• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

Windrose

Smash Lord
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY BDAY JOHNNY!!!

somebody pull out that picture where johnny has a birthday cake on his head!!

Windrose

Smash Lord
Has anyone noticed a drastic change in johnny's falcon movement in the NYTE tournament videos from arizona? He's probably been like that for a while now but it's the only recent videos i've seen of him.

The movement!!!! Mcdonalds man, i'm lovin it

EDIT:

-johnny, can you plz give some IC advice? :(

I keep losing to ice climbers. I can't SDI out of the chain grab if the ice climbers player puts in a few random jabs between each down throw to mess with my timing.

-Also, good ice climbers seem to be very campy and have a very good keep out game making falcon hard to like get in.

-What are like key things to avoid in this matchup that leads to getting grabbed? (I know up tilt, jab, blizzard, baited with nana...what else?)

D

Deleted member

windrose that was on my 'new' bad controller

my old controller started working again and i am already playing close to my old self

BUT i did learn a lot of stuff while using the slow/ stiff controller so it was like GOKU WEARING REALLY ****ING HEAVY CLOTHES

my old one that stopped being broken though won't last a while, so i bought another controller hope this one is really good

==

what i do vs grabs is I mash like crazy (which was the original reason why my controller BROKE! ) vs icies and at the last second SDI really hard one direction (although u can just do up and inside if u don't want to **** ur controller)

even if you don't break out of the mash, it's good to mash anyways because most ICs will pray that you are DI-ing horribly due to mashing, but after they hit me quick my DI is phenomenal

wobbling is not broken if u mash really fast like ur gunna die cuz you can broke out before they start the wobble

it is kind of tricky to get in, but once u get past his initial defenses and start aerialing his shields his inner defense is god awful, my style is completely compatible with facing icies because I am constantly in your face, pretty relentless pressure

as for what leads to grabs, i'd say every move lol, icies rely on dumb gimmicks to get their grab in because they kinda have to, ICIES grab range is piss poor

falcon vs icies is 70-30 if you play it really well, extremely hard matchup for icies if the falcon knows what he is doing, but most falcons don't because no one really plays icies

i honestly think falcon is the best at ****** mid tiers (even maybe shiek), top tiers have the kit to deal with falcons speed, bad characters don't got ****

Twinkles

Smash Lord
hey, when you guys mash, do you try to press as many buttons at once as you possibly can or do you focus on one (or only a few) buttons to mash as quickly as you can?

Mahone

Smash Champion
hey, when you guys mash, do you try to press as many buttons at once as you possibly can or do you focus on one (or only a few) buttons to mash as quickly as you can?
damn thats a good question dude
except if u hit only one a bunch
you will get much less overall
so imo u should hit a bunch

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
except if u hit a bunch at the same frame
it only counts one
so imo u should just hit one a lot

Windrose

Smash Lord
Hmm, I see. I just gotta get in on that SDI reaction timing I guess... and mash like crazy...

Any particular neutral game strategies? Some say abuse top platform a lot and make the ice climbers come up to get you and it splits up IC sometimes?

Also, do you have any tips on edge guarding? I notice you always try to dair ICs if they recover with side-b.

Is there anything one can do to practice/prepare for vs ice climbers solo? I only face ice climbers in tournament nowadays and it's kinda hard

===========

Also.....

except if u hit only one a bunch
you will get much less overall
so imo u should hit a bunch
except if u hit a bunch at the same frame
it only counts one
so imo u should just hit one a lot

WTF????????????????????????????????

which one is real??!?

D

Deleted member

right hand tries to cover/drum as many buttons as possible while using index for R trigger

left hand is L trigger while spinning controller in every direction

of course like i said earlier make sure you pay attention to when he hits you so you can DI

i think moving C-stick too probably helps also

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
Hmm, I see. I just gotta get in on that SDI reaction timing I guess... and mash like crazy...

Any particular neutral game strategies? Some say abuse top platform a lot and make the ice climbers come up to get you and it splits up IC sometimes?

Also, do you have any tips on edge guarding? I notice you always try to dair ICs if they recover with side-b.

