• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

California Legalizes Gay Marriage

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Ok, please make me a neat list of all your previously stated questions, and I will answer them or respond like a politician(no response, lol).
Please, if it upsets you that much.
Here's a question, if someone asked you to turn gay, could you do it? I mean, its a choice right? All you have to do is think about it hard enough and eventually that guy is going to seem attractive to you right?

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
What does this have to do with my political discontent?
It doesn't. Its just something I want you to think about. If being gay is really a choice then you should be able to go out and become gay. Do it, find ONLY males attractive for a while. Once again its YOUR choice who you find attractive so you should be able to make that switch easily.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, apparently my witty quotes didn't catch your attention, John. Allow me to state it very directly then:

- What makes you think that the opinion of the majority should be made into law? This is clearly not the case in our government. It never has been. I really don't know where you'd get the delusion that the government has to follow what the majority wants.

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
It doesn't. Its just something I want you to think about. If being gay is really a choice then you should be able to go out and become gay. Do it, find ONLY males attractive for a while. Once again its YOUR choice who you find attractive so you should be able to make that switch easily.
If I were to, you would consider me gay from the start or bisexual, so you can keep your opinion justified.
Now, I got three infractions here for double posting, and will be quitting, so sorry, but the mods are tearing me limb from limb while I am being flamed, pestered, and trying to voice my opinion, while getting flamed at some more, then told wrong, but being unallowed or maybe just too respectful to tell you guys you are wrong!

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Can you take notice that my problem is not gay marriage, but that the majority was ignored.
You may flame and whine about how you say you are born this way and cannot help it, hey, the emo kid wasn't born emo, he converted to fit in, be accepted, make friends who accept him(I don't have trouble with emo people, i am friends with some that may consider themselves this).

Think about this!
Negative.
Gays are born gay. That's science, that's the evidence and that's how it is.
I'm sure they wouldn't choose having to put up with people like you.
And even if it were a choice, people should have the right to do what they want as well so long as it doesn't harm anyone.

Aesir

Smash Master
If I were to, you would consider me gay from the start or bisexual, so you can keep your opinion justified.
Now, I got three infractions here for double posting, and will be quitting, so sorry, but the mods are tearing me limb from limb while I am being flamed, pestered, and trying to voice my opinion, while getting flamed at some more, then told wrong, but being unallowed or maybe just too respectful to tell you guys you are wrong!
Wow is your logic horrible wrong, yeah thats right wrong.

The fact is you can't choose to be gay you either are or you aren't you might be confused about your sexual identity but you are never ever in control of it. It's wired into our brains to be attracted to a certain gender we can't rewrite that on our own.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Even if someone choses to be gay, why would that matter?

Also, stop making yourself the victim. You come into this topic bashing people for being happy over this, ignoring most people's points, and not proving anything, and then expect people to respect you?

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
If you were too, I'd at least take your opinion into consideration. To this point however there has never been a single straight person who just randomly decided to be gay. You can prove me wrong though, all you have to do is go out and alter your sexual preferences. Until then, im more inclined to believe the research that says sexual preferences are ingrained in your mind since birth.

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
Even if someone choses to be gay, why would that matter?

Also, stop making yourself the victim. You come into this topic bashing people for being happy over this, ignoring most people's points, and not proving anything, and then expect people to respect you?
Where did you want me to express my discontent with this, if I started a new topic on it, it would be locked.

If you were too, I'd at least take your opinion into consideration. To this point however there has never been a single straight person who just randomly decided to be gay. You can prove me wrong though, all you have to do is go out and alter your sexual preferences. Until then, im more inclined to believe the research that says sexual preferences are ingrained in your mind since birth.
Uh...I know of something called decisions, and I can bet you, somebody looked at gays and decide he/she wanted to be like them and fit in with them, and joined them.
And, you say it is wired into your brains, how then, do I know someone who was gay, and decided to become straight, and now he is married to a women, has kids, and is not gay?
Did he rewire his mind? Then it must have been a choice!
And that research, they took the fruit flies they tested their Fq28 gene or whatever on and put them with males, they tried courtship, omg, gay flies, then they put them with females and they mated with the females.
Please, rather than argue with me, discuss the possibility amongst yourselves that you may be able to decide your own fate rather than relying on initial perception.

