• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

hochin

Smash Cadet
I changed a bit of the walking animations on sonic and although they appear in game it doesn't look like its looping properly. He has this stop go kind of thing goin on, anyone know what causes this?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I actually had the same issue in regards to the run animation, which is where, because I'm fairly certain I had only edited the arms.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Just curious, how did you get that message? I've never come across it before.
Ike has more Bones than Saki, so it asked if I wanted to remove the references to the extra bones that Ike has (His cape, sword and extra bones in hip and shoulders)

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I also love the animation editor. I loaded Link's motionpac on KatanaAna, is there any way to make her playable. I saw the Waluigi over the Alloy and I'm just curious if I can just use Ana's model over Link. Again if I can figure out the clone engine that would be awesome.

I really don't care about new movesets, I just think it would be cool to play as Knuckle Joe using all of Ness' attacks. The animations match pretty well for some of the ATs.
Just replace the model and texture and then you have her. But no ATs will work on a normal character. I've found the reason why I think, it's most likely the character .pac's filesize being too high. I've tried replacing their MiscData. No dice.

As for the second paragraph, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R0ivPjiF3U

Adding on to what I previously said, if I were to say name FitZakoBoy.pac to FitMario, and load that instead, would it freeze? This could easily bypass the filesize limit.

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
hmmm ok it seems that if BrawlBox asks you if you wanna remove extra bones when ur trying them out on a model then the model should work in game. hense it n3ever asks me with grey fox.

Hmm and i've come to a solution *i think* for tails and company..
in the next version would we be able to rename bones to somethin else? tails doesn animate on brawlbox because his bones are specially named and only work with the animations that call them..
thats what i believe

ps. dont mind my spelling lol

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
You can rename bones. You just can't do so in the animation editor.

I had Knuckles pulling off some Sonic moves, just because.

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
hmmm.... oh yea lol.. i havent been outside of the animation editor in a while >_>

Shadic were u able to gtet knuckles workin in game?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I don't bother, I just was screwing around with Sonic's animations. The quills get a bit screwed up, though.

TheEnigmaLiesBroken

Smash Cadet
yesterday i was talking to chibosensai about some things to do with his waluigi and then i went home and played wiht some stuff that I thought might be interesting to test out - i dunno if anyone else has tried this out yet but i figured its worth posting somewhere and maybe someone can take a look into it.

first, let me say that I understand that swapping an assist with a real character doesn't work. ive been innovative in trying to find ways around it.

I attempted to go about swapping grayfox with marth in a way taht's not the normal. I tried swapping out polygon files instead of swapping the entire model.

it gave me an interesting outcome. the polygon files say they've swapped, all the values change - like the face count dropping from 142 to like 58 - but when i go to view the model, it still shows marth's model, marth's structure, his ttextures wrapped around the same polygons and even the same polygons themselves.

i attempted to swap the texture files (not the images, but the ones in the model folders) and other things that i thougt could be related to the problem.

the idea behind this is to keep the same bone structure but swap out the surrounding parts so that it won't freeze upon putting in the new character. ive been told that 90% of the reason why we cant do it is because of size and bone differences so i figured this would be somewhat of a work around.

can anyone look into this or explain to me why it didnt change the polygon structure? even after i imported the grayfox texture images into the texture section it didn't wrap them around the inserted model - it didnt do anything at all except show me marth still - the same original marth as if modifying the polygon files didn't affect him at all.

i dont quite understand.

also, does anyone have a real definition of the different types of freezes?

there's the buzzzzzzzzzzz freeze
the silent freeze where the game just stops moving (after i select a stage to play it just stops)
and then the "an error has occured please remove the disc" freeze

what causes these different ones?

later on i tried another trick. I deleted every bone in every animation that wasnt a bone related to grayfox's model.

if grayfox and marth both had the bone - TopN for example, i'd keep it
but if grayfox didnt have a bone that marth did during an animation - RArmorJ for example - i'd delete that call from the animations.

it took something like 2 hours and after that i got a variance in freezing.

at first i was getting the error freeze then i deleted the call for those bones from the animation files i stopped getting it. now when i try to load my grayfox marth i only get the one where i select the stage and the game just stops loading.

am i getting closer to fixing it or am i just hitting a dead end here.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I don't know about the polygon swapping and such, but I can tell you the difference between the first two freezes. It's pretty much nothing -- the beep just happens if the game happened to be making noise when it froze. It's silent if the game froze while not making any sound.

