• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C3 Cyberclub December

hova

Smash Champion
see what ahppens when i try??? dont come to me with that AIM crap xD SON!!!
congrats... i'll be impressed when there's more than 20 people

when did the term 'legit john' come into play? no one ever cares why you lost. you lost, period. anytime you try to explain why you lost you are johning. just suck it up and win next time

no excuses, play like a champion

no johns

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
Lol if worse comes to worse I guess I could use him.

I am liking Wario/G&W though. Heh.

Curious, does anyone besides me and chillendude migrate over to the 2-D section to play SF aswell? Or are most of you strict Brawl players. I just thought it would be interesting to know lol.
dude you dont have to play meta if you dont want to. It's not fun to play him unless you really like the character. there are a number of good characters to choose from. there is such a thing as being bad with metaknight but being better with another character.

I also play SF4 (Ryu) and Tekken 6 (Zafina). Get at me. all of you.

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
Found my mains, if anyone is up for giving me some pointers at C3 that would be much apprieciated.

And glad to see the SF players. I kinda play Tekken I just suck at it.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Best thing you can do is just play a lot wifi, smashfest, friendlies w/e and you will get better by just playing good people

and I am sure we would be glad to give tips

junebug

Smash Journeyman
BMX doesn't play gay enough as a Wario. Kadaj would win if he played the MU like it should be, grab releases included. There is little to realize. Case closed.

Good job everyone who attended the tourney. Junebug, when am I ever going to see top two from you? Come on now.
hey, im happy, this is the first time i made it to winners finals in a decently sized tourney haha.

i might've gotten 2nd but boss was hella clutch 5th game. oh well, one step at a time NOID, this is my first 3rd place. :D

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
Best thing you can do is just play a lot wifi, smashfest, friendlies w/e and you will get better by just playing good people

and I am sure we would be glad to give tips
Yeah I just need to know who I should go to ask for char specific stuff.

And yeah if anyone is up for some wifi matches lemme know. :bee:

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Shoutouts

June: good stuff at getting 3rd

Boss: MM in _____

Kadaj: nice seeing you again you are playing hella pro keep it up and come up more

DON: GGs best DK i have ever played

Cafe: IHOP!

g-reg: good tourney

Tant: GGs AQUA TEEEEEEEEEEN

Sano: GGs close match we need to team sometime

nilik: falcon rofl

candy: good stuff

famous: soooooova baby

jose: fun stuff in friendlies i still hate the diddy MU ugh

P~S: you suck you lost to a TL

everyone else: GGs

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I mean, from what I've seen.. players that come back from breaks usually do better because nobody has played that playstyle in a while and they have a fresh mind coming back into the scene. It works like that for some players, Kadaj may be one of them. I could be wrong though, just throwing it out there.

Old Jokes are old.

Yeah I'm confused at Ben's post as well. @.@
I think he is posting that because of my post. When I said "That means nothing. Kadaj is still good for top 3 even when he is out of the tournament."

Famous

Smash Champion
Nice seeing my MD/VA home boys...I didn't get to play everyone I wanted to....

I didn't have enough money to enter singles...oh well, next time...

Korn, Candy, ESOJ, Boss...<333

Boss, get better at the dam Mario ditto -_-...

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I love MD/VA, are top players are so close in skill level that you don't know who's gonna get top 3 O.O

boss8

Smash Hero
congrats... i'll be impressed when there's more than 20 people

when did the term 'legit john' come into play? no one ever cares why you lost. you lost, period. anytime you try to explain why you lost you are johning. just suck it up and win next time

no excuses, play like a champion

no johns
ight i gotchu mangz....

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
We need to put the clamp down on these johns. Back in the day this would never stand.

We should start up a no johns patrol.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
We basically post all our tournaments in the regional forums for some weird reason (check the MW forums/social chat). I'm guessing that is why you can't find them.
Last seasons Ohio Circuit Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=246510
Check the google maps link, that will show you the rough locations for tournaments in the last 3 months, which were:
OC#1 - Aug 29th: Step Your Game Up Cleveland (Cleveland, OH) - (18 Singles, 10 Teams)
OC#2 - Sept 5th: God Kais Pres - Brawl Bootcamp Lvl 1 (Fairfield, OH) - (51 Singles, 15 Teams)
OC#3 - Sept 12th: Test Your Might VII (Mentor-on-the-Lake, OH) - (50 Singles, 11 Teams)
OC#4 - Sept 19th: Nope's Monthly: "O5" (Springfield, OH) - (31 Singles, 9 Teams)
OC#5 - Oct 3rd: Steve's Apartment Tournament (Parma, OH) - (12 Singles, 5 Teams)
OC#6 - Oct 10th: The God Kais Present Brawl Bootcamp Lvl 2 (Fairfield, OH) - (61 Singles, 19 Teams)
OC#7 - Oct 17th: Season Beatings IV (Columbus, OH) - (40 Singles, 10 Teams)
OC#8 - Oct 24th: NEOH Presents BRAWL! (Parma, OH) - (14 Singles, 5 Teams)
OC#9 - Nov 7th: Nope's Monthly "Lain's Lallapalooza" (Springfield, OH) - (39 Singles, 11 Teams)
OC#10 - Nov 28th-29th: Kuntasm (Parma, OH) - (30 Singles, 9 Teams)
OC#11 - Dec 5th: The Ohio Circuit Championship: Delta Upsilon I (Columbus, OH) - (33 Singles, 12 Teams)

We will probably be dropping the cleveland venues that could only get about <20 people. Otherwise we have a pretty good range of 30-60 people per weekly event.

