• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Buff wishlist!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'd like Charizard's down throw to combo again.

And maybe have Fly kill earlier.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Let Captain Falcon do his Smash 4 ****. He wasn't even that good why'd you they cap his knees?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Let Captain Falcon do his Smash 4 ****. He wasn't even that good why'd you they cap his knees?
I dont even think Falcon is that bad in this game.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
I'm not familliar with this thread so i might just repeat what a lot of people already said but... Buff mah boi Kirby, plz ;c

Last edited:

MattVRox0525

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4184-7454-9388
Switch FC
SW-5339-1787-8388
You know who should be buffed and nerfed?
:ultpichu: should be buffed. She hurts herself and she combos for years. Make her combos last for decades instead and remove her self damage.
:ultlittlemac:, though? He needs hard nerfs. He has the best recovery in the game and even manages to kill early? Stupid. Make this character unable to use smash attacks or Up B (in the air). And just delete Side B completely, you lose it in the air when you get hit anyways so it’s a completely useless move. Make Air Fighta Mac a not-even-a-Fighta-Mac.
r/whoooooooosh

Love Tap

Smash Cadet
Jigglypuff:

1) The removal of the shield break or a corresponding buff to justify it's existence, such as a larger shield.

2) Faster tilts that have increased range in order to actually combat rushdown. If down tilt was something like Dedede's for example, except it came out fast, that would be really nice. I mainly want this because a lot of other characters tilts beat out jigglypuff's neutral air out of shield, which is her safest option.

3) Rest should either have its kill power restored to melee, OR make the set ups more consistent, or make it safer to use, such as making the wake up animation a fraction of second if your opponent shields rest. My rationale for this is that if your opponent shields rest, you still timed a really difficult hitbox perfectly but you're being disproportionately punished. I've had instances where where opponents were actually able to shield right out of drill kick and blocked the rest that followed, which is completely unfair considering that's an extremely fussy and inconsistent combo. I don't need all three of these things, but as far as a rest rework is concerned, at least one of them is required.

4) Make neutral B have actual use instead of being an extremely situational punish tool, perhaps give her the ability to cancel it, if not, significantly more lenient controls so you don't self destruct if you mess up. If it's just a gimmick you shouldn't be punished with death for not slamming back your analogue stick fast enough.

5) Faster run speed. Jigglypuff can struggle to punish completely stupid moves neutral simply because she's so slow she can't make it to them in time, Zelda's up B in particular.

6) This one could be a bit broken but she's my main, so I have to. Make down air spike! That'd be ****ing sick.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Why does Jigglypuff have that shield break thing again? I've never understood that. Was it just an attempt to cement her position as the joke character in 64?

Love Tap

Smash Cadet
Pretty much, they thought it was hilarious because she's the balloon pokemon. But now its just frustrating. I get most frustrated against Lucinas and Dk's that I'm out out playing but they tie it up with a lucky shield breaker or charge punch. Up one stock plus 50% damage? Oops, now you're dead and the game is pretty much even since you're so light.

Near your front door, holding Death's Scythe
Switch FC
SW-1374-2064-3145
-Improve Doc's and Little Mac's recovery.
-Ice Climbers should have more control over the trailing climber (but not to the point where they can wobble or perform hand-offs).
-Less lag on tethers, especially Luigi's.
-Waluigi should be in the roster, buffing the game as a whole.

Why does Jigglypuff have that shield break thing again? I've never understood that. Was it just an attempt to cement her position as the joke character in 64?
Jigglypuff is the Balloon Pokémon. That was Sakurai's joke.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So who here got their wishes granted in 3.0?

Rakurai

Smash Ace
I just want G&W's fair bombs to behave like typical projectiles and explode on contact with opponents instead of on a timer or when hitting the floor.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
I asked for echoes to be a little more unique. Instead they removed the most significant difference between Peach and Daisy.

Freakin' R I P.

Kiligar

Smash Journeyman
The patch torched hopes. If no one gets buffed, which seems to be happening, then a nerf meta would be preferable to a buff one. Make those top 15 meld in with the rest of the crowd.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
>Dedede got no changes other than the standard shield damage nerf on Gordos
O-oh...

Well, at least Mewtwo got buffed...

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
>Dedede got no changes other than the standard shield damage nerf on Gordos
O-oh...

Well, at least Mewtwo got buffed...
I mean... Dedede is fine in this game.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Alright, now I know this is far too early to be asking for Joker buffs, so instead how about a QoL change?

For non-tap jump users, please make it so that up is a suitable replacement to activate his jumping spinning gun attack.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I mean... Dedede is fine in this game.
Maybe, but if he gets ignored this game like he did in Smash 4, he's gonna fall victim to some serious powercreep and end up in low tier again, methinks. It's not like he's even one of the better heavyweights even now.

Last edited:

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
The patch torched hopes. If no one gets buffed, which seems to be happening, then a nerf meta would be preferable to a buff one. Make those top 15 meld in with the rest of the crowd.
Hopes that people raised themselves, mind you, so they are responsible for their own disappointment. From looking at the update, it's clear that this wasn't intended for huge balancing tweaks. They made universal changes by nerfing most projectiles across the board and buffing only a handful of fighters, but otherwise you can see that most of the focus wasn't on making a lot of individual character changes.

Also, it's better to buff rather than nerf. We humans have a thing called loss aversion, so when we experience a loss it hurts us 2x times as much as how good a gain would feel. Buffing the weaker fighters and making as little nerfs as possible for now is the way to go. Once the meta develops more, then we can make a better assessment of what may need a nerf or not.

I cringe a little bit at the lack of foresight here; game is only 5 months old and this is merely the second balance patch we've gotten so far. They probably wanted to let the game go on for a little longer before making more serious changes. There are still four more patches guaranteed to come, and there could be other patches in between. It's too early to believe that no one will get buffed. Despite this, I see people already acting as if the weaker characters are doomed to stay that way. Oh well.

