• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Ok so, I heard about this thing called model rebuilder, and was wondering if this (when released) would be capable of making bones on the face so we can edit facial expressions. and also, since I've checked up on this, I was wondering about its progress.
Yes it would. I've made faces controlled with bones before, and it's not very hard to do. The real question is, can you do it?

Zodiac

Smash Master
Yes it would. I've made faces controlled with bones before, and it's not very hard to do. The real question is, can you do it?
Hell yes I can, mind showing me what you did? And if so can it be applied to everyones face's?

Zodiac

Smash Master
That would require I still had the model....

Why would you need an example anyway? You just rig the model like normal, making bones to control the eyelids and such. It's not hard.
Soooo are you telling me the model rebuilder is out? Or did you do this in something other than brawl box?

I make a lot of machinima, some you may have heard of..

Daisy's dilemma
Link Vs ganondorf
Super Sonic Racing
Grand Brawl
Melee days

And I want to take my next series to new level, I.E. Facial animations, Thats why Im wondering about this.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Soooo are you telling me the model rebuilder is out? Or did you do this in something other than brawl box?

I make a lot of machinima, some you may have heard of..

Daisy's dilemma
Link Vs ganondorf
Super Sonic Racing
Grand Brawl
Melee days

And I want to take my next series to new level, I.E. Facial animations, Thats why Im wondering about this.
No, it's not out yeah. I thought you were asking when it was out, if it would be possible to animate faces using bones. At this point however, it's not possible in-game.

Mewtwo_2000

Smash Lord
NNID
Mewtwo2ooo
3DS FC
0877-0152-2009
Kryal, it is not possible to get two animations chained with the actual versions of brawlbox, right?

Would that be difficult to be implemented? It would be really useful to make animations easier, just by selecting another animation and placing it at the end of the one you're editing

Wolfang

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure this basic question has been asked before, but the search function isnt that efficient. My question is: What are the controls for the preview function in BrawlBox?
I never did figure out how to rotate or flip the model on its own axis, and not one floating out in space somewhere. But knowing all of them would be nice.

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
Bug in the animation decoder.

[Picture]

Untouched fitSonicMotionetc.pac
That's been a problem for a long time. I've told Kryal about it though a couple of times though.

I wonder why Sonic uses that weird scaling method, because I haven't seen any other character use it.

He uses a scaling method that doesn't take into account the scale of the parent bone.

I think every other character uses the type already implemented because I can't think of any other models that have this problem. (But I might be wrong)

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
At the moment, it requires Windows-specific stuff that Linux doesn't have, although I would try running BrawlBox under Mono in Linux.

Ness97

Smash Rookie
I tried to use it with Wine and Mono(Windows version installed via Wine) but it doesn't work. How I can use it?

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Is there a Mac version planned at all?
I wouldn't assume there would be until he redoes the entire GUI, which I believe he said would be written in a different way so it would be cross platform. Then again, I could have misinterpreted it.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Most programs wait until they have a solid version of their program running until they port it over to mac.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Kryal, you need an update, your thread's practically on life support :laugh: just saying...

Dantarion

Smash Champion
People have lives, and I can guarantee that the time Kyral has put into BrawlBox is much greater than the time anyone has spent using BrawlBox

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
People have lives, and I can guarantee that the time Kyral has put into BrawlBox is much greater than the time anyone has spent using BrawlBox
I know, Dant, I know. Just saying...Kryal could use an update to give the thread some more traffic. I know he works really hard at BrawlBox. It's an amazing program, and still the best Brawl hacking tool ever, and it'll probably never lose that designation. I appreciate his work very much :laugh:

Alonguy

Smash Rookie
You know, I would manually compile a MDL0 if I had more info on it... does anyone know where to find some documentation, or is it non-existant? I WOULD use .mdl0's from other games, but I only have Brawl, AC: City Folk, and the 2 WiiWare Crystal Chronicles games (Which are a pain to extract from...) and I can't download ISO's.

