• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Mega Man 9 for the game with the most useful abilities, imo.
Pretty much why it's my favorite game in the series.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Pretty much why it's my favorite game in the series.
On top of weapons, there's the arguably best soundtrack in the series, Proto Man mode for replay value, and in general it just has a charm to it's simplicity. With that said it's also my favorite in the series. :p

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
On top of weapons, there's the arguably best soundtrack in the series, Proto Man mode for replay value, and in general it just has a charm to it's simplicity. With that said it's also my favorite in the series. :p
MM10 one-upped it with Bass, though. But yeah, MM9 had some of the best special weapons in the series and an awesome soundtrack, even if it was 8-bit.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I love 10 to death, but something about 9 just urges me to replay it more.
Personally I prefer the air think 9 is overall the better game, but I also think it's because 9 was such an unexpected thing to happen. It just came out of nowhere with this amazing return to form for Classic Mega Man.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Personally I prefer the air think 9 is overall the better game, but I also think it's because 9 was such an unexpected thing to happen. It just came out of nowhere with this amazing return to form for Classic Mega Man.
Indeed, I agree. I prefer all the Robot Masters in 9 as well. I feel that 10's (aside from Strike Man, Sheep Man and Pump Man) are pretty unoriginal. I still like 'em all though. Even Sheepy.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I like everything about 10 better.

On first sight, 9 was so much more hype. But after replaying both to death, I've come to prefer 10.
Maybe it's the level design, or the fact that I can switch RM weapons through L/R, or the fact that I can choose 3 characters, or the extra DLC Bosses... I don't know. MM10 has a bit more options and content that I can't help liking it better.

I still think MM9 music is slightly better (at least for Robot Masters, because Wily stage music is SO much better in 10 IMHO).
And the stages feel a little less recycle-y than MM9's.

But one thing's for sure. MM10 and MM9 have both topped MM3 and MM2 as my favorite Megaman games.
They are my new most replayed games.

I got all trophies in MM10. Even that notorious one about not getting damaged through the whole game. -.-

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think I'm starting to get better with Mega Man. Though I'm mostly just training against level 9 CPUs right now. It's strangely fun to go at it in a 1-on-1 match.

"Why do my robotic nether regions feel funny?"
I laughed a little too hard at this.

In other news, the Archie Comics are doing another Mega Man and Sonic thing next year. I'm just hoping we'll get some Mega Man X awesomeness from them at some point.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
That, good sir, I take it as an insult.
Well, I never meant it as such. I probably should've worded that better. I like Mega Man's 8-bit music, don't get me wrong(we have Spark Man's stage, after all). It just wasn't as good as the music in the 16-bit era(particularly Mega Man X).

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
But one thing's for sure. MM10 and MM9 have both topped MM3 and MM2 as my favorite Megaman games.

Nah I'm just joking though. They're both phenomenal games. I think I'm just a little too attached to two and three to ever consider 10 better. I might consider 9 though myself...maybe. :)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hey, I didn't want to throw this in the MU thread to not clutter it with off-topic posts, but I need advice on Sheik now-ish.
I got bodied by the same Sheik player twice in tournament the other day (Sadly no videos, but I made 5th going all Megaman with one game where I CPed Ganon) and need to figure out how to approach this matchup, especially if he catches my saw then needle camps me.

Any advice?

BBC7

Smash Ace
On another note, I actually think Yellow Devil from MM1 is a joke, even without the Pause Trick. Hell, I still think he's a joke even with the Mega Buster. Yellow Devil follows a strict pattern that he never breaks, is easy to dodge with practice and his shot almost never gets me. I can see how he's hard if you don't get the pattern, but figure it out and he makes Cut Man look like Chuck Norris in comparison.

BBC7

Smash Ace
Im'ma just drop this here:

Capcom: They didn't forget Mega Man, they just forgot that Mega Man has his own games.

Seriously, they feature him in Smash Bros, Street Fighter X Tekken, MvC, and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, yet they somehow screw up by not actually making new games and therefore, causing Inafune to leave Capcom? This really just seems like Capcom is writing an apology letter more than anything else. I still like it though.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
On another note, I actually think Yellow Devil from MM1 is a joke, even without the Pause Trick. Hell, I still think he's a joke even with the Mega Buster. Yellow Devil follows a strict pattern that he never breaks, is easy to dodge with practice and his shot almost never gets me. I can see how he's hard if you don't get the pattern, but figure it out and he makes Cut Man look like Chuck Norris in comparison.
I guess. But the Shadow Devil from X5 is really annoying. He's way less predictable. Though I'm sure he has a strategy to him too.

