• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just downloaded the latest version of Mega Man: 8 Bit Deathmatch. Am not as impressed as the previous update (though it's hard not to be, given it was more of a revamp due to Powered Up! content), but all the new content (stages/weapons/items/skins/bosses) from MM&B and surprisingly, The Wily Wars, older stages that have been given needed revamps, and balance adjustments are all awesome.

Would definitely recommend downloading if you're a MM fan and you haven't already. They've already confirmed that there will be at least two more updates for 9&10, and potentially one for V, so there's even more stuff to look forward to in the future.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
--- said:
Just downloaded the latest version of Mega Man: 8 Bit Deathmatch. Am not as impressed as the previous update (though it's hard not to be, given it was more of a revamp due to Powered Up! content), but all the new content (stages/weapons/items/skins/bosses) from MM&B and surprisingly, The Wily Wars, older stages that have been given needed revamps, and balance adjustments are all awesome.

Would definitely recommend downloading if you're a MM fan and you haven't already. They've already confirmed that there will be at least two more updates for 9&10, and potentially one for V, so there's even more stuff to look forward to in the future.
Is that the doom clone?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Is that the doom clone?
Yeah, though I'd say it has enough going for it to be considered, in Smash terms, a semi-clone. It's worth checking out alone to see stages and weapons are rendered in 3D, and seeing MM7-8/Bass/WW/PU being rendered in 8bit with some nice chiptunes.

Playing through the new campaign chapter, the bosses are the only real downside. They're hard as **** and most of them require luck more so than knowing how to dodge their attacks. Hyper Storm H is kicking my *** right now.

Neo Zero

Alas guys, Mega May is officially over with the release of Mega Man Xtreme 2. But when one month ends, a new one begins, and next month is E3 month. Perhaps Mega May is a sign of very good things to come.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Alas guys, Mega May is officially over with the release of Mega Man Xtreme 2. But when one month ends, a new one begins, and next month is E3 month. Perhaps Mega May is a sign of very good things to come.
I would hope so. I'd be cool with seeing a new Classic Megaman game on 3DS. Sort of like A Link Between Worlds and the like. Hell, a console game would be even better. But I'd be a little more interested in a Megaman X game myself. Since it's my favorite series gameplay wise. But at the very least, we've got Mighty No. 09. And that's made by the dude who pretty much made Megaman.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I would hope that we get at least some sort of new game announcement at E3. I know people have been asking for Mega Man X9 for a while now, but at this point I'd settle for a hard-copy completion of MM9&10 (I hate download only).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I would hope that we get at least some sort of new game announcement at E3. I know people have been asking for Mega Man X9 for a while now, but at this point I'd settle for a hard-copy completion of MM9&10 (I hate download only).
I remember hearing something about that. Nothing super official though. I think some guy at Capcom USA mentioned how he thought making a new Classic Megaman collection would be cool. I can see them adding 1-8 again. But they can throw in 9 and 10, and Megaman and Bass.

Maybe they can add the Megaman 1 remake and those arcade games too.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
The irony when I read the description for Megaman 10 on the PSN.

"Experience the ONGOING adventures of the blue bomber..."
Real deal: Expeience the FINAL adventure of the blue bomber.

Oh well.. at least for me, the series had a great finale. The story could have been better, but the rest was worth the closure.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

To be fair, the Dead Rising series has had plenty of Mega Man references, but some new ones I noticed was a remix of Central Highway, and a Sigma costume.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well, in case anyone wanted to know, Megaman's color swaps so far are Blue/Cyan(obviously), Green/White, Red/White, and Brown/Yellow. I don't think any others were shown off yet though.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Anyone know what his victory theme is? I could never hear it properly because of talking.
It's a section of the MM2 main theme.

The Robot Master Selected theme from the original trailer is actually apart of a MM2 Medley (RM Selected, MM2 Main Theme, Get Weapon, Wily's Castle 1/2). You can hear it in full during one of the Treehouse's run of Smash Run, and it's amazing.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Well, in case anyone wanted to know, Megaman's color swaps so far are Blue/Cyan(obviously), Green/White, Red/White, and Brown/Yellow. I don't think any others were shown off yet though.
Red/white and green/white looks sick.
I was hoping for the green/white one to be included. So blue.. I mean beast!
Give us purple/white (or purple/light pink) too, and I'm more than satisfied.

Last edited:

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I know this is off-topic but is anyone here interested in joining a Skype group for Mega Man fans?

