• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Add me to the list of people who are planning on learning C#.NET.

(Hoping my PHP/Java skills will help me...)

Bero

Smash Journeyman
The only way to bring back speed of Brawl hacking is to be hacker each of us.
Depending on few hacking gods will provide us nothing.
I think.

We should have a thread that helps people to learn from each other.

Bero

Smash Journeyman
I use Visual C# to edit BrawlLib source.
It is the best soft because it is free and high performance.

@Bionic
You will be master C# soon because the experience of other programming language is very helpful.
I had learned C until I started learning C#.

fireking220

Smash Rookie
I know pretty simple C++ (command line stuff) How easy will C# be as I would like to help to in the future.

Bero

Smash Journeyman
I started learning C# from March, and I have made some programs since then (for example, Stage Switcher, Codeset Downloader<- for Japanese only, Brawl Custom File Manager, etc).
But when I saw Kryal's code, I felt my weakness of my knowledge. So, I think you will be able to use C# quite soon, but you will take more time to master C#.
If you can understand his code once, you will notice possibility of BrawlBox/BrawlLib.

ds22

Smash Lord
I started learning C# from March, and I have made some programs since then (for example, Stage Switcher, Codeset Downloader<- for Japanese only, Brawl Custom File Manager, etc).
But when I saw Kryal's code, I felt my weakness of my knowledge. So, I think you will be able to use C# quite soon, but you will take more time to master C#.
If you can understand his code once, you will notice possibility of BrawlBox/BrawlLib.
But your knowledge, could that be applied to get the model importer from .64 to work?
Either way, great job so far and please continue with your modifications.

Bero

Smash Journeyman
I think it will come true if many people work on this.

But I'm trying to import srt0 now, model importing is the thing of far future.

Bero

Smash Journeyman
I have finished understanding srt0 file.
Now, I'm going to try exporting SRT0Entries directly(BrawlBox can export SRT0Node, but can't export SRT0Entries now).

alexjol

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alexjol
3DS FC
2836-0788-1479
How do you edit BrawlLib? I opened it with Visual C# 2010 and I can only see what's in it, I can't edit it D:

Bero

Smash Journeyman
Have you ever written any programs in C#?
You have to download source code from googlecode. You need SVN client to download source code from googlecode.

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to help too but all I know is basic php and python

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Well, now I'm going to start learning C# so I can try and improve upon BrawlBox v0.64. I think my basic Java and C++ knowledge might help, so at least I'm off to a good start :U

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
Well, now I'm going to start learning C# so I can try and improve upon BrawlBox v0.64. I think my basic Java and C++ knowledge might help, so at least I'm off to a good start :U
Me too. If I get any good I'd like to combine brawlwall and brawlbox together.

Bero

Smash Journeyman
I'm looking forward to working with you.
Knowledge about pointer is especially important to understand Kryal's code. So, C++ knowledge will be very helpful. An experience of other programming language will help you to understand C# itself too.

By the way, I will finish "Export" function in SRT0EntryNode class(or struct?).

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
Already been done (basically). Kryal made his own collision editor for BrawlBox.
yeah i know but there are certain features in brawlwall that aren't in brawl, like being able to see the death and camera boundaries that would be really helpful in brawl

pokelover980

Smash Ace
yeah i know but there are certain features in brawlwall that aren't in brawl, like being able to see the death and camera boundaries that would be really helpful in brawl
I believe you can edit the bones for Camera Boundaries and Death Boundaries if you look under the correct model file, and I think you can turn bones on in the collision previewer to see them.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Bero, I know you've made editable the B1, B2, B3, B4 and unknown values in lights(NW4R). Would you mind making vec1 and vec2 editable together with the values in fogs(NW4R)? (or at least, B1,B2,B3, float1 and float2?)

And if it doesn't take too much to compile, could you make for me a brawlib copy without the +5 thingy in model previewer? I usually use up/down to make decimals appear. If it's not too much... ^^U

Bero

Smash Journeyman
OK, I'll do it. It is very easy to make them editable.

Is +5 thingy not needed? I thought that was useful to edit animations...

EDIT
@Mr.Chuy I have tried to enable import "srt0", but which did you mean SRT0Entry or SRT0Node?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
OK, I'll do it. It is very easy to make them editable.

Is +5 thingy not needed? I thought that was useful to edit animations...
Keep it if they want it, but by my way of using brawlbox, it's more useful with +0,1 than with +5. Keeping the instant-update, of course, that's good. Would you mind making a version with 0,1 and another with +5? ^^U

I mean, keep the +5 (or +1) in your 'official' update, but I would like a 0,1 version for me and others who may prefer it ^^U

Bero

Smash Journeyman
Oh, is that? Then, +0.1 is "official" :)
I should experience animating more.

@Mr.Chuy
It's the node that Kryal called SRT0Node.
Adding SRT0Node is easier than SRT0Entry.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Oh, is that? Then, +0.1 is "official" :)
I should experience animating more.

@Mr.Chuy
It's the node that Kryal called SRT0Node.
Adding SRT0Node is easier than SRT0Entry.
Is it possible to replace srtnodes right now? If it is, you don't really need adding strentriess while you can find srt0 files with many srtentries in the game, you only should replace them with the ones you need O.o

Anyway, be able to add srt0entries would be much useful than adding strnodes. A modeldata only loads the first animation found in it, and an str0node is the same as a srt file into anmsrt(NW4R), am I wrong?

pokelover980

Smash Ace
so where are we? anyone get models imported yet?
Sorta. Kryal decided to take a break from developing for a while, and in the meantime we've managed to compile the source of BrawlBox .64. It can import, but it cannot save because shaders aren't set up and so the file isn't complete.

Bero

Smash Journeyman
Model importing by hand has been completed, is it OK?
Awesome. When did you find that way?

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
You have to select points, not planes. The merge button makes all the selected points to be only one, so if you select planes, they will dissapear ^^U

Top Bottom