• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Anyway I can shrink my Red Alloy?

I figured I could change the scale of every single animation lol, but thats way too much work. Wouldn't there be a size modifer code that could just make Red Alloy like .8 size when used on any controller port?

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
So wait, what did you change then? I don't recommend changing the bind pose at all. Until vertices can be rebuilt this is a no-go.

*Edit*

This could also be due to the encoder bug. It may work better for the next release.
I didn't change anything, that's just how most of his ground attacks display in brawlbox.

(Sorry, I think I typed way too much in my last posts that my original point was lost XD, I've got to learn to shorten my messages x_x...)

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Anyway I can shrink my Red Alloy?

I figured I could change the scale of every single animation lol, but thats way too much work. Wouldn't there be a size modifer code that could just make Red Alloy like .8 size when used on any controller port?
That's not necessary -- just go edit his PSA and change attribute B4. B4 is Size. Try changing it to 1.

Also, nice job on Waluigi! If you uncheck "Moves Character" from those attacks that stick him deep in the ground, that should fix it.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
That's not necessary -- just go edit his PSA and change attribute B4. B4 is Size. Try changing it to 1.

Also, nice job on Waluigi! If you uncheck "Moves Character" from those attacks that stick him deep in the ground, that should fix it.
this method worked great, the other didnt lol

changing those bones rly messed up the model

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I'm sure this has been asked already and may be a bit tiresome to reply but how do I use switch a character with the Alloys? I want to start working on a Lyn project.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure this has been asked already and may be a bit tiresome to reply but how do I use switch a character with the Alloys? I want to start working on a Lyn project.
You want to know how to swap the models? Open the Lyn file in Brawl Box and go into model data and then 3D models. Right click on the Lyn model file(should be MDL0). Export that. Then open the alloy file and go to the model file like before right click and press replace, then replace with the Lyn model file. You should test that right away to make sure it works, then start editing.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
You want to know how to swap the models? Open the Lyn file in Brawl Box and go into model data and then 3D models. Right click on the Lyn model file(should be MDL0). Export that. Then open the alloy file and go to the model file like before right click and press replace, then replace with the Lyn model file. You should test that right away to make sure it works, then start editing.
Thank you, I'll start doing that right now.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Update release. Lots of fixes to the CHR0 encoder.
Rebuilding whole FitMotion files produces no problems, and so far tests are all good.
Scaling works now.
Fixed a minor bug in MSBin files.

And on that note, good night!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Wait, changing what bones?
where you highlight the bones then change the scale on the bottom right side
but w/e, the psa attribute worked great

---

either way, in the future will this program have any support for editing hitboxes? like u open up a char model, open up animations, then open up the fitXXX.pac file and u can choose to see the hitboxes overtop of the animation and kind of edit them in a visual manner (length, placement, size, etc)

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Hitboxes, or hurtboxes?

Because we definitely need the latter.

And Kryal, I really appreciate how dedicated you are to this. Consistent, small, bug-fixing updates are awesome.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Update release. Lots of fixes to the CHR0 encoder.
Rebuilding whole FitMotion files produces no problems, and so far tests are all good.
Scaling works now.
Fixed a minor bug in MSBin files.

And on that note, good night!
Beautiful! Excellent, excellent work. It works flawlessly -- Galleom is back in business.

where you highlight the bones then change the scale on the bottom right side
but w/e, the psa attribute worked great

---

either way, in the future will this program have any support for editing hitboxes? like u open up a char model, open up animations, then open up the fitXXX.pac file and u can choose to see the hitboxes overtop of the animation and kind of edit them in a visual manner (length, placement, size, etc)
Huh, okay. Anyway, I think PSA is more than good enough for editing hitboxes, personally. Maybe after everything ever has been made to work, hitbox visualizing could be added.

Hurtbox editing isn't doable in PSA, though, so it would be a nice addition. Well, more like, knowing what determines hurtboxes in the first place would be nice.

That reminds me, what exactly is "BoxMin" and "BoxMax" on the bones in BrawlBox?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Is there a way to copy / pasta every bone's information for a frame into a different frame of another move rather than doing this bone by bone? Thanks.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I did everything you specified and it still freezes my game!
Here's the compression list of my common5:

common5_en: None

FitLizardonMotionEtc: None/ All archives inside: None

FitZenigameMotionEtc: None/ All archives inside: None

sc_selcharacter2_en: LZ77/ All archives inside: None

sc_selcharacter_en: LZ77/ All archives inside: None/ All archives inside char_bust_tex_lz77: LZ77

sc_selmap_en: LZ77/ All archives inside: None

What is causing the game to crash? Some of the CSP pics are in RGB5A3 format rather than C18. Is that why it's crashing?
You just stated your problem right there. ALL portrait textures are in CI8 (tex#00_09) format, and use an RGB5A3 (+2) format palette. The colors do vary between portraits, but most use up to 240 colors. Make sure that EVERY texture inside char_bust_tex_lz77 has those formats, and try again.