And, yeah, I am not gay, you people who are can discuss it, I know it is funner to team up on me, but, hey, can you people look at some studies and decide what you think?
and if you are really bugging to ask me something, PM me, I am tired of double posting by accident, I don't know how many infractions I can take!
Alright, guys, hopefully, we can forgive each other and get over our differences and get along, I am not trying to be too big of a jerk.

Edit: CrimsonKing, is your avatar, uh...well, all I can tell, all I see is a guy with something on his hand pointing his hands posed like a gun at his head, can you tell me what it is?

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Uh...I know of something called decisions, and I can bet you, somebody looked at gays and decide he/she wanted to be like them and fit in with them, and joined them.
And, you say it is wired into your brains, how then, do I know someone who was gay, and decided to become straight, and now he is married to a women, has kids, and is not gay?
Did he rewire his mind? Then it must have been a choice!
And that research, they took the fruit flies they tested their Fq28 gene or whatever on and put them with males, they tried courtship, omg, gay flies, then they put them with females and they mated with the females.
Please, rather than argue with me, discuss the possibility amongst yourselves that you may be able to decide your own fate rather than relying on initial perception.

And, yeah, I am not gay, you people who are can discuss it, I know it is funner to team up on me, but, hey, can you people look at some studies and decide what you think?
and if you are really bugging to ask me something, PM me, I am tired of double posting by accident, I don't know how many infractions I can take!
Alright, guys, hopefully, we can forgive each other and get over our differences and get along, I am not trying to be too big of a jerk.

Edit: CrimsonKing, is your avatar, uh...well, all I can tell, all I see is a guy with something on his hand pointing his hands posed like a gun at his head.
Im not gay. I have never been, nor will I ever be. As for the decisions to change yourself to be accepted, thats what we refer to as "Lying." I could easily pretend to be gay, say I like men, say I don't like women, but I would be LYING. I could go to a KKK meeting and say I hate Black people, but I would be lying. What you say to be accepted and what you actually believe are two different things. The reason I told you to go become gay isn't so you can convince me, its so you can convince yourself. If you really can just become gay, you would be able to do it and know that you, in your heart, knew what you were doing was true. However, if you COULDN'T and you just pretended to be gay, once again, only YOU would know that and as such, it would only affect YOU. Stop being an ignorant fool and start thinking a little.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
John, I'm gay. I spent seven years denying it and trying to change it. As with your comparison to down syndrome earlier in the thread: I was not born right. I have a genetic defect (sorry to anyone who finds that offensive) that makes me incapable of performing intercourse with a woman: I'm 20 years old and I have never "gotten it up" for/over a woman. And I've tried; god help me, I've tried. (sorry to the mods if any of that went too far: feel free to edit anything out)

The only choice I have in this matter is to live a lie and be alone, or to just try to make the best with the bad hand I was dealt. I'm sorry if that offends you (really, I am), but I just can't lie anymore.

As Xsyven said some time ago: If I could be straight, I would.

And no, I'm not going to argue your gouvernment discussion, for two reasons. A) This isn't the thread to do it in and B) I'm not an American and do not follow American politics and have no business in a discussion about it.

Your posts really hurt, John. They really did.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
My avatar is Travis Bickle from Taxi Driver. His fingers are in the shape of a gun with blood on it.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I know I've been straight all my life. There's been times when I thought it would be neat to be bisexual, but somehow I never became bisexual. Why is that? Probably because it's not a choice, but something genetic.

It says something about your hatred and fear of homosexuality that you're not even wiling to try to be attracted to a man, even though you believe it's a choice and therefore you should be able to change right back. I think that's the real reason you refuse to try it. I don't believe it's just because we won't believe you.

At the very least, shouldn't you do it just to confirm for yourself that you're right? I always want to thoroughly investigate the positions I take on important issue, like this one is. Are you just so close minded that you're not even willing to consider for a second that you might be wrong?

I don't deny that people can repress their natural urges. Gay people do not have to have sex with others of the same gender, just as straight people do not have to have sex with people of the opposite gender. But they'll still want to, and that's what makes them gay or straight.