I also agree that Dedede is looking as a good character in this game. Could use some buffs but he is not in a desperate state as was the case in Smash 4.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Seeing as people brought up how Olimar is too good, the only real nerf that I can think of for him is making the Pikmin hitboxes clang with other hitboxes. But this is a buff wishlist thread, so it really isn't the place to talk about fighter nerfing.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Not gonna lie, little disappointed that G&W's only buff was to his FS and Bowser Jr's buff was to his ... jab?

Piranha Plant getting its ptooie buffed was kind of bizarre (seriously, that thing's huge now) but I'll take it I guess, though hoping that a future buff reduces some of the lag on Plant's moves

At least glad that Olimar's smashes can actually charge, as there was no good reason why they shouldn't have and it was evidently a bug

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
The fact that Olimar's Smash Attacks were already great tools for the neutral should have been considered when rebuffing their power. They seemed to realize that for F-smash, but not for U-smash, which was already a busted tool without extra charge power.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
:ultdoc:
  • Run speed: 1.397 (7th slowest) -> 1.53 (15th slowest)
  • Air speed: 0.923 (8th slowest) -> 0.94 (11th slowest)
  • Super Jump Punch: Vertical distance increased. Can now reach Battlefield’s top platform
I believe that Doc is a decent, middle of mid tier character, but he still has one key thing holding him back from greatness: mobility. Some characters can just run circles around the poor doctor. Even with these changes he’d still be significantly slower than Mario and even Luigi, but now he’d be able to keep up a little better with some of the characters that gave him trouble before.

Last edited:

~?~

The Strangest Link Main
I want Links boomerang to have an additional option to produce the gale tornado hitbox it did in SmashWiiU simple by holding down the special button when you throw the boomerang, making the gale tornado optional. That is all for Link.

Last edited:

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
  • Air speed: 0.923 (8th slowest) -> 0.87 (11th slowest)
Typo.
But yeah I agree, Doc deserves a solid mobility buff since nearly everyone from Sm4sh got one except him.
Plus fix the knockback on Up-Smash, all aerials and both hits of Up-B so they're not unsafe on hit at low %'s.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Wow, I’m a headass. That was supposed to say 0.94, don’t ask how I ****ed that up.
But yeah I agree, Doc deserves a solid mobility since nearly everyone from Sm4sh got one except him.
And not only that, his air speed actually got nerfed. I get that they don’t want Doc to have too much speed and power at the same time, but they kind of overdid it.
Plus fix the knockback on Up-Smash, all aerials and both hits of Up-B so they're not unsafe on hit at low %'s.
Definitely. Moves being unsafe on hit is incredibly dumb.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
  • Super Jump Punch: Vertical distance increased. Can now reach Battlefield’s top platform
I believe that Doc is a decent, middle of mid tier character, but he still has one key thing holding him back from greatness: mobility. Some characters can just run circles around the poor doctor. Even with these changes he’d still be significantly slower than Mario and even Luigi, but now he’d be able to keep up a little better with some of the characters that gave him trouble before.
Frankly, Dr. Mario needs more mobility than that, especially considering how poor his overall recovery is. He should at least run faster than Bowser Jr.. As for air speed, probably near Robin's air speed value.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Frankly, Dr. Mario needs more mobility than that, especially considering how poor his overall recovery is. He should at least run faster than Bowser Jr.. As for air speed, probably near Robin's air speed value.
I think that’s fair. I didn’t want to overdo it, because too much speed in addition to the surplus of power that Doc has would essentially create Captain Falcon 2.0.

Air speed is really touchy because Doc has among the best aerials in the game in my opinion, and if his air speed is increased too much it could lead to things like Hoo-Has or 50/50s. You know, repeats of Smash 4.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think that’s fair. I didn’t want to overdo it, because too much speed in addition to the surplus of power that Doc has would essentially create Captain Falcon 2.0.

Air speed is really touchy because Doc has among the best aerials in the game in my opinion, and if his air speed is increased too much it could lead to things like Hoo-Has or 50/50s. You know, repeats of Smash 4.
Maybe I should've stated that Dr. Mario would run faster than Bowser Jr., but would still run slower than Marth's walk speed. As for the air speed dilemma, it's definitely a tough ordeal when you're working with a fighter whose recovery is bad, and yet, his/her aerial attacks are good. Ganondorf is in that very situation himself.

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789

LOL, I feel you man.

Personally, I'll take anything as long as it's a buff :D

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
One problem is that they always half-ass Doc's decreased speed. In Melee it was by not really bothering to decrease it while in later games they give Doc -speed equipment. Despite the fact that equipment is now supposed to be gone.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
I honestly think Dr. Mario would be fine, balanced, and comparable to Mario if his jump punch went exactly as high. That's all I think he needs is not garbage-tier recovery.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
:ultcloud:: Give him a throw follow-up. Any throw, just please give him one.
:ultzelda:: Increase jab power and make f-tilt come out a wee bit faster. And make Nayru's Love a little less laggy.
:ultchrom:: Allow him to instantly snap to the ledge instead of going over and getting punished. Same for Ike.
:ultkingdedede:: Either give him grab follow ups a little later or give him a reliable killthrow.
:ultsimon::ultrichter:: Let. Me. Angle. Forward. Tilt.
:ultpit::ultdarkpit:: Increase the hitbox size of f-air.
:ultkirby:: Make down special spike in the early falling animation like Bowser's.

grizby2

Smash Lord
I really miss G&W's old Fair. the bomb is nice, but the starting hit box is very troublesome to land. sometimes I just need a solid, traditional Fair.

Top Bottom