Is there anything one can do to practice/prepare for vs ice climbers solo? I only face ice climbers in tournament nowadays and it's kinda hard
Going to post some stuff me and Mahone discussed on the match up:

[COLLAPSE="El skype chat, me gusta"][15:16:22] Mahone: rocky?
[15:16:29] Nick R: yee
[15:16:41] Mahone: hey, are u good vs ICs?
[15:16:51] Nick R: On a european level probably
[15:16:54] Mahone: i decided next time i play chudat i would try falcon
[15:16:58] Nick R: although europe is pretty weak vs icies
[15:17:03] Mahone: and i wanted to know what i should practice or any tips
[15:17:03] Nick R: I see
[15:17:09] Nick R: hmm
[15:18:14] Nick R: i'd say stay just outside his wavedash dsmash/grab or dash attack range, then space knees, uairs and nairs on his shield as a basic game plan
[15:18:38] Mahone: ya thast what i was thinking
[15:18:45] Mahone: do u know how ot get out of the chaingrab?
[15:18:56] Mahone: it seems like sdi up and away and jump?
[15:19:03] Nick R: yeah generally
[15:19:15] Nick R: i'm pretty sure they can mix it up though
[15:19:18] Mahone: like the one where they dair u and u keep switching sides
[15:19:41] Nick R: I dunno
[15:19:58] Nick R: I would usually react/read how the dair sends me and then smash di away
[15:20:10] Nick R: up and away + jump seems solid too
[15:21:21] Nick R: if you need videos to watch i definitely recommend ss vs wobbles from genesis 2
[15:21:36] Nick R: even though jeff loses 1-3 lol
[15:22:23] Mahone: aiight sounds good
[15:24:03] Nick R: also when you send both of them up with a stomp or side b, or if you send them slightly away in opposite directions, dsmash is really good
[15:24:14] Mahone: oh ya
[15:24:16] Mahone: thast true
[15:24:24] Mahone: then i could just go quickly kill nana
[15:24:39] Nick R: even if it doesn't combo nana usually gets hit by it and popo can't do too much if he shields anyway
[15:25:31] Nick R: that's all i got i think
[15:26:02] Mahone: ya thats fine
[15:26:06] Nick R: baiting them with full jumps/double jumps is good as well but watch the uair/utilt
[15:26:08] Mahone: im not too serious about winning
[15:26:12] Mahone: i just enjoy that matchup
[15:26:22] Nick R: aight :p
[15:26:33] Mahone: ya i really like just using platforms
[15:26:35] Mahone: then running off
[15:26:38] Mahone: and bairing them
[15:26:40] Mahone: seems good
[15:26:55] Nick R: yup
[15:27:11] Nick R: i think it's one of the simplest match ups[/COLLAPSE]

I'd also appreciate input from other people because I am wack

by the way multiple buttons is the way to go when mashing, we were just trolling lol

D

Deleted member

all i do is spam moves in Icies face without getting hit like a tard and just keep spamming moves till u **** them

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
Just had someone on another forum tell me Melee is not a fighting game. I need a really well thought out and grammatically correct response well beyond that of my current fighting game knowledge.

Animal

Smash Lord
I apologize in advance for not reading through this completely, but I didn't see it mentioned here. I feel like an unspoken technique with falcon (and a lot of characters) is using the shield to pivot, stop momentum and intercept approaches, and as a way to pinpoint your spacing. I noticed it originally from s2j and hax and have incorporated it into my game as a fox main, but I find it extremely useful for falcon. Perhaps someone of better expertise can go in more depth about it, but I was wondering how many other falcons do it

Rockenos

Smash Apprentice
I apologize in advance for not reading through this completely, but I didn't see it mentioned here. I feel like an unspoken technique with falcon (and a lot of characters) is using the shield to pivot, stop momentum and intercept approaches, and as a way to pinpoint your spacing. I noticed it originally from s2j and hax and have incorporated it into my game as a fox main, but I find it extremely useful for falcon. Perhaps someone of better expertise can go in more depth about it, but I was wondering how many other falcons do it
Wait, what? Video link?

D

Deleted member

OLD AS dont censor dodge >:[

i just shield early in a dash dance pretty decent for quick re adjusting/ shielding

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Shield stopping is pretty good but a most of the time you can just run around
It's pretty sweet for baiting reactions for techchases you're slow getting to because the shield animation usually tricks them into doing something dumb

Also shield stop laser / turnaround shield stop laser is pretty cool for Falco haha

0Room

Smash Lord
Yo guys
I played Melee this weekend and dropzone-knee'd a falco

Made me realize

I kinda miss Melee

talk me out of this

D

Deleted member

started using controller #3 straight out of box

alternates being like my old one where I can go really fast

or like my 2nd one where its extremely stiff

gunna just bring all my controllers to every tourney and see which ones working best

S l o X

Smash Champion
I started using shield as a "ghetto pivot" when $mike told me it was good vs Marth. It's pretty cool. I also kind of picked it up from watching Mango's falcon a lot.

Hax

Smash Champion
shield stopping was good back when i was a scrub and couldn't pivot well. now i'd say it's really only for fair-happy marths since you can take the shieldstun and nair them out of it

D

Deleted member

i like it vs fox/falco but its not as effective once they adjust to it

taylosun

Smash Cadet
If they use d tilt you can stomp oos, other than that you should probably just roll or wavedash.

Top Bottom