• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C3 - Ashburn, VA - Nov 22, 08 - ECRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
whoa....odd stages @_@

No Frigate but Yes Norfair?
P..P.....PIRATE SHIP???

Not debating...simply flabbergasted...

Anyway. To those who offered to team, thanks, but I don't know(/know of) you guys very well and considering the price/distance/gravity of this tourney, I'll probably stick with someone I know or have seen play/place high(enough)...decided today I might just end up teaming with Kadaj for this

M15t3R E

Smash Master
@ Kadaj, you can send fear over anytime to get *****, it's not like things have changed with a different game

@ Mister E, please quit advertising my place and my transportation as your own. It is pretty aggravating to see the last 80 pages or so populated with you posting about things.

@Everyone else, counterpick list is up.
Well it was mainly an invite for those traveling north...
I will be driving too, ya know. But okay, I'll stop. :(

ChuDat

Smash Master
Personally I think frigate should be back on, so I agree with toasty and Jceasar. Pictochat? wtf? LOLZ. Ok ok. I hope no one counter picks this ****ty stage. I think it should be banned becuz of all the randomtivity. Poke stadium I agree is a good stage for at least counterpick.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Personally I think frigate should be back on, so I agree with toasty and Jceasar. Pictochat? wtf? LOLZ. Ok ok. I hope no one counter picks this ****ty stage. I think it should be banned becuz of all the randomtivity. Poke stadium I agree is a good stage for at least counterpick.
Pictochat...must...die...

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
The only random thing about Pictochat is determining what drawing is going to appear. They always appear at the same time and last for the same duration and do the same things. Not to mention you can not get the same drawing more than once.

Pokemon Stadium is, by definition, more random.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
The only random thing about Pictochat is determining what drawing is going to appear. They always appear at the same time and last for the same duration and do the same things. Not to mention you can not get the same drawing more than once.

Pokemon Stadium is, by definition, more random.
Pictochat's randomness obstructs your gameplay more than Pokemon Stadium's arbitrary stage shifts.
Doesn't it?

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Gameplay, like chasing after your opponent, "comboing", using projectiles, etc.

Also note that some of Pictochat's drawings can kill.
I think the SBR needs to take a second look at Pictochat.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Gameplay, like chasing after your opponent, "comboing", using projectiles, etc.

Also note that some of Pictochat's drawings can kill.
I think the SBR needs to take a second look at Pictochat.

SBR took an in-depth look at Pictochat.

The Plant and Mine Cart won't kill you until ridiculously high percents.

The Spikes can that come up out of the floor seems to be everyone's biggest complaint, but with proper DI they won't kill till 130% ~

Bullet, Fireflower, and side spikes don't kill unless you DI them really badly.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
so...anyone want to team with me? i at least made the florida PR, so i dont COMPLETELY suck :laugh:

preferrably snake/d3/mk/rob/wario , but if you dont play those thats ok too

M15t3R E

Smash Master
SBR took an in-depth look at Pictochat.

The Plant and Mine Cart won't kill you until ridiculously high percents.

The Spikes can that come up out of the floor seems to be everyone's biggest complaint, but with proper DI they won't kill till 130% ~

Bullet, Fireflower, and side spikes don't kill unless you DI them really badly.
My main point is that it makes it difficult sometimes to follow up on opponents when you're on the offensive.
I don't hate the stage, though. It can still be pretty fun.
We should play a bit on Pictochat today. :p
Well, I gotta go now.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
I got a USB mic today for commentary that should be pretty tight. Hopefully it works with my software while capturing video...I'll have to test that tonight...

Did someone say Xyro and Sethlon are coming to this? I might have read something in a different thread, not sure...

Anyone experienced/knowledgeable/known can/should commentate...if anything, briefly stop by the recording station to give whatever input you can, maybe between matches? Already got a couple...or is it just one? Slikvik is all I remember...

Again, I'd reallllly love for anyone who isn't a frequent visitor to the area to get on the mic and talk about the scene here [er...there? I'm not quite in "VA/MD"] and the tourney itself.

johns.
crowd noise.
talking ****.

