• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I most definitely am! Alongside Little Mac because I can't quite make up my mind. But definitely me.
I'm on my 2nd Classic marathon this year, MM1, mmw1, MM2, mmw2, MM3, mmw3, MM4, mmw4, mmw5, MM5, MM6, MM7, MMPB1, MM8, MMPB2, MvC, MvC2, MM&B, MM&B2, TvC (as Roll), MM9, MM10, MMxSF
*(currently at)

23 games with Rock in it, as I wait for that 3DS release. T_T October 3rd can't come any sooner.

I'm really happy that I finally have so many playable options of carácter that I LOVE, but Megaman and Little Mac are my favorite.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Out of curiosity, how many of you are seriously thinking about maining/secondary-ing :4megaman:?
I plan on having Mega Man as my main character. He looks fun to use. And he seems really balanced. I don't use Zoners much, but I'm more than willing to fight it out with the Blue Bomber. And how can I say no to the hypest Final Smash in history?

I'm also sticking to Mario and Fox as well. They'll be my top 3.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Out of curiosity, how many of you are seriously thinking about maining/secondary-ing :4megaman:?
I think I might secondary him, depending on who I like most. I have a feeling I might main :4robinf: or :4dedede: before him (the latter because he was my main in Brawl) but :4megaman: is up there.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I honestly could care less about his tier status in the future. I plan to main him regardless, and I've heard plenty of positive things about him.

Also...

This is basically a brand new Mega Man game. :D

iFezZz

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0044-3936-7335
His Zoning will be to strong not to want to main, with half the roster being Zoners and the other half swordsmen, Megaman sits in a good spot.*not back by any facts*

D

Deleted member

Looking back into the chaos that is the speculation scene (especially over the leak roster quite possibly being the final roster), I think a lot of us (and I will admit, so have I) forgot about why we're excited for this new game (or at least, 99% of us who's decisions aren't going to be affected by which further characters (if any) gets in or not).

In our case, considering the likely roster's outcome (at least until DLC) and Sakurai's general hesitant towards adding third-parties, I think it's safe to say that Mega Man's inclusion was a miracle. We fought hard to get Mega Man in SSB 3DS & Wii U and our dreams came true. Along with his amazing game play, it truly makes Mega Man a one of a kind inclusion, even among the many very exciting inclusions made into this game. Undoubtedly the best character decisions to this game if you ask me.

I'll expand more upon how I feel about the roster as well as what we need to do to move on from this later. I'd prefer to make a thread about it as I feel as it's what people need to see.

Also, @ Knight Dude Knight Dude signature is awesome, even took the Mega Man picture as an avatar.

Last edited by a moderator:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I saw some gameplay from PAX.
I must say I am extremely pleased with Megaman's Fsmash attack's range. :3 Covered nearly all of Battlefield's ground from edge to edge.

Jump to 8:23

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Looking back into the chaos that is the speculation scene (especially over the leak roster quite possibly being the final roster), I think a lot of us (and I will admit, so have I) forgot about why we're excited for this new game (or at least, 99% of us who's decisions aren't going to be affected by which further characters (if any) gets in or not).

In our case, considering the likely roster's outcome (at least until DLC) and Sakurai's general hesitant towards adding third-parties, I think it's safe to say that Mega Man's inclusion was a miracle. We fought hard to get Mega Man in SSB 3DS & Wii U and our dreams came true. Along with his amazing game play, it truly makes Mega Man a one of a kind inclusion, even among the many very exciting inclusions made into this game. Undoubtedly the best character decisions to this game if you ask me.

I'll expand more upon how I feel about the roster as well as what we need to do to move on from this later. I'd prefer to make a thread about it as I feel as it's what people need to see.

Also, @ Knight Dude Knight Dude signature is awesome, even took the Mega Man picture as an avatar.
No kidding. He's the only reason I'm caring about this game at all.

D

Deleted member

No kidding. He's the only reason I'm caring about this game at all.
The same can be said for me, although not for the same reason. The reason why I came into the pre-Smash 3DS & Wii U's speculation scene right before E3 2011 was because I wanted Mega Man in Smash more than anything else. It was during the speculation period where I learned a lot about myself, did some crazy things, and where I made my first true friends. I will never forget the crazy ride that was the three years I spent in speculation and Mega Man's inclusion had made the journey worth it for me, even with my mixed opinion on the final roster.

If I hadn't had that fiery passion in Mega Man's inclusion that I did, I probably would have dropped out of the SSB4 speculation scene a short time after E3 2011 and probably not bothered with even getting a Wii U (due to my declining interest in modern video games; SSB 3DS & Wii U just stretched it out a few years).

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
The same can be said for me, although not for the same reason. The reason why I came into the pre-Smash 3DS & Wii U's speculation scene right before E3 2011 was because I wanted Mega Man in Smash more than anything else. It was during the speculation period where I learned a lot about myself, did some crazy things, and where I made my first true friends. I will never forget the crazy ride that was the three years I spent in speculation and Mega Man's inclusion had made the journey worth it for me, even with my mixed opinion on the final roster.

