• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

Revven

FrankerZ
That Ridley stage is so ****ing epic. I don't care if he doesn't animate, it is SO SICK. If you COULD get him to animate throughout the whole stage that would just be a bonus to me.

I would totally use the stage expansion stuff PW made JUST for that stage alone. rofl.

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
Mediafire.com is pretty awesome and it doesn't require an account.
Ah thank you.

Here it is: Ridley Destination

EDIT: By the way, this is the version without the animation. If anyone wants to work off of what I had, tell me. (I had it so his tail swung back and fourth and the wings flapped in the wind and his limbs and head made minor movements.)

Revven

FrankerZ
Next mission KuroBit is to finally have Meta Knight destination. :p

Edit: Nevermind MK Destination, get your *** onto Mewtwo Destination using his trophy model! :@

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Just tried it, it's pretty awesome. It's a shame that it has the same Collision data, although I can't imagine the amount of time it would take to change that.

Though, the FD ledges of death are now invisible FD Ledges of death. D:

Razanak7

Smash Ace
I just attempted to switch Marth's B glow with Charizard for a moveset I'm making. The model worked in-game, aside from a few bones not being positioned right, so the only big problem is he randomly uses Marth's hair for a texture. I replaced eff_marth_shieldbreak_flare with FitPokeLizardon00, but it still uses the wrong texture.

One more thing: can you remove polygons? I've tried deleting them, but it makes no difference in-game. I REALLY need this for the aforementioned moveset.

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
Just downloaded ridley destination.
Ridley doesn't show up.
I'm fighting on nothing.
This is odd... Have you tried playing a few times? One time the game crashed on me for no reason (and I even played on the level right before)...

Also, it's not possible to manually edit the collision data yet right? Or did I miss that?

EDIT: For anyone who missed my edit on the last page:
By the way, this is the version without the animation. If anyone wants to work off of what I had, tell me. (I had it so his tail swung back and fourth and the wings flapped in the wind and his limbs and head made minor movements.)
EDIT 2: A picture is better than a description:

LopTank

Smash Rookie
I tried searching the forum and going through about 30 pages, so I figured it may be easier to ask: Anyone know how to fix this problem? I'm simply trying to export sounds from smashbros_sound.brsar, but it's giving this error:
"The volume for this file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800703EE)."

I'm not working from any external drives, and I'm thinking that it must be some sort of file corruption or truncation.

If this is commonly known problem, please excuse my ignorance. I don't lurk enough.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I tried searching the forum and going through about 30 pages, so I figured it may be easier to ask: Anyone know how to fix this problem? I'm simply trying to export sounds from smashbros_sound.brsar, but it's giving this error:
"The volume for this file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800703EE)."

I'm not working from any external drives, and I'm thinking that it must be some sort of file corruption or truncation.

If this is commonly known problem, please excuse my ignorance. I don't lurk enough.
You can't export some files, I guess sound is one of them. I wouldn't know because I only fool with models and textures :U

LopTank

Smash Rookie
You can't export some files, I guess sound is one of them. I wouldn't know because I only fool with models and textures :U
Ah, that's a bummer. I hope there will be support for them soon enough. If you're right, thanks for the tip. If you're wrong, then thanks anyways ;p

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
So, your animation does not loop, is that correct? That's a bummer
No, but I think to fix that, I'd need to set the space background to have the same number of animations as Ridley... I could probably do that by swapping the background out with something else... But what?...

EDIT: Oh and I PM'd you the animation.

Untouch

Smash Master
OMFG I'VE FOUND OUT HOW TO ADD SWORD BLURS

Parameter 11 is the file offset.
It's organized like this:

xxxxyyyy

xxxx= Character Number
yyyy = Model Number

So for donkey kong's giant punch the parameter would be

Eldiran

Smash Lord
OMFG I'VE FOUND OUT HOW TO ADD SWORD BLURS

Parameter 11 is the file offset.
It's organized like this:

xxxxyyyy

xxxx= Character Number
yyyy = Model Number

So for donkey kong's giant punch the parameter would be
Isn't that what you were already doing when replacing the sword glow with objects?

