• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

S

smash brawl player 99021

Just had a amazing Search match on Derail. Went 7-1-0 and had 2 Bomb Plants. I was sooo proud. I was using UMP, Marathon, Luigiweight, and Ninja. Standard Search class.

And I thought I'd point this out... nobody made the connection about what my name sounds like. Say it sloooow. I figured someone might make the connection but...

@:mad:: Wouldn't Sleight of Hand increase the Pumping of the SPAS?

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Cold Blooded because your range is limited. It's great for flanking the enemy spawn. Lightweight isn't worth it.

And no, Sleight of Hand increases reloading. Think.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Basically the primary weapons work like so:

ARs work at all ranges (sans stupidly far)
SMGS work best at close range, and have an upper limit at around mid range
LMGS work best at mid range, but can be modified to work at long range (via grip and thermal scope)
Snipers work from mid (preferably from a perch) to stupidly long ranges. Semi auto's have some capability of close range combat (still limited), and the Intervention doesn't have a prayer in close ranges (which is why I consider it a purely defensive [or orthodox, or actual sniper] sniper)

I have learned some new things since my last sniper guide, but I am too lazy to update it, and I don't have time to write it all, so I'll write in phases (like my first sniping guides earlier in the thread)

S

smash brawl player 99021

SMG's are alright for far range as long as you sort of burst fire with it. Otherwise, it's bad.

@:mad:, I agree with the Cold-Blooded>Lightweight. As long as Marathon is on, then you'll be fine. Luigiweight only increases your speed a little. Not good enough.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Just went 17-1 on Search and Destroy. Wasteland is too easy. Just hit level 67 too! And I have to be honest... Akimbo Model's are still good. Their range is still good, and as long as you alternate between each one, it's amazing.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Hey guys,

I know this has nothing to do with MW2 but I found another great deal for Xbox LIVE for Americans.

You can get 12 months of XBL gold membership for only $30!

Link: http://www.walmart.com/Xbox-12-Month-Gold-Card/ip/11070919
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Mont..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263585101&sr=8-1

Walmart: Shipping is free if you select "Site to Store" or $3.97 for regular shipping. Apparently you can use Bing cashback and save 10% by searching Bing.com with the keyword 'Sony'.

EDIT: The infamous 'care package marker' running glitch to be patched in a future update.

From Fourzerotwo's Twitter: "I don't have a date for that update, but it will be addressed."

In case anyone doesn't know about it, when you get a care package, don't throw it and just run around with the canister in your hand and you run like the wind!

S

smash brawl player 99021

It's home! It's home! My Xbox is home! Now who wants to play with me tonight? ;)

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Thank god. Now we don't have to hear the "My Xbox is currently being repaired and should be home soon! :)"

EDIT: Oh my god F8AL thank you so muchhhh.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Haha of course. By the way ODIN, I don't like Hardcore. Yo, :mad:, when's yours coming back?

Started using the M21 EBR today. I'm in love. It's soooo good. I tried ACOG on it too, but for some reason, I didn't think it was that good :/

And I'm either going to change my Gamertag, and have to buy another Point card, OR not change it and save it for the DLC from IW. Thoughts?

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I would except my game disc is now ****ed up beyond any repair (FUBAR, in Military slang), so I have to get a new one tomorrow.

Anyway, Part 1 of the Sniper guide #3 part 1 in 3...2...1

Part 1: Choosing your primary
Of course, Sniper rifles are the main part of the sniper kit, but did you also know you can have makeshift ones? All you need is a thermal scope and a grip (with LMGs), and you have yourself a sniper rifle, in a way (You're still not a one shot kill). Here's a breakdown of the effectiveness of makeshift snipers:

ARs: Already holding good balanced range, you can slap on a thermal scope for some long range pseudo-sniping. Of course, the gun kicks noticeably, can only have a thermal variant, and of course, isn't the trusty OHK a real sniper is, but it still works.

SMGs: Considering that these things have poor range and high recoil, no.

LMGs: Same as an AR, but requires a grip, and bling.

