• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I personally don't care for that model (let's see the Wii U version), but I will give it credit as it is the first 3D model of Wily since Powered Up.

Either way, Ariga's Wily is still the best. :shades:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
I personally don't care for that model (let's see the Wii U version), but I will give it credit as it is the first 3D model of Wily since Powered Up.

Ariga's Wily is best in terms of personality too. Love him in the Battle & Chase story.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Well, yeah, that Wily has some sick shades. I liked the design for Megaman in that series too. Still loyal to the original design, but unique enough on it's own.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I plan to buy all the Megamix/Gigamix volumes eventually. At the moment I just have Gigamix 2 and 3.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I've got them all, and they're well worth the investment. I especially love the Battle & Chase story in Gigamix 1.
Gigamix 1 has B&C? Dang, I want that even more. I feel Battle & Chase is a really underrated racing game.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
It is. I really enjoy it, and would absolutely love a sequel.
Knowing Capcom, we won't be getting anything anytime soon. I would really like a sequel though, now that I think about it. Everyone wants a MM11 or X9 (personally I lean more towards X9, the X series's been neglected since like 2006), yet noone ever thought of B&C2. Heck, maybe we'll even get a Mega Man Soccer 2 :laugh:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Knowing Capcom, we won't be getting anything anytime soon. I would really like a sequel though, now that I think about it. Everyone wants a MM11 or X9 (personally I lean more towards X9, the X series's been neglected since like 2006), yet noone ever thought of B&C2. Heck, maybe we'll even get a Mega Man Soccer 2 :laugh:
I'd play a second Battle and Chase too. Though I'd punch someone in the face if to get Megaman X 9. That game would be so sick.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Gameplay wise, I'd agree. Though graphics wise, I wouldn't mind seeing something in a similar style to the newest Strider game. That would fit Megaman very well.
True, true. I just feel that it'd be nice to go back to the roots similar to MM9 and 10.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So long as it has fun weapons and good level design, they can make it whatever style they want. Granted there are differences, as larger sprites aren't as tight as smaller ones, but graphics don't make the game. I still hate myself for getting caught up on blindly hating MM7-8 when I started to get into/learn about the series.

Though MMX9 being 16 bit is a must IMO.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
So long as it has fun weapons and good level design, they can make it whatever style they want. Granted there are differences, as larger sprites aren't as tight as smaller ones, but graphics don't make the game. I still hate myself for getting caught up on blindly hating MM7-8 when I started to get into/learn about the series.

Though MMX9 being 16 bit is a must IMO.
Agreed wholeheartedly. I used to dislike 7, but after replaying it a few times I formed a more positive opinion on it, and it is now one of my favorites. I still dislike 8, but I have actual reasons for that lol.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I also hated the 16/32 bit classic Megaman titles. But after playing them a 2nd time, and then a 3rd time, my view of them changed.

I particularly like MM8 best, even if it falls down into the very easy category. The level of graphic detail put into MM8 is undeniable. I really wish it had more extras because the game can be a bit short compared to its contemporary X counterparts.

I bought MM8 through Amazon two years ago because I wanted to play anything Megaman on my PS3.
The only weak link I see in MM8 is the music, but at least it can be soothing!

As for MM7, I respect it so much more now. It had a pivotal role in MM's character, and the game itself was outside the usual happier tone other classic MM titles offered. For me, it's the black sheep of the classic games (not counting R&F2 on wonderswan) but I like it even more for it.

MM&B is special. I have mixed feelings on it, but it's still very enjoyable. The ammount of ablities the game offers can keep me entertained for a long while.

But as far as replay value goes, MM10 hands down. I hope nothing less than MM10 replay value if they ever make a new entry in the classic series. :D

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I also hated the 16/32 bit classic Megaman titles. But after playing them a 2nd time, and then a 3rd time, my view of them changed.

I particularly like MM8 best, even if it falls down into the very easy category. The level of graphic detail put into MM8 is undeniable. I really wish it had more extras because the game can be a bit short compared to its contemporary X counterparts.

I bought MM8 through Amazon two years ago because I wanted to play anything Megaman on my PS3.
The only weak link I see in MM8 is the music, but at least it can be soothing!

