• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Hey guys, I decided to take the time to basically merge all the Roy stuff we've been doing into one semi-official pack that completely replaces Marth with Roy. Well, all except for the stock icons XD;

He has his 5 official colors (Which I edited a little to get rid of the black stuff on his neck) along with CSPs for each one, including the black one. I made one for that one just to keep everything looking smooth. He's also got other outfits made by myself and other people too. He's got the battle and result screen icons he needs, and his own CSS Icon. Plus his name on his CSP and under his battle portrait in a fight both have been changed to Roy. Basically it's a full overhaul. XD

I've done my best to make this as simple and easy as possible so people aren't taking forever to replace this stuff. Any instructions you need for replacing the slightly more complicated stuff is in the respective folder. Enjoy :3

http://www.mediafire.com/?ui2fzxmanty

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
It won't show his textures, but it does show his bones, which should be enough for editing.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I edited Zako Ball's bones to fit that of the Haunter model posted....and well:

That would probably be an epic freeze in game, though.

EDIT:

To n64billy, could you do one of Blaziken? He was like, the one Pokemon I originally thought would be most likely to get in Brawl outside of Lucario.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Any progress on getting Brawlbox to work with .brsars? The announcer still saying the evil one's name whenever I pick Roy is aggravating.
I know how you feel. XD; Apparently it's being worked on or is close to finished, but still hasn't been released. Vile did send me one of his tests to get the announcer to say Roy and Mewtwo, and it worked. problem was, it was so silent that you'd have to turn off the music and turn up the volume really loud to hear it. Plus, it sounded all crackly, but it was still obvious what he said :3

Glick

Smash Lord
It still turns into a mess for me...

I will make him work. I've been waiting to get my hands on a model from another game, and now that I have one, I will get him to work. I'll tell you when I get him to work. Of course, I might be wrong, and it might not work, considering, as my sig says, "Trying is the first step towards failure." (Quoted for truth, by the way) No, I need to think positive! It will work!
Why not just make gengar?
Gengar is way cooler.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Ok, so I'm loving the Tabuu Ridley stage posted a few pages back, but I wanted to know, would there be any way to get the Asteroid background from Lylat Cruise and place that into Final Destination so that Ridley is flying through the asteroid field? I really want to know, but I have no idea how to replace things in stages.

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
I downloaded a few files from the iso. A few of them: pokemon stadium 2, dr. wright, saki and a few more
but i am somehow missing the models, if I awnt to view the models of cubone, dugtrio, dr. wright and saki, there is only the bone structure but no model. the other pokemon on pokemon stadium 2 are all just fine, as are little mac, Tails from green hill zone and so on... why are these models apparently not there?

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
You can't really model swap them. You can, however, do bone edits. I'm expecting a bunch of the bone edits will freeze in game, but I'm going to try with Blaziken, if n64billy is willing to rip it.

If it works, I call dibs on making a Blaziken PSA. :V

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Hey, guess where Ridley is flying now? Through space.

I used the Ridley Destination pac Wave Kusanagi posted earlier in the thread and replaced the Tabuu background with the asteroid field from Lylat Cruise. I call it "Zebesian Airspace", and I've made both nameplates and preview images for the stage to be used on the Stage Select Screen. Feel free to use them; I have them at http://www.mediafire.com/JackKieser. Enjoy. ^_^

Now, we just need Ridley animated.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Hey, guess where Ridley is flying now? Through space.

I used the Ridley Destination pac someone posted earlier in the thread and replaced the Tabuu background with the asteroid field from Lylat Cruise. I call it "Zebesian Airspace", and I've made both nameplates and preview images for the stage to be used on the Stage Select Screen. Feel free to use them; I have them at http://www.mediafire.com/JackKieser. Enjoy. ^_^
does this mean we can possibly change the background of lylat to, say, tabuu's? and then freeze it?

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
I don't see why not. You'd have to apply the background to the first section and freeze the stage, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Or, you could try applying the background to all three sections and see what happens.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Kryallll~

Next BBox build there should be a "copy scaling and rotation" button. (Not two).

Then we could make model hacks easier. Or maybe an "Apply to All" button that puts the translational and scaling values to every frame of every animation.

Something like that would be extremely useful.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
For the record, I call dibs on whoever I get to work, from here on.

@Superyoshi888: I don't know how to do bone edits, but I'm going to find some way to model swap them.
I've been copying the translation and rotation of the bones to the corresponding parts and getting rid of what I don't need. That is how I produced that beauty you can see on the last page.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Hey, n64billy, I know that's a lot to ask but, could you make a pack with these models? Feel free to take your time.

