• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Burn With Passion!! -- Incineroar General Discussion (Formerly the Support Thread)

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I would have been perfectly happy with either, but the more I see Incineroar the more I realize he really was meant to be in Smash.
Yeah, Same Here...
Any other Gen 7 Pokemon wouldn't have been as fun
I bet Incineroar and K. Rool would be great friends. They seem like such a natural pairing, you know? They're both antagonistic, they love to show off in the ring in front of the audience, and they have loved ones (in Incineroar's case, he loves children, while K. Rool has a wife).
View attachment 175894
Sakuari's got you covered...
incineroar k rool.png

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I bet Incineroar and K. Rool would be great friends. They seem like such a natural pairing, you know? They're both antagonistic, they love to show off in the ring in front of the audience, and they have loved ones (in Incineroar's case, he loves children, while K. Rool has a wife).
Out of the ring, best buds.

In the ring, bitter rivals.

:p

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
View attachment 175894
Why do I feel that I'm gonna disband King K Rool and King Dedede as a tag team just to make this? lmao

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Haven't used SB in ages, but Incin's easily one of the hypest newcomers imo, even moreso since I wasn't expecting the dude.

Gonna play him just so I can scream at dudes while I revenge bthrow kill at 40 and both me and the character pop off in sync

Also original the content donut steel

Last edited:

Dε√ilj∦o

Smash Journeyman
Oh hell yeah. I'm dropping my artwork of my most wanted and best cat as well!

(quality is eh because the original file is massive but i hope you like it and if y'all wanna see more my instagram is on my profile -w-)

Last edited:

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Oh snap freakin' amazing work dude!

Additionally the image in mine can be clicked to be taken straight to the post.

Last edited:

Dε√ilj∦o

Smash Journeyman
Guys... I only just noticed.

In the trailer, while Incineroar is running and jumps into the ring, he's actually wearing a bathrobe. It then gets completely burned during his splash screen.

That's why visualising his shapes and knowing exactly it was him was kinda weird.

God. That's so amazing. I wish had that as a costume.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I can't get enough of this guy, he's the best! I had to draw him again.
Cinerawr.png

Who would win.png

(I have nothing against those Pokemon or their fanbases, I just wanted to meme.)

D

Deleted member

Guys... I only just noticed.

In the trailer, while Incineroar is running and jumps into the ring, he's actually wearing a bathrobe. It then gets completely burned during his splash screen.

That's why visualising his shapes and knowing exactly it was him was kinda weird.

God. That's so amazing. I wish had that as a costume.
Not bathrobe.
A wrestler's cloak.

Pakky

Smash Hero
The boy carries my competitive team right now. Not good in singles? PFFFFT. Yeah right, knock off just works. and Assault Vest makes him untouchable.

Last edited:

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 175894
Both of them even have wrestling moves as wel-Wait what!? K. Rool is married?! When did this part of DK lore happen?!

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
I haven't seen the most important question asked yet. Is Incineroar's "crowd cheer" just boos? Cause it really really should be.
I got this from his Smash TV Tropes character page so it might not be 100% correct but here it is:

Its style utilizes puroresu, the Japanese take of the American-based professional wrestling (similar to characters like R. Mika). One thing that defines this is despite its heel status, it is still cheered by the audience, as heels in puroresu operate in a slightly different way.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Here is a pic that I found rather funny I don't know what pose they are referencing but it makes me think of Sailor Moon.

I'm curious who Bomberman is thinking about, and it bugs me that I don't know.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
It's a Jojo reference. It's making a point that the characters revealed resemble Jojo characters related to each other. Ken is Kira (a blonde man), Piranha Plant is Stray Cat (a sentient flower), and Incineroar is Killer Queen (a humanoid cat-like thing). The character Bomberman is thinking of is a character that I'm assuming resembles Killer Queen, and the pose they're doing is also Killer Queen's.

This post is brought you by a person who absolutely never read or watched Jojo's but still somehow immediately got the picture.

Last edited:

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
I'm curious who Bomberman is thinking about, and it bugs me that I don't know.
It's specifically a reference to this pose done by Killer Queen from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Main reason Bomberman is scared is because Killer Queen isn't exactly the nicest guy around. Primarily because he has a habit of blowing people up with his ability to turn anything into a bomb.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
It's a Jojo reference. It's making a point that the characters revealed resemble Jojo characters related to each other. Ken is Kira (a blonde man), Piranha Plant is Stray Cat (a sentient flower), and Incineroar is Killer Queen (a humanoid cat-like thing). The character Bomberman is thinking of is a character that I'm assuming resembles Killer Queen, and the pose they're doing is also Killer Queen's.

This post is brought you by a person who absolutely never read or watched Jojo's but still somehow immediately got the picture.
...I have both read and watched JoJo and I completely missed that whole reference. I knew it was a Killer Queen pose (THE KQ pose) but I totally missed the joke with Kira = Ken and Piranha Plant = Stray Cat. Damn.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
aaaa I completely forgot about Killer Queen's ability. I was so confused about Bomberman there that I just immediately thought he's probably thinking of some character in his series that I'm absolutely not familiar with that just looks like Killer Queen, and not it straight up just being Killer Queen lol.

On another note my brother is a huge Jojo's fan and Incineroar is his favourite Pokemon so I should show him that picture.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

It's specifically a reference to this pose done by Killer Queen from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Main reason Bomberman is scared is because Killer Queen isn't exactly the nicest guy around. Primarily because he has a habit of blowing people up with his ability to turn anything into a bomb.

...I have both read and watched JoJo and I completely missed that whole reference. I knew it was a Killer Queen pose (THE KQ pose) but I totally missed the joke with Kira = Ken and Piranha Plant = Stray Cat. Damn.
aaaa I completely forgot about Killer Queen's ability. I was so confused about Bomberman there that I just immediately thought he's probably thinking of some character in his series that I'm absolutely not familiar with that just looks like Killer Queen, and not it straight up just being Killer Queen lol.

On another note my brother is a huge Jojo's fan and Incineroar is his favourite Pokemon so I should show him that picture.
Wow, I totally missed that, doh. I thought Bomberman was thinking of someone from his own series, but, yeah, Killer Queen's primary ability is causing things to explode; it would make sense for Bomberman to regard Kira as a rival if the two met.

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
Looking forward to Incineroar. I honestly like Incineroar and Decidueye equally, but I think Incineroar's moves look amazing. So glad I picked Litten when I picked up Ultra Sun last year.

On another note, my youngest cat, Daisy, is also a fan of Incineroar, as she watched some of Incineroar's part in the direct with me when I was re-watching.

Dε√ilj∦o

Smash Journeyman

This is why he's the BEST.
Man I don't know why but I love the motion he makes after using that move. I'm psyched that Incineroar ended up being the most animated and alive character out of almost all the characters in Ultimate. I can't believe how much detail went into him.

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
Does Incineroar have a mic taunt, similar to R. Mika in SFV? Cause that would be dope, even if he can only speak Incineroar.

Top Bottom