• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
What I like about 6 is the international theme. Gave the stages much more of an identity, and allowed for some hilariously stereotypical Robot Masters. Soundtrack was also one of the best in the entire series.
Yeah that's true too. The soundtrack is great. The Sunset area of Tomahawk Man's stage comes to mind when implementing the themes into the stages too.

The Robot Masters and the "World Warriors" theme are cool too. Tomahawk Man, Flame Man and Knight Man are some of my favorite Robot Master designs honestly. Though now that I think of it, another one of my favorite Robot Masters is Pharaoh Man, he'd totally fit with the thematic aspect of Mega Man 6.

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
Skull Man would make a great representative for Australia if he were in Mega Man 6, given how much of the wildlife there is deadly.

BBC7

Smash Ace
I don't know why, but I was always convinced that Cut Man was Mexican as a kid. I think it was the whole cutting aspect of Cut Man that made me believe he was Mexican, since there is the stereotype of illegal Mexicans resorting to jobs such as mowing lawns for money. I also thought that Ice Man was Canadian due to his love of the cold, although that's more understandable.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I don't know why, but I was always convinced that Cut Man was Mexican as a kid. I think it was the whole cutting aspect of Cut Man that made me believe he was Mexican, since there is the stereotype of illegal Mexicans resorting to jobs such as mowing lawns for money. I also thought that Ice Man was Canadian due to his love of the cold, although that's more understandable.
Was it the weird voice from the 90's cartoon? Because that show kind of has Cutman with this weird Igor voice. Which could sound like a Hispanic stereotype to a kid I guess.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
MM4 is actually my favourite in the whole series.
The Robot Masters are just plain badass. If you look at the Stage Select Screen, every RM except Toad Man looks like they're natural born leaders among the rest of the pack. It's impossible to tell which one of them would take the role as the alpha if you put them in the same room.
MM4 is the game were the Robot Masters stopped messing around and put serious-mode ON.
MM4 is dark - and awesome.
I don't know, I think the MM3 Robot Masters could give them a run for their money, considering their difficulty and all. I personally think MM3 was the harder game, because of the higher difficulty of the basic Robot Masters combined with the more powerful MM2 Robot Masters.

BBC7

Smash Ace
By the way...what the hell is growing in Top Man's stage? I almost want to say that it's marijuana, and that it's supposed to be a joke about how Top spelled backwards is Pot. Although after observing further, they really don't look like marijuana leaves, and probably aren't because they are apparently sharp enough to kill Mega Man, implying it's more of a thorn-type plant. However, there are clearly lights for stimulated growth which usually aren't necessary for most plants, and it's being guarded quite heavily.

Although, I guess it's not too unlikely, he does look like he's on something.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
By the way...what the hell is growing in Top Man's stage? I almost want to say that it's marijuana, and that it's supposed to be a joke about how Top spelled backwards is Pot. Although after observing further, they really don't look like marijuana leaves, and probably aren't because they are apparently sharp enough to kill Mega Man, implying it's more of a thorn-type plant. However, there are clearly lights for stimulated growth which usually aren't necessary for most plants, and it's being guarded quite heavily.

Although, I guess it's not too unlikely, he does look like he's on something.
If anyone was on "something" when making Top Man, it'd be Wily. Because what major purpose would a spinning top Robot have over Snakes, Ninjas, Magnetic robots and a dude who can copy himself?

Well, at least Mega Man got a cool Dash attack in Smash, so that's something.

BBC7

Smash Ace
If anyone was on "something" when making Top Man, it'd be Wily. Because what major purpose would a spinning top Robot have over Snakes, Ninjas, Magnetic robots and a dude who can copy himself?

Well, at least Mega Man got a cool Dash attack in Smash, so that's something.
Maybe Top Man's purpose was to protect Wily's weed? Wily really seemed under some sort of influence when he made that Alien hologram in Mega Man 2 and expected Mega Man to fall for it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Maybe Top Man's purpose was to protect Wily's weed? Wily really seemed under some sort of influence when he made that Alien hologram in Mega Man 2 and expected Mega Man to fall for it.
And with Wood Man, because, y'know, that's what robots needed to be made out of, ****ing wood. And Stone Man, and Spring Man, and Stone Man and Aqua Man(but not that guy, y'know the other one.)

Granted, I like Wood Man's theme, design and weapon. But yeah, being made of wood can't be all that helpful.

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
Spring Man doesn't get enough respect, imo. Dude literally grapples Mega Man and suplexes him INTO A CEILING! That stuff hurts man!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Spring Man doesn't get enough respect, imo. Dude literally grapples Mega Man and suplexes him INTO A CEILING! That stuff hurts man!
Kind of hard to get some respect when you've got Slinky arms. And for having an strange weapon. It's not bad, just weird. You should feel bad about Sheep Man.

