• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Tranzworld

Smash Apprentice
Hey MW2ers! I miss you all :(

My computer broke last week too and I had to spend a ton of money fixing it...there's like zero chance of me getting my xbox fixed before march. I miss you all D:

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Nooooo Tranz. :( At least it will get fixed some time in the future. Looking forward to you getting back online.

TRG, I spent my entire time looking straight up. I didn't see anyone below you. I only choose to go after someone if they camped in a previous round or pulled a Dinko and wouldn't let me be it and cause me to miss a round.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I'm back at my house, no more MW2 for a bit. Hopefully I might be able to play for a bit after school Friday.

GGs Cyan & Icy.

I got 5 Nukes in 4 hours this weekend, just saying.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I'm gonna go on and do some special ops missions that I have left: Terminal, Wetwork, and High Explosive. If anyone wants to help me they are welcome to join.

Edit: only need wetwork and high explosive now.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Translation: So I camped like a ***** to end the game early and ruin it for everyone else, go ahead and praise me.
Holy rage mode. But I have to agree with you. :urg:

Mini-Uzi@Silencer
USP.45@Tact. Knife/Akimbo

Claymore

Cold-Blooded
Marathon
Ninja/Commando.

Best SnD class ever?

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Translation: So I camped like a ***** to end the game early and ruin it for everyone else, go ahead and praise me.
Ah, a good assumption, yet completely wrong.

I don't camp. I hate campers. Camping is boring as hell, and I don't understand how people do it. I can't stand being in a spot for more than 10 seconds. My playstyle is pretty defensive though, I tend to stay on the perimeters, and 90% of the time, my primary has a silencer on it. I say 90% because that's excluding the M16 and any Sniper I use.

Calling in a nuke does technically count as ending the game early, but I pretty much only play Domination, and I never call it in unless one team has a score of 195+. So I let the game go on to a completely reasonable length. I don't see anything wrong with it.

I wasn't really asking for praise. I was just pretty content with the results of my playing, considering the fact that I only play this game about once every 2 weeks.

Be like anyone else I've told and blindly hate if you want, it doesn't bother me.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Theres a big difference between camping and playing defensively. The latter is, overall, more effective.

And don't act like camping is the only way to get nukes. I came very close to getting one today on Skidrow playing Ground War (had 23 kills) and I was running and gunning on my SMG class.

However, I do agree that ending the game early is obnoxious, which is why I've stopped using the nuke after I got the emblem... Well whenever I do use one it's because I'm playing with my real life friends and I just want to show off (like today).

S

smash brawl player 99021

Heh, Eddie. Always being flashy. I enjoyed pissing people off today in H-Core SnD with my Riot Shield. Such good times.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Theres a big difference between camping and playing defensively. The latter is, overall, more effective.

And don't act like camping is the only way to get nukes. I came very close to getting one today on Skidrow playing Ground War (had 23 kills) and I was running and gunning on my SMG class.

However, I do agree that ending the game early is obnoxious, which is why I've stopped using the nuke after I got the emblem... Well whenever I do use one it's because I'm playing with my real life friends and I just want to show off (like today).
This. Thank you.

I was playing with 4 of my friends from school when I did this. I normally don't use the Nuke.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Ouch, Nuke hating.

Anyways, for all you who play Domination or any other objective game type that has objectives in similar locations, you might want to be aware of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBX83uC3RNM

He's got a couple other vids up for other maps, and there are some out there that he doesn't have videos up of yet, either.

This just adds to my distaste of most objective game types. :urg:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
That video is a MAJOR problem that is going to plague Domination for MW2 history. Eventually, all of the idiots who like to ruin this game are going to start doing this and Domination will become unplayable... And that's WITHOUT any glitches.

I guess it's time for me to get back into Halo 3 before Reach comes out...