If it still crashes, find an unedited sc_selcharacter.pac file, and redo your portrait replacing stuff all over again.

Also, you can just use sc_selcharacter.pac alone by placing it in the directory below.

[SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\menu2\sc_selcharacter.pac

Alphatron

Smash Champion
A messed up common5 wouldn't EVER freeze the game at the strap loader, would it?

This started happening to me after I edited two things. I only altered CSPs within the common5.pac.

Slashy

Smash Lord
A messed up common5 wouldn't EVER freeze the game at the strap loader, would it?

This started happening to me after I edited two things. I only altered CSPs within the common5.pac.
Some versions of the FPC load common5 at boot and store it into RAM.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
^Are you referring to the menu animations? Like how the picture moves when you pass over a button.

I was able to edit something texture wise.

bboynotbgirl

Smash Journeyman
holy crap im so noob. im having trouble actually getting to animations. i can access snakes animations, but i cant get to fox's? i dont know if im looking in the right spot, but im using fit[character]motionetc.pac can anyone help? and snake is still just bones. i feel like im making this more complicated than it really is lol

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
someone mentioned (i forget if its this thread or not) that theres like 4 or 6 unused character selection icons. are the blank templates for them in a file somewhere that brawlbox can edit? that way i could make one of em waluigi and have the red alloy point to it in a code.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I got all excited that scaling is working now but I still have the same problem with freezing. Modified FitNessMotionEtc.pac, file replacement 3.5.1, in the correct directory on the SD. It freezes at either the CSS, the SSS or when I load the match. I think it just freezes when it loads Ness.

VirgoTheCougar

Smash Cadet
You just stated your problem right there. ALL portrait textures are in CI8 (tex#00_09) format, and use an RGB5A3 (+2) format palette. The colors do vary between portraits, but most use up to 240 colors. Make sure that EVERY texture inside char_bust_tex_lz77 has those formats, and try again.

If it still crashes, find an unedited sc_selcharacter.pac file, and redo your portrait replacing stuff all over again.

Also, you can just use sc_selcharacter.pac alone by placing it in the directory below.

[SD drive]\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\menu2\sc_selcharacter.pac
Ah yes, I just noticed that.

Though, not a major problem, per se, but the C18 format makes a lot of my high quality pics appear with a very low quality, even some pics I took from the game. Is there a way to make them look as good as the regular CSP pics?

Kryal

Smash Ace
Ah yes, I just noticed that.

Though, not a major problem, per se, but the C18 format makes a lot of my high quality pics appear with a very low quality, even some pics I took from the game. Is there a way to make them look as good as the regular CSP pics?
The quantizer needs rebuilt. It's on the list I swear! You can index it in Gimp/PhotoShop and then import it with BBox.

Kryal

Smash Ace
I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I got all excited that scaling is working now but I still have the same problem with freezing. Modified FitNessMotionEtc.pac, file replacement 3.5.1, in the correct directory on the SD. It freezes at either the CSS, the SSS or when I load the match. I think it just freezes when it loads Ness.
Remove/rename Ness' folder on the SD card to see if it is Ness. If so, use one file at a time to see which file is freezing. If it's the FitMotion file, send it to me.

Kryal

Smash Ace
holy crap im so noob. im having trouble actually getting to animations. i can access snakes animations, but i cant get to fox's? i dont know if im looking in the right spot, but im using fit[character]motionetc.pac can anyone help? and snake is still just bones. i feel like im making this more complicated than it really is lol
Make sure the textures are loading properly. Right-click on one and check the source.

To load animations, click the Load button and open up the FitMotion.pac for that character.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Remove/rename Ness' folder on the SD card to see if it is Ness. If so, use one file at a time to see which file is freezing. If it's the FitMotion file, send it to me.
I already tested the individual files, FitNessMotionEtc.pac and FitNess.pac both cause freezing. In Wait3 his hand changes scale in a variety of ways and a graphic bubble is created each time to see how the bone's scale affects the graphic. I don't see why FitNess is causing freezing though, I'd better recreate that one.

Okay, I fixed FitNess. Don't know what was wrong with it.

Aaand now FitNessMotion etc is working without any problems... I didn't change it at all... whaaat. Oh well, not complaining if it wants to work now.

Top Bottom