OK, now that we delved into the awkward & filthy world of makeshift snipers, we can now cover the bread and butter of a sniper, the rifle.

Now, You may ask "which sniper rifle should I use". Most people say "go with rifle X" (mostly the bolt action intervention). However, there are two styles of sniping, Camp sniping, and scout sniping. Camp sniping is more defensive, setting up a perch, and using that to hide. They typically use more powerful yet bulky snipers, and use perks that allow them to kill from afar and stay there. Scout sniping is designed to advance behind enemy lines, and pick them off from behind their backs (I've done this, quite fun). So which rifle is best for the job?

Here's a little trick, look at the list of snipers, it should go:

Intervention
Barret
WA2000
M21

The lower down the list, the better the rifle is at scout sniping, and the worse it is at camp sniping. By this rule, the Intervention is the best camp sniper, and the M21 is the best scout sniper. The Barret is a good camp sniper with some scout sniping capabilities, while the WA2000 is a good scout sniper with some camp capabilities. Picking the right rifle is now dependent on your style of play.

But of course, where would I be if I didn't go over each rifle?

M200 Intervention:
Role: Pure camp
Some say that this is the best rifle in the game, others (like several pros), believe that it is inferior to the Barret. I disagree with both Ideas. The Intervention is similar to the Barret in power & accuracy. The Intervention has less recoil, faster reload, and doesn't burn through ammo as fast. In this way, it is a great Camp sniper, for a simple reason, it is easy to control. The Recoil won't throw you off, and you won't accidentally eat through 2/3rd of your ammo in a desperate attempt to nail a person. This is balanced by the fact that the intervention is rather rigid. It has almost no close range capacity, and the lack of semi-auto makes it's effectiveness without stopping power, while still quite high, rather problematic, and inferior to the other rifles. Still, for the person sitting on a perch, this may quickly become your best friend.

Barret 50. cal:
Role: Camp with scouting capabilities
The Barret also has it's one ups over the intervention. It has a faster rate of fire (even with the recoil), more rounds per clip, and has close range capabilities (via spamming the trigger). While the Intervention is a tamer rifle, the Barret is more capable of going out on it's own. It's semi-auto capabilities lends itself to scout sniping quite well, and while not as great as the unlockable snipers, it's still quite capable of flexi-sniping. It may lose to the Intervention when camp sniping, but the ability to leave your perch may be worth the risk.

WA2000:
Role: Scout with camp capabilities
The WA2000 is considered a 2 shot sniper (which is Ironic since it has the same non-stopping power kill areas as the power snipers), and thus lends itself to scout sniping. Of course, the damage area gives it some capacity to camp snipe. Of course, since it is inferior to power snipers when camp sniping, the flexi-scout, and ugly (IMO), it is the least popular sniper rifle.

M21:
Role: pure scout
As the sniper with the least recoil, and power, it of course lends it self to scout sniping, and only scout sniping. The fast RoF and little recoil helps it suit this role, and can easily go where the WA2000 can barely go, the Barret can only scratch, and the Intervention can't even dream of. But as a consequence, can't hold a candle to the others when on a perch, so you are somewhat sentencing yourself to moving around.

Part 2 coming soon.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
A FAMAS or M16 with Thermal is a one shot one kill sniper rifle.

They're not actually assault rifles.

EDIT: lol intervention being inferior to that of the M21 or Walther garbage.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I think Barrett is how it's spelled. I'm not sure though. Good guide though ^_^ I'm waiting to play with you Charizard :)

I just sent oodles of Friend Requests out too.

Also, just changed my XBOX LIVE Gamertag to xIcee

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I'll send an invite tomorrow, when I get a new disc (and sum up the courage)

And :mad:, the Intervention is inferior to the M21 in SCOUT SNIPING, since it is extremely rigid and lacks the ability to no-scope bullet spam, which the other rifles can do with ease. It is the best rifle for conventional sniping, but the worst at scout sniping.

Anyway, time for part 2!

