• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
thank you. right now, this is WAY too advanced and time consuming for me.

also, when i model swap to play as celebi, he flies right on the floor. is it possible to raise him a little higher? here is a pic of his wait animation
Move up the HipN bone's Y translation.

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking of giving Grey fawks a try.
he looks GOOD with many of sheik's animations

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
Very strange and serious bug while using 60c:

I was working on a FitMotionEtc file, making a whole bunch of custom animations (I had previously made a whole lot of changes to that same file). Afterwards, I saved it and went to another file to import new animations to the file I was working on. However, when I returned to the file, it was completely gone - replaced by a different file of the same name that was stored in a different folder. Thinking I made a mistake, I searched for all recently modified files, but there were no other files - apparently BB somehow saved an entirely different file over the file I was working on. I don't know how that makes sense (possibly having something to do with an unusual way that BB handles saving?) but I'd like an explanation, since I'd like to know how to keep my work from being written over...

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I'm having issues with the model previewer. Well, that may be because I haven't updated to .60c yet(I don't even have .60b!)

Anyways, for example, when I view Kirby's model his body disappears. Zamus's face disappears, and my texture I created for the Big Blue Blue Falcon model didn't completely cover the model even though it is the exact same as the previous texture, just updated to match Brawl's looks.

_Vuze_

Smash Apprentice
This should be fixed in .60c, atleast I don't have these issues anymore if I remember correctly.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
..Does the animation actually corrupt, or does it continue to act normal in Brawlbox, but crash in-game?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
..Does the animation actually corrupt, or does it continue to act normal in Brawlbox, but crash in-game?
It wonks out the keyframes and makes the movement go backwards and return to the original position or something lul

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I think I've found something.

By switching a texture's format to CMPR, you can load transparent textures. I'm not sure if this will work in game, but I figure it could be useful.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
...How did you get the moon on the stage? That looks like a model render, not just a texture. Confused.

Wait, you replaced Kirby? How did you give him a nose?

pokelover980

Smash Ace

By switching a texture's format to CMPR, you can load transparent textures. I'm not sure if this will work in game, but I figure it could be useful.
That freezes the game, or in some cases turns the texture all white.

Untouch

Smash Master
Textur animation is basically complete kyral, you just need to put a frame editor (number of entries = frames) in and a previewer.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Pikachu's thunder is a texture animation.
Pikachu's SideA is a model animation.

Model animations alter models, texture animations alter textures.
I though textures needed a model to be attached to so they could appear though, so it would basically be the same thing, correct? Or am I thinking of an entirely different concept :U

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Like Link's eyes moving is an example of a texture animation, right?

bendertherobo

Smash Rookie
grr

i get an error when i attempt to run it this application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000123) any help?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I though textures needed a model to be attached to so they could appear though, so it would basically be the same thing, correct? Or am I thinking of an entirely different concept :U
No graphical effects have models, they're 2D. Ever turned the screen while looking at thunder? Or when looking at the death blast?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

That freezes the game, or in some cases turns the texture all white.
That, and the fact that textures in CMPR format tend to have some areas get messed up.

Also, textures in CMPR format do not support semi-transparency.

Likewise, changing a texture format from CMPR to another leads to freezes too. Don't exactly know if this applies to palettes too, but it's pretty likely.

bendertherobo

Smash Rookie
Problem 2

mmk figured the .net thing out, but how do i get the files to edit with it, i read something about loading the ISO but the tutorial posted didnt exactly explain..... elaborate please?

Untouch

Smash Master
Theres a file that has the wifi mail data, it decides what send (screenshot, stage).

It seems main.dol loads the .rel files.

Possible clone engine?

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Theres a file that has the wifi mail data, it decides what send (screenshot, stage).

It seems main.dol loads the .rel files.

Possible clone engine?
I think that's what PW had already discovered, and its why he actually made progress on it :U

Top Bottom