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
@ the guy making that amazing sonic battle style shadow are you still on that? i cant wait to see these things completed
I have a lot of work to do in college, so I'm not working on that at all. Maybe when I get free time.

hochin said:
I changed a bit of the walking animations on sonic and although they appear in game it doesn't look like its looping properly. He has this stop go kind of thing goin on, anyone know what causes this?
I tried editing (suited) Samus's running animation to be less upright and got the same thing. This also happens when you make small adjustments to the cameras in levels (such as the F-Zero stage). The camera will stop and go like you said.

I wonder if each bone has different types of animation? Like a "smooth animation", "just go from point A to point B", "Calculate a curve from the last position" etc... (Sorry for the bad descriptions XD)

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hello, I was wondering if anyone can help me, I am currently working on making Lyn playable via Alloy switching like Waluigi and Primid. I currently have about 17% of the animations done but I need help with asking this:

Which files do I need to put in the zakogirl file?
How can I fix the decoloring and move set? (Sometimes when I try to view Lyn in game, she is either the color yellow or blue and the animations I gave her don't show up and she is abit taller) which comes up to my next question, do I need to some how transfer what I've done in the Motion.pac file to PSA? If so, can anyone help me with PSA such as linking me or giving me the basics on how to use it? If you can be so kind to VM or PM the info since I can only use the public library computer once a day so help me, help you, help me make Project Emblem (or Lyn) a reality >.>

Sorry again if I'm not specific but I am limited with not being able to look up the stuff I need help with on this public computer.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Meh I've been trying to get silver to work but no luck so far. IDK why it freezes I replaced the red alloy with him and i made sure i did all the necessary steps. I'll just try shadow out. because i know how to fix the spikes.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Meh I've been trying to get silver to work but no luck so far. IDK why it freezes I replaced the red alloy with him and i made sure i did all the necessary steps. I'll just try shadow out. because i know how to fix the spikes.
As posted before, you need to rename their bones. They all have peculiarly named bones, most of which start with the stagename.

When you do that I think they should work.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
yeah i put him on the red alloy and it still froze.

That and when i tried to make shadow that one also froze but it didn't make that beeping noise. IDK what i'm doing wrong. I put them both on the red alloy PAC replaced the necessary files and made sure i checked the file sizes. There all don't surpass the original files.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
I tried editing a vertex array, and it shows up nicely in the model viewer and everything, but the array resets to normal after reloading the file (like it doesn't save the changes to it)

is there some way to save vertex array changes, or is that not supported yet?

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
Alright, stupid question time, but why do the Alloys preview without their highlighting? Like with the head, there's a gap where the bright stripe would be.

Also, are there any plans to be able to export models to an editable format like DAE or OBJ? I did manage to grab the models in the importer, but through a convoluted method. A simpler way would be greatly appreciated.

Edited to add: This is also hilarious... took Captain Falcon's motion .pac and opened it with the Red Alloy's model, and it worked perfectly. No distortion, no obvious glitches.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Edited to add: This is also hilarious... took Captain Falcon's motion .pac and opened it with the Red Alloy's model, and it worked perfectly. No distortion, no obvious glitches.

