• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

Eldiran

Smash Lord
...And exactly how many times am I going to be completely ignored like several other people in this thread? It doesn't take much but a couple minutes and a bit of consideration to help someone out when they're really trying hard to ask nicely for it. -_-'
People usually get ignored when the solution to their problem isn't known. For example... I have no idea how to fix your problem with Ganon's sword.

However, the Kirby hat swap, I can tell you ... I tried to swap Kirby with his Snake model, but it ended disastrously. He instead became a glitched-out balding bearded blob, missing one arm. He had no headband, except when floating, at which point he became just a headband. When he shielded, his right foot would become huge and then slowly shrink.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
You said you're trying to give Gannon Ike's sword? What did you try?
No, I'm trying to give Ike Ganon's sword. I tried replacing the bress for the swords model and importing the bress for the texures and changing it's type to TextureData since once imported it said "MiscData". All that did was make the game freeze if I tried to attack, plus the sword was still the normal one. When I onyl replace the model, he'll have the normal sword, but when he does Aether, Ganon's sword appears textureless beside Ike's body, and when he does Great Aether, he's actually holding Ganon's sword, but the game freezes.

Edit: @ Eldiran

...I always wondered if that turned out okay or not since someone was trying to do that for FIghter Kirby. I guess not. T_T'

Oh well. There's no way to do it in BrawlBox and there's no code for it either...So much for bringing my Falcon roster up to 8. XD; I guess 7 will do.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
No, I'm trying to give Ike Ganon's sword. I tried replacing the bress for the swords model and importing the bress for the texures and changing it's type to TextureData since once imported it said "MiscData". All that did was make the game freeze if I tried to attack, plus the sword was still the normal one. When I onyl replace the model, he'll have the normal sword, but when he does Aether, Ganon's sword appears textureless beside Ike's body, and when he does Great Aether, he's actually holding Ganon's sword, but the game freezes.
Sorry, Ikes sword is part of his model(like Ness' bat)... So, I don't know if it's doable.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Even though there's a separate model file for it? -.o

Oh well. At least I got my answers for both. Thanks for the help guys. :3

VirgoTheCougar

Smash Cadet
Certain archives require compression. When viewing archives, the compression status bar may display LZ77, which means that the archive is compressed.

On a side note, whenever you modify a PAC file, it would probably use less memory than normal if any of its archives require compression.
Are there certain archives that I should or shouldn't compress? I tried compressing all the root archives but it causes the game to crash.

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
ahhh i was being slow. lol nvm i know what insert and delete is.
but wat about the math button?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
However, the Kirby hat swap, I can tell you ... I tried to swap Kirby with his Snake model, but it ended disastrously. He instead became a glitched-out balding bearded blob, missing one arm. He had no headband, except when floating, at which point he became just a headband. When he shielded, his right foot would become huge and then slowly shrink.
I want to main this kirby

Eldiran

Smash Lord
@Kryal: I could still post my files if necessary. In fact, I already would have, but mediafire's really been acting up lately. :/ Thanks for looking into it.

ahhh i was being slow. lol nvm i know what insert and delete is.
but wat about the math button?
Probably something that hasn't been implemented yet, I imagine.

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
You cannot see his model because he has no textures. Though, by model swapping, I did see how he looked like in his "real" form (3D). You can see it on my blog.
I understand he has no textures, I was just hoping there would be an option to view all textures as a default gray texture. That way, even if something didn't have a texture, you would still be able to see the polygons. We could edit his animations if this was possible...

EDIT: I wasn't going to mention this, but now that I think about it, I don't think anyone has brought this up.

While I know you just added the animation viewer and editor, there seems to be a glitch in the scaling (in the editor, not in the game) that scales objects way too high. I'm guessing it's because when you scale say, the shoulder bone, it scales the entire arm, and I don't think this is how the game handles scaling.

Here's an example of what I mean:

It looks like every joint being scaled is being added together until it becomes that massive size.

carlpie

Smash Cadet
o.O I can't rotate the models anymore? Sliding them around sure helps, I really hated only being able to keep them centered... but rotation preview sure would help...

I'll assume either the control was changed (left click?), or there's a bug for my operating specs...

EDIT: ok, so CTRL+Right click and CTRL+arrowkeys make it rotate on a huge angle... but that's very inconvenient... I'd prefer it if I could rorate them from the central axis of their body x_x not a point in space... is there any way to change the rotation to a similar method as .59?

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
Please forgive me, but I must say I do belevie this belongs in this thread. In another sort of model editor, do you think we could get trophies working? Here are my thoughts:
We put, well, maybe Bowser Jr's model in say, 3dsmax. Then in there, could we ADD bones, to help fix the problem? Im pretty sure everyone is saying that no bones is the problem. So, couldnt we just add some, and edit via brawlbox?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
The ability to drag bone positions by mouse (without too much deformation) would be really sweet.