If I hadn't had that fiery passion in Mega Man's inclusion that I did, I probably would have dropped out of the SSB4 speculation scene a short time after E3 2011 and probably not bothered with even getting a Wii U (due to my declining interest in modern video games; SSB 3DS & Wii U just stretched it out a few years).
Believe me, I'm just as happy that MegaMan is in Smash as you are. I've wanted him in since SSBB. MegaMan being here now is just one more reason for me to get the game. But, to be honest, I would've gotten the game anyway regardless of MegaMan's inclusion. SSB is one of my favorite series, and I have no intentions of missing out on any of them.

D

Deleted member

Believe me, I'm just as happy that MegaMan is in Smash as you are. I've wanted him in since SSBB. MegaMan being here now is just one more reason for me to get the game. But, to be honest, I would've gotten the game anyway regardless of MegaMan's inclusion. SSB is one of my favorite series, and I have no intentions of missing out on any of them.
I have no issue with that statement, the vast majority of Smash fans are going to buy the next Smash game regardless of the roster's turnout (so long as characters that sell copies aren't being axed and we have not seen that yet thankfully). Besides, we've dried up the well of individual characters selling copies by themselves back in Brawl. There's not really any characters that can do that this game; not even Mega Man. Given this, it allows Sakurai to experiment more liberally on characters he does want to add in the game and with the exception of late clones (Dr. Mario. Lucina, and Dark Pit), this has been the most unique bunch of newcomers we've ever seen in a Smash game. We're at the point where Smash sells itself just on the name; that's how powerful of a brand it has become.

It's just that I've been wanting to move on from modern video games for a few years. Starting July, 2011, I've began to notice that my interest in recent video games had significantly dwindled, noticing how my Wii and PS3 kept collecting dust despite claiming to want to buy more games and not really wanting to worry about modern entertainment trends (at this point in my life, I only want stuff if I have a strong interest in it as I don't pay attention to commercials on today's product anymore). It was from there when I decided that I would set out a point where I would stop playing modern video games. Since I had hope for Mega Man (and one that meant more to me than anyone else in video game history), it gave me a reason to continue to follow this game and hope for his inclusion. No character confirmation had ever excited me nearly as much as Mega Man and no other character will ever do that again. If I hadn't care for Mega Man as much as I did, I would have long since left the modern game community and would probably be a somewhat different person. You could say that I'm one of the very few people who is buying this game because of a character, but hopefully you understand where I'm coming from.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I have no issue with that statement, the vast majority of Smash fans are going to buy the next Smash game regardless of the roster's turnout (so long as characters that sell copies aren't being axed and we have not seen that yet thankfully). Besides, we've dried up the well of individual characters selling copies by themselves back in Brawl. There's not really any characters that can do that this game; not even Mega Man. Given this, it allows Sakurai to experiment more liberally on characters he does want to add in the game and with the exception of late clones (Dr. Mario. Lucina, and Dark Pit), this has been the most unique bunch of newcomers we've ever seen in a Smash game. We're at the point where Smash sells itself just on the name; that's how powerful of a brand it has become.

It's just that I've been wanting to move on from modern video games for a few years. Starting July, 2011, I've began to notice that my interest in recent video games had significantly dwindled, noticing how my Wii and PS3 kept collecting dust despite claiming to want to buy more games and not really wanting to worry about modern entertainment trends (at this point in my life, I only want stuff if I have a strong interest in it as I don't pay attention to commercials on today's product anymore). It was from there when I decided that I would set out a point where I would stop playing modern video games. Since I had hope for Mega Man (and one that meant more to me than anyone else in video game history), it gave me a reason to continue to follow this game and hope for his inclusion. No character confirmation had ever excited me nearly as much as Mega Man and no other character will ever do that again. If I hadn't care for Mega Man as much as I did, I would have long since left the modern game community and would probably be a somewhat different person. You could say that I'm one of the very few people who is buying this game because of a character, but hopefully you understand where I'm coming from.
I can say the same. While I myself most likely would have gotten the game anyway, Mega Man was really the only thing that made a lasting impact on me. I can't find myself playing modern games anymore. I tend to be more retro despite being from a generation that believes HD graphics and FPS games are what the industry is about. I don't pay attention to very many advertisements, and when I do, I don't really place much interest in them. In fact, Smash Bros. and Mega Man are the only games I really play anymore. Regardless, though, Mega Man also hyped me to a point no other character could achieve. The only other characters I really cared about getting in were Dark Pit and Sonic.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I think I'm feeling right at home here. I too find it hard to play modern day games. But I just aced the through all Megaman classic platformers all the way from the 1st up till SFxMM (including GB, and the Wonderswan), and because I didn't get enough, I'm playing Super Mario Crossover as the Megaman characters and their clones.

Now I'm looking forward to Mighty No.9, and Azure Gunvolt... and last but not least, Mighty Gunvolt which I hope becomes available in the e-Shop for a price later. :( Because I don't have a 3DS and I'd be extremely sad to not be able to play it.

