• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

wowoduend

Smash Journeyman
I was playing a game of S&D and i was in a room full of pro snipers XD i had a good time. Can't believe i got a kill by jumping then quick scoping X3 satisfying

Also, i love the UMP.

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
Recently I just stuck in the face with a Semtex from quite a distance. I lol'd as I saw the red light blink on my screen.

Wish my friends wouldn't always play Search And Destroy though, I suck so I'm usually always dead.

Anyways, ACOG .50 Cal is fun to use, but I stopped using it pretty quickly. I forget why.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
The .50 Cal has really predictable recoil, a good sniper can set up so that they already have their scope on another enemy after shooting almost instantly. It's undoubtedly the best power sniper and I can't believe it took me at least 60 levels to actually start using it.
Once you get used to the "bounce" after you shoot the .50 Cal, it becomes an excellent 2-shotter (in case the first shot didn't kill the target).

What I like to do while sniping with it is to shoot, quickly crouch (I use the tactical button layout), and then shoot again. I can do all of the above much faster than it takes me to get 2 shots off with an Intervention, and that includes staying scoped in the whole time.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I never keep my scope up after I shoot.

Way too much tunnel vision and you will probably die.

Grunt

Smash Master
I was playing cod4 a few days ago...
I'm pretty sure i made it into a montage because some guy jumped from around a corner (i was prone, in thick grass no less, from drop shotting some guy a few seconds earlier and stayed down to reload) did a 360 no scope and shot me 1/2 way through his spin/jump.
:C

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
I use a throwing knife on my Riot Shield set up. There's something so satisfying about hitting them with a throwing knife, and also bashing someone down while they squirm.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Quick question for anyone- Has anyone had any success using the rapid fire attachment for ANY gun at all? It seems as if no matter which gun I use with it, whether it be a P90 or an M16, I always do terrible with the attachment.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Rapid Fire can only be used on a Sub.

I love Rapid Fire on the Vector, but that's just me.

Grunt

Smash Master
rapid fire on ump is great so you can keep cold blooded/LW and DPS.
wow.
i just said DPS in regards to a shooter.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
EVERYONE! RUN AWAY AND PROTECT YOUR WALLETS!

Activision expresses interest in subscription-based Call of Duty

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/10/activision-expresses-interest-in-subscription-based-call-of-duty/

"Infinity Ward may have tried to distance itself from the rumors about the Call of Duty franchise going down Subscription Lane™, but Activision head honcho Bobby Kotick said otherwise during the publishing giant's recent earnings call. "If you think about the success that we've had in other product categories on subscription, you can get a sense of the direction that we want to take that franchise," he said.

It's by no means a confirmation that you'll be Oscar Mike to the Inn before heading into the Den of Eternal Bunnyhoppers or whatever. But if there's anything Activision is good at, it's learning how to make more money from the massive amounts of money it's already made -- and subscription-based games generate the cash money on a monthly basis."

So let me get this straight, us 360 owners pay for Xbox LIVE, the game and now they want us to pay a monthly fee? NO! Too bad a lot of people will still buy this...

Activision Has Call of Duty 7 Loaded For Holiday

http://kotaku.com/5469025/activision-has-call-of-duty-7-loaded-for-holiday

"Given the "disproportionate contribution" that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 provided to Activision Blizzard's well-padded bottom line, it won't come as a surprise that the next Call of Duty game is coming this holiday season. See? You're not surprised.

While Activision Blizzard brass did not name the developer of the next major Call of Duty game, developer Treyarch has been linked to the next iteration."

*Reads the name 'Treyarch', RUNS!*

Matt07

Smash Master
Eh, that would kinda suck...

I wouldn't pay for a monthly fee, if that does end up happening I'll probably just stop buying their games.

Sure, it's only one person, but oh well, more money in my pocket for me :laugh:.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Eh, that would kinda suck...

I wouldn't pay for a monthly prescription, if that does end up happening I'll probably just stop buying their games.

Sure, it's only one person, but oh well, more money in my pocket for me :laugh:.
LOL :laugh:

S

smash brawl player 99021

So you have to pay them another fee to make their game mostly bug/glitch free?
It should be like that already, but if it was guaranteed to be flawless (No glitches, bugs, Host Migration failures, etc) then I would at the least, consider it.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
It should be like that already, but if it was guaranteed to be flawless (No glitches, bugs, Host Migration failures, etc) then I would at the least, consider it.
No, when I purchase a game, I expect it to be mostly bug/glitch free. I shouldn't have to pay them another fee to do that. I would consider no such thing. Game companies save time these days by cutting back on the bug testing part of the game and they just patch it numerous times in the future. :urg:

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I wouldn't pay a monthly fee for a call of duty game. If it came to that, I'd just play Halo 3(or Halo Reach since that's probably gonna come out this fall) instead.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Too many awesome games coming out this year for me to care about the next CoD for a while... Bioshock 2, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Pokemon Soul Silver, Halo: Reach, Super Mario Galaxy 2, and a few more.

2010 will be QUITE a year... with or without Call of Duty.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
MW2 may be my last CoD game which I will ever buy. If this stupid subscription-model plan succeeds then there's no doubt in my mind that other game companies will try to copy/clone it.

Soon we will all be paying for virtual ammo!

Me: "COVER ME, I NEED TO RELOAD!"

*Presses the guide button, goes to the XBLM*

"Hmmmm...let's see....100 MP5 bullets will cost me $3..."

*Purchases*

*Reloads*

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
60-2-15 on Scrapyard. This match made me realize how fun this game is. 5 kill Semtex at the very start with a triple kill Predator right after.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
anyone wanna play any mike myers matches tomorrow? I'll probably be online at 5:30.
Count me in. What time zone? Let's also establish some rules. No Commando plz, and no camping. Throwing Knives are legit. Don't shoot Mike Myers. Ever. We had 4 instances where he died. And one where someone fell off of a tower on Highrise and died.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Count me in. What time zone? Let's also establish some rules. No Commando plz, and no camping. Throwing Knives are legit. Don't shoot Mike Myers. Ever. We had 4 instances where he died. And one where someone fell off of a tower on Highrise and died.
This may sound dumb but I don't remember the names of time zones, all I know is I live in New Jersey lol.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I'm sad. No more care package glitching.

:(

EDIT: Next month I plan on not playing MW2 as much. My life is complete.

Perfect Dark on the XLBA!

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I'm sad. No more care package glitching.
Actually...

I believe another way has been found out, though I can't quite say I'm 100% sure. I just came out of a match on Rundown where my team was dominating, yet all of a sudden the enemy was continuously getting care packages. I didn't count how many, though it was certainly much more than the other team should have been getting, considering how bad we were beating them. Looking at the end game stats, the best K/D on their team was between 3-4. Giving the guy some slack he could have earned maybe 3-4. Next best was slightly above 2, with the third being Below 1.

26-7
17-8
12-20

The highest on their team also earned a Harrier Strike, which means 1 care package, but leaves 19 kills spread between 6 deaths, barely over a 3 ratio.

Just putting this out there. Like I said, they could have actually gotten the massive amounts of care packages, I'm just a little skeptical at it.

Also, I'm down for Mike Meyers. Should be on most of the night, just send me an invite, Appearing Offline.

Top Bottom