For example, you could choose a frame and then grab a leg by the foot and use the mouse to reposition the leg. Maybe highlighting bones in this mode would enable them to move? So if you highlight the knee through foot, pulling on the foot would only adjust the knee through foot? That would make things super easy for us dumb folk.

Just an idea if you have time. Thanks for everything so far, though. This is an exceptionally powerful tool.

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
@carlpie, you can still rotate models. you press control and rightclick to rotate it like the earlier versions. took me forever to figure that out too XD

@Wave Kusanagi: sry i didnt get back to you, I just posted it then went to bed. i didnt mean to ignore you, i just didnt see the question yet.

wait so its flying around when you use it? how so? like what does it look like?
it works fine on the Dolphin emulator, but i havent tried it on a wii (mines broken), mabe thats the problem? idk. tell me exactly what its doing when u try to use it if u can. and also, who ur using when u use it.

and yeah, I'm just trying to keep a level of professionalism here. no point in compleatly trouncing on a trait (such as the mastersword only being weildable by link) if there are alternatives such as that sword. there are other swords in the game that are usable. ill start a thread when i get free called the Armory, for weapon model replacements.

and yeah, Ike's sword is part of his model. same with marth. you cant replace them. however, you can replace one of his models (i think he has a model for his special fire or something) with that sword, retexture Ike so Ragnell is invisible, then use PSA to generate that effect on the bones of his hand, then use brawlbox to resize and tweak accordingly. It should work for Ike. unfortunatly, marth and ganondorf are not so lucky, so no adding/replacing swords for them. :(

message me if u need help

and btw

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Are there certain archives that I should or shouldn't compress? I tried compressing all the root archives but it causes the game to crash.
To solve your problem, keep the notes below in mind.

1: The PAC file, sc_selcharacter.pac, has to be compressed.

2: All the BRRES archives inside sc_selcharacter.pac are not compressed.

3: The PAC archive, char_bust_tex_lz77, is not compressed, but the BRRES archives inside that archive have to be compressed.

Follow these notes, and sc_selcharacter.pac should operate properly again.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Nice update Kryal, you're greatness never ends. I finally got to edit Lucario with your advice about adding a frame to the animation. Now there's no NaN error upon reloading the file. This version also turned hours of work into about 20 minutes of work with your Copy and Paste buttons. You have done it again Kryal, I thank you and hope you can finish up whatever you're currently working on.

VirgoTheCougar

Smash Cadet

3: The PAC archive, char_bust_tex_lz77, is not compressed, but the BRRES archives inside that archive have to be compressed.

Thanks a bunch! I'll try it out as soon as I can.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
@carlpie, you can still rotate models. you press control and rightclick to rotate it like the earlier versions. took me forever to figure that out too XD

@Wave Kusanagi: sry i didnt get back to you, I just posted it then went to bed. i didnt mean to ignore you, i just didnt see the question yet.

wait so its flying around when you use it? how so? like what does it look like?
it works fine on the Dolphin emulator, but i havent tried it on a wii (mines broken), mabe thats the problem? idk. tell me exactly what its doing when u try to use it if u can. and also, who ur using when u use it.

and yeah, I'm just trying to keep a level of professionalism here. no point in compleatly trouncing on a trait (such as the mastersword only being weildable by link) if there are alternatives such as that sword. there are other swords in the game that are usable. ill start a thread when i get free called the Armory, for weapon model replacements.

and yeah, Ike's sword is part of his model. same with marth. you cant replace them. however, you can replace one of his models (i think he has a model for his special fire or something) with that sword, retexture Ike so Ragnell is invisible, then use PSA to generate that effect on the bones of his hand, then use brawlbox to resize and tweak accordingly. It should work for Ike. unfortunatly, marth and ganondorf are not so lucky, so no adding/replacing swords for them. :(

message me if u need help

and btw
Oh no no, it's fine. I wasn't mad at you at all. x_x Sorry I was so grumpy and everything. It was just a bit frustrating since I didn't know about the sword being part of the model. But...Sheesh, that seems like an awful lot of work just to get oen sword to show up. XD

Oh, and I didn't mean your Ganon sword flew around. It does just fine. :3 I meant hwen I replaced the beamsword with Ike's sword, or more accurately when BSZ did, whenever you swung it, it would fly around along different axis' and stuff. Like if I were to do Sonic's running slash, it would be spinning over his head, then return to his hand, but the hitboxes were still in the right spot of course.

When doing this with Ike, it made me think of using Master Sora from KH2 XD

Thanks for all your help Marrok :3

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
now on waluigi, hes got his racket permantly on him

on the left panel in preview where u can disable polygons, his racket is made up of polygons 1 2 and 4. if i disable these polygons in the preview, everything he does in the preview is racket-less and looks perfect.

so the question is, how can i disable these polygons while playing? (and also re-enable them if i want to, like for his fsmash, sort of like what peach does)

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
So, looks like I'm gonna need to hunt down some files. All of the textures and models for the Pokemon, Assist Trophies, SSE enemies (pretty much any non-playable character)....in what file(s) are those characters located? I can't find them in the common3. A link would be appreciated.