To tell the truth, I got bored of my PS3. I just haven't been able to connect with any character from the Sony line. And the hardcore M rated games just aren't my cup of tea... I'll gladly blast a space pirate with an arm cannon any day of the week, though. Or perform chain bounces on badniks as Sonic in the classic quadrilogy.

The Wii U is going to be my favorite current gen console just like the Wii was last gen. And I'm sticking with that and PC as my gaming devices.

I'm a big Megaman fan, but a Smash Bros fan just as much. Which is why I'm not passing these games up. Heck, they have my favorite roster so far, and alternate costumes to boot.

If I could, I'd buy the N64 version too just so I could sit them all on a shelf, take a picture of all 5 games, and add it as a profile cover. :3

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
A lot of us will continue to get involved in Smash because we expect the series to maintain a particular quality that was established back in the beginning. The characters are just a small part of that.
I hear ya. It seems nowadays I can only get truly excited about Nintendo-related series. I've been playing Nintendo games for years now, and I will most likely continue to do so. There aren't many other developers that can interest me in the modern age, but I still hold on to hope that certain devs make an effort to return to their former glory(I'm looking at you Capcom and Konami). As for the characters, I do have my wants like everybody else, but one character not making it in won't be a deal breaker for me. I fully intend to enjoy the game regardless of the end result. But I kinda agree with you, MegaMan is a reason to be excited for Smash. A small reason for me, but a reason nonetheless. I tend to take all that Smash has to offer, and not isolate particular aspects.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion

I would have gotten the new Smash Bros. regardless of character selection because I love the series too much not to. Mega Man however is the saving grace of the whole thing. He's the only reason I'm here, and the only real reason I've been anticipating the launch of this game for over a year. Looking back, his inclusion was a miracle.

I'm in the same boat in terms of gaming. It's just not really as fun for me as it was. I still enjoy multiplayer games with my friends, but singleplayer stuff just doesn't do it for me anymore.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Without Megaman, I would have only known about Little Mac as my favorite inclusion. And that would at least have piqued my interest to buy a 2DS and SSB3DS.

But Megaman is hype of its own. And these two characters make me want to buy the 2 games. Not to mention, a certain quadruped leaked character as well. And Pacman.

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
Gotta say, it's a true joy being in this thread with all my fellow Mega Man fans. :D

Growing up I was the only big Mega Man fan I knew, and he was the reason I got into videogames in the first place (But, that story is for another thread). I doubt I'll play anyone else in this game! At most, I might switch it up here and there if I can feel my friends becoming annoyed with my Mega Skill, but other than that he'll be my main for sure.

I still very clearly remember the moment he got announced. I'll never forget it, it's one of those moments that will stick with me until the day I die. The Nintendo Direct was killing the interwebs and the stream was super choppy. On my screen I saw a still frame of Mega Man, but only for a split second. I remember sitting there, motionless, all my hopes and dreams realized and ALL my excitement sat internalized. (Which is weird for me, I'm usually the one in the movie theatres screaming at the screen, for example. :p). Later I found an upload of the full Direct and I watched the entirety of the reveal of my main man, my eyes in tears. Some of the happiest tears in my life.

...After this I obviously freaked out on Facebook. I mean, duh. :D

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Yeah, it's great to have so many Megaman fans around. :) Sure, there's the Capcom Unity boards, but I don't really like Capcom all that much, so it's great to find fans here!
I don't discuss a lot of Megaman on a daily basis. :(

Stuff like... for example, yesterday I was watching the Ruby Spears series, and I stumbled upon an episode which shared an extremely similar plot to Megaman 10. Only instead of Roboenza, it was a virus that turned robots into cavemen-robots. (Not only that, but when Megaman caught the virus, Roll did the EXACT same thing as in the game, so that Megaman could stop Wily. Heck, I think even the same dialogue was used!)

Sometimes I wonder if they use other media to gain inspiration to their plots.

Sorry, I just HAD to share it with someone. :X

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I play MM1 a lot.

Oh hush, you guys know you want me to look over this board come release. :smirk:
But Wahwee made those places, of course he knows :troll:

Wahwee gotta look over this board to recognize anti Mega Man strategies, gotta get that world domination yo :seuss:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Minor detail, but according to the Famitsu scans, the Final Smash is called 'Rockman Special'.
Don't care, I'm still calling it "Super Fighting Robot."

Just like Villager's FS being the "Build-a-Bear Combo."

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I really do love Mega's alts. I felt like my childhood rushed back to me, haha.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
And I return!

......to see that a lot has changed! And can someone point me to where ever that Megaman Sprite rip (the one I'm seeing in sigs and avatars) came from? I remember someone did something like that for Brawl and it was one of the most awesome things ever.

And to answer a previous question, yeah, I'm totally maining the Mega!

Last edited:

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I still think he looks really pretty good. He can glide toss Metal Blade, use Crash Bombs (though very situationally) on himself to blow up and Rush Coil once more, and just overall seems fun and effective. Obviously time will tell, but, I have a hard time seeing the little guy be lower than mid, I suppose.

I'd use him if he were the worst anyway, though.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Mega Man in Smash is the very definition of fun. Holy crap <3

Top Bottom