Sure his wool is white, but he is the black sheep of the robot masters.

BBC7

Smash Ace
My least favorite Robot Master is actually Sonic Man. (Yes, that is a legit robot master made by Capcom)
And for numerous reasons:

1. Mega Man DOS sucks. Let us get that out of the way. It's the CD-I Zelda of the Mega Man franchise. Even something like X7 is more appealing. You want to know how bad it is? 3 Robot Masters, ugly graphics, and Mega Man doesn't even change color when switching weapons.
2. Sonic Man has no theme, just like the other DOS Robot Masters. In fact, the game has no music.
3. He is a water robot for some reason. (Sonic the Hedgehog hates water so this feels wrong to me)
4. His purple flippers look ridiculous, they couldn't have gone with a neutral color?
5. His color scheme is just unappealing in general, green and purple feel disgusting to look at when the Robot Master itself is already kind of ugly.
6. That name. That god damn name, it just makes me cringe. It's not the Sonic part that makes me cringe, it's the fact that Sonic Man is a legit Robot Master made by Capcom, which makes it feel awkward. Also, Mega Man DOS was a 1990 game. Sonic the Hedgehog was a 1991 game. So this abomination is actually older.

(Off Topic: I remember playing a fan-made Mega Man game called Fega Man. Instead of Wily taking over, it is actually Adolf Hitler, and Mega Man is one of the robots that is reprogrammed for world domination. You play as a former Nazi by the name of Hermann Fegelein who was actually loyal to Hitler in real life, despite rebelling against him in the game. The game is heavily based off of the movie "Downfall", and it's a pretty weird game. Seeing Mega Man doing the "Sieg Hiel" pose was the icing on the cake when it came to weirdness though.)

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
My least favorite Robot Master is actually Sonic Man. (Yes, that is a legit robot master made by Capcom)
And for numerous reasons:

1. Mega Man DOS sucks. Let us get that out of the way. It's the CD-I Zelda of the Mega Man franchise. Even something like X7 is more appealing. You want to know how bad it is? 3 Robot Masters, ugly graphics, and Mega Man doesn't even change color when switching weapons.
2. Sonic Man has no theme, just like the other DOS Robot Masters. In fact, the game has no music.
3. He is a water robot for some reason. (Sonic the Hedgehog hates water so this feels wrong to me)
4. His purple flippers look ridiculous, they couldn't have gone with a neutral color?
5. His color scheme is just unappealing in general, green and purple feel disgusting to look at when the Robot Master itself is already kind of ugly.
6. That name. That god damn name, it just makes me cringe. It's not the Sonic part that makes me cringe, it's the fact that Sonic Man is a legit Robot Master made by Capcom, which makes it feel awkward. Also, Mega Man DOS was a 1990 game. Sonic the Hedgehog was a 1991 game. So this abomination is actually older.

(Off Topic: I remember playing a fan-made Mega Man game called Fega Man. Instead of Wily taking over, it is actually Adolf Hitler, and Mega Man is one of the robots that is reprogrammed for world domination. You play as a former Nazi by the name of Hermann Fegelein who was actually loyal to Hitler in real life, despite rebelling against him in the game. The game is heavily based off of the movie "Downfall", and it's a pretty weird game. Seeing Mega Man doing the "Sieg Hiel" pose was the icing on the cake when it came to weirdness though.)
I'm pretty sure even Capcom wants to forget about those PC games. Y'know, if they already haven't. That's the closest the Mega Man series is getting to CD-i levels of embarrassing.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Kind of hard to get some respect when you've got Slinky arms. And for having an strange weapon. It's not bad, just weird. You should feel bad about Sheep Man.

Sure his wool is white, but he is the black sheep of the robot masters.
Sometimes you just have to wonder; just what was the purpose of some of these Robot Masters?

BBC7

Smash Ace
At school today, my mind was pretty clouded with Mega Man and I came up with a (horrible) Robot Master idea. And I'm here to share it. He was meant to appear as a joke character despite being very strong as a boss. Although he's not actually implemented in any game, I treated him as if he was. I have no artwork for him because I just came up with him today and really don't care about him anyways.

