• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Burn With Passion!! -- Incineroar General Discussion (Formerly the Support Thread)

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Guys, are you hyped with it's moves? or do you want an least one change to them?

Dε√ilj∦o

Smash Journeyman
I'm fine with all of Incineroar's moves. I only wish Cross Chop would travel a little more vertical distance. Otherwise, it's gonna suck to recover.
As Beefy Smash Doods have pointed out, a tactic would be to use it before using your double jump, but we have yet to be sure if Incineroar goes into free fall after using it in the air or not.

Last edited:

CrocoLoco

Smash Rookie
NNID
CrocoLoco
I'm kinda dissapointed that there has been no really good footage of Incineroar's gameplay. I know he's a new char, but those replays are mostly guys whom don't even know how to move properly.
Also, how do i upload pictures here?

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles
Mew2King's early analysis of our favorite Pokemon:

Basically he believes he has good potential in singles because of his impressive strength and overall good frame data (being held back by his poor speed and recovery) but could truly shine in doubles thanks to Revenge.

Seeing M2K playing the Heel in competitive Doubles would be a dream come true.

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
A frame 3-4 counter is so damn good, imo.

It basically almost nullifies one of the biggest weaknesses of a heavyweight; being combo food.
Exactly, which means that unless his opponent is frame perfect on their combos, Incineroar can bust free and swiftly take his revenge (pun intended).

Our boy is looking better each passing day, and only a month to go!

Last edited:

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I'm fine with all of Incineroar's moves. I only wish Cross Chop would travel a little more vertical distance. Otherwise, it's gonna suck to recover.
As Beefy Smash Doods have pointed out, a tactic would be to use it before using your double jump, but we have yet to be sure if Incineroar goes into free fall after using it in the air or not.
We've seen AD out of it so it seems more likely then I would of originally thought.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Mew2King's early analysis of our favorite Pokemon:

Basically he believes he has good potential in singles because of his impressive strength and overall good frame data (being held back by his poor speed and recovery) but could truly shine in doubles thanks to Revenge.

Seeing M2K playing the Heel in competitive Doubles would be a dream come true.
It's very satisfying knowing the character that is dominating 2v2 Pokemon battles will shine in 2v2 Smash battles.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I have a prediction on Gen 8 for your tiger boy.

I think and you can quote me either way but, in Gen 8 or possibly the 'Let's Go' games, but I'm really banking on Gen 8, that Inceniroar will get something like Greninja did with its Battle Bond ability. Perhaps our tiger will obtain a Champion State , Title Defender, or some kind of super state that like Battle Bond is factually stronger stat-wise than a mega evolution.

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990

I think and you can quote me either way but, in Gen 8 or possibly the 'Let's Go' games, but I'm really banking on Gen 8, that Inceniroar will get something like Greninja did with its Battle Bond ability. Perhaps out tiger will obtain a Champion State , Title Defender, or some kind of super state that like Battle Bond is factually stronger stat-wise than a mega evolution.
I doubt it. Gen 7 isn't big on the whole transformation thing and he already has his Z-move.

Fane

Smash Journeyman

I think and you can quote me either way but, in Gen 8 or possibly the 'Let's Go' games, but I'm really banking on Gen 8, that Inceniroar will get something like Greninja did with its Battle Bond ability. Perhaps out tiger will obtain a Champion State , Title Defender, or some kind of super state that like Battle Bond is factually stronger stat-wise than a mega evolution.
Let's Go will only feature the original 151 + Meltan/Melmetal, so Incineroar will be absent there.

Also, doubtful. X/Y in general was pretty incomplete and lacking, so they shoved a few things in Sun/Moon that should've been present in the Gen 6 games. Such as Zygarde's forms and more likely than not, Ash-Greninja.

S/M and US/UM were beyond complete and had a lot of content, I'm pretty sure they achieved what they meant to with the games and an Ash-Greninja-esque form for Incineroar is probably unlikely.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Let's Go will only feature the original 151 + Meltan/Melmetal, so Incineroar will be absent there.

Also, doubtful. X/Y in general was pretty incomplete and lacking, so they shoved a few things in Sun/Moon that should've been present in the Gen 6 games. Such as Zygarde's forms and more likely than not, Ash-Greninja.

S/M and US/UM were beyond complete and had a lot of content, I'm pretty sure they achieved what they meant to with the games and an Ash-Greninja-esque form for Incineroar is probably unlikely.
That’s why I was leaning towards gen 8

And was just spitballing on the Let’s Go games 8

I doubt it. Gen 7 isn't big on the whole transformation thing and he already has his Z-move.
That’s why I mentioned gen 8

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
An Ash-Greninja-esque form of Incineroar will only happen if it happens in the anime.
Well of course and by the way things are going he'll get an inceniroar with a special transformation ability before the season's end, and or use a transformation as a excuse to extend the season before gen 8 hits.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Well of course and by the way things are going he'll get an inceniroar with a special transformation ability before the season's end, and or use a transformation as a excuse to extend the season before gen 8 hits.
I'm thinking a form like that will happen solely so we could tell which Incineroar is Ash's and which one is Masked Royale's in an Incineroar mirror match.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Question on it's counter; any thoughts on it? I love it ???
It's no secret that I HATE the over abundance of Down Special counters. However, this one brings something new to that hasn't been done before, and I LOVE new never-before-done gimmicks that makes characters stand out, so it gets a pass in my book.

