• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
Just guessing here on how the animations, work, but I hope this is right? If not, I'll edit this out. But this is uber-awesome. :)

Do you remember playing with graphic effects in PSA and giving them X, Y and Z offsets? Is this the same thing here, but for each frame of animation instead?

My Sonic-obssessed friends will orgasm when they see Shadow with PROPER QUILLS.

EDIT:

BY any chance, do the quills you edited belong to the "Sting" group in Sonic's motion pac?

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
Do you remember playing with graphic effects in PSA and giving them X, Y and Z offsets? Is this the same thing here, but for each frame of animation instead?
I've barely used PSA yet, so I don't know. I haven't tried effects yet, sorry.

BY any chance, do the quills you edited belong to the "Sting" group in Sonic's motion pac?
Yes, I guess they thought of them as stingers rather than quills or spikes.
U is the top quill
RA is the top right quill
RB is the bottom right quill
LA is the top left quill
LB is the bottom left quill
and D is the bottom/middle quill

Also, each quill ends with an "a" "b", or "c".
a is the base of the quill
b is the tip of the quill for every quill exept for "U", in which case it would be the center of the quill
c is the tip of the U quill.

As for a tutorial, I can't really give one, I just kept guessing on what direction to turn them in, and even worse, each bone seems to use different axises to turn on, so it's very confusing x_x... The only reason I was able to get it done fairly fast was because I put my Wii and TV right next to the computer :p...

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Wow, really nice update Kryal!

I've been playing around with the new version and came up with some cool results:

(The skin isn't mine)

I had a lot of trouble adjusting the arms since there's no animation preview yet, but I think it came out fairly good considering the circumstances.

The only suggestion I'd make is to allow multiple bone replacement and exporting at once, that way I could just import the spikes and nothing else for all the other animations.

But seriously great work!
I.....NEED......NAO!! lol

Download when finished please?:)

Or from Kyzon Xin when he's finished, either would be fine

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Hooray, animation editing!

...However, I have one question. Is there any possibility of an external CHR0 compiler? You know, so I could animate something in 3DS Max, export the animation, then compile it into a CHR0? It would make putting together new animations much less time consuming.

(I'm pretty sure someone could make one based off BrawlBox's source. I could try, but I don't understand coding. @_@)

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
i can say without exageration; that is the best thing ever in the history of forever.
*bows down*
*sacrifices a goat*

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
Just guessing here on how the animations, work, but I hope this is right? If not, I'll edit this out. But this is uber-awesome. :)

My Sonic-obssessed friends will orgasm when they see Shadow with PROPER QUILLS.

EDIT:

yes.
D and U are the middle down and up and the R and L are the right and left quills

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
i can say without exageration; that is the best thing ever in the history of forever.
*bows down*
*sacrifices a goat*
yeah...I`m gonna go ahead and say that`s a little too much.
Ontopic: It looks like this new BB finally allows for custom animations ^_^! Soon Mewtwo will be complete, C`MON PHARROX!!!

Baro

Smash Journeyman
As soon as an animation preview is possible (which might be a LONG time), the new era shall begin.

Untouch

Smash Master
How would you add an ON animation to a platform, like the springs for stage builder?

pokelover980

Smash Ace
As soon as an animation preview is possible (which might be a LONG time), the new era shall begin.
I though Kryal said that it was already done, but he just couldn't figure out a good way to implement it and make it look good? In an earlier post he said he couldn't figure out how he wanted to implement the editor into the viewer.

EDIT: Whoops, he said eventually, not that it was done.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
Mmm this is awesome. I need to hop on the PC asap to play with it. |D

And as someone else said, now all we need to have is an animation compiler of some sort so we can create our own animations in 3ds Max, Blender, Maya, whatever. How exciting! :D

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
I'm so angry I like Shadow. I might replace a character none of my friends like with him.

And before anyone says it, I have gotten total character swaps to work fine.. Articles/attack collision are the only things you can't replace with just lazily swaping files right now. And Attacks can be ported with PSA, but in Shadows case, a whole new move set would be obligatory.

With that said, Ness with Lucas' moves was my test subject. It was 100% perfect except the Usmash and Dsmash crashed the game.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Mmm this is awesome. I need to hop on the PC asap to play with it. |D

And as someone else said, now all we need to have is an animation compiler of some sort so we can create our own animations in 3ds Max, Blender, Maya, whatever. How exciting! :D
Animations in these formats are either proprietary (which means there's no documentation), depreciated or packed. You can't simply import/export an animation into these programs because it's part of the scene (I could be wrong but blender might be able to). And if you're going to encode/decode model formats then you might as well use Pharrox's tool.

