knife occasionally >.> after the crap I put up with the 1887s and Javelin glitch I could care less lololol.

Although I will admit it is grossly op, the easiest fix (imo) -> You die with it out, it drops. Seems a little unfair to the random times you pull it out and get shot...but i'd rather have that than LOLOLOLOL FLASH WITH SUPER HALO LUNGE ****.

Workin' my way through 1st prestige.

Icy we'll play sometime :).
haha alright. Let me know, I'm on most of the time on the weekends anyway.

I was referring to the previous games. (i.e. The games where you were losing so badly that you left) Think before you post and jump to any conclusions, thanks. And it's 'an AC-130', learn to spell correctly and post in grammatically proper sentences.

Also, I just updated the thread with new links (thanks TRG!) and expanded on the F.A.Q. section.

If you have any suggestions, complaints or things that you would like to see in this thread, let me know! :)

Also, I don't consider the whole knife + care package to be a 'glitch' but it's annoying as hell. Just glad that they are planning on patching it in a future update.
Hey! **** you.

Care Package maker is legit. I do think Commando should be reduced some though. The lunge is a little far.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
We got a clan on GB and we are going to start dubz and teams ladder soon. **** is going to be cash brah

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I think that would be stupid. If you get a 5 kill streak and save it for the next round of SnD, or if you get your Pred missile and get shot right after, you should be able to use it when you spawn.

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
I think that would be stupid. If you get a 5 kill streak and save it for the next round of SnD, or if you get your Pred missile and get shot right after, you should be able to use it when you spawn.
Are you talking about my post?

What i'm saying is, if the Care Package is IN your hands (like...what people do when they're CP knifing) and you die WITH IT STILL IN YOUR HANDS, it should drop.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Are you talking about my post?

What i'm saying is, if the Care Package is IN your hands (like...what people do when they're CP knifing) and you die WITH IT STILL IN YOUR HANDS, it should drop.
That wouldn't be fair to the people that aren't knifing with it. They get killed while trying to throw it and they end up losing the package because of a few whiny players.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
People running around with care package markers are the least of my concerns. People need to focus on some important issues such as the stupid party system.

I can't count how many times where I've been in a party with friends and 1 or 2 people don't make it into the game, which is extremely frustrating. That's something I want to see fixed. FAST.

S

smash brawl player 99021

People running around with care package markers are the least of my concerns. People need to focus on some important issues such as the stupid party system.

I can't count how many times where I've been in a party with friends and 1 or 2 people don't make it into the game, which is extremely frustrating. That's something I want to see fixed. FAST.
Agreed. x1000. This has been happening so often, I start to get frustrated easily. Most important thing to fix IMO.

Also, anyone else who will be on tonight, I'm up for anything.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

Half of your time playing MW2 is spent sending invites to players who get dropped or can't get into the game. I heard that IW is planning on patching their craptastic party system in MW2 soon. (rumor)

S

smash brawl player 99021

Anyone for 360 going to be on tonight? If so, let me know ;)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Hey guys, should I use SP on Scar or Cold Blooded? Both are pro.
I'd highly recommend using hardline with your SCAR-H class but if you put a silencer on the SCAR-H, then cold blooded should be equipped as well. SP is pretty unnecessary on a SCAR-H IMO.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Honestly, I'd say Stopping Power. It's much better, and it would kill in like a few shots (above the chest). Cold-Blooded I only use for Search and Destroy.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
I'd highly recommend using hardline with your SCAR-H class but if you put a silencer on the SCAR-H, then cold blooded should be equipped as well. SP is pretty unnecessary on a SCAR-H IMO.
Yeah I use silencer on the Scar (and pretty much every weapon).

hmm...

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Just to add my opinion to the whole Care Package Commando thing.

I believe that Care Package Running, while it's not an incredibly serious glitch, is a glitch. The animations for it are just...wrong. Regardless of how cheaply done all the animations are, the knifing animation for it is just so off. I feel that if it weren't a glitch, the knifing animation would look normal, at the least.

Commando, on the other hand, should be left as is. Honestly, as much as I get annoyed when I'm being knifed from what I feel are stupid distances, the majority of the time it's my fault. It's really not overpowered, just annoying and more people notice it than getting shot since this is a shooter game.

In other news, I'm finally home and will be able to play now. And sleep. Waking up at 6 for the past 3 days suckssss.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
It doesn't matter if it's a glitch or not. I think it deepens the game and adds a new tactic into the mix. Of course people are going to complain, but really all you need to do to beat it is use a shot gun.

There are down sides too. You can't use anything long range while you have it out, and you have to get a minimum of 3-4 kills before you can use it. There are trade offs involved, and obvious counters.

I used to go like, 24 - 2 or something on Favela with it. Now people understand how to counter it and I usually do much worse than that. Depending entirely on knifing is riskier than camping.

Also, I would love to play Domination with some people here.

Top Bottom