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You know... I'm going to stick with MW2 multiplayer. I've been loyal to IW for quite some time and they knew ahead of time what they were getting themselves in to with One Man Army, Commando, and things like that. It's not so much their fault for putting these things in the game as it is the communitys fault for abusing it. Unlimited ammo is part of One Man Army. You sacrifice a secondary weapon and have to wait to change, that's a fair tradeoff since you can do absolutely nothing. I'll get the typical retort, I'm sure. Somebody will give examples, hate on the multiplayer, and talk about how a future game will hold them over.

I defend this game because no one else will. There seems to be so much hate for what we all used to love. I found a way to make this game fun. Michael Myers, sniper lobbies, Danger Close. I find camo a fun thing to work toward. I went from 180 to 237 in one night for my Uzi. It was frustrating and I hated my opponents so much because of what they would do to win. I've come to realize that Skidrow and Terminal, while fun maps for many gametypes, should not be on the Domination map list. I must have quit fifteen matches tonight because of how campy it actually was.

Ah well, **** it, my post was rather worthless.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
That noobtube thing is pretty cheap, but can be beaten pretty easily, if your team isn`t ****, that is. If it happened to me even once, I`d just rush over there and knife the hell out of him.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
You know... I'm going to stick with MW2 multiplayer. I've been loyal to IW for quite some time and they knew ahead of time what they were getting themselves in to with One Man Army, Commando, and things like that. It's not so much their fault for putting these things in the game as it is the communitys fault for abusing it. Unlimited ammo is part of One Man Army. You sacrifice a secondary weapon and have to wait to change, that's a fair tradeoff since you can do absolutely nothing. I'll get the typical retort, I'm sure. Somebody will give examples, hate on the multiplayer, and talk about how a future game will hold them over.

I defend this game because no one else will. There seems to be so much hate for what we all used to love. I found a way to make this game fun. Michael Myers, sniper lobbies, Danger Close. I find camo a fun thing to work toward. I went from 180 to 237 in one night for my Uzi. It was frustrating and I hated my opponents so much because of what they would do to win. I've come to realize that Skidrow and Terminal, while fun maps for many gametypes, should not be on the Domination map list. I must have quit fifteen matches tonight because of how campy it actually was.

It's not really the game that I'm frustrated with. It's all of this BS that we have had to put up with, such as the javelin glitch, infinite ammo glitch, care package glitch, amazingly bad party system, and plenty more.

Now we have yet another game-breaking problem and it's completely legit. How can IW fix this? Get rid of OMA? They would never do that. This is a problem that is pretty much unfix-able unless IW does something about grenade launchers.

Also, I do indeed blame IW for making noob tubes + OMA if they knew ahead of time that something like this had the potential of happening. Players should NEVER be given the opportunity to abuse anything that could become game-breaking. Any element in the multiplayer that could potentially become game-breaking needs to be eliminated. Glitch or not. Therefore, it is IW's fault.

Seriously just watch this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_ZR-E_-wAM Is this really how the game is supposed to be played? Is this acceptable and something that everyone will have to put up with? I sure as hell won't.

EDIT: @Leafy- Not everyone is going to be as smart as you. Just watch the above video and you can clearly see that the other team was completely oblivious to what was going on. Eventually, this will catch on and more and more people will start abusing this.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp

I'm not leaving MW2's multiplayer either. I just feel that with OMA, Danger Close, and all the explosives available, and bad objective maps, that Objective gametypes are kind of ruined. I can't stand the lack of respawn delay in most objective gametypes. How are you supposed to cap a point if they can spawn and just throw a grenade and boom, you die? I've cleared out entire areas and began trying to capture a point one time, only to see some Hail Mary Frag drop from the sky and blow me up. Demolition is the worst, since it's nigh impossible to plant or defuse if the other team decides to just continuously throw their explosives toward the bomb site. Headquarters has similar problems when trying to capture the HQ. To be honest, the only objective modes I think about touching are Capture the Flag, Sabotage, and Search and Destroy, because they have respawn delays, making it feasible to accomplish the objective. Even then, some maps for these gametypes, mainly Sabotage and Search, are terrible for the game type. Terminal has way too many choke points to be able to move freely. Rundown has a similar problem. What I wish IW would do, is release a map pack dedicated to Objective modes. Balanced flag/bomb sites, not too many choke points, enough options where it's possible to get around. Hell, I'd love it if they brought back War for WaW. That was the best game type ever.