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I'm personally okay with that, because I do plan on using Mega Man no matter how he holds up in the new game (I mean, I used Ness in Melee so yeah, haha).

It's funny, because when I went to Japan I went to Capcom, and there wasn't a Mega Man...anything, in sight either. The building was so boring compared to Nintendo's buildings. It felt so wrong.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm personally okay with that, because I do plan on using Mega Man no matter how he holds up in the new game (I mean, I used Ness in Melee so yeah, haha).

It's funny, because when I went to Japan I went to Capcom, and there wasn't a Mega Man...anything, in sight either. The building was so boring compared to Nintendo's buildings. It felt so wrong.
Was there anything memorabilia of other series? Or was the whole building just plain? Either way, I guess it wouldn't have to be that big of a deal, just a disappointment.

I'm starting to look forward to Mighty Number 9 more and more. Maybe that has to do with it's gameplay being a bit more similar to Megaman X, what with the dashing and everything. Now that I think of it, when ever I get some extra cash, I was planning on getting some of the E-Shop Megaman games.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Even though I supported the Kickstarter ($20 to get a copy of the game), I'm not that interested in following the news, other than gameplay footage.
It might be absolute faith in the team, and/or maybe it's just that I prefer MM's design over M#9's.
Still, I know I'll love the game once it's out.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Was there anything memorabilia of other series? Or was the whole building just plain? Either way, I guess it wouldn't have to be that big of a deal, just a disappointment.
I can't really remember seeing anything, honestly. I remember going to Nintendo of America though when I was 16 and seeing a marble Mario statue, so I suppose it just confused me as to why the building was so plain on the inside (the lack of Mega Man really shouldn't have surprised me, though.)

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
So, the best buy demo confirmed mega mans (and interestingly, Little macs?) Walljump. Hooray!
Also nobody seems to be using his specials well from what i've been seeing.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Uses direct audio from the game, can hear the MM2 Medley and his Victory Theme in full.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Uses direct audio from the game, can hear the MM2 Medley and his Victory Theme in full.
Holy crap. That full theme is awesome. Kind of strange that the Crash Bomb blows up instantly on Smash Run enemies. Smash Run does look pretty fun though. I hope that in a later build of the game they'll give Megaman's Charge Shot more range.

kylexv

Smash Master
If Microsoft or Sony buys Capcom......
Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Mega Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan :(

Then Mega Man won't be in Smash 5. Hoping this doesn't happen.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
If Microsoft or Sony buys Capcom......
Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Mega Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan :(

Then Mega Man won't be in Smash 5. Hoping this doesn't happen.
Microsoft can't buy Capcom because Japan doesn't allow US companies to buy Japanese companies. Sony and Nintendo are the only ones right off the top of my head that can buy Capcom.

Nintendo!!

Neo Zero

Just a heads up, if anyone wants to take over either the Mega Man moveset thread or the Image thread, let me know and I'll hook you up.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
MORE range on his Fsmash? that's outrageous, it's already massive.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Nintendo. NOW IS THE TIME. You MUST buy Mega Man! PLEASE!!

Also, that person playing Smash Run was having a really bad time of it. And yet I couldn't stop watching, because the music was too good.

I didn't actually know Smash Run picked music based on the character you're playing. That's pretty ****in' neat.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Call me Captain Obvious, if you like, but I just want to say that the footage we've seen of MM's gameplay so far, says very little about how his metagame-playstyle will be like in the final product.

psst... I hope they'll let him keep his crazy Grab Range.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
psst... I hope they'll let him keep his crazy Grab Range.
I would hope so. He fares poorly in close-quarters, since he trades three of his ground normals for projectiles. Would be awful if they made his play style too extreme and gave him no tools to deal with pressure.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Anyone play MK8? What's yr favourite setup?

I usally go Iggy with Circuit Special and Cyber Slick. + flower

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Anyone play MK8? What's yr favourite setup?

I usally go Iggy with Circuit Special and Cyber Slick. + flower

This is the only Kart Racing game for me

In all seriousness, Ludwig, but haven't picked a final set up yet....also this game wasn't to shabby lol.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I just found a fangame i had been searching for after seeing mega man's final smash.
aren't the similarities to this and rock's Final smash really uncanny? (the attack itself is at 4:15)
It's apparently even made by a person on the site that was called "mega man for smash bros".
This video came out in 09'

Last edited:
Top Bottom