• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
sync.dat seems to have a server name and a password... I wonder if that would help the folks at the Dolphin project... :V

Untouch

Smash Master
Ok what I think is that .fst loads the files (It has all the files in it), the the .rel files tell where to load it, you can't load extra characters without loading them first.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
Knuckle Joe looks great! Though I think he could use a bit more fighting-type inspiration for his moves (rolling spin for Nair?), and he'd be a lot cooler with quicker physics (fast-falling, for example). Maybe UAir should be Rising Break, to give him a better recovery (since you can't do Specials).

I don't suppose you could import his effects? Probably not, since Alloys don't have any.

And... Wow, Moon Kirby!?! I actually had a moveset planned out for him once (using the regular Moon texture), though I never got around to making it. Does he have any animations (not that there's much animating you could do with the Moon, but still...) or did you use the Moon Trophy somehow to just make a static shape?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
If it's to do with bones can we not add the necessary bones now?
It's not a problem of the number of bones, it's the bones themselves. The bones have specific IDs, and it's those IDs that are causing the problem. The IDs can only be changed by hex editing. I'm not very knowledgeable on the whole problem, though, otherwise my Gardevoir would be working right now.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
mmk figured the .net thing out, but how do i get the files to edit with it, i read something about loading the ISO but the tutorial posted didnt exactly explain..... elaborate please?
You need to extract the files out of the ISO to edit them.. Howeverm I'm not sure if it's allowed to list the applications to do it here, so I wont.

stickman

Smash Apprentice
What the hell does this mean?
What did you do when you got this error. This happens a lot to me when editing the model (unauthorized editing lol) and then BrawlBox can't handle the new data (aka I screwed up something). It's also possible that you tried to switch a lot of animations too fast and it couldn't keep up with the rapid changes.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Knuckle Joe looks great! Though I think he could use a bit more fighting-type inspiration for his moves (rolling spin for Nair?), and he'd be a lot cooler with quicker physics (fast-falling, for example). Maybe UAir should be Rising Break, to give him a better recovery (since you can't do Specials).

I don't suppose you could import his effects? Probably not, since Alloys don't have any.
No, alloys do have a place for their effects(which you can replace with anyone's). Which is very awkward. Question is, where are we going to FIND that effect file. Each character has an effect file ID in FitChar, but BrawlBox doesn't show. I have a feeling in a Hex Editor we can find out.

In other news,

Wierd.

Knuckle Joe is the ONLY character so far, Assist Trophy wise, that hasn't had his running or walking, or even grabbing animations completely glitch up or freeze. In fact it's smooth as ever.

Though, another thing people have NOT tried, is replacing ZakoBall, which I did.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Hey Kyral, I remember one of the older versions of Smashbox had a file resizer with the program, why did you remove it from BrawlBox and would it be possible to use that tool to shrink Alloy .pacs so that they don't break the file size limit?

Kryal

Smash Ace
Okay, so I may have a solution to the freezing problems many of you are having when testing your animations in-game. Basically, the game doesn't allow 'isotropic' rotation or translation sets. Basically, they can't all be the same value across a single bone.

In other words, if you set translation x, y, and z all to 1.5, the game may freeze. Make one slightly different if needed, but they can't be the same. Now, if your rotation/scale values differ on a bone animation in ANY way, you're safe. It's only when the whole thing is the same do we have problems.

Some examples:

Also, try to keep unnecessary keyframes to a minimum. This will help reduce the file size. In a later release, I may have a feature in the encoder that automatically removes unneeded keyframes.

Also, notice how when keyframes are not present they are set to a default value. Scale defaults to 1, Rotation and Translation default to 0.

Hope this helps! ;)

*EDIT*
Sorry, the translation entries in the second example aren't isotropic. They were just repeating. My mistake!

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Interesting, I'll have to check it out in my own animations.

I have a crapton of unnecessary keyframes in one of my other animations and it didn't freeze, I guess it's luck of the draw.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Hey Kyral, I remember one of the older versions of Smashbox had a file resizer with the program, why did you remove it from BrawlBox and would it be possible to use that tool to shrink Alloy .pacs so that they don't break the file size limit?
That file resizer set the file size to an absolute value, not like compression. I used it for resizing the ISO after rebuilding the partition, because the program didn't change the ISO size. I took it out because you can do the same thing with most hex editors.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at BrawlLib.Wii.Animations.KeyframeCollection.CalcAnimFrames(Int32 lower, Int32 upper, Int32 set)
at BrawlLib.Wii.Animations.KeyframeCollection.MoveKeyframe(Int32 index, Int32 offset, Int32 newIndex)
at BrawlLib.Wii.Animations.KeyframeCollection.Delete(Int32 index)
at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.CHR0Node.DeleteKeyframe(Int32 index)
at System.Windows.Forms.ModelAnimPanel.btnDelete_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///G:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
BrawlBox
Assembly Version: 0.60.3622.41194
Win32 Version: 0.60c.0.0
CodeBase: file:///G:/Users/TheSilenceOfNoOne/Desktop/Brawl%20stuff/BrawlBox/BrawlBox.exe
BrawlLib
Assembly Version: 0.7.3622.41193
Win32 Version: 0.07c.0.0
CodeBase: file:///G:/Users/TheSilenceOfNoOne/Desktop/Brawl%20stuff/BrawlBox/BrawlLib.DLL
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4918 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
CodeBase: file:///G:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///G:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///G:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///G:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Interesting, I'll have to check it out in my own animations.

I have a crapton of unnecessary keyframes in one of my other animations and it didn't freeze, I guess it's luck of the draw.
It doesn't always freeze, but it causes the game to read too far into the entry and can corrupt the values. This is something I didn't think about, because I expected the game to handle isotropic everything. I guess not.

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
I'm using OS 1.9.1 (which has always worked for me). I used the Waluigi .gct file for the CSS code, played as Waluigi and an Alloy, then the game froze while I was trying to do roll-dodges. So I turned my Wii off. I then tried to load my own very very very beta character (over Cpt Falcon), and it froze at the strap loader screen. I reset my Wii, and it still won't load past the strap screen. I tried deleting my beta character, deleting Chibo's Waluigi .gct, deleting Waluigi, deleting the zakoboy folder in Fighter...nothing works.

Could it be the actual SD card itself thats the problem? Could it be because I tried to load a model over a non-Alloy character? Is there perhaps a hidden file I need to get rid of? Does anyone think that I have a corrupted common5 (or a corrupted anything else, for that matter)?

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
I was importing Ike's DamageFall animation into Saki and then this came up. What does this mean and what would happen if I pressed yes or no.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
If I'm not mistaken, you should press yes and that will make it less likely to freeze.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Whoah, that's super useful! (Referring to the dialog box shown above) I keep finding new awesome things in BrawlBox. Until the other day I didn't even know you could copy an entire bone's values in an animation...

Knowing the isotropic problem should be helpful in making these things work, though I confess it seems really, really weird for that to cause glitches. I suppose it's a very complicated problem though.

I have a sort of random question though, one which I bet has been answered in the past, but I can't recall when or where. Would decreasing the size of a FitMotionEtc file make the game more tolerant of the increased size of a moveset .pac? I get the feeling the answer is 'no', but I am not certain.

It's a forum

Smash Apprentice
I finally stated using BrawlBox and I'm amazed. No longer do I have to struggle with transparency in Gimp using ASH and STASH, now all I have to do is export the texture, erase whatever, save, and replace!

I was playing around with the bones and polygons...specifically editing some of my existing textures. Does it load each individual texture with each separate modified bone model? Say for example my FitLucario00.pac is the default bones while FitLucario01.pac has Mewtwo bones, will this work. I heard something about a clone engine in the works so I'll probably have to use that.

I also love the animation editor. I loaded Link's motionpac on KatanaAna, is there any way to make her playable. I saw the Waluigi over the Alloy and I'm just curious if I can just use Ana's model over Link. Again if I can figure out the clone engine that would be awesome.

I really don't care about new movesets, I just think it would be cool to play as Knuckle Joe using all of Ness' attacks. The animations match pretty well for some of the ATs.

Then again, it looks like only Alloys are working at the moment(?) but I bet I could just copy all of Link's or Ness' animations and load them on the Alloy, which would be loaded on an ATs model.

I don't have my Wii right now, but in BrawlBox everything is looking awesome.

Bionate

Smash Cadet
one of those guys you see jumping over stuff
@kryal i hate to sound sound impatient/ungrateful but how is the importer coming along? if there is anything to say would you mind keeping us all posted?
@ the guy making that amazing sonic battle style shadow are you still on that? i cant wait to see these things completed

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Indigo, that means that the Saki model does not have some of Ike's bones. It's like importing someone with a tail to someone without one.

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
I was importing Ike's DamageFall animation into Saki and then this came up. What does this mean and what would happen if I pressed yes or no.
Just curious, how did you get that message? I've never come across it before.

Top Bottom