Secondaries:
In case you haven't noticed, no sniper is capable of direct combat. You are the second most reliant class on your secondary (well, sans the riot shield), so picking the one that fits you is important. There are 4 secondaries group, so I'll dissect each one and pick out the best

Handguns:
Pros:
Quick drawing speed
Good range
Tac knife
Fast reload
Fast ADS

Cons:
Weak
inferior to other weapons in direct combat
out shined by other weapons classes

Pistols are further divided into 2 groups, power pistols and normal pistols. Power pistols are, of course, powerful, but lack ammo, and have a low clip, so those are ill recommended.

The normal Pistols are at two extremes, the USP, with a higher range, and the M9, with a higher hipfire accuracy. Generally, the USP's power wins over more people, and it certainly does in this case.

Preferred weapons: USP

Shotguns:
Pros:
Powerful
Capable of direct combat
Good CQG weapon

Cons:
Low range
Long reload
long pull out time

Shotguns are an interesting group, but the normal shotguns are merely altered in range or accuracy (sans the M1014, which has more power). Here's a general list

SPAS-12: High accuracy, low range, high ammo, low ROF
AA-12: Low range, low accuracy, low ammo, High ROF
Striker: Higher range, low accuracy, High ammo, mid RoF
M1014: Higher range, low accuracy, low ammo, mid range of fire, more damage

Of course, there are also the old shotguns that can be akimboed, but if you feel clumsy with akimbo (like me), avoid, especially considering how important ADS is

All shotguns work in their own way, but I prefer a more ranged weapon.

MPs:
Pros:
Good range (sans glock)
Good akimbo weapon (Glock only)
High ROF
good draw out speed (sans PP2000)
somewhat accurate
Varied

Cons:
Varies on the MP

PP2000
Pros:
accurate
powerful

Cons:
can kill only 2 people per clip

Glocks:
Pros:
Good akimbo weapon
High hipfire accuracy
can kill around 3 people per clip

Cons:
High recoil
Poor range
Akimbo reliant

M93R
Pros:
Burst fire
Most kills per clip of all MPs (6, due to burst fire nature)
Accurate

Cons:
unreliable sights (Red dot is highly recommended)
slow rate of fire (hard pressed in a group)

TMP:
Pros:
REALLY high accuracy
No recoil
good against solo targets

Cons:
Least kills per clip of all MPs (1)
Low ammo count (without scavenger)

Again, all up to preference, but this is the most recommended group.

Omis

my friends were skinny
If you play on the Xbox you dont actually need to buy a new disk. Borrow the game from a friend and rip it to your harddrive like you would any other game. You can then use your FUBAR disk all you want as long as the wave files (files that authenticate game as legit disk) are intact. /the more you know

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Great except I don't download data to my hard drive, nor do I have friends. My parents are willing to pay for it, and I still have time.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Man, me and TRG just played the gayest clan. First match, they used Riot shields the whole time. That was fine. Next match, they all camp in the back of Underpass. It was nearly impossible to obtain. Pain in the ***. We did good though. Good to be back.

S

smash brawl player 99021

There's so many 360 Guys it's hard to remember @_@ and with a name like Arcturus Stream, it's even more difficult ;_________; I'll be on again tonight too for anyone that wants to play.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Being able to no scope =/= a good scout sniper.

I and hundreds of other people run around with an Intervention and get great scores. I've never seen good M21 gameplay because on paper it looks good. In an actual match, no. You put something that is totally random in the equation. Being able to pull out your Akimbo Magnums is the best option every time.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Me and the M21 are best friends now. Me and TRG just went positive on Hcore Search. Haha he even got a EAD from one match. Good stuff.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Man, me and TRG just played the gayest clan. First match, they used Riot shields the whole time. That was fine. Next match, they all camp in the back of Underpass. It was nearly impossible to obtain. Pain in the ***. We did good though. Good to be back.
RPGs/n00b tubes + danger close = fun for the whole family!

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Being able to no scope =/= a good scout sniper.

