• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Is there a way to remove certain polygons from a character? I need to remove 2, 3, 47, 48 and 49 from Marth for a moveset.

Also:

I got it working on all three of Fox' victory taunts but when I tried doing the same thing to Link I noticed that there are no bones at all controlling his eyes or mouth. (well he has them for his eyes but they don't seem to be used)
There's probably another type of animation for that stuff.
I assume Link's open mouth is a separate polygon like Marth's. To get his mouth to open, you need to use PSA.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
How would you do that with PSA?
I haven't tested it, but it probably uses the event that alters which parts of the character's model are displayed. For example, the same event tells Link where to put his sword and shield during different attacks, depending on the values set.

But again, I haven't tested it for this. I could be completely wrong.

Untouch

Smash Master
Well, if you use the existing animations instead of swapping ones that belong to the article, then it normally assigns it to the bone it was originally on. Also, can you tell how you did that with that event.
The sword glow event puts a "glow" on a bone.
These glows are actually models.

So replacing the glows allows you to add models onto a character.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Untouch - How did you do that? And could you like, replace Isaac's "sword" with Marth's doing this?

Untouch

Smash Master
Untouch - How did you do that? And could you like, replace Isaac's "sword" with Marth's doing this?
You'd need a model of his sword.
Marth has a sword glow, found in his .pac file (should be, if not try his motion.etc), replace the model and add a texture.

Then remove the sword with another event and put a sword glow event in.

You can also give marth a hat.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Hrm. The problem with Isaac is that the sword is actually attached to his model.

So you didn't like, find a way to ADD anything? We're trying to attach a sword to Isaac's right hand. If we could attach the sword to his hand instead of BustN, that'd work as well, though Isaac's sword is still in the scabbard.

Untouch

Smash Master
Hrm. The problem with Isaac is that the sword is actually attached to his model.

So you didn't like, find a way to ADD anything? We're trying to attach a sword to Isaac's right hand. If we could attach the sword to his hand instead of BustN, that'd work as well, though Isaac's sword is still in the scabbard.
You might be able to remove everything BUT the sword with hexing, but it would be diffcult to allign.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Hrm. Do you by any chance know how to change what bones are structured off which bone? Like, making it so that SwordN is parented to RHandN instead of BustN?

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
For anyone else that wants to know, just load the model into a hex editor, go to the mdl0 offset of the bone, convert the bone parent offset to hex (with it being negative it will be something like FFFF**
find that and change it, it should only be 3 bytes long i believe

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
I haven't tested it, but it probably uses the event that alters which parts of the character's model are displayed. For example, the same event tells Link where to put his sword and shield during different attacks, depending on the values set.

But again, I haven't tested it for this. I could be completely wrong.
There's no such events like that in Ike's victory animations, so I'm not sure if it'll work.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
A more appropriate question is, why doesn't the alloy costume work with a character script and MotionEtc?

The key may also be in the action scripts and/or rel module. Not very likely, but possible. I'll take a look.
Eh? Did I give you a FitZakochild00 that doesn't work? If so, I am embarassed because that's probably the wrong file. I'm fairly certain an unchanged FitZakochild00 should work alright... Unless I'm totally misinterpreting you, which is entirely possible.

Either way, thank you for looking into it.

I've found out how to add model pieces to characters using sword glow.
Nice work! That is most excellently useful.

For anyone else that wants to know, just load the model into a hex editor, go to the mdl0 offset of the bone, convert the bone parent offset to hex (with it being negative it will be something like FFFF**
find that and change it, it should only be 3 bytes long i believe
That also sounds very, very useful. Did you say earlier that you were also able to find and change BoneIndex? I couldn't find any such post in the past 8 pages or so.

Dragonrage

Smash Apprentice
There's no such events like that in Ike's victory animations, so I'm not sure if it'll work.
Yeah, I'm kinda starting to wonder if this is how it works myself. While I did find the polygons for Marth' facial expression, there seem to be none for Link. Either that or BrawlBox is not displaying them.

Untouch

Smash Master
Nice work! That is most excellently useful.

Actually I've noticed that you've added another glow to zero (side taunt), how did you do it?

I want to know if it is possible to add sword glows to other characters.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Nice job on replacing the background.

I wonder if it would be possible to replace it with something like the F-Zero stage or Meta-Knights stage :p.
Hey, not to drive away from the main topic, but are you planning to finish your Shadow anytime soon? Or at least release the standing stance for us? Out of everyone's so far, yours is without a doubt the best. The others working on it have said so as well. o_o

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
That also sounds very, very useful. Did you say earlier that you were also able to find and change BoneIndex? I couldn't find any such post in the past 8 pages or so.
Yes. it's the same basic technique as changing the parent bone, but search for the bone index value instead. (ytou may want to search in a few bones so you know it's not just a value that happens to be the same if that makes sense)

Revven

FrankerZ
You can't get other characters to swap models with ATs/stage specific characters. If you try to, it freezes. Silver/Knuckles/Tails will not work right now even if you swap their models with Alloys (nobody knows why)

Oath.

Smash Ace
i cant figure out how to compress my CSS pac file with brawlbox, can someone help me out pl0x?

it says i need to make the compress to true, i cant find it anywhere

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
Hey, not to drive away from the main topic, but are you planning to finish your Shadow anytime soon? Or at least release the standing stance for us? Out of everyone's so far, yours is without a doubt the best. The others working on it have said so as well. o_o
Thanks! I'll try to get the standing animation done soonish. I'm going to wait until it's a bit easier to animate before I make any more of his animation.

Also, since we can't seem to play as Ridley yet. I did the next best thing...

Play ON Ridley!:

(He's properly sized so you hang on his wing)

I'm surprised this works, but I guess stages accept any kind of model you put into it.

EDIT: Also, he does animate, but it doesn't loop. I think the only way for it to loop would be if I made a 9600 frame long animation x_x... (The original amount of frames Final Destination uses)

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Also, since we can't seem to play as Ridley yet. I did the next best thing...

Play ON Ridley!:

(He's properly sized so you hang on his wing)

I'm surprised this works, but I guess stages accept any kind of model you put into it.
Whoa, that's a very nice switch, will this be downloadable in the near future? :D

Top Bottom