• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

Black Star

Smash Cadet
Umm, i was wondering if anyone had the source code to brawlbox?
I wanted to see if i could customize it a bit for myself but when i go to the googlecode site for the source code all i see is this and the site that is says to go to does not exist.

Bero

Smash Journeyman
Umm, i was wondering if anyone had the source code to brawlbox?
I wanted to see if i could customize it a bit for myself but when i go to the googlecode site for the source code all i see is this and the site that is says to go to does not exist.
Please wait a moment. I'm going to build a thread that will be for only BrawlLib/BrawlBox modding.
I've already made a site in google code. Everyone who will try to edit them should share codes.

Black Star

Smash Cadet
Alright, sounds good. :)
Not the best at coding yet though,(still learning in college)but hopefully i'll somewhat understand it! xD

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
BrawlBox Modset1
http://brawldev.googlecode.com/files/BrawlBox Modset.zip

Change Log
1 Export All for chr0s
2 When you press up key on animation input box, value will increase 0.1, and the model will immediately reflects your input. Also, when you press up key+shift key, value will increase 1.0.
3 Export/Import srt0 entries. Import menu will appear when you right click on srt0 node.
4 All data in Scene node is editable now.

There may be some bugs because there are some unknown values in srt0 node.
I won't be able to do anything if there are bugs because I don't know how to edit them.

By the way, exporting/importing srt0 entries gave me a lot of knowledge about BrawlLib and Object Oriented Programming. I want to try many things from now( I want to analyze AI first.)
*changes to mario's voice*

Just what I needed! ^_^

*quits mario's voice*

No more hex editing for custom lights and fogs :laugh:

Thanks a lot :p

Bero

Smash Journeyman
@Black Star
I'm not expert of coding, so you may code better than me. As I said, I have learned C# for only 3-4 months:)

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
BrawlBox Modset1
http://brawldev.googlecode.com/files/BrawlBox Modset.zip

Change Log
1 Export All for chr0s
2 When you press up key on animation input box, value will increase 0.1, and the model will immediately reflects your input. Also, when you press up key+shift key, value will increase 1.0.
3 Export/Import srt0 entries. Import menu will appear when you right click on srt0 node.
4 All data in Scene node is editable now.

There may be some bugs because there are some unknown values in srt0 node.
I won't be able to do anything if there are bugs because I don't know how to edit them.

By the way, exporting/importing srt0 entries gave me a lot of knowledge about BrawlLib and Object Oriented Programming. I want to try many things from now( I want to analyze AI first.)
totally super star ultra awesome :3

but I have one question. that srt0 entries, can you make new and custom srt0's or it is only importing other srt0's?
its would be awesome is you can make customs srt0's x3
but otherwise and I say it again
totally super star ultra awesome :3

Bero

Smash Journeyman
@pikazz
Let's talk about it in new thread

I won't be able to make custom srt0 function because there are some unknown values even Kryal hasn't understood. It is faster than waiting for me to read BrawlLib source yourself.

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
*changes to mario's voice*

Just what I needed! ^_^

*quits mario's voice*

No more hex editing for custom lights and fogs :laugh:

Thanks a lot :p
When someone figures out how to remove that stupid foggy layer some stages have, please please tell me xD

EDIT: Set Float1, 2, etc in the fog section to 0 Says mewtwo_2000. It works

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
For some reason, BrawlBox just flat out refuses to do Transform All for me. I need it so I can reposition some animation frames to use on other animations, like Wait1 for Turn, and WalkSlow for WalkBrake.

