• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
well, i am not getting any progress with the polygon implementation, so im going to have to edit the verts as a cluster, with no face. this still works, but it's a little harder to only work with verticies

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
:3
Fortwaffles, could this work with changing Pikachu's vertices to make him look like... PICHU~
/ ignorant and noobish statement that does take into account the impossibility of the task
/ fanboi dreams

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Fortwaffles, could this work with changing Pikachu's vertices to make him look like... PICHU~
/ ignorant and noobish statement that does take into account the impossibility of the task
/ fanboi dreams
yeah, sure, why not lol it's a lot of work though
The limitations are that you cant create vericies, you can only move what's there
no deleting vertecies either

ok. i got the verticies of marth's hair, 5 faces, 4 eyes, and tiara all converted to .3ds
editing time >:3

Kryal

Smash Ace
New version, finally! I've been trying to get the animation interpolation working properly. I've made good progress but need more time. I figured I would put out a release, seeing as how the brstm converter is working great.

You may notice that there are more buttons for frame editing.

Copy/paste will copy the frame for all bones. Keep in mind that this doesn't actually cache any data, it remembers what frame you clicked Copy on and then makes changes when you click Paste. Use this on the same frame for a fast keyframe-all.

Clear removes ALL keyframes for ALL bones for the current frame.

Clean does two things. First, it removes all bone references in the animation for bones that don't exist in the model. You no longer need to replace animations to do this. In fact, the program won't ask you anymore when you replace a CHR animation, you will have to use Clean now. Second, it removes redundant keyframes for ALL bone references. This can save you time and space, and you don't have to do this manually anymore.

My gift to you! Happy Holidays!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I had a quick question.

I tried slapping that Captain Falcon stage texture on my Wii.
It worked...

But he smiles a HUGE smile...and it's creepy.
Is there any way for me to fix that?

MBlaze

Smash Champion
**** this is good, downloaded it. Thanks and happy holidays to you too. Glad I finally have something besides the outdated buggy tool I used to use for my other brsms.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Copy/paste will copy the frame for all bones.

Clean does two things. First, it removes all bone references in the animation for bones that don't exist in the model. You no longer need to replace animations to do this. In fact, the program won't ask you anymore when you replace a CHR animation, you will have to use Clean now. Second, it removes redundant keyframes for ALL bone references. This can save you time and space, and you don't have to do this manually anymore.

I AM IN LOVE WITH YOU IN SO MANY WAYS.

I will now begin animations. <3333

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
I had a quick question.

It worked...

why would you want to displease the falcon? lol, i made that, but i dont use the smile version anymore...

Good news! I have edited marth's tiara to be roys headband. just needs a slight fix. i edit everything else on the head, just need to test, and make the hair roys hair... hopefully

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
(I would post this question in the WiiRD, big, mega-code-compilation thread, but I'm afraid to after reading the first page of posts -_-' )

Does anyone have a code for a custom CSS with ALL of the alloys that doesn't crash? The one I'm using only has the red and yellow alloys.

I also don't want to have to bump that "Let's See Some Custom CSS" thread just for my question.
lets see some cusom css is exactly where you should have asked...i have posted a code ther with all the alloys present...just read, like, the last 2 pages...

Exactly. The Spy is on the game "Team Fortress 2". Team Fortress uses the Half-Life engine. Portal also utilizes this engine. Portal's story essentially has the subject searching for cake, only for there to be no cake. Thus, the conclusion, the cake (or Spy, in this case) is a lie!
if you waited all the way through the end credits, you would learn that the cake is not a lie.

I always thought that the cake is a lie was from mario 64. because peach sed she BAKED a cake, and at the end she sez let's BAKE that cake
oh, you know what she really meant by 'bake that cake'...

she was really fkn worn out by getting kidnapped and bowser had already stolen the one she had already made ;)

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
New version, finally! I've been trying to get the animation interpolation working properly. I've made good progress but need more time. I figured I would put out a release, seeing as how the brstm converter is working great.

Copy/paste will copy the frame for all bones. Keep in mind that this doesn't actually cache any data, it remembers what frame you clicked Copy on and then makes changes when you click Paste. Use this on the same frame for a fast keyframe-all.