Scyther, Tropius, Venusaur, Totodile, Feraligatr, Lapras, Vaporeon, Pidgeot, Blastoise, Gyarados, Ursaring, Scizor, Raichu, Ninetales, Quilava, Blaziken, Espeon, Umbreon, Gengar, Togekiss, Aerodactyl, Jolteon, Tyranitar, Salamence. Cyndaquil, Dragonite and Darkrai.

n64billy

Smash Ace
No, just anyone with more than 34 bones. The more the bones the better though, so if you can find a pokemon with a very large bone count, that would be great!
Umm... ok. What's a pokemon that LOOKS like they would have lots of bones? I don't want to have to go through each file, extrating the looking, to see how many bones they have.

I'll try some of the big pokemon with wings or tentacles first.

Full list here: http://www.serebii.net/pokepark/pokemon.shtml

Suicune has 35, uploading now

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Umm... ok. What's a pokemon that LOOKS like they would have lots of bones? I don't want to have to go through each file, extrating the looking, to see how many bones they have.

I'll try some of the big pokemon with wings or tentacles first.

Full list here: http://www.serebii.net/pokepark/pokemon.shtml
Can you give me Torterra and Electivire (since he's already in the game, he might have a higher chance of working.) Thanks.

marter

Smash Apprentice
I'd really like some help here. I'm trying to edit some .msbin files, but when I attempt to open them, it says "Unable to recognize input file". Is there anyway to open these files?

brawlshifter

Smash Lord

n64billy

Smash Ace
Thanks a lot. I will make sure to get back to you as soon as I figure out how to get them to work. The only problem I can see with the downloads is that you uploaded Suicune twice.:laugh:
Erm, my bad. Gimmie a sec to get the right link Fixed
(Got MSN? It'd be a lot easier if you need anything else from the ISO, or just for lulz)

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
You totally missed my reply, n64billy. It's on page 148.

Here's what I said.

Hey, n64billy, I know that's a lot to ask but, could you make a pack with these models? Feel free to take your time.

Scyther, Tropius, Venusaur, Totodile, Feraligatr, Lapras, Vaporeon, Pidgeot, Blastoise, Gyarados, Ursaring, Scizor, Raichu, Ninetales, Quilava, Blaziken, Espeon, Umbreon, Gengar, Togekiss, Aerodactyl, Jolteon, Tyranitar, Salamence. Cyndaquil, Dragonite and Darkrai.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
Dang. Perhaps Yahoo or something? ANYTHING that can talk to MSN?
No, sorry.

I'll check Haunters bones now. 23 bones.
Thanks. The only problem I can see is that I can't export the model...maybe I can do it with a hex editor somehow...anyone who knows anything about a hex editor, is this possible? If I export the model code, could I replace it in the new model?

and Darkrai.
If I get these models to work, I'm definitely doing him!

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
I actually had that idea before I even 'obtained' PokePark last week. Didn't exactly have a hex editor to try it out with yet though. No other better way to find out than to just try?
That is the idea I've had for a long time, which is why I wanted a model so badly. Okay, I'm looking at him now. I have never actually used a hex editor before except for increasing file size and looking, so I am unsure exactly what to do. I found the model I think, and this is what it shows:

._lMDL0.

So, what exactly would I replace? Would I only replace MDL0, or would it be _lMDL0, or would it be way more than that? Now that I think of it, this is probably the wrong thread for this now...I would still like an answer though.

n64billy

Smash Ace
You totally missed my reply, n64billy. It's on page 148.

Here's what I said.

Sorry about that. I was out all of last night, and then woke up this afternoon so I'm a bit out of it. I'll get working on that pack for you as soon as I get back from a wedding thing I'm going to tonight.

If I get these models to work, I'm definitely doing him!
:bee:!

So, what exactly would I replace? Would I only replace MDL0, or would it be _lMDL0, or would it be way more than that? Now that I think of it, this is probably the wrong thread for this now...I would still like an answer though.
I have no idea... Perhaps just make some backups of the originals, then trial and error? :lick:

(I've started using more and more smileys lately I've noticed)

n64billy

Smash Ace
Back from the wedding thing. We had all you can eat pizza! =D

I'll get together those Pokemon you requested tomorrow though BigSharkZ. I'm fully tired and don't have much time left before I pass out. haha.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Could you just post a download with Blaziken, then? He's the only one I need. I know BigSharkZ requested him in his pack, but...

Top Bottom