• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
Is Shadow over an alloy? or just good timining?
I'd say good timing, but it's not really... I just set "Wait1" to Shadow's first standing animation frame, and "Wait2" to Sonic's first standing frame. Then I just waited until they where doing the right poses and took a picture.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Is it possible to combine animations? I would like to combine Lyn's 3 animations when she is pick as an AT as her entry, sorry if I can't be more specific since I am very limited with having no internet at home.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'd say good timing, but it's not really... I just set "Wait1" to Shadow's first standing animation frame, and "Wait2" to Sonic's first standing frame. Then I just waited until they where doing the right poses and took a picture.
Wouldn't it be easier to just place the modified animation data onto the Shadow texture alone?

Then again, that could lead to a freeze, and the texture PAC file will end up using over 3 MB, even when compressed.

Of course, I'm not an animation hacker, so I wouldn't really know the results anyway.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Except you can't do that, because animations are in the Motion file, and independent of the texture/model file.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Except you can't do that, because animations are in the Motion file, and independent of the texture/model file.
That's what's so weird about the fighter animation data. For instance, you see Fox's Blaster model and animations inside his texture files, and yet they're also in FitFoxMotionEtc.pac as well.

Of course, the animations are part of the FitFoxEtc archive, instead of the FitFoxMotion archive.

carlpie

Smash Cadet
@carlpie, you can still rotate models. you press control and rightclick to rotate it like the earlier versions. took me forever to figure that out too XD
*shakes head*

CTRL right click makes them rotate on a crazy circle for me, not on their central axis. I believe the rotation point is clipped to the viewpoint rather than the character model x_x
I can rotate the model like .59 when I zoom all the way in, but zooming out just makes the character fly around in a giant circle off the screen... perhaps it works differently with my operating system? *shrugs* I'm sticking to .59 as this doesn't seem any more convenient for .60c
not a big problem since all I do is texturing right now :p

late reply I know

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
i have a request for the bone editor. would it be poissible to have the bones draggable? it seems like it would be easier to move them the way you can see it better rather than putting in numbers and such. it would be much easier imo

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
That's what's so weird about the fighter animation data. For instance, you see Fox's Blaster model and animations inside his texture files, and yet they're also in FitFoxMotionEtc.pac as well.

Of course, the animations are part of the FitFoxEtc archive, instead of the FitFoxMotion archive.
My guess for that is because Falco has the exact same blaster that Fox has, along with his reflector.

This brings up the question of articles.

Another question in relation to the Blaster; I edit the blaster in his texture files, and no effect. I haven't tried the FoxMotion yet.

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
*shakes head*

CTRL right click makes them rotate on a crazy circle for me, not on their central axis. I believe the rotation point is clipped to the viewpoint rather than the character model x_x
I can rotate the model like .59 when I zoom all the way in, but zooming out just makes the character fly around in a giant circle off the screen... perhaps it works differently with my operating system? *shrugs* I'm sticking to .59 as this doesn't seem any more convenient for .60c

late reply I know
shift right click works wonders

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
ASKF I'm trying to replace a model, and I need to change the bones and stuff(like with an assist). How do I go about doing this?

Also, does anyone know which Adventure Stage contains the Meta Ridley battle? I've looked, but I don't feel like digging through 200 not named levels.

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
ASKF I'm trying to replace a model, and I need to change the bones and stuff(like with an assist). How do I go about doing this?

Also, does anyone know which Adventure Stage contains the Meta Ridley battle? I've looked, but I don't feel like digging through 200 not named levels.
I'd also like to know this, and the level where regular Ridley is located...

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice

From what I've seen so far, a couple other characters like Ike do this as well. I noticed the one thing in common they usually have is that a) they are produced from nowhere, and b) usually get thrown or moved away from the character.

A couple other examples of this funky file formating for fighters are Link, Toon Link (HOARDS of equipment), and Ike's sword (Up-B?).

That being said, I feel like I'm going to eat my words later.

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
alright, i'm not messing with this until bones can be edited with the mouse. please do this
He's already said he's doing this. That's why there are no left-click functions right now.

DevilKiller said:
From what I've seen so far, a couple other characters like Ike do this as well. I noticed the one thing in common they usually have is that a) they are produced from nowhere, and b) usually get thrown or moved away from the character.

A couple other examples of this funky file formating for fighters are Link, Toon Link (HOARDS of equipment), and Ike's sword (Up-B?).

That being said, I feel like I'm going to eat my words later.
Are you talking about the animations that are in the FitCharacter or FitCharacter00 files?
Those are just for animating things that AREN'T the actual character. This animates things such as Captain Falcon's Blue Falcon, Link's equipment, Ike's Up+B sword, etc...

Kryal

Smash Ace
*shakes head*

late reply I know
The program uses look-at points to determine the camera position. I don't know why that would be happening, unless the framework is calculating the matrices differently than everyone else. I used to get bizarre camera movement when the matrices were bad, but now that they've been fixed it doesn't happen anymore.

Even though the runtime is supposed to be universal, they tend to act slightly differently depending on the system. Make sure you have .NET 3.5 v1 (use the link at the top page, and re-install). Let me know if this works, otherwise there's something else that I can try.

Kryal

Smash Ace
alright, i'm not messing with this until bones can be edited with the mouse. please do this
Yes, keyframe editing is advanced. I plan on implementing drag controls eventually. Keep in mind that the animation previewer hasn't even been out for a month yet.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Quick update: I've been able to successfully create a BRSTM file from scratch with the new audio encoder. No need for any RVL files or special steps for stereo. Just need to fix it up a bit and make the audio previewer.

Of course, the next step after this is BRSAR.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Quick update: I've been able to successfully create a BRSTM file from scratch with the new audio encoder. No need for any RVL files or special steps for stereo. Just need to fix it up a bit and make the audio previewer.

Of course, the next step after this is BRSAR.
You're making good progress! You happen to know a lot about these files it seems, I hope you can fully implement everything you plan.

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
zoom out then shift right click then normal and ctrl clicks. helps you rotate FAST

also can someone zip me up all the assist/pokemon files??
or tell me what the file names for them are i'd love it

carlpie

Smash Cadet
Ok, just reinstalled the .NET framework... it's no better than before '=_= sorry

zoom out then shift right click then normal and ctrl clicks. helps you rotate FAST
again it only rotates as if the character was on the outside of a spinning disk- it flies around an axis with a huge circle :p

pokelover980

Smash Ace

also can someone zip me up all the assist/pokemon files??
or tell me what the file names for them are i'd love it
Ok, hold on, it'll take me a few minutes to get them all...

EDIT: Actually, every file in the "item" folder except ItemCommonBrres, ItemCommonParam and ItemParam and any file with Param in its name is what you're looking for.

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
Yes, keyframe editing is advanced. I plan on implementing drag controls eventually. Keep in mind that the animation previewer hasn't even been out for a month yet.
thank you. right now, this is WAY too advanced and time consuming for me.

also, when i model swap to play as celebi, he flies right on the floor. is it possible to raise him a little higher? here is a pic of his wait animation

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
Ok, hold on, it'll take me a few minutes to get them all...

EDIT: Actually, every file in the "item" folder except ItemCommonBrres, ItemCommonParam and ItemParam and any file with Param in its name is what you're looking for.
ahh thx, i just found them... i was looking for models and animation lol

Top Bottom