• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I believe that Care Package Running, while it's not an incredibly serious glitch, is a glitch. The animations for it are just...wrong. .
I remember reading somewhere that IW stated the Care Package super-speeder was indeed intentional.

However, I'm not sure if this is true.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I'm actually fine if it was intentional, just make it more clear that it's normal and not have the animations look like some creepy mutant thing. The way it looks now, it looks very glitchy.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I remember reading somewhere that IW stated the Care Package super-speeder was indeed intentional.

However, I'm not sure if this is true.
Until you can provide a link from a credible source, I'd say this pure speculation Still, I don't see how it could be international because that speed looks pretty unnormal. And even if it was international, why are they planning on patching it then in a future update? Probably because a lot of players are whining about it.

lol someone was actually using it in a game today. He was running towards me and I began shooting at him but he was zig-zaging all over the place and I was like 'OH SHI-' and then I got shanked. :p

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Until you can provide a link from a credible source, I'd say this pure speculation Still, I don't see how it could be international because that speed looks pretty unnormal.
Yes I agree. Like I said earlier I could be wrong, but there's no way in heck that IW didn't notice the speed a player has when they're holding a care package marker.

I personally think it was intentional.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'm also in that intentional boat. I'm guessing it was also a glitch that you run faster with a Sub than an LMG.

If you say 'no', you're a dirty liar.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'm also in that intentional boat. I'm guessing it was also a glitch that you run faster with a Sub than an LMG.

If you say 'no', you're a dirty liar.
Sorry :mad: but I have to disagree, it's pretty obvious that you can run normally with a smg because they're small and lighter than the other weapons. (i.e. sniper rifles, ARs and LMGs)

Running at 100% speed with a pistol/smg is normal and makes sense. Carrying a LMG is hard so that's why they reduced your running speed to 90% (I think?)

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
And a care package marker barely weights anything, so you run at a normal speed.

Your logic, bro.

S

smash brawl player 99021

:mad: and TRG are right. I mean, think logically. A little flare thing weighs barely anything. Of course it would make you run faster. Like when you're trying to escape the Favela. No guns=Run uber quickly. It makes perfect sense.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Except when carrying a care package marker, you still have the gun strapped to your back. It doesn't just disappear. Granted, it'd be easier to run with the gun on your back, but the GIANT speed boost you get is just silly.

Also, if I have an LMG and switch to my pistol, I do not run any faster.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You said before you don't like realism in this game.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
That's actually a very interesting subject with me. It's generally on a case by case basis. If the realism that's being portrayed is breaking the game, it shouldn't be there, for example, obscene shotgun range. Otherwise, since this game does try to portray some sort of realism, it shouldn't have silly things in it. I'm sure everyone would be concerned if we could jump in mid air, or something. :ohwell:

Manic, you can refer to my LMG example for why that logic is flawed based on the examples set in the game. If I switch my LMG for my pistol, I do not run faster. If I switch my LMG for a care package marker, I run faster. It doesn't really make sense to me. >_>''

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
They actually nerfed the shotgun range tremendously to balance it. It doesn't break the game, it just weeds out the unskilled players that just complain and get beat by a simple strategy.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Haha this argument is funny, and I don't even know why...

@Delta- If having a gun on your back influenced how fast/slow you ran, then switching from an LMG to a pistol would alter your running speed, which it obviously does not.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I doubt they'll change it anyway. It's not THAT bad. Like everyone has said, it's logical, it has it's pros and cons, etc, etc.

Some stuff to discuss.

I saw someone using a Throwing Knife to cancel the Breath Holding for a Sniper today
I have no clue what he did.

And, why was the Druganov included in the Campaign, but not the multiplayer?

S

smash brawl player 99021

I prestiged. I don't know why, but I did. And I wish I hadn't. I should've waited to finish challenges and ****. **** you IW, for taunting me!

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I prestiged. I don't know why, but I did. And I wish I hadn't. I should've waited to finish challenges and ****. **** you IW, for taunting me!
They gave you around 3 chances to go back and not prestige. Your fault, man.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Well it's funny. I had been just reading through the things say "Lose everything for a little prestige". And if you go to the very last one, and back out, a chicken noise plays ;___;

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Manic, you can refer to my LMG example for why that logic is flawed based on the examples set in the game. If I switch my LMG for my pistol, I do not run faster. If I switch my LMG for a care package marker, I run faster. It doesn't really make sense to me. >_>''
So the solution isn't to remove the care package speed, but you give you a small boost when using a handgun on a light machine gun.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
So the solution isn't to remove the care package speed, but you give you a small boost when using a handgun on a light machine gun.
They need to make it consistent across the board. So if they're going to do it, the boost needs to be comparable to the care package boost. I can't imagine a handgun weighing a lot more than the marker.

Lol @ Icy. I always just go and prestige right away and worry about challenges on my last prestige.:laugh:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Well why couldn't they include both?
You obviously didn't understand what I was saying.

The reason that the Dragonuv is completely unnecessary is because the WA2000 has the exact same qualities as the Dragonuv did in CoD4. Just think if IW brought back the M40... It's completely unneeded because the Intervention has the same qualities. The only real difference is the looks/noise it makes.

Intervention = M40a3
WA2000 = Dragunov
M21 EBR = M21
Barret 50 Cal. = Barret 50 Cal.

The only gun that is left out is the R700, but that sniper sucked major *** IMO.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I'm gonna be offline for a while. I need to cancel my internet, cause I can't afford it right now. I don't know if I'll still be on for a week or longer, or immediately. I gotta get stuff in life sorted out, especially with the wedding coming up in April, and Call of Duty is essentially ruining my life right now.

Been fun for now. Hopefully when I come back I'll still catch you guys around.

Peace out. Keep fighting the good fight.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Actually, IMO, the Intervention shares more properties with the R700 than with the M40A3, like sway, power, and accuracy. Of course, the Intervention is now more competitive, since it holds an extra round and reloads faster.

In a way, the intervention is what happens when you cross the M40A3 & the R700, and gave it a clip.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I'm gonna be offline for a while. I need to cancel my internet, cause I can't afford it right now. I don't know if I'll still be on for a week or longer, or immediately. I gotta get stuff in life sorted out, especially with the wedding coming up in April, and Call of Duty is essentially ruining my life right now.

Good luck, Odin. Hope to see you soon.

The Sniper comparison is correct. Most of the Snipers that were dropped have an identical successor in this game.

S

smash brawl player 99021

We'll miss you Odin! :( Priorities though. Must know priorities. Congrats on the wedding too! It'll be Mr. Odin and Mrs. Odin!

Lol at Fallout 3 Reference. And to someone, I forget, I'm not prestiging after this. Pain in the ***.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559

I'm glad you're getting your priorities straight. We all have lives outside of CoD, and we need to make sure that our lives always come FIRST.

Good luck with whatever needs to get done! I will definitely be here when you get back, whether it's a month or a year. Peace out man.

BelgianWaffle

Smash Cadet
I REALLY should do what ODIN is doing... that xbox is like a succubus calling my name...

"Come here baby. You know you want me. Yes... turn me on. Play with me Tiger. Play with me. PLAY WITH ME. PLAY WITH ME. PLAY WITH ME."
-Xbox 360
Wrong on so many levels that i am going to count them.

Shwam, doo, two and heif, scheven, schfourteen-teen, schwenty one, shwenty seven heif, 27, 37, WHAT YOU SAY??? SCHFIFTY 5!!

Top Bottom