As for MM7, I respect it so much more now. It had a pivotal role in MM's character, and the game itself was outside the usual happier tone other classic MM titles offered. For me, it's the black sheep of the classic games (not counting R&F2 on wonderswan) but I like it even more for it.

MM&B is special. I have mixed feelings on it, but it's still very enjoyable. The ammount of ablities the game offers can keep me entertained for a long while.

But as far as replay value goes, MM10 hands down. I hope nothing less than MM10 replay value if they ever make a new entry in the classic series. :D
I really liked Megaman and Bass. The weapons are pretty fun to use, The Lighting Bolt, Flamethrower, Ice Wall and Copy Vision were my favorites. And for a Super Nintendo game, it looks very, very good. All of the extras you can buy and find are cool too. Megaman and Bass' soundtrack is a little underrated though.

LaughingLuigi

Smash Apprentice

"Pic of the day. Here's Beat! And Plant Barrier!! These are some of Mega Man's custom special moves. You might also be able to use some signature boss-like moves from the Mega Man series, too.

Two of Mega Man's Custom moves have been revealed!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Plant Barrier? Why I am suddenly remembering this post from more than a year ago? :laugh:

Cocaine is a hell of a drug, huh Wily? ¦D
It certainly is. Woke up one morning to discover I had built this:

Don't even get me started on what drove me to build Plant Man. :facepalm:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Plant Barrier? Why I am suddenly remembering this post from more than a year ago? :laugh:
Good god, that made me laugh more than it should have. In hindsight, I dunno what even possessed me to say that in the first place. Darn it, "Past Me". XD

Tis a good reminder of why you're a swell fellow though, Wily. ¦D

Z1GMA

Smash Hero

"Pic of the day. Here's Beat! And Plant Barrier!! These are some of Mega Man's custom special moves. You might also be able to use some signature boss-like moves from the Mega Man series, too.

As awesome as this is, those leafs look like they were player-custom-painted.

D

Deleted member

So, I have enough money on my eShop acount to buy a NES Mega Man game for my 3DS.

From the 6 first Mega Man games besides the 2nd, which one would you advise me ?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Megaman 1 if you want a challenge.
Megaman 3 if you want to have a lot of fun.
Megaman 6 if you want something complex.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000

I think Beat should have been his recovery move to begin with.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Sooo, anybody hear the rumors of a Mighty No. 9 and Azure Striker Gunvolt crossover?
Completely true.
http://gunvolt.com/mighty/index.html

It's some kinda 8-bit platformer based on Megaman, and it looks like it's a promotional bonus for buying Gunvolt. Check out the new Gunvolt trailer if you want to see Mighty Gunvolt in action.

(BTW the girl is from an old game Inti made, Gal*gun.)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I don't want to be that guy, but I feel it's super early for Mighty to make so many crossovers. I mean first NG Yaiba, and now Gunvolt.
Then again.. it's promotional, and it's a different way to go about it (usually game first, crossover later) so I don't mind it much.

-

Updating my list of Top 10 favorite MM games:

MegaMan 10
MegaMan 9
MegaMan World 5
MegaMan 3
MegaMan 2
Megaman X5
Megaman X
Megaman 8
Megaman ZX
Megaman Xtreme 2
---

I'd love to talk about SSB4 Megaman so much. I really can't wait to see the rest of his custom moves. I'm really crossing my finger for the other Custom Up+B to be Rush Jet Adaptor. :3

I'd also like to see a move from either Megaman World 5, and Megaman & Bass.
And footage from a For Glory match as Megaman would be cool to have soon.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Am I the only one who really wants Astro Crush as a custom move?

Charizard can't use Draco meteor so why not

But seriously, it's probably my favorite attack in MM8, not to mention among my series favorites.

Even if he summons 1 meteor, I don't care. Just bring my nostalgia back.

Duo should have been the assist trophy :crying:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Out of curiosity, how many of you are seriously thinking about maining/secondary-ing :4megaman:?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Out of curiosity, how many of you are seriously thinking about maining/secondary-ing :4megaman:?
Maybe, for fun.

I'm interested in his custom moveset. Maybe see how much they took from Mega Man 8 :]

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Along with Wario, he'll be my #1 guy. My favorite game character ever, and the protagonist of my favorite game franchise ever in the same game? Dream come true,

Top Bottom