• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Up-Tilt can be done close enough to a ledge where he just grabs it.

Probably known/useless but it's p cute
It might prove sorta useful, bro.
With good timing or a good read, its Invi-frames could screw ppl over when they try to ledgedrop > DJ attack you.
Shouldn't be too risky since you can get edgehogged either.

sGale

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sGaley
3DS FC
4484-8977-1421
Aight, so I'm having trouble finding a BnB for this guy. I usually try to space with a combination of pellets, MB and Bair, but I just can't see a game-plan yet. What do ya'll do?

NocturnalQuill

Smash Journeyman
I must say, Sakurai stayed very true to the source material. The animations are spot on, his attacks were adapted perfectly, and playing as him makes the game as difficult as Mega Man 2 :troll:

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
If people used the pause glitch on Yellow Devil they're just lying to themselves. :happysheep:

NocturnalQuill

Smash Journeyman
So it's easy and smooth? I agree with you.:yeahboi:
lol. I really wanted to like Mega Man, but he just doesn't feel right to me. Sakurai did an excellent job with his model and animations, but I've had terrible luck with him compared to the other characters in the demo, and I'm not hearing good things from people with the full game.

BBC7

Smash Ace
Aight, so I'm having trouble finding a BnB for this guy. I usually try to space with a combination of pellets, MB and Bair, but I just can't see a game-plan yet. What do ya'll do?
I haven't seen a BnB either, although I have something pretty similar. The damage is pitiful, but you can follow up other moves extremely easily for respectable damage.

Neutral B ~ Down-Forward + Dash Attack(this will pick up the Metal Blade) + Item Throw. Usually does 15% because you'll only end up connecting the DA and the Item Throw.

The only problem is that I don't know if this is actually a combo, but it works against CPU's if that helps. (Maybe not high-level CPU's, they block way too much for any non-throwing combo to be viable.)

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I've seen some good stuff from Mega (see Iggy and NAKAT, as well as a few Japanese smashers). I think he will benefit greatly from not dealing with the circle pad. I hate sometimes smashing when I'm trying to ftilt.

Otherwise I think Mega will be pretty good, but he just needs time.

ADAPT Chance

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Adaptchance
3DS FC
4613-8804-8708
I'm also of the mindset that Mega Man will simply require some time to be viewed as a solid/good character.

Good to see people in the thread/forum are working hard to figure out the best ways to utilize his interesting playstyle.

BBC7

Smash Ace
I really would disregard any super-early tier lists. Just look at how flawed Brawl's first tier list was.

- Dedede, G&W and R.O.B are extremely powerful(C+, C, C- now)
- Donkey Kong is better than Diddy(Diddy is A+ while Donkey is now D)
- Kirby and Lucario are high-tier(Lucario is C+, Kirby is D)
- Olimar and ZSS are mid-tier(Olimar is A+ now, ZSS is B)
- Bowser is mid-tier(F)
- Sonic is horrible(D, not as bad as E or F)
- Zelda is better than Sheik(Zelda is second worst character at F, Sheik is D)
- C. Falcon is worse than Ganon(Ganon is now the worst)
- Peach is worse than Luigi(Peach is C-, Luigi is E.)

Mega Man has way too many tools to realistically be a horrible character. He's probably in Brawl Olimar's situation where no one really knows how to play him and regard him as crap because of it.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
lol. I really wanted to like Mega Man, but he just doesn't feel right to me. Sakurai did an excellent job with his model and animations, but I've had terrible luck with him compared to the other characters in the demo, and I'm not hearing good things from people with the full game.
I don't know, he feels spot on to me. I've used him quite a bit in the demo so far, and it's getting much easier to use him. His moves are tricky, yes, but after a few uses you get the hang of it. Using Mega Man in Smash is like playing a Mega Man game; you can learn how to play them, but you really gotta KNOW how to play them if you expect to get anywhere. That's how I see it, at least.