I and hundreds of other people run around with an Intervention and get great scores. I've never seen good M21 gameplay because on paper it looks good. In an actual match, no. You put something that is totally random in the equation. Being able to pull out your Akimbo Magnums is the best option every time.
OK, the no-scope part is true, but the intervention has the worst close combat capabilities of any sniper, while the M21's low recoil and high Rof lends itself to scout sniping kinda well, since it makes an excellent pseudo AR. On the Akimbo magnums, It is more of a matter of preference, but I find akimbo clumsy for me, and the low clipsize of the power pistols (and TMP, and PP2000 on that note) doesn't lend to combat quite well (although when facing only a single person, they do serve as a godsend [Interesting story, when playing on sub base domination, I was camp sniping with the intervention and the TMP. Whenever a person went after C (the point behind me), I'd pull out my TMP, drop down, and start firing before reaching the ground. Haven't been killed by this method of point guarding. Shows how powerful the TMP can be.]).

Anyway, I do say that Akimbo is preference, but for me, it is sorta clumsy.
Plus, the power pistols and pseudo SMG Machine pistols burn through the ammo supply that have quickly, so scavenger is a must for those.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Doesn't matter how bad the Intervention is at close range. You should always be swapping to your secondary.

It's cool if you want an MP, easy mode is fine and all.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I actually prefer the old pistols from CoD4 as opposed to the machine pistols because they take forever to swap to and you're basically dead by the time you have them equipped.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I actually prefer the old pistols from CoD4 as opposed to the machine pistols because they take forever to swap to and you're basically dead by the time you have them equipped.
I can agree with this on any class with an AR, but when you're sniping and you need to become mobile for any reason, a machine pistol will do the job almost as well as a sub machine gun (and way better than any handgun) at close-medium range. MPs are the sole reason that sub machine guns are inferior now, because MPs are nearly as good as SMGs. Just look at the Raffica. It's an incredibly easy 1 burst kill at a decent range. A P90 can't kill as fast at close range.

Of course, the only issue is being able to pull it out in the first place, but that isn't TOO much a problem.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
First thing I do when I get my 360 back. Broken leg map crossing.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Hey

I have a PS3 and I want a headset so I can hear my surroundings/etc when Im playing MW2. Can anyone link me to some ps3 headsets?(not a bluetooth headset, i already have that and its for voice chat)

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Doesn't matter how bad the Intervention is at close range. You should always be swapping to your secondary.

It's cool if you want an MP, easy mode is fine and all.
1: the M21 (and the WA2000 to a lesser degree) do well in the middle of a firefight due to their High Rof, low reload time, and low recoil.

Here's a decent example of what I am trying to convey:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm2VL7HGGtM&feature=related

This guy made a stats guide to the snipers, but how he uses them conveys an even deeper meaning o the type of environment they do well in.

The Intervention is good from a perch, the Barrett from a pseudo perch, and the other two work well in the middle of a fray (the M21 even better).

And 2:

In case you haven't noticed, the MPs pull out quite fast (sans the PP2000, which I hate), and can each perform quite well. (TRG put it quite well)

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
The Intervention and Barrett kill from the stomach up. They're just as good, if not better at mid range. If you miss a shot, don't try to kill them. Get away from there. The WA and M21 just can't compare. They only beat the other 2 at close range with an ACOG.

arch knight

Smash Lord
The Intervention and Barrett kill from the stomach up. They're just as good, if not better at mid range. If you miss a shot, don't try to kill them. Get away from there. The WA and M21 just can't compare. They only beat the other 2 at close range with an ACOG.
although the M21 and WA have the low recoil vs the Intervention and Barrett; I'd have to agree but you have to hit center mass to ensure a kill otherwise its just a near kill with all but the intervention I believe. Depends on what perks you use and attachments.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
This is why they're two shot rifles at range.

I <3 the M21. It's my precious, and I'll be ****ed if someone tries to tell me I'm a scrub for using a gun I like to use, that suits my play style.

I have a barret with an acog/steady aim right now, and that's been okay. Not great, but some good lulz come from it. Akimbo pistols/G18 is pretty boss too (working on magnums).

Top Bottom