• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C3 MD/VA brawl tournament thread upcoming 5/23 saturday

Azen Zagenite

Smash Champion
=^_^=

The thing is just a year ago or so C3 used to be mad tite and everyone liked it. My memory isn't that good, but this is basically what happened overtime:

At first C3 was tite as ****

5$ fee (same for the other venue tournies at the time too i think), all day smash, cheap drinks/food

but then...

10$ fee, all day smash, a free drink/chips (i think to make it seem like the 10$ fee wasnt bad), slightly more expensive food/drinks

then.....

10$, night time only, very expensive food/drinks

That might not be exactly how it went, but basically it started off amazing and just got worse and worse. Maybe they couldn't handle it as a business, then they should just drop smash altogether and concentrate on profitable things instead of giving us super expensive leftover scraps. Giving us only half a day, its kind of insulting. C3 likes to put the blame on us not attending to cover their own shortcomings. You know why we don't like to attend anymore, cause C3 turned into ****.

I always liked tournaments at people's houses more than a business venue, but that's prolly cause in the early days of Melee that was all there was. To me, it feels funner at places like Chu's, and fun is what a Video Game is about.

Anyway, whichever tourney Chu wants to go, I'll go.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I'm going to this. I want to play teams. I <3 Teams. This strangely fits my schedule- so i'll be here with my 30 bucks, which i plan on getting back by placing well.

Now with that said

Yoster teams lets gosters

We can be team "Toaster"

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
The thing is just a year ago or so C3 used to be mad tite and everyone liked it. My memory isn't that good, but this is basically what happened overtime:

5$ fee (same for the other venue tournies at the time too i think), all day smash, cheap drinks/food

but then...

10$ fee, all day smash, a free drink/chips (i think to make it seem like the 10$ fee wasnt bad), slightly more expensive food/drinks

then.....

That might not be exactly how it went, but basically it started off amazing and just got worse and worse. Maybe they couldn't handle it as a business, then they should just drop smash altogether and concentrate on profitable things instead of giving us super expensive leftover scraps. Giving us only half a day, its kind of insulting. C3 likes to put the blame on us not attending to cover their own shortcomings. You know why we don't like to attend anymore, cause C3 turned into ****.

I always liked tournaments at people's houses more than a business venue, but that's prolly cause in the early days of Melee that was all there was. To me, it feels funner at places like Chu's, and fun is what a Video Game is about.

I actually think the gamepad in frederickburg is kinda like how azen described C3 in the beginning of the post. the best thing i remember was that the atmosphere was very loose, i usually didn't have problems talking to management about issues, and who am i? im just a guy who lied smash, but they listened, which is IMO the thing you need to look for at these kind of places. For the most part whether it was for smash or yugioh or the like, I wasn't all that comfortable, or i felt like it was crowded. The brawl tourneys they had each week have been lower than other places even since they opened; this is the first time they've had tourney entry 10$ too. then again, maybe its because they were new, or that people didn't come from all over... and it seems like the dudes there ( some of which even went to C3) really want to beat C3 in terms of overall experience for people who come, which is nice. Im sure some of them go to this section and read what people think of other tourneys too...

( and i almost never bought anythign in there though... i went to chikfila next door... lol im black...)

Lobos

Smash Master
Well considering the economic times we are in right now I can see why the higher prices even tho its not really that much higher. I like the venue c3, not so much the management but for the past 2 years it did provide us a good venue. Ah well I try to make it to next, not going to either this or twins anyways ( b-day :p ).

Don't worry Tope I still remember that $5. I got you next time I make it out.

KnightMare516

Smash Lord

but then...

then.....

You guys should come up to NY for my tourny should be alot of fun XD and alot of people. Check it out =^_^=

Azen Zagenite

Smash Champion
=^_^=

i think thats the longest azen post in history
LOL I used to have mad long posts trash talking people many years ago. That was before mods turned into ***gots though, nowadays they just throw out warnings and bans like they're nothing.

One of the best parts of Melee was seeing regions trashtalk each other and the whole entire EC vs WC rivalry. None of that happens now with the gay mods -.-
There's little to no incentive to go out-of-state, no more people travelling to prove the other region wrong, no more crew rivalries like H2YL vs DA (we trashtalked each other sooo much it was so fun), no more huge national tournies that people from all over go to.

Deez.

Smash Lord

but then...

then.....

And that is why you are Azen.:psycho: you just told it how it is which is perfect. anytime someone *****es at me for having this tournament tomorrow ill send them this link.:laugh:

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
LOL I used to have mad long posts trash talking people many years ago. That was before mods turned into ***gots though, nowadays they just throw out warnings and bans like they're nothing.

One of the best parts of Melee was seeing regions trashtalk each other and the whole entire EC vs WC rivalry. None of that happens now with the gay mods -.-
There's little to no incentive to go out-of-state, no more people travelling to prove the other region wrong.

on the contrary i went to dsf's rap battle thread LMAO and he asked me to dis socal so i did LMAO i trash talked the hell out of them and i didn't get warned O.o maybe i was lucky HAHAHa

IDK why DSF told me to trash talk socal tho...

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
Funny thing, cause Originals think that cooters suck!!!! Originals think Justice League Brawlers are better than Cooters. Man trashtalking is fun.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

g-regulate

Smash Hero
JLB better than cooters? thats a low blow, it honestly hurt. we smoke them with secondariesthough.

i challenge azen's master of diversity status. your randoms are sub par son!!

Azen Zagenite

Smash Champion
=^_^=

My first time playing a fighter that isn't smash and I still gave people trouble. I just need to work on technical skill since that's 90% of what traditional fighters are. Snake ***** and Birdwoman are coming for you guys

You just got lucky G-reg,
****z not gonna happen again!

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
Your right JLB can be beaten by the Originals when we all go random.

Also, H2YL are just as bad. I mean seriously, who has ever heard of Chillin or Chut Dat and what in the blue hell is an Azen???

Just keeping the trash talking dream alive...:laugh::bee::psycho:

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I've never heard of Chut Dat.

Assuming thesage can't make it to this, anyone want to team with a relatively unknown ROB main? =P

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Alright we'll see what happens with teams tomorrow- i'll find one at the tourney

See you all tomorrow!!!!

Edit: I've never heard Azen trash talk in my life...I would be interested in reading it lol

He's like, the most qualified trash talker in MD/VA, but never trash talks haha

Pegachris

Smash Apprentice
, and that pegachris tourney which theres supposed to be more of;
Im trying to push for weekly, yes thats right WEEKLY tournies at my house with Deez co hosting. The only thing stopping me right now is my mom is being a pain lol :laugh:

Also it would be a very low cost (Ive been wanting to do no venue fee with the hosts getting a cut of the winnings), plus Im dying for a swiss style singles tourny.

But yea first things first, I gotta convince my stubborn mom :laugh:

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
I'm going to C3. I love small tourneys, and I don't agree with C3's pricings (remember the days of the lockins?) but it's a business after all I guess, and I appreciate the room and lack of parents/rules.

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
I'm gonna get there around 5:30 or 6 w/ forte, Oath, K9, and BMX, PLEASE try to start around 6 if you can, I'm trying to get there ASAP.

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
is the tourney on 2/21 gonna be at the same place and time?

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Is it possible to have these during the day instead of a night tourney then we would have more time for things like friendlies and mm

g-regulate

Smash Hero
the main issue is that the owner doesnt want to close off an entire day of business unless there is large turnout. in other words, if 32 people come to the tourney, he can do other things until 4-5pm and still run the tournament. if there was enough hype and over 50-60 people were expected, he would gladly shut down the whole day for the smash tournament and start at 12pm.

Top Bottom