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
It says something about your hatred and fear of homosexuality that you're not even wiling to try to be attracted to a man, even though you believe it's a choice and therefore you should be able to change right back. I think that's the real reason you refuse to try it. I don't believe it's just because we won't believe you.
I do not hate gay people, and do not fear them, or homosexuality.
I honestly can tell you, you cannot try to be attracted to someone, that is like trying to like eating mustard when you think that stuff tastes bad.
Also, social ridicule, abandonment by friends, rejection by family and ingrained beliefs would prevent me from being gay, and my own choice against it, due to these factors.
Maybe gay people lack some of these, solid beliefs, raised to see it as something not to do, their family may accept them for being gay, and therefore, are ok with doing it, their friends won't mind.
It is hard changing what you believe in, i have changed my beliefs before on alot of things that affect me and deal with it ever day, and it hurts, I am sorry guys, and I may not have gone through what you have due to having such a radically different beliefs, but my beliefs too, I don't mind to outside pressure, but the internal s what gets me, it hurts when my own mind feels inclined toward a different thing than what I know is right.
It sucks to have to change ideas, I may not have dealt with the mental anguish of attempting to straighten out from being gay.
But my beliefs have gone through major changes before, and I am constantly in doubt, it hurts, and sometimes I just give up and feel lost, sorry that I haven't been sympathetic, but I just now realized to apply my major changes in belief, and relate to how you guys may feel sometimes.
I used to be very evolutionist, and now do not believe in evolution, but with it all over TV, school, news, it is hard, trying to believe in something else after believing in evolution so wildly for so many years, to the point I read about it, talked about it, even made stories about it, now I constantly feel beaten down because of how it is everywhere, and my own mind trys to tell me that is seems right.
Please, I am just trying to relate to you guys.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Aids is more common in gay couples...so by supporting gay marriage you also support AIDS. //_-\\
Do you realize how stupid that makes you sound? That's like saying that owning a dog makes you support beastiality.

I do not hate gay people, and do not fear them, or homosexuality.
I honestly can tell you, you cannot try to be attracted to someone, that is like trying to like eating mustard when you think that stuff tastes bad.
Also, social ridicule, abandonment by friends, rejection by family and ingrained beliefs would prevent me from being gay, and my own choice against it, due to these factors.
Maybe gay people lack some of these, solid beliefs, raised to see it as something not to do, their family may accept them for being gay, and therefore, are ok with doing it, their friends won't mind.
It is hard changing what you believe in, i have changed my beliefs before on alot of things that affect me and deal with it ever day, and it hurts, I am sorry guys, and I may not have gone through what you have due to having such a radically different beliefs, but my beliefs too, I don't mind to outside pressure, but the internal s what gets me, it hurts when my own mind feels inclined toward a different thing than what I know is right.
It sucks to have to change ideas, I may not have dealt with the mental anguish of attempting to straighten out from being gay.
But my beliefs have gone through major changes before, and I am constantly in doubt, it hurts, and sometimes I just give up and feel lost, sorry that I haven't been sympathetic, but I just now realized to apply my major changes in belief, and relate to how you guys may feel sometimes.
You know what. I think there's one option that you haven't considered. Maybe, just maybe, you were born straight. Think about that.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Aids is more common in gay couples...so by supporting gay marriage you also support AIDS. //_-\\
What are you guys talking about? He's right. Gays do get AIDs more. Now, personally, I completely support AIDs.

While at it though, I'll add to his list since blacks do a lot of drugs and steal, allowing them to vote means you support Christian Slater and Wynona Rider.

Stereotyping is awesome!

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
What are you guys talking about? He's right. Gays do get AIDs more. Now, personally, I completely support AIDs.

While at it though, I'll add to his list since blacks do a lot of drugs and steal, allowing them to vote means you support Christian Slater and Wynona Rider.

Stereotyping is awesome!

Speaking of which, im gonna go jump some fences

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7456588.stm

^ kind of proves that you're born with it as it's sorta hard to completely rewire your entire brain after birth...>_> unless you hit your head really ****ing hard or some ****.
Right under the picture of Lucias Malfoy and Goyle(lol, thats who they look like), it says the keyword MAY.

Anyway, I think it is multiple factors affecting what they do, their mind may work better with these factors.
I find it wrong to believe we don't have a choice, no matter what our mentality, we can do things against our will, not that this has to be, but, hey, swallowing cold medicine, who wants to do that? Not too many people do!
How about going to school, you may not want to but decide you have to, you don't have to, you may be required.
Choices have consequences, and some look bleak and sad on one end.
I want to try to relate to you people, but hope I can make a point, your not being forced to do anything.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Why do you keep stating over and over again it's a choice. When the majority of gay people say it's not and when countless scientific studies tell you it's not it's pretty ignorant, hurtful and somewhat thick to deny it.