Im'ma just drop this here:

Neat reference. Seriously though, you'd think they'd know how much people would want to see a new Mega Man game right? They should at least acknowledge the fact. Granted, there's always complainers, but you catch my drift right?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I figured I share this right here. It's a 3D Chalk art of Mega Man X. I think it's pretty cool, mostly in the lighting. Can't remember which game the art is based off of though. I think X6 or X7. One of those two.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Does anyone wish there were colors based off of Bass and other characters from the series?

Those trophies man...

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Soooo... Zelda's a hard counter.
We can't truly gimp her, Nayru's love reflects everything AND out prioritizes our normals at the same time. She kills hella early. Ugh... that MU sucks.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Soooo... Zelda's a hard counter.
We can't truly gimp her, Nayru's love reflects everything AND out prioritizes our normals at the same time. She kills hella early. Ugh... that MU sucks.
I legit wanna know what Sakurai was thinking when he made a projectile focused character in a game where 70% of the cast can reflect or neutralize projectiles. Then again, this is the same man who thought tripping and Dark Pit were good ideas.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I legit wanna know what Sakurai was thinking when he made a projectile focused character in a game where 70% of the cast can reflect or neutralize projectiles. Then again, this is the same man who thought tripping and Dark Pit were good ideas.
She is legit the only reflect projectile to give me any issues so far. Other reflect characters have to commit to a reflect and are open to non-projectile attacks when they do. This does not apply to Zelda.
Crash bomb is also a great tool against reflect characters as having the bomb on you allows you to rush down a bit harder.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
She is legit the only reflect projectile to give me any issues so far. Other reflect characters have to commit to a reflect and are open to non-projectile attacks when they do. This does not apply to Zelda.
Crash bomb is also a great tool against reflect characters as having the bomb on you allows you to rush down a bit harder.
Yeah, I know it's not as crippling as I made it sound there. I was in a bad mood when writing that, since I had just lost a match in a stupid fashion.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I would have really liked Megaman's jabs to cover a bit more distance.
They roughly cover as much distance as Bowser's flamethrower (or less?) this isn't too good for a character based on shooting.

Also, shame that he could have been the only character with a chargeable Fair (as in his Fsmash but on air) but disregarded it.

I don't care if there's like 4 characters with a chargeable + storeable B neutral attack. I still think Metal Blade for B Neutral was a bad idea.
If I could change anything about him, I'd make Megaman's neutral special be his Jab attack if mashed, or his Fsmash if charged.

His new Fsmash, Ftilt, and Nair could have been so many other things (like Drills, Napalm Bomb, Top Spin) and his Dash Attack could have been Charge Slide.
Oh well, those are the changes I would give him. I'll still do my best to adapt to his playstyle as best as I can.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Was this shared here yet (it's kinda old news but I'm too lazy and tired to go back through the topic right now)?

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Been meaning to post here for awhile... Figured now would be the best time. :p
So... When will Nintendo just buy Megaman already? :laugh:
Was this shared here yet (it's kinda old news but I'm too lazy and tired to go back through the topic right now)?

Cool to see another 'Worlds Collide' is coming... But I will probably skip those issues like I did with the first Worlds Collide. :p

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Great, looks like I'll have to sign up again to complete my collection. Still the first crossover was great, more the most part, I think a lot of the issues with it should be able to easily be addressed with this one.

Either way it's pretty hype. Am going to bummed if there's no references to Smash.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Mega Man doesn't really work well for me. After playing All-Star Mode with him the other day, it just feels like he's way too advanced for me to use properly.

Ironically, a level 7 Mega Man did give me a run for my money.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Been meaning to post here for awhile... Figured now would be the best time. :p
So... When will Nintendo just buy Megaman already? :laugh:

Cool to see another 'Worlds Collide' is coming... But I will probably skip those issues like I did with the first Worlds Collide. :p
>skipping the first worlds collide

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU

They're also canon man!

Important events happen in that cross over!

Have you no taste!?

This character is a lot better than I thought it would be

This character can die in a fire
spikes more effective imo

also when are we gonna get a megaman general competitive discussion thread ;_;

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
So, I remember earlier we were talking about options out of a Dthrow against opponents who air dodge:

Well, recently I've been noticing that dash up Dthrow again isn't working against opponents who fast fall a Nair then cancel into fast jabs, like Sheik. For these characters I've started using that to place a free crash bomb instead. This allows me to set up shield pressure and another grab fairly easily while adding a little % in.

Just thought I should share.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I would have really liked Megaman's jabs to cover a bit more distance.
They roughly cover as much distance as Bowser's flamethrower (or less?) this isn't too good for a character based on shooting.

Also, shame that he could have been the only character with a chargeable Fair (as in his Fsmash but on air) but disregarded it.
But what if Megaman gets stuck moving forward in the air while charging?

And I think Crash bomber is enough for long range.

Top Bottom