Name: Helium Man
Design: A balloon head(party balloon), presumably blue. Fire-Man like body armor.
Dislikes: People(children especially), Earth, Needles
Special Powers: Helium Gas and the Sun

Attacks: ...Shotokan Karate. He can blast a Helium Ball(meant to represent Hadoken), Floating Uppercut(meant to represent Shoryuken) and Solar System Karate Kick(meant to represent Hurricane Kick/Tatsumaki Senpukyaku). There is also a very slim chance that he may use his Raging Sun(meant to represent Raging Demon), which downs Mega Man in one hit but is easily avoidable and is only ever used once in a fight. It also puts Mega Man into a cinematic scene if he's hit, where Helium Man unleashes his wrath onto Mega Man for half of his health, before dropping the Sun on Mega Man for another half and floating away. (Somehow remaining unburned)

He will usually throw his Helium Ball if you are grounded.
He will always try to nail a jump with a Floating Uppercut if he is in range.
He will throw out his Solar System Karate Kick only in close quarters, since it doesn't give invincibility frames.
Raging Sun is random although it is easy to avoid because Helium Man turns red with dark aura surrounding him, before performing the move.

PF9

Smash Lord
Since Brawl, I have usually turned the in-game music off to listen to metal tracks while playing Smash. I like to associate certain songs with certain characters and stages. In this regard, I'll play Iron Man by Black Sabbath as an example when using Mega Man.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Gotta love the writing of the Archie Comics series. I only subscribed for a year to get the World's Collide story arc, but I was impressed with how they handled the storyline/characters (bar potentially killing off each RM after each arc), sheer amount of references and community jokes. Would subscribe again if I wasn't at school and had money.

Megamix/Gigamix are like movies, while Archie Comics are like a cartoon show.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Gotta love the writing of the Archie Comics series. I only subscribed for a year to get the World's Collide story arc, but I was impressed with how they handled the storyline/characters (bar potentially killing off each RM after each arc), sheer amount of references and community jokes. Would subscribe again if I wasn't at school and had money.

Megamix/Gigamix are like movies, while Archie Comics are like a cartoon show.
I'm pretty sure that at the very least the Mega Man 1 Robot Masters, Time Man and Oil Man included are still alive and kicking. Pharaoh Man also showed up a bunch before the Mega Man 4 story. I assume the same will happen with the Mega Man 6 cast at some point.

[Plot Stuff] I think they become good guys after Mega Man beats them and takes them back from Dr.Wily.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm pretty sure that at the very least the Mega Man 1 Robot Masters, Time Man and Oil Man included are still alive and kicking. Pharaoh Man also showed up a bunch before the Mega Man 4 story. I assume the same will happen with the Mega Man 6 cast at some point.

[Plot Stuff] I think they become good guys after Mega Man beats them and takes them back from Dr.Wily.
They do survive, at least the MM1 RMs, but in the World's Collide Mega/Proto Man states that they destroyed their IC Chips meaning they couldn't be brought back.

I hope that that's not the case, as the RMs more or less are a majority of the charm the series has. Will have to see what they do with the MM3 story line that's currently running. Summaries have stated MM is holding onto the MM3 RM chips for safe keeping, but previews for upcoming volumes state that Break Man is going to attack the MM2 RMs...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
They do survive, at least the MM1 RMs, but in the World's Collide Mega/Proto Man states that they destroyed their IC Chips meaning they couldn't be brought back.

I hope that that's not the case, as the RMs more or less are a majority of the charm the series has. Will have to see what they do with the MM3 story line that's currently running. Summaries have stated MM is holding onto the MM3 RM chips for safe keeping, but previews for upcoming volumes state that Break Man is going to attack the MM2 RMs...
Whelp, they are going to get ****ed up, that's for sure. If I had to guess, they might throw in the Doc Robot into there as well.

Can't wait to see what they do for MM4, MM6 and MM7.

I think they might a series based on Mega Man X as well. Which would be hype as hell for me. Seeing as Mega Man X is my personal favorite of the Mega Men, Classic is a very close 2nd though.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I have got to admit, I really am loving the little Blue Bomber. There's nothing more satisfying to me as well than him throwing a Metal Blade backwards. I don't know what it is, but the animation on him is just perfect.

GeZ

Smash Lord
Is there a dedicated thread to talking about custom moves? And have those been decidedly banned or not yet? If they're not then I want to discuss pros and cons with people because the variety is awesome. If not I want to stop messing with them and get used to his normal moveset.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
There was but it's going to merged once the Moveset thread is finished.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
And custom moves are legal?
Most likely, only things holding them back potentially would be if something broken is found or it becomes too difficult to unlock things/set things up for tournaments.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Mega Man's tripping animation is the best thing:

What makes it is that in the actual game, he stays completely still.

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I have got to admit, I really am loving the little Blue Bomber. There's nothing more satisfying to me as well than him throwing a Metal Blade backwards. I don't know what it is, but the animation on him is just perfect.
Bro, I totally feel ya. He looks so arrogant and badass, like, you can't touch this, fo!!

Top Bottom