I know how I want to do the bone/animation editor, but the question on my mind right now is whether or not I want to make a 3D modeling program. Because, that's what I'll be getting myself into :urg:. I've thought about the possibility of making an encoder/decoder for blender files (because blender is free). But, the problem Pharrox ran into with his project was the fact that some programs have features that others don't (texture animations for example).

As it is, the editor is simply a way to change the animations without an interface. Consider it a concept. If I were to place it into the model editor it would be much like any other modeling program, where the bones could be manipulated with the mouse, frame-by-frame. If I do this I open pandora's box, because if I do one thing I have to do it all.

Such choices...

Kinkedo56

Smash Cadet

I've been playing around with the new version and came up with some cool results:

(The skin isn't mine)

I had a lot of trouble adjusting the arms since there's no animation preview yet, but I think it came out fairly good considering the circumstances.

The only suggestion I'd make is to allow multiple bone replacement and exporting at once, that way I could just import the spikes and nothing else for all the other animations.

But seriously great work!
WOW NICE WORK! At first I thought it was the actual AT model of Shadow as the gloomy face and spikes and those evil eyes looked perfect. His textures usually gives it away for most people as Sonics spikes is down and his face has a smile. At first that made me go HYPE!!! But I noticed his shoes didn't resemble him so I figured out it wasn't him. You had me there XD

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
Alright, it seems some people here are already getting the hand of the animation editor (or is that the model I'm looking at for ZSS?) Either way, I'm sure all of you want to go and edit Sonic right now. Well, it's not that hard...theoretically.

This is what happens when you mess with the "Translation" box.

Originally, the tip of Sonic's upper left and right quills were set at 0. (???) If I increase the number in the Y column, the tip of his quill would go up. If I increased the number in the X column, I wuld assume that the quills would strech out farther.

Here's another example, let's take Captain Falcon fist. If I increase X, his fist will float farther away in front of his body, streching the arm. If I increase the Y, his fist will rise in the air. If I increase/decrease the Z, his fist will go into the background or towards the viewer.

It seems that no matter how much you change the number, the bone between the joints will strech in an effort to connect with them. So Falcon's fist could be two miles ahead of him, but his forearm will strech all the way to connect with that fist.

Comprende? There's more to, since I haven't explained Rotation, but it should get most of you people started.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Three questions:

1. How do you do this thing to edit bones so that you can model swap with Assist Trophies, etc. I know some people have done it, so can someone please answer me.

2. Is Pharrox's tool out yet? I don't think it is, but what Kryal said made it seem like it is.

3. What is XRotN and YRotN? Thanks, TheSilenceOfNoOne.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
XRotN is the rotation clockwise of the character. (Think cartwheel.)
YRotN is the rotation into the background of the character. (Think backflip.)

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Ok, i just tried out the new MSBIN editor and i must say..... AMAZING. It's just like Notepad! I changed the song names for Mu_Mainmenu.pac! You know what that means? CUSTOM SONG NAMES. ON MY MUSIC.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I have been doing this SO. WRONG.

We're just EDITING THE ANIMATIONS. Am I right.

You look at the CHR0 file, and play around with it. Right.

I totally have NOT been doing that.

Someone explain.

Let's say I wanted to make Bowser's hair smaller IF POSSIBLE.
What would each Scale value do? Actually scale the hair or edit its size?
Seems scaling has done nothing. I'll try translation.

DiamondbodySharpshooter

Smash Journeyman
Hey, does any one who likes my Shanoa project and know their animations want to help me? I'm trying to get her legs to move for her usmash (I switched the good captain's kick in) but it won't work, and that's impeding my process. So, any takers?

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Ok, i just tried out the new MSBIN editor and i must say..... AMAZING. It's just like Notepad! I changed the song names for Mu_Mainmenu.pac! You know what that means? CUSTOM SONG NAMES. ON MY MUSIC.
did you test it? did it work on the sd card?

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Hey kryal, ive been looking at the formats animations can be exported in and i think i might be able to provide some help on how you can export an animation from poser and convert it to CHR0.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Hey kryal, ive been looking at the formats animations can be exported in and i think i might be able to provide some help on how you can export an animation from poser and convert it to CHR0.
Animations are also useless without the models to work with...

Top Bottom