• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brewin up some Brawl 2: MLG prep | Markham, Ontario, Canada | May 22nd, 2010

Hells

Smash Apprentice
this time i hope it will be a brawl player who house us atleast we wont feel bad to play brawl in front of a melee player >_>

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
hmm i bet you were in my pool in last tourney lol? tbh i dont see pirate ship that broken if picto chat is in the cp choice
Lol, not quite. I was the guy with he purple jays hat, we were shooting the **** for awhile. You seemed so proud of your edge-camping strtegy till i asked what the difference was between that and planking:po

On topic, I MIGHT have housing for MTL the saturday night, definitely not friday though. How many are you?

Hells

Smash Apprentice
Lol, not quite. I was the guy with he purple jays hat, we were shooting the **** for awhile. You seemed so proud of your edge-camping strtegy till i asked what the difference was between that and planking:po

On topic, I MIGHT have housing for MTL the saturday night, definitely not friday though. How many are you?
ahah oh yea i remember you now, for the housing idk how many we are cuz we are taking a bus so id say over 5

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
ditch rock paper scissors and haz maylay.

wait... rock paper scissors actually sounds pretty intense...

...ditch brawl+ fo' maylay

Rikana

Smash Champion
melee event i think is happening on 15th, i guess the thread isnt up yet. as for side events, i dont think there'll be any till we get this thing running more efficiently. i'll definately have a ssf4 setup again though, and maybe soul calibur 4 for anyone interested :p

i'll see if i can house anybody. could be tricky to convince the parents, but i usually have my way with them. the recent burglary at the venue two days ago though might spark up some trust issues with them though.

btw someone left a brawl disc case at the venue last time. whoever it was, want it back?
15th is way too soon. I'm 100% sure I can't make it. Its best to move the Melee event to another day since this is too short of a notice if you were to make a topic about it right now. I don't think you'll get many people that will participate since its only about a week away.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Ummmm....

I'm sorry, what?

10canwenotusefullMLGrulesetforthislocaltourneyplz & thankyou's
thats ok, we wont use the full MLG ruleset

15th is way too soon. I'm 100% sure I can't make it. Its best to move the Melee event to another day since this is too short of a notice if you were to make a topic about it right now. I don't think you'll get many people that will participate since its only about a week away.
well this week is brawl, and next week is anime north, bad day, maybe the week after, you can come

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, with the mlg ruleset (I wish I could make a ****ing poll)

it isn't final, i can change it to an SBR certified ruleset if everyone (or most people) really want it to be changed. I thought it would be a neat Idea though to have mlg "come to us" in the form of a tourney using their ruleset. but yeah, up to you gys really.

Patches

Smash Master
I'mma try to come down to this, I make no promises. Simply because my tattoo is like, a week later and thats looking at like $250 right now. sooo, yeah. Put me down as maybe, and if I do come, I'll bring my Wii.

Ps. I left my power bar at the tournament tin man.

Pss. Wtf @ stages.

swordgard

Smash Hero
I am surprised people go wtf at stage list and not at the obvious inconsistent banning of infinites.

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
I would REALLY enjoy if we had some crews.... quebec vs ontario. If we have time of course.lol

any suggestions on the..... WHO vs WHO???

PND

Smash Champion
btw someone left a brawl disc case at the venue last time. whoever it was, want it back?

Oh snaps, that was me. I have no idea when I'll be around that area next though :(

I'mma try to come down to this, I make no promises. Simply because my tattoo is like, a week later and thats looking at like $250 right now. sooo, yeah. Put me down as maybe, and if I do come, I'll bring my Wii.

Ps. I left my power bar at the tournament tin man.

Pss. Wtf @ stages.

Why didn't you tell me about your tattoo? I have sweet tattoos! Details plz :)

.Marik

is a social misfit
What date is Anime North again?

Also, how many of you are actually going?

KingAce

Smash Ace
I dont actually know if i can come out to this yet but if im able to, does anyone have free space in their car thats going to this event from saugaÉ

Hype

Smash Lord
So I want some mms at this thing

Holy, $5 MK ditto that we didn't get last time?
other quebec people?
anyone else?

Also, I willing to do some mms with my Falco, since it's gotten a lot better, but if you want my best play my MK.

Edit: no Falco vs IC's that match up hurts my hands too much.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I'll try to be at this one, could really use the MLG ruleset prep.

Can't make any promises though, busy with so much stuff right now.

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
What date is Anime North again?

Also, how many of you are actually going?
Anime North is May 28-30.

If your referring about Anime North then yeah I'm definitely going to that again.

------

I may come to the tournament, depends. I'll be handing in my 2 weeks notice to my current job soon and be switching over to a day job, so as long as nothing is happening on that day work wise I'll come down.

Douhneill

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Douhneill
I don't think I'll be able to make it. but on the off chance that my parents give me another day off from being grounded from video games, I will be there with my full setup (and B+, and bBrawl, if anyone's interested, as well as my Smash 64 install).

Also, Swordgard, I've been trying to find out about that video capturing device I hear was yours. could you PM me about it? cuz I can't find anything remotely similar.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Confirm me...
Also, I'll bring my wii. Probably... (If there are more confirmed wii's than tvs I probably won't bring it though)
I highly suggest against not bringing your Wii if the Wii count exceeds the TV count. Very dumb decision, we need every piece of equipment we can get. Confirm your Wii for me please.

I would LOVE to come to this......... but I would prefer if the one in charge would choose the starter and CP stages a little more intelligently.... not to be offensive.lol The chances I go are still high though.
Its the MLG ruleset, supposed to be for MLG preparation and to bring MLG to Toronto for those who can't reach Ohio.

Considering this is supposed to be MLG practice lol, the stage list make sense but I dont think a lot of people from Canada are going to MLG tbh so whatever doesn't matter anyway I'm using MK so I'm immune to the stages. Montreal coming again probably, Tinman could you ask for housing in advance for Friday and Saturday please :)
who is the Montreal crew this time? You, Ally, Hells, GUARD, Swordgard, King Kong, Terra, nvm?

this would be much appreciated, can you house the quebeckers on Saturday night?

Hells

Smash Apprentice
today we do a smashfest i think we might find out around how many are coming

Top Bottom