ADAPT Chance

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Adaptchance
3DS FC
4613-8804-8708
No point investing much thought into tier lists until at least 3 months after the Wii U version is released.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
If I had to be completely honest, I'm ignoring tier lists for the most part. All I care about is learning new things about Mega Man and creating strategies to deal with individual characters. I mean - that's what you do in his games, so I think it would apply the same way here. :p

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
If I had to be completely honest, I'm ignoring tier lists for the most part. All I care about is learning new things about Mega Man and creating strategies to deal with individual characters. I mean - that's what you do in his games, so I think it would apply the same way here. :p
Exactly. Screw tier lists, just figure out how to use Mega Man and the rest will fall into place.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
It's been a long time since this thread started, and I feel there are a lot of new Mega Men on our boards, so Imma bring up and old topic to welcome them:

Who is you favourite Robot Master, and why?

BBC7

Smash Ace
Snake Man
- I think he's the best Robot Master that's based off of a living, non-human thing. I don't really like Wood Man because he's just a tree with a weak weapon to boot, although he has his fanbase. I'm not a part of it. Toad Man is really lame. He has a laughable design, laughable attack pattern, laughably easy level, in a pretty generic MM game overall. Plant Man's a damn plant, and he still has a lame shield weapon. I don't like bee's, so Hornet Man can't be my favorite. Sheep Man sucks.
- I like his music, it's one of the best in a game with an already rich soundtrack.
- His stage is pretty cool.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Hmm... there's this guy <-----
He has the Wheel Cutter, which is my favorite special weapon from MM 10 and makes Mega look seriously awesome,

and you just can't deny the awesomeness of his entry when you fight him.
I have to mention our only female Robot Master,

for having my favorite special weapon in all of classic Mega Man history.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Thanks NAKAT. Next time could you please tell us a little about what was going on in the matches though so that when it's all over and offline we have some reference? :)

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Mostly just playing the demo, but Mega Man's pretty fun to use. Bad? That's debatable. I think it's easy to consider that because let's face it. There's NEVER been a character like Mega Man in the history of Smash. I think time will determine his true placing, along with dedicated mains.

....But I'm a Mega Man scrub and I legitimately have a question: Where EXACTLY is the sweetspot on Hard Knuckle to meteor? ^^;

sGale

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sGaley
3DS FC
4484-8977-1421
You have to hit right in the middle of the knuckle.

EDIT: I was wrong really. Just the front of the knuckle (Under Mega Man)

Last edited:

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
Mine is Enker from MM for Gameboy. :D I love how he has a Melee weapon and takes in energy and shoots it back at MM. As a kid I just thought he was SO cool.

Last edited:

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Tornado Man. His design is awesome to me in general (ohai Harpuia) and the Tornado Blow can send practically anything up into the sky. :)

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Tornado Man. His design is awesome to me in general (ohai Harpuia) and the Tornado Blow can send practically anything up into the sky. :)
It's a shame it can't be used much. It had the potential to be an awesome special weapon like the Air Shooter.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
It's a shame it can't be used much. It had the potential to be an awesome special weapon like the Air Shooter.
I actually prefer it over the Air Shooter, I used it a lot in MM9 (aside from the Wily stages because energy conservation). Only thing I ever used Air Shooter for was to get the Sniper Joes out of their mechs.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I actually prefer it over the Air Shooter, I used it a lot in MM9 (aside from the Wily stages because energy conservation). Only thing I ever used Air Shooter for was to get the Sniper Joes out of their mechs.
Well sure, that was one of the most notable uses, but it was still a good special weapon. I mean, three powerful, forward-moving tornadoes? Yes. I consider it to be Mega Man's best wind-based special weapon, followed by the
Tornado Hold.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Well sure, that was one of the most notable uses, but it was still a good special weapon. I mean, three powerful, forward-moving tornadoes? Yes. I consider it to be Mega Man's best wind-based special weapon, followed by the
Tornado Hold.
Perhaps I don't experiment with the special weapons enough in 2... to be fair, I think I play even MM1 more than 2.

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
I have 3 of them right now :

Just look at his face. I just don't think he can even anymore.

Because he's classic. And his weapon is wayyyyy too strong ( it can OHK him) !

Who called the DISCO UFO ?

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
It's been a long time since this thread started, and I feel there are a lot of new Mega Men on our boards, so Imma bring up and old topic to welcome them:

Sheep Man, because SOMEONE has to love him.

Also, he reminds me of Mareep!

Other than that, Gemini Man I guess.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504

I've only really played MM8, I'm a bigger fan of MMBN/MMSF honestly. That being said, I loved Tengu Man's stage and weapon, so definitely him. I can't wait to see that custom in action too, such hype.

Top Bottom