• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Mega Man doesn't really work well for me. After playing All-Star Mode with him the other day, it just feels like he's way too advanced for me to use properly.

Ironically, a level 7 Mega Man did give me a run for my money.
Mega Man was the first character I used in All-Star mode, it was pretty easy IMO. Mega Man is a character you really have to want to use, otherwise it might go south quickly when you're trying to use him. If it helps, just imagine you're playing a Mega Man game. That's what it feels like to me.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Probably heat man because fireman only has projectiles and heatman's tackle is safe from projectiles. Fireman also isnt as agile as heatman.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Mega Man was the first character I used in All-Star mode, it was pretty easy IMO. Mega Man is a character you really have to want to use, otherwise it might go south quickly when you're trying to use him. If it helps, just imagine you're playing a Mega Man game. That's what it feels like to me.
I guess I just suck with Mega Man then.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Anybody else run into people on For Glory who switch to a MM ditto after you body their other char? I ran into like 4 in a row last night.

It annoys me for some reason.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Anybody else run into people on For Glory who switch to a MM ditto after you body their other char? I ran into like 4 in a row last night.

They probably think you beat them in a cheap way with megs and want to return the favour.
Either that, or they simply wanna ditto.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I mean... I use projectiles and such... but wouldn't call myself "cheap".

Just feels like a salty runback everytime.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
There was this one time I came across a Mega in For Glory. He wasn't bad. He was definitely less experienced at competitive Smash than me.

He started the match with reckless Fair and Bair approaches but wasn't terribly stupid with them. It took me until I started punishing his landings with USmash OOS to get him to stop. Instead he'd wait instead of bair on landing and punish me with a grab if I Usmashed OoS.

He kept a general aggressive air strategy, but slowly calmed down after he'd lose repeatedly to my more patient, projectile-based playstyle. He eventually started to win matches against me as he adapted to me and the fights got pretty heated. I sill won a majority of them though but he definitely forced me to adapt and think more about my strategy.

We'd even invoke gentlemen's rule and SD after the other SD'd on first stock. At some point, I was getting him with a lot of deep edgeguards (which is where I clearly shined in 3 hours of playing him. That and deep recoveries.)

So at one point I ran off the stage and started doing walljump aerials to show him a way of edgeguarding and he just kinda stood there watching, and started practicing them himself.

He tried to use them in later matches so that was neat to see.

Eventually the lag got so bad so he left, but it was a fun 3 hours.

In terms of people getting salty over my Mega. They tend to go Mario/Villager/Fox in order to counter what they feel is projectile spam.

Little do they know, I actually know how to play a minimalist projectile game with Mega lel.

Last edited:

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Yeah contrary to popular belief, mega man is not all that reliant on strong projectiles. And the ones he uses other than fsmash really aren't that useful if caught / reflected. I can completely forgo projectiles other than jab and have success.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
He's built around buster shots, but nothing else. Which makes sense. That's how Mega is.

And lemons arent something you can just really ignore with half-baked reflector counter schemes.

I mean even against Ness's absorb. If he starts to absorb a pellet, he's committed to it until he can let go.

We can approach while we shoot pellets. And our buster has a hitbox that has great KB and starts setting ness up to get gimped.

We are the kings of lemonade. We just give people cups full of sweet lemon goodness and tell them to HOLD DAT.

And if they dont like it, we give them a straw and tell them to suck it up.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I demand that this thread title be changed to "The Kings of Lemonade".
I second this for its hilarity. Do you mind, @ Z1GMA Z1GMA ?

Also, I'll be at APEX this coming January guys and I'll be entering as Mega. If any of you are attending, say hello, and let's get a group Mega photo.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
i mighte be goooingggggg

EDIT: I just played against a ganon.

holy crap that MU is so polarizing.

ganon side b is literally worthless

Last edited:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
i mighte be goooingggggg

EDIT: I just played against a ganon.

holy crap that MU is so polarizing.

ganon side b is literally worthless
I don't think I'd say worthless, but it's really hard to land.
Been playing more Ganon recently and Ganon has a lot of trouble getting hits in, and if he does he has to make them count.
On the plus side, Ganon's Ftilt will kill fairly early and is pretty easy to land.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Nonono

the difficulty of landing it doesnt matter

you use side b for the damage and its follow ups and positional advantage. but when the 2nd 2 are nullified, what's the point.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Nonono

the difficulty of landing it doesnt matter

you use side b for the damage and its follow ups and positional advantage. but when the 2nd 2 are nullified, what's the point.
Do you mean because of ground techs? Those definitely hurt, but you can still follow up if you guess where they are going to tech (AKA same as in Brawl except with less time to act so less options to follow up if you guess right, and the opponent has a lot more options since they can just not tech... *Sigh* That nerf hurts...).

Last edited:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
@ fromundaman fromundaman , do you still play a lot of Ganon? I mean a lot.
Probably not as much as you, but he is steadily becoming my 3rd after Megaman and Pac Man (As much as I love Rosalina, I am not as good with her as I want to be), and I have used him in tournament. In total my 3DS is telling me I've used him 150-ish games so far out of about 900-ish total.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on something; it can only help me.

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Megaman can rush cancel ganon's side b indefinitely.

Megaman will NEVER hit the ground.

Ever.

I feel like a villian every time I do it.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
That is, if Ganon ever connects a Flame Choke. Proper Camping shouldn't allow hit to get that close.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Megaman can rush cancel ganon's side b indefinitely.

Megaman will NEVER hit the ground.

Ever.

I feel like a villian every time I do it.
Daaaaaamn... I didn't know that.

RIP Ganon: You were never allowed to live.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869

I have yet to run into another MM user, at least in For Glory. I usually fight a lot of Macs online.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Robot Master Battle #1 Who would win, and why?

Fire Man
Vs
Heat Man
Probably Heat Man. He does have that dash attack. Though Fire Man has the better design. Flame Man beats both of them if you ask me.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There's a lot of water based Robot Masters too. So would the next match up involve two of them? Maybe Bubble Man vs Wave Man or something. Just throwing out some suggestions.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Robot Master Battle #2 Who would win, and why?

Bubble Man
Vs
Wave Man
I know I was the one to suggest this fight, but I guess I can answer it anyway. Despite having one of the goofier themes of Robot Masters, I'm giving it to Bubble Man.

Wave Man is kind of slow as it is. And Bubble Man a couple more moves to work with if I'm not mistaken. What with the Torpedoes and all. Though it's been a while since I've seen Mega Man 5 stuff.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So I've been playing Mega-Man alot more but he's gonna get some taking used to for me. Also how do you guys deal with people constantly up in your grill against characters like Shiek, ZSS and Little Mac.

BromVanBrunt

Smash Rookie
So I've been playing Mega-Man alot more but he's gonna get some taking used to for me.
He takes getting used to for everybody. I'd say that Mega Man is hands-down the hardest character in the game to learn. His play style is just so radically different from every other character.

Also how do you guys deal with people constantly up in your grill against characters like Shiek, ZSS and Little Mac.

...Seriously, lemons do work in this game.They are a fantastic way to create space.

Also, hello, all. Fellow Mega Man main, scrub tier, wandering his way over from /r/crazyhand.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Robot Master Battle #2 Who would win, and why?

Bubble Man
Vs
Wave Man
Hmm...that spear gun looks like it could cause some damage, and Wave Man could possibly protect himself from Bubble Man's torpedoes using his Water Wave.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, you guys have a favorite Wily fight? I'm not sure if I have one. Maybe the Mega Man 3 Wily fight.

Top Bottom