• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Nah, more like $20. I remember finding a copy of MW2 for like $40 a month ago.
Wait a minute they actually reduced the price of a CoD game more than 10$ after 3 years? Damn, I didn't even think that was possible that's pretty much unheard of in my experience

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I love you guys. :)

Seriously though, how IS MW2? Is it still the same BS, or has it really been toned down? Is there still a lot of Commando or even OMA/DangerClose?
I love that image. <33333333

Only if Tim is on the other team.
Seriously though it doesn't appear so.
Told ya so. :awesome:

notbadObama.jpg

Well, maybe I'll go back and play sometime.

But for now, the journey to finish all prestiges in one game continues.
We should all one day get a full party and play this game again. :)

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I got another nuke (my 3rd one) about half an hour ago. GW Domination on Afghan with 2 friends. I was camping in the big bunker and tubing people and killing them with my DC claymores. Then, I got my harriers, ran back to the grassy parts at the 'A' flag and then used my CG to get the other 14 kills. One guy tried shooting me down but only got off one stinger missile. (I was tempted to kill the guy(s) capping 'A' when I was there in my CG but that was too risky.)

We were losing (a bit) too so I got the spinning CoD4 emblem when I called the nuke in. :awesome:

And to think I promised myself that I wouldn't go for nukes anymore. I hate going for 'em cause my heartbeat rises and my hands start shaking. :urg:

I also almost got another one the next game on Sub base but another friend of mine put the nuke on too and got his before me. I was at 23 kills too before he called it in. :mad:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
The other team actually got nuked THREE times (First by me, then by my friend, then by a random in the lobby) in a row.

They were tired of getting nuked after that so they brought out the OMA DC noob tubes. :glare:

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
The other team actually got nuked THREE times (First by me, then by my friend, then by a random in the lobby) in a row.

They were tired of getting nuked after that so they brought out the OMA DC noob tubes. :glare:
Weren't you using OMA DC tubes to get your nuke in the first place? Seems justified to me.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
You are the problem with this game.
This.Tim you're a cool dude but the things you do in these games are so unbelievable.
I don't even understand how you complain about these games when you do what you do
Fine, I will try to limit the usage of my OMA DC class just for you, happy?

The plot thickens.

What will F8AL use next?

Will we learn the true identity of SwampertTheGreat?!

WILL WE EVER LEARN IF IT WAS IN FACT O D I N AND AIDO'S BABY?!?!?!?

FIND OUT NEXT TIME, ON THE NEXT, EXCITING EPISODE OF DRAGON BALL Z MODERN WARFARE 2!!!

:troll:

Good morning, SWF'ers.

Good morning Charlie!

Alas, I'm at work, with the flu. And no one to cover my shift. So expect A LOT of this through out the day. :urg:

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Retaliation, yes.

I have never achieved a nuke in my MW2 career, much less stooped to that level.

And by that level, I mean resort to nothing but OMA/DC tubes.
You'll get the knife only nuke some day yo.
I've done it in ffa before but I wasn't recording
Isn't knifing one of those **** tactics for a nuke though? People always complain about that one ******* running around with a tac knife/commando/marathon/etc. and that he always gets the panic knife first and all that ****.

I can't imagine a knife only nuke being a **** tactic, even if it's pretty hard to pull off already

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Isn't knifing one of those **** tactics for a nuke though? People always complain about that one ******* running around with a tac knife/commando/marathon/etc. and that he always gets the panic knife first and all that ****.

I can't imagine a knife only nuke being a **** tactic, even if it's pretty hard to pull off already
I'm going start this debate with my opening comments, and then you're more than welcome to follow up with a rebuttal.

The ability to use a knife in a gun fight is a skill that few can do. Fewer can master. And what you're sacrificing to be get your kills in one hit is range over distance.

Allow me to explain.

I have a knife.

The knife, needs to be within 2 feet (for sake of argument) to be a kill. The SMG, needs to be within 2 feet, or farther with at least 3 to 5 bullets (sometimes more) anywhere on the body AT RANGE to be a kill.

Do you see the difference?

The difference being that I have to come to YOU, the target, to get my kill, while YOU, the victim, can see ME, the knife wielder. My only chance at possibly getting you at range, is a throwing, which needs INCREDIBLE accuracy, especially over long distance.

And that's just for another SMG user. The AR user can kill in less bullets over range, and the Snipers can kill in one to two bullets over extreme ranges. Shotguns are the worst enemy for a knife user as they can be used well within the effective range of the knife, and can kill effectively.

So, you say imbalanced. I say, challenging, and perfectly balanced. And seeing as there is no scavenger+marathon in this game, it will be very hard to pull off in this game, as any knife I throw, I will need to find again.

The floor is yours. Please, proceed.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Played this game today, ran into a lag switcher.......man I just can't get into a good match today in any CoD game. Even on Christmas people have to be rotten cheaters.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'm going start this debate with my opening comments, and then you're more than welcome to follow up with a rebuttal.

The ability to use a knife in a gun fight is a skill that few can do. Fewer can master. And what you're sacrificing to be get your kills in one hit is range over distance.

Allow me to explain.

I have a knife.

The knife, needs to be within 2 feet (for sake of argument) to be a kill. The SMG, needs to be within 2 feet, or farther with at least 3 to 5 bullets (sometimes more) anywhere on the body AT RANGE to be a kill.

Do you see the difference?

The difference being that I have to come to YOU, the target, to get my kill, while YOU, the victim, can see ME, the knife wielder. My only chance at possibly getting you at range, is a throwing, which needs INCREDIBLE accuracy, especially over long distance.

And that's just for another SMG user. The AR user can kill in less bullets over range, and the Snipers can kill in one to two bullets over extreme ranges. Shotguns are the worst enemy for a knife user as they can be used well within the effective range of the knife, and can kill effectively.

So, you say imbalanced. I say, challenging, and perfectly balanced. And seeing as there is no scavenger+marathon in this game, it will be very hard to pull off in this game, as any knife I throw, I will need to find again.

The floor is yours. Please, proceed.
Eh, I really don't feel like making paragraphs of a post explaining my reasoning, and I only responded in the first place because people always complain about the knife and for the sake of the argument

That, and I don't have the time atm to make a giant post, so sorry :c

Top Bottom