• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Hm? Why would you need to change PSA commands? Did you do anything major with the bones?

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
WELL! We are lucky!
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=923825a38d1cc4fa931c7453395df025059433fdbfb8c61f480654b192e70f3f
After the lengthy wait, roy is here... (sort of)
there is a glitch here his hair dissapears during certain animations. Credit to goodoldganon for the moveset, and to camelot and steelia for the Roy Texture. i did the hair :p

I'm pretty sure what's causing the hair to not show up in certain frames is that PSA calls for other events (like taunting left may call for the graphics of taunting right) so i would need to remove sword glow from this, and adjust the call value on all these. i may just do that though

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
How did you do that, by the way.
the sword glow trick. i had to remove his other sword effects for it to work becauuse of file constraints.
I took isaac, and deleted all the model parts that wernt his hair. even the body, i had to delete bits and pieces, and check. it seems that samll sections are seperated by 00000000 on vertexes, and sometimes just 00. then i moved all bones to 00 for translation, and with enough guess and check, positioned it good, and viola
I may make Isaac from Ike, I have his hair model... well, now you guys all have it too XD

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Lol I uploaded that vid. I was just about to post that here. but yea that texture is amazing.
Nice one, but don't give me allt he credit. I just ported the stage textures. The original is by...uh...I think it was Lexx, or someone else. But it wasn't Milk who made Tabuu Desination. o_o

...Roy has now claimed this thread with his ******ery. XD If this can maybe be perfected so his hair doesn't disappear and make the hair a bit larger so that the opening in the back of his head will be closed, Roy will truely have joined the Brawl. He'll just be missing his voice ¦D

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
For anyone else that wants to know, just load the model into a hex editor, go to the mdl0 offset of the bone, convert the bone parent offset to hex (with it being negative it will be something like FFFF**
find that and change it, it should only be 3 bytes long i believe
Could you explain in more detail how to convert a negative decimal number to hex?

Untouch

Smash Master
WELL! We are lucky!
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=923825a38d1cc4fa931c7453395df025059433fdbfb8c61f480654b192e70f3f
After the lengthy wait, roy is here... (sort of)
there is a glitch here his hair dissapears during certain animations. Credit to goodoldganon for the moveset, and to camelot and steelia for the Roy Texture. i did the hair :p

I'm pretty sure what's causing the hair to not show up in certain frames is that PSA calls for other events (like taunting left may call for the graphics of taunting right) so i would need to remove sword glow from this, and adjust the call value on all these. i may just do that though
Create the hair right after the sword glow delete event (11050100).

also, put this at the beggining of wait00 so it doesn't ceate 29829 hairs.

Actually, i'll fix it up right now.
I'll use the other sword glow for his A attacks, ok?

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Create the hair right after the sword glow delete event (11050100).

also, put this at the beggining of wait00 so it doesn't ceate 29829 hairs.

Actually, i'll fix it up right now.
I'll use the other sword glow for his A attacks, ok?
well, idk if adding sword effects will work. i deleted them because the pac got too big and wouldnt load. i call dibs on isaac and felix!
anyone know how to load the glow from the 00.pac? this would allow for larger models

Untouch

Smash Master
Hows this

Marth has 2 glows, the shield breaker glow and regular sword glow, I'm using the shield breaker glow.

Anyways, all fire related attacks will get this glow, any non fire, but still using the sword attacks will get a lighter one, k?

Also, you had extra spots where you would create the hair, putting the boolean to false makes it on every event.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
...Now THAT looks freakin' awesome. :D

How close are you to getting his hair on every animation? :3

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
DL plox

10Roy

EDIT: nvm, apparently he's not done yet, I'm just another fanboy. :p

Also, brawlshifter, did you get a reply back from BSZ?

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
anyone else get the glitch where grabbing froze the game with roy? or was it just me? also, untouch, you said that changing boolean to false makes it stay? i plan on making Isaac out of Ike, and Felix out of marth

Untouch

Smash Master
Yea, it stays until it is deleted, just make another one right after the deletion.

It also froze randomly for me too.

Also, want me to add the 10 hp damage to side Neut b?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Yea, it stays until it is deleted, just make another one right after the deletion.

Yes, otherwise Roy will remain incomplete DX

Also, his hair still disappears during Neutral Air and side taunt. o.o

Edit: 200 posts! I have joined the Journeymen! WOO! XD

fortwaffles

Smash Ace

I noticed a few animations still were missing the hair, it was a taunt, and an attack or two. As for the nuetral B, i guess so. It's goodoldganon's moveset, so i don't really want to be directing the shots here. I messaged him about this, and ill send him a new link to the updated version. We could still use thos texture recolors :p

btw, thanks for the help with making this possible.
also, i know how to delete parts of a polygon, not just the whole thing, hence how i got just the hair :p

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Getting back to it, his hair also disappears on the first slash of Down Smash o.o

Untouch

Smash Master
It's something related to his A attack, if you press A when when your opponent hits the ground it freezes, i'll try to fix this.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
:D
I am a happy sponge.
Also, is it possible to fix his height, and other attributes to make him more like Marth using animations? I know Oni K4ge made a Roy partial size modifier code for him, but it was on KCMM, and the forums are down. :(

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
:D
I am a happy sponge.
Also, is it possible to fix his height, and other attributes to make him more like Marth using animations? I know Oni K4ge made a Roy partial size modifier code for him, but it was on KCMM, and the forums are down. :(
What're you talking about? No they aren't. I'm on there right now. O_o

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
-_-
Wow, sorry, they just opened again. Awhile I got an internal server error...

Looking up that Roy size mod code for you guys, wait a sec...

Piks

Smash Journeyman
The hole on the back of the head is odd, though, I think leaving part of Marth's mullet would fix it.

Also, Thank you so much for bringing making this hack!

Untouch

Smash Master
I noticed the hole lol, I don't know how to fix it :c

You can only see it if you zoom in paused so i'll leave it in.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
The hole on the back of the head is odd, though, I think leaving part of Marth's mullet would fix it.

Also, Thank you so much for bringing making this hack!
that may not be plausible at the time. if we delete only part of his hair, it stretches to the 0,0,0 point. all i can think of is adding another sword glow object to do that.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Untouch, you said you fixed those last few hair problems we just talked about. Did you already upload it? Or are you trying to fix the random freezing? o.o

Though..I haven't experienced any freezing yet O_o

Top Bottom