This game has such a high potential to be fun. I've played private matches with my friends, and they're fun because you can trust your friends to not be ***** and pull all the dumb crap that happens in matchmaking. When we play Mike Meyers or Sniper lobbies, they're fun because none of us are out to Noob tube galore each other. Hell, I've gotten a bunch of my friends to do Snipers only, Headshots only before, and it was really fun. The amount of dancing everyone was doing was insane.

Anyways, to fix this whole Artillery Grenade Launcher thing, all IW has to do is make it so the grenades become ineffective after a certain distance. I mean seriously, you never see people making legit shots like that. Also, the community cannot fix this. So many people that play this game are so stupid and clueless, that you'd have to be blessed to have them get their head on straight and stop dying to the GL. I was lucky to have someone on my team switch to a Cold Blooded class when the enemy was using the Care Package glitch back when it was still around.

As for the recording of the 10th prestige lobby invites, I should definitely try that. I have a capture card myself. =]

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
3 times I go in ground war today and 3 times some random kid sends me a message offering me 10th prestige for 1600 mircrosoft points. I usually just ignore stuff like that but it's been happening so often now that I report them for "offensive text message" lol.

S

smash brawl player 99021

It's dumb. They act as if they can actually find someone gullible enough to do it.

@TRG/:mad: I agree. OMA is for ***** that enjoy making the game no fun(Noob tubers, not Sniping/AR's). That's why I stick to Search/H-Core TDM

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I had to use OMA for 750 Kills to get the "Army of 1" Title. Boring as hell, but sick title.

It didn't take as long as it took to get "I.C.E. Man" though. Took longer, but even better title.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I agree with everyone about this OMA/Tube-tillery bull****. I originally didn't care, but when that **** spreads, it's going to ruin everything. I want to like this game...

Oh well... Reach beta in May and then Reach in the fall. I'd leave CoD for Halo any day of the week.

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
They act as if they can actually find someone gullible enough to do it.
Lol. I've went into countless of "free" 10th Prestige lobbies, it gets REALLY boring. All they do is bring down your KD and get you no where. I left one early, and 4 hours later I asked him if he was 10th Prestige, and he said no.

ITS ALL A CONSPIRACY I TELL YOU.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Lol. I've went into countless of "free" 10th Prestige lobbies, it gets REALLY boring. All they do is bring down your KD and get you no where. I left one early, and 4 hours later I asked him if he was 10th Prestige, and he said no.

ITS ALL A CONSPIRACY I TELL YOU.
why did you go to 10th prestige lobbies in the first place?

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
why did you go to 10th prestige lobbies in the first place?
Curiosity, mostly. I just wanted to see what they were doing. Like if it was some hack or, something fake.

Not because I actually wanted to become 10th prestige. I'll probably hit 70 this one and stop going into prestige mod.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I'm either gonna stop, or go all the way. (No perverts, please)

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I'm already over half way there.

Prestige 5 Level 65.

I'm also very excited. Less than 40 headshots left for Intervention Master III. And only around 100 more kills for Veteran III.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yes, well, fortunately NC has come to this topic. You only have me.

On the subject of Prestige. I see little point in it other than making the game fresh again for a little while if things become stale. It's also a measure of how much time you put in the game, not a measure of skill. This game really doesn't have an accurate measure of skill. Closest you can get is K/D ratio, but you can't compare K/D ratio to people you just met in the lobby, unfortunately.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I actually agree. It is really just the amount of time you play, not skill. Anyone can have a 1.04 K/D and still be Tenth Prestige. I think the 2nd Prestige Emblem sucks **** though, so I might go for it.

Top Bottom