Kryal

Smash Ace
@Kryal: I could still post my files if necessary. In fact, I already would have, but mediafire's really been acting up lately. :/ Thanks for looking into it.
Don't worry about it. I've fixed it. Apparently the CHR0 encoder needed some attention. Update soon.

Kryal

Smash Ace
now on waluigi, hes got his racket permantly on him

on the left panel in preview where u can disable polygons, his racket is made up of polygons 1 2 and 4. if i disable these polygons in the preview, everything he does in the preview is racket-less and looks perfect.

so the question is, how can i disable these polygons while playing? (and also re-enable them if i want to, like for his fsmash, sort of like what peach does)
Theoretically, you could set all the scale values to zero.

Kryal

Smash Ace
I understand he has no textures, I was just hoping there would be an option to view all textures as a default gray texture. That way, even if something didn't have a texture, you would still be able to see the polygons. We could edit his animations if this was possible...

EDIT: I wasn't going to mention this, but now that I think about it, I don't think anyone has brought this up.

While I know you just added the animation viewer and editor, there seems to be a glitch in the scaling (in the editor, not in the game) that scales objects way too high. I'm guessing it's because when you scale say, the shoulder bone, it scales the entire arm, and I don't think this is how the game handles scaling.

Here's an example of what I mean:

It looks like every joint being scaled is being added together until it becomes that massive size.
Allow me to explain how the transformation values work. Every transform value (translate, rotate, scale) that you place on a bone affects all other bones attached to it. If you scale one part of the model, all parts attached to it will also scale. There's no need to set scale values for all bones, only the parent bone. This is also true for translate and rotate: the location and rotation of every piece of geometry is relative to its parent.

So, set scale values only on the parts you want changed and leave the child bones alone. If you want to set the child bones back to normal scale, reduce the scale appropriately (with some math).

Example:

Sonic's entire hand is scaled to 1.5 using the LHandN bone. I then set L1stNa to 0.6666, which makes his index finger normal size.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Does anyone know how to add win animations to Alloys?

I was able to add entry animations to them by adding animations EntryL and EntryR (which I copied from anothe char and it worked fine) though when I created and replaced Lose Win1 Win1Wait Win2 etc. it didnt work and it still does a T stance on the end screen

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
But how would we make it do tat with out a code? o_O
You don't since it'll probably waste your time trying to do it. Just use the code instead. XD

Alloy Victory/Loss Poses:
0477F8EC 60000000

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
Allow me to explain how the transformation values work. Every transform value (translate, rotate, scale) that you place on a bone affects all other bones attached to it. If you scale one part of the model, all parts attached to it will also scale. There's no need to set scale values for all bones, only the parent bone. This is also true for translate and rotate: the location and rotation of every piece of geometry is relative to its parent.

So, set scale values only on the parts you want changed and leave the child bones alone. If you want to set the child bones back to normal scale, reduce the scale appropriately (with some math).

Example:

Sonic's entire hand is scaled to 1.5 using the LHandN bone. I then set L1stNa to 0.6666, which makes his index finger normal size.
Oh, no, I didn't change anything with that animation, that's what it looks like loaded right from the original file. I understand how the bones scale, I just can't figure out why some animations go so out of proportion. There must be some kind of thing in the game that tells what type of scaling to use(?)...

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
lololololol yay! i made wolf do some air guitar for his victory pose! yay! omg this makes me so happy :D LOVE the animation swap.

btw Kryal what do you want for christmas? i will legit send you a gift i am so grateful for Brawlbox.

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
Good idea! Thanks for the report by the way. Easy fix!

Ok as usual i'm not having any problems anyone else talks about :laugh:
but i have my own one :)

goes like this....... i need an undo button lol..
other than that this is WONDERFUL
thx for the program as always

Kryal

Smash Ace
Oh, no, I didn't change anything with that animation, that's what it looks like loaded right from the original file. I understand how the bones scale, I just can't figure out why some animations go so out of proportion. There must be some kind of thing in the game that tells what type of scaling to use(?)...
So wait, what did you change then? I don't recommend changing the bind pose at all. Until vertices can be rebuilt this is a no-go.

*Edit*

This could also be due to the encoder bug. It may work better for the next release.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Found out why scale wasn't working in-game. I made Captain's head inflate during his AppealHi. Talk about a hernia!

VirgoTheCougar

Smash Cadet

I did everything you specified and it still freezes my game!
Here's the compression list of my common5:

common5_en: None

FitLizardonMotionEtc: None/ All archives inside: None

FitZenigameMotionEtc: None/ All archives inside: None

sc_selcharacter2_en: LZ77/ All archives inside: None

sc_selcharacter_en: LZ77/ All archives inside: None/ All archives inside char_bust_tex_lz77: LZ77

sc_selmap_en: LZ77/ All archives inside: None

What is causing the game to crash? Some of the CSP pics are in RGB5A3 format rather than C18. Is that why it's crashing?

Top Bottom