Kryal, thank you so much. I'm so sorry that you had to make all of this on Christmas eve. You and PW are of the nicest and most generous people I have ever seen. I wish I could give a gift back, but I honestly don't know where anybody on this forum lives haha.

Merry Christmas guys!

VirgoTheCougar

Smash Cadet
Yay for BRSTM support! But the program seems unstable. I keep getting an error message whenever I try to move the cursor to any point in the song. Other than that, it works like a charm! Also, it solved that volume issue I've been having with a few songs lately and checking to see if the loops are correct is LOADS easier now!

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Brawl Box would actually be useful to me if it didn't crap on the quality of my CSPs.
First of all, Shut up. BrawlBox is the most useful program there is for Brawl Hacking, so YOUR doing something wrong :\.
It shouldn't do that. Are you using a pre-made CSP or using your own home-made one? Because if you are making the CSP, that might be because of you not making the CSP right. That's not the programs fault.

If your using a pre-made one, I don't know.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
yeay, nice version 8D

It will be better now to make animations for weavile and wobbafett x3

anyway, have anyone tried ultimate chimera and hoppip as a character?
It would be fun to see ultimate chimeras moves, OHKO on every attack xD

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
yeay, nice version 8D

It will be better now to make animations for weavile and wobbafett x3

anyway, have anyone tried ultimate chimera and hoppip as a character?
It would be fun to see ultimate chimeras moves, OHKO on every attack xD
Chimera doesn't work. His bones aren't... normal.
But Klap-Trap works fine (in Brawlbox anyway) with Olimar's MotionEtc.

VirgoTheCougar

Smash Cadet
Brawl Box would actually be useful to me if it didn't crap on the quality of my CSPs.
Get your CSP in the highest quality possible, download GIMP(it's free), and convert your image into Indexed mode.

Problem solved.

EDIT: BTW, Kryal, in the next update, can you add MP3 support for the BRSTM maker?

PND

Smash Champion
Thanks Kryal! These new features are incredibly useful (and would have saved me a lot of time on Waluigi's bair instead of taking me like a week to do >_>)

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Thanks Kryal! These new features are incredibly useful (and would have saved me a lot of time on Waluigi's bair instead of taking me like a week to do >_>)
That's exactly how I feel.

Something that would be amazing, would be able to paste a translation one a single bone for every single animation. It would make importing animations from one character to another amazingly simple.

It would be kind of a weird feature though.

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
I have a problem to issue, not sure on v.61 but it was on v.60 .

I try to animate backgrounds and I do fine. I save and exit Brawlbox as I would usually do, but when I open it back up again and view the animation again, it goes way faster than I usually and it stops on a very early frame than what the last frame is.

Ex- I animated the background of Lylat cruise's background, and it's fine. The Frames are 3600 in number: The Background slowly moves and rotates to the right.
It goes nicely. But when I reopen it, it spins faster and stops at a way earlier frame like, 45...
What happened? How could this be fixed?

Brizzle

Smash Cadet
I had a quick question.

It worked...

But how will the smaller Falcons get in and out?

That's seriously my favorite part about the stage. I had to pause the game I was laughing so hard the first time I saw it.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I had a quick question.

It worked...

The smile one is rather stupid isn't it? XD;

Here, use this. :3

http://www.mediafire.com/?wwwmtlj4wyy

Edit: New BrawlBox eh? But still no sound effects? I'm rather disappointed. XD;

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
to make the brstm creator better, I suggest a way to make the beginning/end loop points able to snap to the place you are currently playing/have stopped in the song. this makes longer songs more manageable for loop locations.

another suggestion is to have a way for the player to snap to the beginning loop point, so you can play straight from that point.

camelot

Smash Ace
I already made a PSA for it, it works just like Pit's jab. Mash the button for rapid hits, hold it down or press slower for the normal combo.

I'll put it up soon, I still need to make the "Attack100End" animation.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal

Nice. Great job. Just one question, what are RWSD/RBNK/RSEQ files?

Untouch

Smash Master
The interesting this is the linking thing will allow us to import character sounds from the character folder and not from the big file.

Top Bottom