Maybe you're bi, I don't know... :confused:

RizardoLawless

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad. I'm not gay so it doesn't concern me at all, but this whole issue is a completely pointless injustice. Who cares who gets married to who?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer

Stereotyping is awesome!
Of course! Why didn't I see that before! You're a genius, CK, a genius.

Well, maybe it is a go with the flow decision, like school, I wouldn't view going to school as a decision.
Yeah. It's totally going with the flow when that flow is less that 1% of the population.

Aesir

Smash Master
Anyway, I think it is multiple factors affecting what they do, their mind may work better with these factors.
Well it's a good thing the scientific community doesn't go off of what you think, otherwise we'd be ****ed.

I find it wrong to believe we don't have a choice, no matter what our mentality, we can do things against our will, not that this has to be, but, hey, swallowing cold medicine, who wants to do that? Not too many people do!
Theres a big difference between swallowing cold medicine and going against whats hardwired into our brain.

What you're suggesting is really no different then loading photo shop and trying to use it to order pizza.

How about going to school, you may not want to but decide you have to, you don't have to, you may be required.
Wtf are you talking about? how does that have anything to do with going against whats hardwired into your brain?

Choices have consequences, and some look bleak and sad on one end.
I want to try to relate to you people, but hope I can make a point, your not being forced to do anything.
You failed at it.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
This happened like a month ago didn't it? Because it only made Australian news yesterday, our messenger pigeon is getting slack.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Personally, I'm against gay marriage.

Well, it's considered an abomination to my religion, first of all, and I can't believe the world has changed so much in a couple decades. A couple years back, all this wasn't hitting the news so frequently... sure there was an uprising or two, but nothing this rampant.

The world has done fine for centuries with just a man and woman getting married...

Anyway, just my two cents. It's not my life anyhow, so I can't make others' decisions for them.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Personally, I'm against gay marriage.

Well, it's considered an abomination to my religion, first of all, and I can't believe the world has changed so much in a couple decades. A couple years back, all this wasn't hitting the news so frequently... sure there was an uprising or two, but nothing this rampant.

The world has done fine for centuries with just a man and woman getting married...

Anyway, just my two cents. It's not my life anyhow, so I can't make others' decisions for them.
The world would have done fine without men and women getting married. Marriage has nothing to do with the course of history.

Not everybody believes in your religion. Just pointing that out, though I do understand that you don't really care because of the 'its not my life anyhow, so I can't make others' decisions for them'.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
The world would have done fine without men and women getting married. Marriage has nothing to do with the course of history.

Not everybody believes in your religion. Just pointing that out, though I do understand that you don't really care because of the 'its not my life anyhow, so I can't make others' decisions for them'.
Must you be so ignorant just because one person doesn't agree with you?

Don't demoralize me just because I don't think everything is acceptable that you do, or that the world does in general. Everyone has someone they do not agree with in this world, and that just happens to be one of mine.

Also, mocking me just shows how mature you are; all I did was give an opinion, no need to demean what I said just because I think differently.

Aesir

Smash Master
Must you be so ignorant just because one person doesn't agree with you?

Don't demoralize me just because I don't think everything is acceptable that you do, or that the world does in general. Everyone has someone they do not agree with in this world, and that just happens to be one of mine.

Also, mocking me just shows how mature you are; all I did was give an opinion, no need to demean what I said just because I think differently.
You don't have to agree with it however don't hinder their rights because of your biased and unfounded belief that it's "immoral"

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Sorry but calling a group of people an ''abomination'' (your words) and then somehow acting offended when the reply you got was surprisingly diplomatic is a bit ridiculous.
There's something called an OPINION.

If that's what I think, that's what I think; what's the big deal?
I don't mean to offend anyone, but hey, if they are taking an opinion seriously, I don't know what else I can say?

Me being sentimental for something I don't care much about isn't in my plans, I apologize.

And by the by, I said I, meaning ME, oppose gay marriage. Whether or not it is legalized is neither my, nor your decision in the end of it all. I honestly, don't care for it, if it gets legalized, oh well; I'm just against it.

Top Bottom