• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
I have a question, and I apologize if this has been asked before.. but...

If I've opened a character with BrawlBox, and I have it sitting in front of me, where I can rotate it etc.

Is there any way to directly export that to an image file, like, in that position? So, if I had Mario facing right in the running position, would there be any way to export that particular frame where I have him?

Because doing a screenshot and editing the background out to make it transparent.. is not fun.
To rotate the Model, Right Click then drag.

And there is no direct screen shot exporter thingy. Just use Snipping tool or some other CPU image tool. And if you want to change the color of the BG, Open the top Bar and click the color box. Change it to magenta and that makes it easy to Turn the BG invisible for any pic.

askingaquestion

Smash Rookie
Open the top Bar and click the color box. Change it to magenta and that makes it easy to Turn the BG invisible for any pic.
That is certaintly helpful.

Another question: is it possible to type in the same rotation and zoom, because the entire translation area is always greyed-out for me.

askingaquestion

Smash Rookie
Sorry to double post, but in addition to the above question, I have one more...

A lot of my characters look really odd in the editor, like, strange eyes, white patches. I used the characters linked in the first page of this topic. Here is an example:

http://i.imgur.com/2lI78.gif

... So the question is... am I doing something wrong? Have updated characters been released since, or an updated software? Or, is this just the way it is?

askingaquestion

Smash Rookie
Is a fault of the rendering. Everybody looks like that.
OK, thank you for the response.

Any word on whether you can type in rotation/position/size numbers instead of just using the mouse? The area which looks like the right thing.. is greyed out. I need to get a consistent transformation for each model.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
What are you asking exactly? You can't rotate the camera with the keyboard, and you can't change translation/size/rotation of the model with your mouse.

Actually, you may be able to move the camera with the keyboard slightly, but it's button-input, not value based.

askingaquestion

Smash Rookie
What are you asking exactly? You can't rotate the camera with the keyboard, and you can't change translation/size/rotation of the model with your mouse.

Actually, you may be able to move the camera with the keyboard slightly, but it's button-input, not value based.
When you hold down the right mouse button, you move the character around. When you scroll the mouse wheel, you zoom. When you hold CTRL and right mouse, it turns the character.

I want to be able to do these things by typing in numbers. This way, I can get the same turn/zoom/position for each character, without having to guestimate with my mouse and human brain.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
That's what I thought. And not possible, like I said. :(

(You're moving the camera, not the model, FYI)

Toomai

Smash Ace
So I was attempting to export some MiscData from Subspace Emissary stages so I could analyze them and puzzle out things such as enemy HP and hitboxes. The problem is that most of the MiscData fails to export because of a System.IO.FileLoadException (The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800703EE)). Is there a way I can fix/get around this?

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
When you hold down the right mouse button, you move the character around. When you scroll the mouse wheel, you zoom. When you hold CTRL and right mouse, it turns the character.

I want to be able to do these things by typing in numbers. This way, I can get the same turn/zoom/position for each character, without having to guestimate with my mouse and human brain.
you can actually if you change the rotation topn bone you can get a certain angle every time

pokelover980

Smash Ace
So I was attempting to export some MiscData from Subspace Emissary stages so I could analyze them and puzzle out things such as enemy HP and hitboxes. The problem is that most of the MiscData fails to export because of a System.IO.FileLoadException (The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800703EE)). Is there a way I can fix/get around this?
Try running as an Administrator if you're on Vista/7 (not just an Admin account, right click the icon and click "Run as Administartor").

Also, as a note, I'm already working on SSE files. Nothing of interest so far except GFG1 blocks (MiscData[7]), which control enemy fighter attributes. There's also what seems to be the SSE module files inside of them, but I lack knowledge of how .rel files work and thus I haven't looked far into them. Lastly, there's a few MiscData which I haven't studied at all, so I suggest you look into those (anything other than MiscData[5], MiscData[7] and MiscData[8]). However, if you can look into the ones I've looked into if you want, I don't think I've pulled out all the info I could from them.

Toomai

Smash Ace
Try running as an Administrator if you're on Vista/7 (not just an Admin account, right click the icon and click "Run as Administartor").

Also, as a note, I'm already working on SSE files. Nothing of interest so far except GFG1 blocks (MiscData[7]), which control enemy fighter attributes. There's also what seems to be the SSE module files inside of them, but I lack knowledge of how .rel files work and thus I haven't looked far into them. Lastly, there's a few MiscData which I haven't studied at all, so I suggest you look into those (anything other than MiscData[5], MiscData[7] and MiscData[8]). However, if you can look into the ones I've looked into if you want, I don't think I've pulled out all the info I could from them.
I tried running as administrator but got the same result (export fail with an empty result file).

And MiscData[7], eh? I was looking at the MiscData[0] inside each enemy's EnmX ARCs, which was giving me things like point value, HP, and resistances.

DAGanmanert

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if I should ask this here, but it's a pretty easy question I can't figure out. Im putting in my custom brawl menu, I have the pic I wanna use and everythings fine. The only thing Im missing is the "pf" folder on my SD card. Im not totally sure how I grab that, I have the other Brawl folders(St,rp, ect). The answer is most likely right in front of me but im probably just semi-********. lol. Help??
Mybad if the other thread was the wrong place, didn't see this one.

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
In the preview mode, is there any way I can turn my camera around the character? I want to texture it's back but I'm currently unable to see if I'm doing it right.

alexjol

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alexjol
3DS FC
2836-0788-1479
In the preview mode, is there any way I can turn my camera around the character? I want to texture it's back but I'm currently unable to see if I'm doing it right.
In the preview, press Ctrl + right click and drag to rotate the camera.

Depster

Smash Champion
Where is the MSG file that controls the comments on the main menu? I DL'd a menu theme from Brawl Vault but the guy edited all the comments to have profanity in them and left that in his texture... I fixed a lot of stuff but still can't find the main menu comments or the Brawl menu comments. I assume this is found in the mu_menumain_en file

blue-merle

Smash Rookie
I use Brawl Box Windows 7. The previews get pixelated, it won't let me delete/replace ploygons, and it occasionally freezes. Is there any fix for this?

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I use Brawl Box Windows 7. The previews get pixelated, it won't let me delete/replace ploygons, and it occasionally freezes. Is there any fix for this?
Pixelated previews are because it stretches smaller images/shrinks larger images to fit in it's preview space. You're not supposed to be able to delete/replace polygons, that's not a bug. The occasional freezing, I would assume, would have to do with your computer. If you're running various other applications at the same time and you don't have a sufficient amount of RAM or a good enough processor, it'll freeze up.

NaZe

Smash Rookie
I can´t preview sounds with this program... Which sounds are the ones used in Snake´s Ftilt?
I wanna change them. But i don´t know how to hear the raw sounds.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I can´t preview sounds with this program... Which sounds are the ones used in Snake´s Ftilt?
I wanna change them. But i don´t know how to hear the raw sounds.
You can't preview sound effects. I'm pretty sure he tried to program it in, but it was too hard and complicated to do so.

Shinobi_3

Smash Rookie
when i tried to install Microsoft .Net Framework v3.5 SP1, it said it encountered an error right before it was finished, now i cant use brawlbox, but i was able to a long time ago...

pokelover980

Smash Ace
when i tried to install Microsoft .Net Framework v3.5 SP1, it said it encountered an error right before it was finished, now i cant use brawlbox, but i was able to a long time ago...
Install the Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0, it's the newer edition and can run programs made with any previous version of the .Net Framework.

Browny

Smash Hater
Any chance of the op being updated?

theres a lot of info missing... whats the point in linking a video which vaguely describes where to get the files when one could link them instead >_<

Is there a link anywhere on SWF which has the character textures or is that illegal to post lol.

Shinobi_3

Smash Rookie
Install the Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0, it's the newer edition and can run programs made with any previous version of the .Net Framework.
thanks, but every installer for .net framework always encounters an error when its almost done, i give up, thanks for the help though.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
thanks, but every installer for .net framework always encounters an error when its almost done, i give up, thanks for the help though.
Uninstall .net framework and then reinstall the newest version if you haven't done that already
I've had this problem as well and it's how i fixed it so it should work

Muhsoce

Smash Cadet
I hope you can help me, Im trying to make the CBP transparent and Im trying using the magenta but the only thing that happens is that appear a grey square, does someone know how to do it, I just want the % and name in there, no pictures or squares, please!

blahman179

Smash Cadet
Yeah....

I just installed .Net framework 4 after having to factory reset, and I'm starting to get bullsh*t.

Every time I go to start Brawlbox, I get "Cannot find a version of runtime to run this application.

Wtf, seriously?

Before having to reset my computer, I could use Brawlbox fine.

The only difference is that I'm on a restricted account now, because my dad's being a hard ***.

Any help?

JCentavo

Smash Cadet
I hope you can help me, Im trying to make the CBP transparent and Im trying using the magenta but the only thing that happens is that appear a grey square, does someone know how to do it, I just want the % and name in there, no pictures or squares, please!
Did you export them as TGA or PNG files? That could be why.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
The only difference is that I'm on a restricted account now
That would probably be your problem. If I remember correctly, .Net applications aren't given as much permission on non-admin accounts, and BrawlBox likely uses some things from it that aren't allowed on restricted accounts.

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
May I suggest a possible future feature? It'd be nice if BBox had a BRSTM volume editor or something. I hate it when you get a song perfect, but then you have to remake it because it's either too freaking loud, or it's so quiet you can't hear sh*7. I would love for BBox to let you edit a BRSTM's volume, rather than having to redo a bajillion songs. It's so tedious...

PS: I'm very aware of MP3Gain, but it's not foolproof at all.

blahman179

Smash Cadet
That would probably be your problem. If I remember correctly, .Net applications aren't given as much permission on non-admin accounts, and BrawlBox likely uses some things from it that aren't allowed on restricted accounts.
here's the thing: my dad let me try it on his account, (he's got an Admin account," and it still came up with the same error message.

Top Bottom