• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Quick question. If I were to compile the latest BrawlBox source that has been uploaded, would it have a fully functional model exporter? I know the importer's not finished, but if I can at least export models, I'll be happy, since AiS doesn't work with most of the models I want.

shanus

Smash Hero
Want to do a shout-out to both Kryal and Dantarion due to their amazing work and contributions, of which both have completely revolutionized the hacking scene. While some people may be disappointed, people need to realize how much time probing into the way brawl works takes, let alone structuring and writing the programs for it. I live a busy life and attempt to do it in my free time, and that alone is rarely enough. Now imagine escalating that 50-fold to actually figure out how to interpret the syntax, parse it, and then program something to interface with it and rebuild it! Without them, we wouldn't be this far and I'd still like to thank them and wish them the best of luck with wherever it is their interests lie.

So yeah, thanks guys, and I'm sure I might send a PM question here or though (PMs about P:M, oh so clever)!

Also Dant, finally got my sc2 key :p

ds22

Smash Lord
Quick question. If I were to compile the latest BrawlBox source that has been uploaded, would it have a fully functional model exporter? I know the importer's not finished, but if I can at least export models, I'll be happy, since AiS doesn't work with most of the models I want.
I also would like to know.
I would like to test out boneset switching, so that when the importer comes out, I already have that done.

Also, I would like to thank Kryal and Dantarion for there work for the Brawl hacking scene.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
****, this is heart-retching. but this scene owes a great deal to you.

i'm glad we've still got shanus, though. really impressive leader guy. and he codes! hot ****.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
So, I compiled the newest BrawlBox using the source code. It's got DAE exporting, but... it doesn't seem to export the rigging for the models. Either that, or it doesn't get applied when I import it into 3DS Max. D:

'cuz I'm pretty sure that its eyes aren't supposed to be down there...

ds22

Smash Lord
So, I compiled the newest BrawlBox using the source code. It's got DAE exporting, but... it doesn't seem to export the rigging for the models. Either that, or it doesn't get applied when I import it into 3DS Max. D:

*picture*

'cuz I'm pretty sure that its eyes aren't supposed to be down there...
Interesting.
Does this happen to more models you export?
Also, could you send me a copy of your compiled BrawlBox (I don't have the program to compile the source with)?

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Interesting.
Does this happen to more models you export?
Also, could you send me a copy of your compiled BrawlBox (I don't have the program to compile the source with)?
Yes, it does that for every model I export. However, it seems that the rigging is in the DAE, but it doesn't get used, or becomes invalid somehow...

Aaaaand sent.

ds22

Smash Lord
Though it doesn't errors on Amy...
Gonna try the Red Alloy.
EDIT: He loaded in 3ds Max, screwed up however.
Most others would crash when imported.
So yeah, it's still buggy.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Well, Kryal, you deserve a brake for all the hard work you've done. You've made everything on the Brawl hacking scene infinitely easier and more convenient, and that is something you should be proud of, but your real life things are more important. Fix up your problems in life first, I think we can all wait for the model rebuilder.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Seeing that the newest BrawlBox has the potential to import new models (but can't because it won't save or even export MDL0s properly) makes me :(.

Well, thanks for all your hard work, anyway, Kryal. I eagerly wait for your return. In the mean time, I'm gonna fiddle around with this beta BrawlBox.

ds22

Smash Lord
Tried exporting a original Naruto (without deleted polygons) and got this in 3ds Max:

And after I reimported it into BrawlBox, I got this:

*Note the out of reach polygons*
Probably something in the BrawlLib file that causes this (I tried using 0.63d's BrawlLib and previewing Naruto worked fine, no exporting).

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Okay, so I tried a few things with BrawlBox and the model exporter last night, and I can confirm that the DAE files exported do not work with 3DS Max, with the built-in DAE importer or ColladaMax. However, I downloaded the Maya 2011 trial version last night, and the models imported without any problems. Awesome! :)

ds22

Smash Lord
Interesting (and awesome).
Gonna try it out later (when I get the opportunity to download Maya 2011).
Still, importing into BrawlBox still won't work, right?
EDIT: I just found out that BrawlBox 0.64 can't handle removed/deleted/blanked out Polygons.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Interesting (and awesome).
Gonna try it out later (when I get the opportunity to download Maya 2011).
Still, importing into BrawlBox still won't work, right?
EDIT: I just found out that BrawlBox 0.64 can't handle removed/deleted/blanked out Polygons.
Right, importing won't work because the shader commands don't get set up (which prevents you from saving).