Here's everything I got

Sword Glow
11031400:
1st Parameter: trail to use
2nd Parameter: (Value) duration/length of trail
Parameter 2, 6, and 12: (Value) Bone
Parameter 3, 4, 5: 1st point glow trail offsets
Parameter 7, 8, 9: 2nd point glow trail offsets
Parameter 13: Forward offset of glow
Parameter 14: Sidewise offset of glow
Parameter 15: Z offset of glow
Parameter 16: rotate on forward axis
Parameter 17: rotate on sideward axis
Parameter 18: rotate on Z axis?
Boolean Parameter: Disappear at end of subaction
Last Parameter: (Scalar) size of effect.

Untouch

Smash Master
Isn't that what you were already doing when replacing the sword glow with objects?

Here's everything I got

Sword Glow
11031400:
1st Parameter: trail to use
2nd Parameter: (Value) duration/length of trail
Parameter 2, 6, and 12: (Value) Bone
Parameter 3, 4, 5: 1st point glow trail offsets
Parameter 7, 8, 9: 2nd point glow trail offsets
Parameter 13: Forward offset of glow
Parameter 14: Sidewise offset of glow
Parameter 15: Z offset of glow
Parameter 16: rotate on forward axis
Parameter 17: rotate on sideward axis
Parameter 18: rotate on Z axis?
Boolean Parameter: Disappear at end of subaction
Last Parameter: (Scalar) size of effect.
I had figured out how to replace glows, but I hadn't figured out how to add glows.
Now I know how to load the models.

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
I had search to see if the export all had worked with the animations, but it only works with ARChives and bress... files or something... but does the replace all work with animations?

Untouch

Smash Master
Ffs it turns out that it doesn't load the model, it loads a graphic effect.

You can still model swap the graphic effects but for some characters (luigi) they've decided to not allow you to.

Which leaves me SOL.

ty sarukai.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
That would be correct shifter. :3
Thanks, it worked. I love editing those MSG file things, you can make things funny as **** with them.

EDIT: I have discovered a new method of freezing! (At least, one that hasn't been mentioned before.) I was messing with the sc_adv files, and when I went to sse it froze as soon as I hit the button on the main menu. But, instead of it beeping, part of the song I had on the menu looped infinitely. Why this is important, I don't know, but it was really funny! (Part of the chorus on the song Taking You Down by Egypt Central just kept getting cut off and looped. It was funny!)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Thanks, it worked. I love editing those MSG file things, you can make things funny as **** with them.

EDIT: I have discovered a new method of freezing! (At least, one that hasn't been mentioned before.) I was messing with the sc_adv files, and when I went to sse it froze as soon as I hit the button on the main menu. But, instead of it beeping, part of the song I had on the menu looped infinitely. Why this is important, I don't know, but it was really funny! (Part of the chorus on the song Taking You Down by Egypt Central just kept getting cut off and looped. It was funny!)
I've had that kind of freezing many times before. Especially when using Super Link and he shot his arrows too fast XD

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
http://elitesmashhackers.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/bszanimations2.png
(By BigSharkZ)
>_>
Um, ya, how did he do these? I know he edited the model using the animation editor, but how did he do everything else? He gave TL a robe and a hat to make Black Mage, Rapheal the Raven out of Kirby, I think, The Moon (I honestly don't know wtf he made it out of), And a Long Haired Zamus. Like, is there a tutorial on this? I would love to make a Pichu or something similar.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Hey Kryal, I have an idea for the model importer. Since it is so much work to make the actual importer, for now, you could just make BrawlBox able to edit models somehow, that way they don't have to be imported or exported. Just a suggestion...
Look at my previous post, BigSharkZ knows how to edit the character models using animations, the question is how.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
You couldn't have...just asked him yourself on the ESH site? You had to stretch out the page like that?
-_-
o_-
o_o
>_>
<_<
*Runs along to ESH*

(But still, can anyone answer my question how it is possible to edit the models using animations?)

Top Bottom