It's going to happen.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
If the roads are bad my friend doesn't want to drive to this. :( Hopefully the roads are good.
You better make it so we can MM.
I got a USB mic today for commentary that should be pretty tight. Hopefully it works with my software while capturing video...I'll have to test that tonight...

Did someone say Xyro and Sethlon are coming to this? I might have read something in a different thread, not sure...

Anyone experienced/knowledgeable/known can/should commentate...if anything, briefly stop by the recording station to give whatever input you can, maybe between matches? Already got a couple...or is it just one? Slikvik is all I remember...

Again, I'd reallllly love for anyone who isn't a frequent visitor to the area to get on the mic and talk about the scene here [er...there? I'm not quite in "VA/MD"] and the tourney itself.

johns.
crowd noise.
talking ****.

It's going to happen.
Yes, Xyro and Sethlon are confirmed to be there.
As for the commentary, whoever came up with the idea to include it in this tourney deserves an internet cookie.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
good stuff tope, that stage list looks good. although i think you should add stadium 1, its up to you. no one likes norfair and pirate ship but theres really nothing anyone can do thats cheap, with the exception of camp which can be done on any stage. hooray for pictochat being on!! its like FD and stadium 1 combined, what an awesome stage.

seibrik i should be there early. practice? man, we talkin bout practice. not a game, NOT a game..... but practice?

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
calling out all smashers

WING CHALLENGE?!?!?!!?
i will bet ANY smasher $20 that they cannot eat 3 flatline wings from the buffalo wing factory in under 20 mins
you can have as much water in those 20 mins
you must wait a minute after you finish a wing b4 you can start on the next wing

any takers?? hehe

xRisingForce

Smash Cadet
calling out all smashers

WING CHALLENGE?!?!?!!?
i will bet ANY smasher $20 that they cannot eat 3 flatline wings from the buffalo wing factory in under 20 mins
you must wait a minute after you finish a wing b4 you can start on the next wing

any takers?? hehe
hahaha that's what's up; the wing place next to shoppers right?

some *** ate 40

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I like pictochat but theres a certain glitch some ppl would use so it should be banned. Some of u may kno what im talking about. The closest thing to neutral is PS`1 and Lylat. Just put those on. No Norfair.....effin campers. Frigate on. Castle on.

How u put pictochat and not PS1? doesnt make sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcojcb7ZMxc answer here

Chaos0419

Smash Apprentice
calling out all smashers

WING CHALLENGE?!?!?!!?

any takers?? hehe
I ate two wings last time and I'm thinking I'll take you up on that challenge again. I'll let you know.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
good stuff tope, that stage list looks good. although i think you should add stadium 1, its up to you. no one likes norfair and pirate ship but theres really nothing anyone can do thats cheap, with the exception of camp which can be done on any stage. hooray for pictochat being on!! its like FD and stadium 1 combined, what an awesome stage.
Camping on Norfair isn't that bad really, the lava forces them to stop every minute or so and you can edgeguard them into a lava wall. Water-camping on Pirate Ship is much worse imo. The tornado forces them to stop but they can just ledgecamp while the ship is in the air.

I don't see any problem with Pictochat. I mean, who would even counterpick it? I guess it might help DDD a bit with the temporary walls, but he's got much better CPs. Poke Stadium 1 has the same types of problems and encourages camping even more and a stupid ledge, but I still don't think it's ban-worthy.

But I could care less. Heck I wouldn't even mind if Green Hill Zone was on :laugh:

Looking forward to this!

xRisingForce

Smash Cadet
+1 attendee

Going to be the best first tournament ever.

I want to play Melee but I'm afraid I'm so bad nobody will play me in that even to take my money, lol

You can take my 4 dollars.
we can play each other, haha

hopefully this'll be my first tournament.. provided i can get off work :\

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
ummm

i wish i was going

i know how to win every match on pictochat guaranteed

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom