• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawlplusery Official Codeset 5.0 RC1 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt4300

Smash Ace
Yea, Bowser definetly needs toned down. U throw is stupid.
Just uthrow @_@ I need me some good bowser!

Give it less base and some actual growth so at low percents it can be used for like utilts and SH uairs and mid high percents it can be used for what it is right now (nairs, fairs, usmash ect) Eventually at high to kill percents it stops comboing into anything unless there stupid enough to get hit by a uair out of hitstun.

Meh.. I'm sure your not gonna **** him cape. :laugh:

Its funny some say that hes still bad, and Ive actually fought others that say hes borderline OP... but none complain about him anymore (lol progenia or w/e his name is)

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Holy crap, I hadn't seriously played with Bowser to find out what makes him OP. Aside from uthrow anyway?

And since Drill Rush doesn't autosnap anymore, can it be restored in its other nerfed areas?

shanus

Smash Hero
Has anyone actually tested this to make sure you can't autosnap by tapping down? Because if you still can, then it is still the safest recovery move in the game.
Since it was done in PSA, you cannot.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
If you DI Bowser's up throw, it's nearly impossible for him to combo off of it.

As a Jigglypuff player, I find it very easy to avoid combos in general..but yeah, maybe that's just me..

Rudra

Smash Ace
I thought one could DI up+away and then jump after Uthrow before he follows up with Fair.
Though I guess that means that he might be able to mix it up with Uair too if that action is read.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
the thing is that he can't true combo off of it, especially with cape's lower hitstun constant.

the bad thing about bowser's up throw is that it is mindgame secks.

basically you're just flung into the air, waiting for bowser to **** your airdodge/counter tactics.

D

Deleted member

If you DI Bowser's up throw, it's nearly impossible for him to combo off of it.

As a Jigglypuff player, I find it very easy to avoid combos in general..but yeah, maybe that's just me..
it's just you. I tested tons of DIs and you can somewhat avoid upthrow upair but you can't avoid upthrow fair which is still a very reliable finisher given his grab range.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Um no....I can avoid up throw fair....there's not enough hitstun for him to full hop, maybe even have to double jump, and then fair all while trying to predict my DI.

I can DI, wobble, and jump away before he can do anything.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Why would you wobble before you jump? >_>

Bowser had guaranteed uthrow combos on Jiggs in the last build, and he probably has them here too.

I'll go verify.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Unless the hitstun reduction is THAT much, Boozer Uthrow combos should still be there.
He had gauranteed combos regardless of DI in the last set, with the most optimal DI still landing you in a Fair. Maybe Jiggly can get away now with reduced hitstun but I would doubt other characters not blessed with her resistance to combos can.

Again regarding MK, what do people actually think about a reworked Tornado that can actually be used? My suggestion earlier was transcendent priority and smaller hitboxes with less horrid endlag so its at least safe on hit. Keep the no rise, and take out weight dependant KB so it affects characters equally.
And since people would whine about the Tornado getting anything you would probably have to go more tradeoff... Give Dair a not lolrape angle or something? Giving Dair an angle like 150 or 160 seemed to work well when I tried it out. I only recently picked up MK but I found myself working more for my gimps but in a good way. It sends mostly horizontal still making it a great gimp tool, but popping slightly up gives most characters a chance of still recovering. When I messed with it, I had to Dair and then continue to chase with a Fair or second Dair. Less "lolidairedugodie" and more effort into gimps, and a Tornado you can actually use but that's much easier to be hit out of.
I've been using MK for a few weeks and the two things I can't stand is how retardedly good Dair has continued to be (practically instagimp on a lot of characters) and how terrible Tornado is. My thoughts at least.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
because windboxes are the boxes of the future:

make the tornado be a giant windbox

that shoots out ice cars

that makes you wanna wiz truck at ur controller

obv

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Make MK's tornado send you to Oz with your dog Toto

Go on, do it

proteininja

Smash Journeyman
You guys have no idea what to do for Bowser. Cape is the only person I have ever heard say anything intelligent about him, and its because he plays him regularly.

proteininja

Smash Journeyman
I didnt ask for him to be changed. I was just commenting on the fact that people were arguing over simple facts and wanted to make changes based on the idea that bowser's up throw is a guaranteed combo in every situation. Which it isn't. I like the current nightly build. However NADT kind of sucks for bowser as he doesn't have any consistent combo breakers in the air. Neutral air is good but only if you have enough time for the hitbox to come out, but his new physics make it bareable. In the official I think he is good too, but pretty much the only character I play against is Captain Falcon, so for me to think bowser is good means he is probably OP.

Edit: actually there is a change I would like. Invincibility and Windboxes on his neutral air, forwrd smash, neutral b, and every other move. Just make it so he is really slow. It will be balanced.

Psychofox

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2681-0374-2022
I have a question about this new version. I've updated to it via both the .exe file downloaded on the plus site as well as on an app downloaded with the homebrew browser. I am unsure if this is intentional but I don't seem to have any form of aerial autocancelling. It's been used in all of the other brawl+ versions and I'm just wondering if it was taken out or if for some reason I possibly have a file on my SD preventing it (does being SDHC possibly do anything?) I've used my SDHC for all homebrew stuff and its all worked fine...

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
The only problem with SDHC is that it Brawl isn't programmed to read files off of an SDHC card, only a regular SD card (less than 3GB).

5.0 moved to using Project SA (PSA) which means it has to load files off of the SD card via Brawl, and it can't because it's trying to read an SDHC card.

Sorry to say you're gonna have to get a 2gb SD card or less =\

Psychofox

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2681-0374-2022
No problem, I already have one. It is just weird because I haven't encountered a problem before. I've run brawl+ off of my 8 gig all the time. So do you think that is why the auto-cancelling isn't working?

Thanks for your help :)

Phoenix~Lament

Smash Ace
I miss Toon Link's arrowcancel. :C

Darn gravity/falling speed :\ It's a double-edged sword, especially for TL.

It would be awesome if you guys could consider speeding up aerial attack or bomb-pulling animations so there'd be a few frames left over, which TL's could use to arrow cancel.

Of course, there'd be balance issues. Aerials with arrowcancels may or may not be trivial - it's hard to judge in Brawl+. But shorthop->bomb pull->arrow cancel, that's not gamebreaking.

Thanks for considering :p

Valuno

Smash Apprentice
You can still arrow cancel TL's fair, nair, and sh bomb pull, it's just a bit harder.

Phoenix~Lament

Smash Ace
Oh, ****, I'm an idiot. Thanks haha

Edit: Arrow cancel boomerang and arrow? shda? wowwww

it's not like I have really slow fingers since I can hold my own in melee - weird how I missed all this o.o

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
ok, im sure this has been brought up, but is it possible to bring back melee stytle ledge tecks?

with auto snap gone and no ledge teching, were back to 64 style overpowered ledges.

the recoverer is at a HUGE disadvantage with out the ledge tech to counter the defenders attacks.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Recoverers aren't really at that much of a disadvantage (at least, nowhere near Melee) considering that recoveries in general are really good, some moves still autosweetspot, and the ledge grab range is huge.

But yeah, ledgeteching will be a nice addition.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
Is there a reason why the game freezes shortly after I select Marth?

I have my textures present in the pf folder, i don't have an edited common5.pac, and i have a PSA pac on him, but all i've done was make a sword trail for his movements.

I haven't noticed any other freezing moments in the game however, even with other edited motionetc.pac

Alphatron

Smash Champion
^It's the motionetc. I believe .Fade had this problem too with Sheik.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
nono i only got a FitMarth.pac, no "FitMarthMotionetc.pac" is on my SD card.

the MotionEtc i pointed out was on Captain falcon, I played around with taunts, made his uTaunt that of Olimar's. it was kinda dumb looking but nevertheless no freezing of any kind from it.

also, what's this buffer scale do exactly? the higher i set it the more time i have to input another move during the animation of a previous move?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom