• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
About that - If you open up a .pcs model file, and modify that, how does that apply in-game, with the Motion.pac and everything?

For example, I made Link's sword 1.2x when previewing his model. However, when viewing animations after loading the Motion pac, you don't see any of the changes.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
I can tell you the answer, he used scaling and translation. Its very simple, actually. You just can't totally create a new model with it. You should see what Razanak7 is doing. Ask him about C.O.G.
Oh, I know that you can only change parts of the model, and that it involves scaling and translations. But still, I don't know enough of that to make what BSZ did to make TL into Black Mage, if I could just do that, I would be happy. Because when I try to do things like that, I end up with a messed up arm or a skinny head. I just don't know how to work it the way I want to work it. I think we could use a tutorial, or something along those lines.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Oh, I know that you can only change parts of the model, and that it involves scaling and translations. But still, I don't know enough of that to make what BSZ did to make TL into Black Mage, if I could just do that, I would be happy. Because when I try to do things like that, I end up with a messed up arm or a skinny head. I just don't know how to work it the way I want to work it. I think we could use a tutorial, or something along those lines.
Okay, let's start with the hat. I haven't looked at Toon Link in BrawlBox, so don't know where his bones are exactly, so I will assume where they are. To make the hat stand straight up, go to the bone near the tip and change the rotation so it is in the direction you want it to be, then, make the very end tilt slightly with rotation also. Then, use Y-Translation to make it larger, if needed. Then, go to the bone on the rim of the hat, and increase the X and Z scaling. Increase the middle the same way. Now for the robe. Find the bones in the sleeves and give them a large -Y Translation. Curl the hands, shorten the feet, and viola.

You think I should make a tutorial thread?

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Okay, let's start with the hat. I haven't looked at Toon Link in BrawlBox, so don't know where his bones are exactly, so I will assume where they are. To make the hat stand straight up, go to the bone near the tip and change the rotation so it is in the direction you want it to be, then, make the very end tilt slightly with rotation also. Then, use Y-Translation to make it larger, if needed. Then, go to the bone on the rim of the hat, and increase the X and Z scaling. Increase the middle the same way. Now for the robe. Find the bones in the sleeves and give them a large -Y Translation. Curl the hands, shorten the feet, and viola.

You think I should make a tutorial thread? NO
Didn't work. The hat was mis-shaped and and the tip went through TL's head. The robe method DEMENTED the arm, it looked horribly deformed and just ugly. I would upload a pic, but I have no idea how to take computer screenshots.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
*You take it with the Prt Scr buttom on the top of your keyboard
--

uggghhh

I hate to say this out of nowhere, but whenever I scale things in BrawlBox, they don't show up in game. Like for example, let's say I make Pokemon Trainer's Head 2x bigger. In the Animation Editor, it shows up times 2, but in Brawl, it's normal sized.

However, rotations work.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
So it sounds like you understand the general concept, you just need to practice a lot to be able to shape models into things that actually look like other things. It takes a fair amount of skill and patience, I think.

Does this ring a bell?
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/2962/royrr.jpg
No, it's not photoshoped
loool

Good job.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Didn't work. The hat was mis-shaped and and the tip went through TL's head. The robe method DEMENTED the arm, it looked horribly deformed and just ugly. I would upload a pic, but I have no idea how to take computer screenshots.
BigSharkZ has done some strange things. I was only using common sense, I haven't tried this before. I'll try right now.

Revven

FrankerZ
fort, that's awesome looking, I hope whe it's finished the face looks more manly and that you give it to the guys who made the Roy moveset hack out of Marf. :3

Sunshiner

Smash Rookie
Ok so I understand how to edit model parts in brawl box through animations. But I do have a question. Do you have to go through and edit every animation? Say I want to increase the size of Link's sword. Do I have to go through and edit every animation to edit Link's sword, or is there a shortcut?

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Hmmm..............

Maybe that didn't turn out as I planned...I'm going to see what that looks like in-game, then I'm going to get in touch with BigSharkZ.

@Sunshiner: Edit the T-Pose.
The vertexs that aren't parrented to a bone stay put.

And about roy, Don't expect it to be that good. There is a small hole in the back of his head :( but he will completely replace marth, (no more marth costumes) and all yuu will need is a pac and 00-05.pac. if someone can go get the roy texture and make the costume changes from melee, that'd help

ALSO!!! does anyone know how to load custom (inserted) models from the 00.pac?
this would help...
i know ike can do it for his up B load that seperate model
yupp.

wilttilt

Smash Apprentice
Editing the T-pose of anyone seems to mess up their model for me, but editing an animation works fine.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
BrawlShifter, how did it look in game? Was it as messed up as it was in BrawlBox?

Sunshiner

Smash Rookie
We'll im simply trying to edit bones so that they stay edited in every animation. Say (just for the sake of explanation) making Mario's head bigger or something in every animation without having to go through and edit every animation. Is this possible?

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Well...not...quite...what...I...expected..........

Awkward. Funny as ****, though.
Well thanks, I am going to have pleasant dreams tonight.

Anyway, BSZ hasn't replied o my comment yet. I hope he will soon, I aim to make a Baby Mario without using those dastardly... *shutters* codes... uggh... So... Many... GLITCHES.

MOM THEY ARE AFTER ME.

Oh, oh, see what those pictures have done?

brawlshifter

Smash Lord

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
So, for the most part, custom characters can't have Specials or dodge... Would you--or anyone else--happen to know if Cpt. Falcon is a character that can be replaced?
Anyone can be replaced, but it just depends on the character you are replacing them with.

@cuckoos: I PM'd BSZ, hopefully he responds. I'll tell you if he answers me.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Love the Roy, I think his Melee textures need a brawl touch-up though. ****ing amazing.

Also, I tried the new BrawlBox, nothing happened.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Well thanks, I am going to have pleasant dreams tonight.
Your welcome!:p

So, I was editing Sandbag's model in the Homerun Contest, and it didn't show up. Then, I edited the Common3.pac with the same model, but it went over the file size limit. (4.82MB.) Is there anything in the Common3 that I can delete without the game freezing, such as models or other files, or, can I somehow get it to show up in the Homerun.pac?

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
for things like TL's hat, things that you dont plan on animating much, just change it in the T-Model, with scale, and delete the references in the animations to the bones you just changed... might work

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
for things like TL's hat, things that you dont plan on animating much, just change it in the T-Model, with scale, and delete the references in the animations to the bones you just changed... might work
Do you know for sure? Because I posted this:
About that - If you open up a .pcs model file, and modify that, how does that apply in-game, with the Motion.pac and everything?

For example, I made Link's sword 1.2x when previewing his model. However, when viewing animations after loading the Motion pac, you don't see any of the changes.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Do you know for sure? Because I posted this:
it must be certain things. i believe ive done it with lucario's dreadlocks

Also, there may be no Roy soon. After adding the neccesary commands to PSA, the pac looks too big, and may not load.

Top Bottom