• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C3 MD/VA brawl tournament thread upcoming 5/23 saturday

SOVAman

Smash Hero
the main issue is that the owner doesnt want to close off an entire day of business unless there is large turnout. in other words, if 32 people come to the tourney, he can do other things until 4-5pm and still run the tournament. if there was enough hype and over 50-60 people were expected, he would gladly shut down the whole day for the smash tournament and start at 12pm.

I understand but I just prefer to get home before 1am that is why I don't really like night tourney also everything is more rushed and I don't have much time to play good friendlies but it looks like you won't be able to much about it so I guess thats how its going to have to be

Can people just come earlier to play friendlies with each other?
no one comes early so I won't be able to play anyone
Yo, lil B, I was there and saw that sick Yoshi of yours. We should do some friendlies sometime. :)
Thanks man

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
yea a day tourney would be awesome.

and for the singles we gotta show up at like 7:30 right?

or are we supposed to just come at 4 and just do friendlies until it starts?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
greg wanna try teaming again for this? Al probably only play metaknight and counterpick with ice climbers in certain match ups.
Lol @ Meep going Metaknight. Your Marth is clearly much better.

meepxzero

Smash Master
im only picking him up cuz everyone takes me to japes/rainbow cruise/brinstar/norfair if i win a match with ice climbers.. its really out of my control and marth does bad in like 3 outta those 4 stages.

Omni

BRoomer
I don't see how Marth does bad on Rainbow, Japes, or Norfair. Brinstar I can understand.

Plus you just said you're using MK for teams.

meepxzero

Smash Master
ask greg how me and him lost to atomsk and inui at cot4 LOL for cruise and every other stage is worse if i have to fight a metaknight or just go with the fact all 4 are bad if i have to fight ametaknight lol.

hova

Smash Champion
u lost because you made mistakes on the stage; it wasn't the character

i kind of dislike MK now

i'm not gonna go to tournies if Cooters keep using MK in tourney

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Meep don't down step to the meatknight!!! Let scrubs like me do that

I think Marth can make do on Japes or Norfair, obviously Brinstar and Cruise are garbage, so ban 1 of them, and then you just win at the neutral and don't lose the next one!!!

Wish it were that easy right??!

meepxzero

Smash Master
hova it was the character if i was mk id have 5 jumps and a forward b to avoid dying the silly way i did. Im only playing mk cuz of the horrible counterpicks in brawl and teams because i literally will get taken there if i win with ice climbers.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Marth does poorly on RC, Japes, and Brinstar. Not so much on Norfair, though.

hova

Smash Champion
hova it was the character if i was mk id have 5 jumps and a forward b to avoid dying the silly way i did. Im only playing mk cuz of the horrible counterpicks in brawl and teams because i literally will get taken there if i win with ice climbers.
in that situation Metaknight's strength would make up for your personal weakness. it's still not the character's weakness that caused you to fail

if you had played better, your marth would have not been in that situation in the first place. and no character choice could have prevented ur second SD over the top of the screen

meepxzero

Smash Master
in that situation Metaknight's strength would make up for your personal weakness. it's still not the character's weakness that caused you to fail

if you had played better, your marth would have not been in that situation in the first place. and no character choice could have prevented ur second SD over the top of the screen
i only stayed up there out of desperation because i lost a stock so fast. I wanted to up b inui to the left to get a free kill off him. I misjudge and all 3 of us died. I wouldnt have put myself in that situation if i didnt get stuck under the stage from the falling platform and you have to understand hova you cant play better if your character isnt designed to play at his best on a crappy stage.

My mediocre metaknight woulda done better than my refined marth this is all im stating. I only play a ******** character because this game is so ******** when people really wanna win money.

hova

Smash Champion
i only stayed up there out of desperation because i lost a stock so fast. I wanted to up b inui to the left to get a free kill off him. I misjudge and all 3 of us died. I wouldnt have put myself in that situation if i didnt get stuck under the stage from the falling platform and you have to understand hova you cant play better if your character isnt designed to play at his best on a crappy stage.

My mediocre metaknight woulda done better than my refined marth this is all im stating. I only play a ******** character because this game is so ******** when people really wanna win money.
how is you standing on a platform too long the character's fault?

even on RC you and greg would have most likely won that match if you had not killed urself twice

hova

Smash Champion
and i'm stating that the death could have been averted with you playing better

using MK should not be a substitute for you playing better

Omni

BRoomer
This game is fun when you play for fun.

This game is bad when you play competitively.

Top Bottom