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
I figured.
Also, did you modify anything in the source (just wondering)?
And
, I can't install Maya.
Not yet.
And I actually had some trouble installing Maya on my computer. Wouldn't work on my brother's computer at all, and it took five tries on my computer. D:

ds22

Smash Lord
Not yet.
And I actually had some trouble installing Maya on my computer. Wouldn't work on my brother's computer at all, and it took five tries on my computer. D:
I'm not going to bother installing it if the installer won't pop up (or activate).
Also, if/when you edit the source, you might get the importing to work (to an extent)?

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
@RandomTBush
can you send me the compiled version or can you tell me how to do it
Download the entire source, then if you haven't already, download Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5. Then, go to C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5, and there should be an EXE with the name "MSBuild.exe". Put the entire BrawlBox source in that folder, then go to that location in the command prompt and type "msbuild.exe BrawlTools.sln". Then, inside the BrawlBox/BrawlLib folders will be a "bin" folder which will have another folder in it ("Debug") that will have the compiled EXE and DLL.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Still nothing at all?
Off-topic:
Where did you get the .dae model for Heavy?
Nothing yet, because I've been exporting a bunch of models that I've wanted into a 3DS Max-compatible format first. Afterwards, I'll try a few things.

As for the Heavy's model, I took the SMD that I had, separated the model into different sections (head, body, left hand, right hand, left eye, and right eye), then converted it to a DAE file using 3DS Max.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Ok...
Don't really know what format SMD is, but it looks good in BrawlBox.
SMD is the model format used for Valve's games (such as Half-Life 2, Portal, Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead, etc.), before they're compiled into MDL -- NOT MDL0, they're completely different. I mainly use that format because I port models to Garry's Mod, which is a sandbox mod for the Source engine (which Valve uses for all of their newer games).

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Buggering about texture transparency again...

Okay, I need this for my next texture hack. I am going to turn Zelda into something, but I want to get rid of her shoulder armor, tiara, and any other textures that will not cause a hole if made invisible. Can I just delete them from the texture itself and make it transparent that way?

Also, what are the textures in the lower left-hand corner of Lucario's ArmLeg textures?

ds22

Smash Lord
SMD is the model format used for Valve's games (such as Half-Life 2, Portal, Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead, etc.), before they're compiled into MDL -- NOT MDL0, they're completely different. I mainly use that format because I port models to Garry's Mod, which is a sandbox mod for the Source engine (which Valve uses for all of their newer games).
I to have GMod and have some models (not much as for I cannot use Garrysmod.org for obvious reasons), but I knew that MDL was different than MDL0 (I opened it in a hex editor).
And you do have a lot of experience with converting GMod models, now don't you.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
I to have GMod and have some models (not much as for I cannot use Garrysmod.org for obvious reasons), but I knew that MDL was different than MDL0 (I opened it in a hex editor).
And you do have a lot of experience with converting GMod models, now don't you.
Well, not a lot of experience, but enough to be able to add face flexes, texture and body groups, and also how to rig things by hand (as I've had to help my younger brother with a few things he wanted to port to GMod).

But, we're going off-topic, so... I still have to figure out what I need to do to export the bones and rigging for a model, then I'll try a few more things with BrawlBox.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Okay, I need this for my next texture hack. I am going to turn Zelda into something, but I want to get rid of her shoulder armor, tiara, and any other textures that will not cause a hole if made invisible. Can I just delete them from the texture itself and make it transparent that way?

Also, what are the textures in the lower left-hand corner of Lucario's ArmLeg textures?
look at KC:MM i think they have something along those lines in the pre-hexed/vertex Also is the model exporter the only thing that the new brawlbox has?

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
look at KC:MM i think they have something along those lines in the pre-hexed/vertex Also is the model exporter the only thing that the new brawlbox has?
Well, the exporter, yes. The importer? Almost. It works well, but it doesn't save, because it's not finished...

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Can someone send me the new compiled BrawlBox? I can't download the source, and I'm too lazy to compile it if I did get it, so if anyone has a link to a download could you please send it to me?

And I can't believe I'm actually asking for it, by now I would have compiled it myself but I currently can't download the source 'cause my SVN client is acting ****ed up.

Top Bottom