Um yeah...that's because the red alloy is based off of captain falcon's model......lol

dino_gonzalez

Smash Apprentice
I been trying to keep up here, can this edit animation or just replace them with animation from other characters exc. I've been doing that already, I just really want n64 luigi's move-set,

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
I been trying to keep up here, can this edit animation or just replace them with animation from other characters exc. I've been doing that already, I just really want n64 luigi's move-set,
It can do both, but animation editing is very difficult at the moment.
Kryal is going to try to make it easier to do in upcoming versions.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
besides knowing if there's a way to save changes to the vertex array, I'd like to know if the playback in brawlbox's animation editor is the same as in game.

in brawlbox, about 40 frames of the animation play in one second, i'd like to know if this is the same in game

pokelover980

Smash Ace
besides knowing if there's a way to save changes to the vertex array, I'd like to know if the playback in brawlbox's animation editor is the same as in game.

in brawlbox, about 40 frames of the animation play in one second, i'd like to know if this is the same in game
60 frames play in one second in BrawlBox, which is Brawl speed.

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
Depending on your computer, actually. If it's top-notch, it'll probably run at regular Brawl speed for animation, but if you fill up your laptop with junk and set its power settings to a low performance, you'll definetely see a change in speed.

Let that be a lesson for all you. Laptops are not good for hacking. Unless you got a gigantic back-up waiting.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
laptops are awesome for hacking. its video gaming that they arent so awesome for

unless you just have a tricked out laptop

which is awesome

in important news, is it possible to add textures to sc_selmap.pac or mu_menumain.pac? specifically ones that corespond to stage icon IDs?

the faster i get an answer, the faster i release the SSS tutorial.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
laptops are awesome for hacking. its video gaming that they arent so awesome for

unless you just have a tricked out laptop

which is awesome

in important news, is it possible to add textures to sc_selmap.pac or mu_menumain.pac? specifically ones that corespond to stage icon IDs?

the faster i get an answer, the faster i release the SSS tutorial.
yes, I believe so. It should be no different than the sc_selchar's stage icons... unless you meant something else?

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
Depending on your computer, actually. If it's top-notch, it'll probably run at regular Brawl speed for animation, but if you fill up your laptop with junk and set its power settings to a low performance, you'll definetely see a change in speed.

Let that be a lesson for all you. Laptops are not good for hacking. Unless you got a gigantic back-up waiting.
It runs about 40 fps for me too. But I don't think it's because of my computer, because my computer is fairly fast. Oddly enough, if I click on the current frame number and hold Right, it plays at 60fps. Is it just a miscalculation on frame speed?

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
wait...sc_selchar has stage icons too? wut

i think i mean the same thing

i want to add icons to sc_selmap/miscdata[80]/textures(NW4r)/MenSelmapIcon.##, where ## is correspods to a stage ID and is fully compatible with the SSS code (doing all this without removing any existing textures, and adding the icon in whatever other file stage icons can be found in)

in other words, i want to be able to create new icons to put on the SSS screen without any glitches.

Kryal

Smash Ace
For anyone who cares to know, I'm making slow progress with the RSAR files. After hours of studying the file layout I am somewhat impressed by how it works, and I know how I want to handle them.

RSAR stands for Raw Sound Archive. Which is just that: a collection of sound files packaged up inside one archive. What you may not know is that there ARE real files stored within that you normally wouldn't find anywhere else.

RWSD - Raw Sound - Collection of sounds used by action scripts. Mostly mono.
RBNK - Raw Bank - Similar to RWSD, but with multiple sound references.
RSEQ - Raw Sequence - No audio data

The tricky thing about these files is that they can appear more than once inside the RSAR. They are loaded into the game using loading groups that use the file's id and a chunk of data. Each group has its own chunk that contains multiple files. If a file is used in two different chunks, it is copied to each in the order of reference. I'm assuming that as the game parses the loading group(s) it checks to see if that file id has been loaded already. If so, it will skip over that part of the data chunk.

How is this useful? Well, it simplifies the concept of RSAR greatly. All you have to do is handle these individual files. Instead of handling it like one big mess, you can allow for single file management. A person could import/export these files much easier, and changes made to one file would be seen in all copies of that file within the RSAR.

Top Bottom