Does anyone think they know what the problem is? I have selected the animation adn such, but after I click copy, nothing happens when I paste.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Your problem is that you are trying to paste a frame from one animation to another, which doesn't work.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of NOT being able to copy and paste transformations between animations, can you please, please make that possible.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
An entire frame, yes. In fact I did it while working on my projects custom Dash animation.
have you replace the first animation you copied and the other is not replaced and straight custom from one animation that has nothing to do with the current model?
from that I have seen, the copy all only seems to copy the bones that are on current model och it ONLY let you paste it on those bones.
if you REPLACE one original animation from a other model on wait1 (let say my hoppip over pikachu). The wait1 will not have pikachus bones in it but hoppips. if you MADE CUSTOM from the base (pikachus wait1 so it looks good on hoppip) the wait1 animations will both have pikachus AND hoppips bones in it.

sorry if it kinda are hard to understand but I tried ^^'

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Just being able to copy/paste all the translations from all bones from one animation to the other in one click would be amazing

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
At last for me worked too, not tested with the new version anyway O.o

pokelover980

Smash Ace
You guys do know that all is possible right?
I mean the copy&paste entire frame thing works me at least
Wait wait what. Maybe it got updated in .63d to do that? It hasn't worked for me before, but then again, I haven't tested it in the newest version :U

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Well, yeah. That's pretty obvious, considering it has a button for it.

But if you want to copy a move from one character to another, it would be incredibly convenient if you could not replace the translation as well. Considering that's what skews characters.

SmashClash

Smash Apprentice

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
If the flags are changed to 792 as opposed to 799, that means that the binary is as follows:

0011 0001 1000

Which means that HasGeometry, Unknown2, Unknown1, and FixedScale are on (from left to right). I haven't testes it for myself, but if NoTransform is on, I think it doesn't move on the screen. FixedTranslation might make it so that it can't be moved, FixedRotation might make things unable to rotate, and FixedScale might make it so that you can't make it any larger/smaller.

Here's every byte set that's used for bones (4 bytes each):

0x00 - Header Length (Usually 00D0)
0x04 - MDL0 Offset
0x08 - String Offset
0x0C - Bone Index
0x10 - Node ID
0x14 - Flags
0x18 - Pad 1
0x1C - Pad 2
0x20 - Scale X
0x24 - Scale Y
0x28 - Scale Z
0x2C - Rotation X
0x30 - Rotation Y
0x34 - Rotation Z
0x38 - Translation X
0x3C - Translation Y
0x40 - Translation Z
0x44 - Box Min. X
0x48 - Box Min. Y
0x4C - Box Min. Z
0x50 - Box Max. X
0x54 - Box Max. Y
0x58 - Box Max. Z
0x5C - Parent Offset
0x60 - First Child Offset
0x64 - Next Offset
0x68 - Previous Offset
0x6C - Bone Strings/Properties Offset
0x70 - FrameMatrix Set 1 Float 1
0x74 - FrameMatrix Set 2 Float 1
0x78 - FrameMatrix Set 3 Float 1
0x7C - FrameMatrix Set 4 Float 1
0x80 - FrameMatrix Set 1 Float 2
0x84 - FrameMatrix Set 2 Float 2
0x88 - FrameMatrix Set 3 Float 2
0x8C - FrameMatrix Set 4 Float 2
0x90 - FrameMatrix Set 1 Float 3
0x94 - FrameMatrix Set 2 Float 3
0x98 - FrameMatrix Set 3 Float 3
0x9C - FrameMatrix Set 4 Float 3
0xA0 - InverseBindMatrix Set 1 Float 1
0xA4 - InverseBindMatrix Set 2 Float 1
0xA8 - InverseBindMatrix Set 3 Float 1
0xAC - InverseBindMatrix Set 4 Float 1
0xB0 - InverseBindMatrix Set 1 Float 2
0xB4 - InverseBindMatrix Set 2 Float 2
0xB8 - InverseBindMatrix Set 3 Float 2
0xBC - InverseBindMatrix Set 4 Float 2
0xC0 - InverseBindMatrix Set 1 Float 3
0xC4 - InverseBindMatrix Set 2 Float 3
0xC8 - InverseBindMatrix Set 3 Float 3
0xCC - InverseBindMatrix Set 4 Float 3

So, 0x14 bytes in to the bone's header (which is 20 in decimal) will be 031F, which is where the bone flags are. Changing that to either 318 or 310 might fix the snow not being able to move.
Been reading this i think i got it however i just need to know how to get to these offsets