This is the tentative schedule for Jan-March
Updated Tentative Schedule:
January 16th: No events - Support Pound 4 in MD
January 23rd: Columbus, Event 1 - Venue secured by AZ
January 30th: Springfield, Event 2 - Venue secured by Nope
February 6th: No events - Support Holy House III in IN
February 13th: Cleveland, Event 3 - Venue secured by IThrowThings
February 20th: No events - Support VGbootcamp/Angry Shinobi in IN/IL *I might secure my fraternity for a tournament on this date or maybe I will secure WaB, probably will not be a circuit event but maybe who knows lol*
February 27th: Athens, Event 4 - Venue secured by TheKiest
March 6th: Springfield, Event 5 - Venue secured by Nope
March 13th: Cincinnati, Event 6 - Venue secured by Clowsui
March 20th: Columbus, Event 7 - Venue secured by AlphaZealot

Thread exist for *most* of these tournaments already.

We have tournaments every week or so. The times we don't is because we go OoS to MI/IN/IL/KY.

The Ohio Circuit Money List said:
Combined Singles and Doubles (Total Prize Money Through Eleven Events: $5,890)
1. Mew2King - $1,112.7
2. Lain - $584.60
3. Blue Rogue - $574.05
4. AlphaZealot - $510.30
5. Judge - $457
6. Kel - $449.50
7. Anther - $358.40
8. Infern - $248.50
9. Overswarm - $227.30
10. Y.b.M. - $220.60
11. Pierce - $150.50
12. Argentstew - $135.25
13. Shugo - $104.90
14. Nope - $85.50
15. Smash64 - $85
16. DJiskascribble - $70
17. Capem - $67.90
18. Fonz - $62
19. Lou - $52.10
20. Byaa! - $47.50
21. Ithrowthings - $45
22. KB - $44.70
23. Suyon - $37
24. Quivo - $34.50
25. SFG - $22
26. King - $18.50
27. BBoy - $14.50
28. Sliq - $10.40
29. Beegs - $5
30. Xtc - $4.50
31. Bead - $4.50
There is also plenty at stake in Ohio! It would be great if MD/VA would come out to an event here and there.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
In other news. Pound 4 is only up to 89 people signed up for brawl. People need to sign up pronto. 4 days left >_>

Final Fantasy XIV

Banned via Warnings
Lack of any decent MKs (besides Sano of course, but he's still a bit green) make me not take these results seriously.

Also chu, the motha ****in C3 guru wasn't there to **** ya'll.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
How does a Mario/Luigi get through Olimar and Marth? And Lucario?

That's great for Boss and Kadaj. I was surprised with Meep/Zealot/Logic placings but such is life

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Kadaj was a monster. I lost to 1st/4th place in two MU's that are both not really in favor of Diddy. Tough bracket. Next time I will do better. I think this is my worst placing at an MD/VA event in...over a year.

D0N

Smash Ace
I had fun. I lost to meeps IC and his cold hands 1-2 in a close set then kadaj's Mk 0-2 who i play all the time... this made me place lower than a CF... :/

Meep: Exuses are exuses but i know how you feel. i hate being cold too so... maybe next time we'll have heat? or you could wear IC mittens lol. I'll tough it out somehow like DK would. ggs

lil b: ggs, its always nice to see someone put time into a character like yoshi and see skill. Mk is Mk though lol.

Night: Hope to play you again sometime with your new DK knowledge ;)

AlphaZ: fun friendlies, thanks for playing and being friendly. If you ever get to see ripple or ook again tell them i said hi and how we got bracket *****.

June bug: Remember, 2 pancakes = 1 stock ;) jk. Hope we actually play next time.

ESOJ: Thanks for being a great host and the D3 matches. Always a pleasure to see you.

Candy: As with your bro, always a pleasure.

Poyo: hope you had fun with our MM. You didn't seem as bad as your rep says

Everyone else: hope you had fun.

Famous

Smash Champion
Yea, Marth and MK...He was Marth 99% of the time though...

Haha DON, double MK is ghey...Don't worry though, next time I'll be upB'ing everything in sight so watch out =D

Rofl, someone spot my singles next time...I'll pay you pack...eventually. I'm good for it

D0N

Smash Ace
Yea we'll do better next time famous :).

Kadaj went MK against me both matches and and in 2 matches against boss as far as I know. His MK knows the DK matchup pretty well. Not that its so hard to figure out anyway lol. either way I really didnt want to play him and would have just threw the match if I was winning since we both came from SOVA and I consider him the better player.

He lost with MK once to Boss' luigi on yoshis and won once against his luigi on brinstar

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
I had fun. I lost to meeps IC and his cold hands 1-2 in a close set then kadaj's Mk 0-2 who i play all the time... this made me place lower than a CF... :/

Meep: Exuses are exuses but i know how you feel. i hate being cold too so... maybe next time we'll have heat? or you could wear IC mittens lol. I'll tough it out somehow like DK would. ggs

lil b: ggs, its always nice to see someone put time into a character like yoshi and see skill. Mk is Mk though lol.

Night: Hope to play you again sometime with your new DK knowledge ;)

AlphaZ: fun friendlies, thanks for playing and being friendly. If you ever get to see ripple or ook again tell them i said hi and how we got bracket *****.

June bug: Remember, 2 pancakes = 1 stock ;) jk. Hope we actually play next time.

ESOJ: Thanks for being a great host and the D3 matches. Always a pleasure to see you.

Candy: As with your bro, always a pleasure.

Poyo: hope you had fun with our MM. You didn't seem as bad as your rep says

Everyone else: hope you had fun.
I'm glad you didn't go DK, I hate DK sooooooooooooo much xD

Top Bottom