It should be interesting to see how it's utilized in the hands of a more skilled player.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Unless they nerfed hitstun more than I realize or it's extremely laggy Revenge should be really really rough on Fast Fallers.

Last edited:

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Something that just dawned on me......

Our Heel has some of the same qualities that Smash 4 Ganondorf had: sluggish speed, poor recovery but access to overwhelming strength, a reliance on grab (particularly side special), general underratedness, a Dair that spikes by a stomp to the face........

Incineroar is Ultimate's next King of Disrespect.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Something that just dawned on me......

Our Heel has some of the same qualities that Smash 4 Ganondorf had: sluggish speed, poor recovery but access to overwhelming strength, a reliance on grab (particularly side special), general underratedness, a Dair that spikes by a stomp to the face........

Incineroar is Ultimate's next King of Disrespect.
Smash 4 Ganon's grab is too awful to be relied on, and only has OK reward. Flame Choke was nice, but hardly central to his gameplan which was (and still is) more about properly spacing and reading with his slow but good-reaching and powerful normals. Incineroar, on the other hand, actually has great frame data on most moves and a very useful grab with powerful throws. He is not easy to out-button and wants to be as close as possible, while Ganondorf tries to keep his opponents just out of arm's reach.

D

Deleted member

Incineroar looking better and better can 't wait too see what's next.

Should be great!

D

Deleted member

Saw ZeRo's moveset analysis.

Thinks that he has good grab game, and side b is effective.

But overall not a good character.

Still though don't let it discourage you will stil be fun to use.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
Saw ZeRo's moveset analysis.

Thinks that he has good grab game, and side b is effective.

But overall not a good character.

Still though don't let it discourage you will stil be fun to use.
As a guy planning on Seconding or even Maining Chrom, join the club dudes, we got cookies.

I wouldn't get too worked up over it though. Although pro opinions shouldn't be immediately dismissed, theoretical Tier lists are almost always absurdly flawed because of lack of real hard tournie data. Until we have at least a good five or six months of solid data to rely on everything could easily change on a dime because we don't have any real knowledge of how the variety of MUs are gonna play out.

Anyone remember the time that everyone thought Bayonetta was gonna suck after her nerfs and she still kept being top tier anyways? Or how Jigglypuff used to not ping any radars on the Melee scene and now Hungrybox is a living terror with her? Theoretical almost always goes out the door once real data comes in and the real meta evolves.

And even if he does suck, so what? Do tier lists actually affect your overall enjoyment of a character? Shulk wasn't great for Smash 4 but it doesn't erase how much fun I've had playing him.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Pre-release analysis are fun for speculative reasons, but don't take them as gospel, especially if they're attempting to call how good the character is.

So many important factors we don't know about to say, nevermind the fact the meta isn't a thing yet.

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I'm not a competitive player, so tiets mean Jack to me. I just enjoy hearing about Incineroar no matter how good it will play.

Gameguy1996

Smash Apprentice
I mostly just play Smash for fun so I don't care how bad a character is along as there fun to play as.

D

Deleted member

Same here dosen't change much for me.

Incineroar will still be fun to use.

Flik

Smash Journeyman
I've been playing with Link since the first game and Ike since his debut, bad recovery is tuesday to me :joyful:

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Here's my thoughts' If I were to use a good' character, it'll just be Pikachu. I have NO idea if Ices got buffed along with their grabs being nerfed. but I don't care. I love them so much and I really don't give an *** if they're now bad. Pro players should PLAY the game first before the list.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I'm not one to brag but I can instantly see my self as one of the better Incineroar users. His recovery/cross chop can be used as a powerful advantage. Its a clear balance mechanic for Incineroar that, he doesn't have a recovery. His Forward A is very useful and his buff after counter is barely escapable.

I wasn't joking when I said Incineroar is the Shao Kahn of Smash.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I'm not one to brag but I can instantly see my self as one of the better Incineroar users. His recovery/cross chop can be used as a powerful advantage. Its a clear balance mechanic for Incineroar that, he doesn't have a recovery. His Forward A is very useful and his buff after counter is barely escapable.

I wasn't joking when I said Incineroar is the Shao Kahn of Smash.
It's a somewhat general rule that the worse a recovery move is, the better it is as an offensive tool. At least that's what they seem to be trying to go for in Ultimate. Notable examples being Little Mac's frame-1 invincible Rising Uppercut (on the ground), Ganondorf's hugely buffed Dark Dive that will be super scary near platforms and Ridley's being slow and cumbersome, but hitting like a truck.

Top Bottom