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Been reading this i think i got it however i just need to know how to get to these offsets
Every bone has about 0xD0 (or 208 in decimal) bytes. Those offsets tell you how far into the properties are the specific values. So, if the bone starts at offset 0x3208 in the file, and you want to change the bone flags, then it's 0x3208 + 0x14, which would give you 0x321C.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
I recommend HxD, it's free and it works pretty nice.
Thanks for the suggestion it works pretty nicely
anyway RTB i'm having trouble getting to the offsets because i'm kinda confused on how to get to them or at least understanding the 0x00 thing
So basically all the 0x00 things are just multiplying it by it's byte right?
Maybe you should link me to a tutorial XD
EDIT:i got how to get the offsets finally however this is my last question do you know what value does what?

Razanak7

Smash Ace
It seems Brawl Box felt like not working now. It won't let me replace textures, it just pops up an error instead.

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its
dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

It just started doing this yesterday. I tried multiple textures, PACs, and also redownloaded Brawl Box. Still nothing.

Any ideas?

pokelover980

Smash Ace
It seems as if it thinks that something in the .NET Framework is missing. Upgrade your framework to 4.0, it's not necessary to run BrawlBox, but it could possibly solve the problem.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
It seems as if it thinks that something in the .NET Framework is missing. Upgrade your framework to 4.0, it's not necessary to run BrawlBox, but it could possibly solve the problem.
I thought I already had it, but it can't hurt to try it.

EDIT: Yep, it worked. Now I feel silly.

Hednah

Smash Rookie
BrawlBox Data Viewer v0.63d

Changes in v0.63d:​
  • Fixed animation encoder bug.
  • Fixed bug dealing with single CLR entries saving improperly.

Changes in v0.63c:​
  • Various bugfixes
  • Added VIS editor
  • Animation frames now interpolate properly.

Changes in v0.63b:​
  • Fixed image encoding bug related to image format on older systems.
  • Fixed save dialog extension bug. Also, numbered extensions will now have real extension added.
  • Fixed rendering bug related to materials without textures.
  • Added various features to collision editor.

Changes in v0.63:​
  • Fixed a bug that was causing decal textures to link improperly in MDL files.
  • Added minor support for EFLS resources.
  • Added support for stage collision files.
  • Added editor for stage collision files.
  • Fixed minor bug that was affecting the way non-textured polygons are rendered (alloy models).
  • Increased maximum frame delay for animation playback.
  • Fixed bug in OpenGL rendering dealing with depth buffer precision.

Screens:​
- - - Resource Manager - - - - - - - Texture Replacer - - - - - - - - Model Viewer - - - -

- - - - Animation editor - - - - - - - - - MSBin Editor - - - - - - Organized RSAR - -

- - - - Brstm creator - - - - - - - - CLR0/PLT0 Editor - - - - - - - - - Collision Editor - - - - -

Requirements:​
  • Microsoft .Net Framework v3.5 SP1 (Get it here!)
  • Video card that supports OpenGL 1.1 or higher.

Tutorials:​

Downloads:​

Bug Reports / Feature Requests:​
Please submit all bug reports and feature requests to the BrawlTools code site. Also, you may search here for currently open or resolved issues.
http://code.google.com/p/brawltools/issues/list
Can someone please tell me how I use this program? The program opens, but.......I don't know what to do! It's just a window where it is written file, edit, tools and help.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Can someone please tell me how I use this program? The program opens, but.......I don't know what to do! It's just a window where it is written file, edit, tools and help.
Well, that all depends on what you're trying to accomplish. Are you making a stage, editing textures, replacing models..?

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
The purpose of the program is to open and manipulate files that are in formats used by Brawl. Think of it like WinZIP or WinRAR, but for files found on Brawl's disc. You CAN create new files with just BrawlBox alone, but if you don't know what you're doing, it's easier to just use it with files taken from Brawl's disc.

Top Bottom