SillyGrampa

Smash Rookie
I downloaded everything and I cant seem to select the bottom characters at the character select. Does anyone else have this problem. Or know how I can fix it?

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Well kryal is either having a break or he is working on brawlbox without coming here for distractions.

Either way, worse case scenario he is taking a break. I decided to revive my model importing thread, hopefully i can get a more laboring needed method on importing new models. Im pretty sure i know how tristrips can be converted to polygon format now (Ill thank RandomTBush here, he didn't directly help me, but i found a post of his giving some useful info). Well if someone wants to help with the progress of model importing who can code, drive over to my thread and see if you are interested.

And you never know, me getting this method of model importing could help kryal refine it or make it automated (or he will probably do his own thing).

Kryal

Smash Ace
So, this last month has been interesting. Lots of changes in life, work, etc. I'll keep it short with the good/bad news (depending on your perspective).

You see, when I get myself involved in something it becomes somewhat of an obsession. The reason why I was able to learn and develop BrawlBox the way I did and within such a time frame was because of this. I've spent the last ten months living and breathing this project pretty much every waking moment. And to that extent I feel that the project very important to me. On the other hand, I may have reached programming 'burnout'. The time I used to spend programming at work just can't happen anymore, and my social/family life deserves more attention. So, the bad news is I'll be out of the race indefinitely. The fact that I don't even play Smash Bros. anymore contributes to that, and I feel my life is more important at the moment.

This past month, I've been learning about Silverlight, web design/services and the like. I sat down for an hour the other day and typed up a design outline for BTOnline, which would combine BrawlBox and BrawlScape into one program using Silverlight as a front-end. This would mean total cross-platform support (mostly), and with the coming of HTML5 all browsers in the not-so-distant future will have OpenGL support (WebGL). Also, because it's a web application the most-recent version will always be available. No more download/install. Tie that in with some web features and backing databases, you suddenly have community links/responses built-in. Good news is, there's still a lot of potential.

Anyways, I don't want to build anything up here because they're only ideas. What matters is whether or not it gets done. I don't like dropping everything as-is, so we'll just say everything is put on hold. Who knows, after a month or so I may come back.

I would also like to thank everyone for the help and support I've received. Without the community and feedback, I wouldn't have been able to make it this far.

P.S. For anyone who's interested, the source has been updated with my current progress. About 95% of the MDL definition is known, so hopefully it helps someone out.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Darn. I think we were all pretty curious where you went, Kryal.

Well, **** happens. Life is never consistent, to say the least. It's a shame you're putting everything on hold (especially this close to a model importer!), but as you said, there's a chance you'll be back, and that'd be fantastic. You're extremely talented and dedicated, and I have no idea where we'd be without you.

And did you say you tossed the source up? Awesome.

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
So...from what I've read this means your going on a MASSIVE hiatus like PW did before until you get more free time for the project?
If that's the case then go and be with your family, life truly is worth experiencing. Some people may disagree though.
You done one AMAZING job though, I mean Brawlbox is probably the best thing I've ever seen for Brawl hacking, hell, Wii hacking in general!
You deserve a break dude, seriously. We'll miss you though.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Shadic sent me here, but unfortunetly, I feel almost the same way.

I don't play Brawl anymore really.

I want to spend my free time working on things that look good on a resume, like actual gamedev projects.
I don't have as much free time as I used to, and spending hours upon on making tools used by <100 people isnt really something I can be too happy about.

I am not "quitting" but I am definetly "stalling" because there are simply no other coders to work with, or even chat with, about the type of work that I have to do to do what I do. There are people who want to help, but don't have the skills, and it sucks, but sometimes, its nice to have someone to work with who can make as much progress as you without needing your help.

I will ALWAYS work on Project M, simply for that reason. I taught shanus how to do PSA injections, and he alone has done work on a level that used to require a coder with a USBGecko to accomplish, by dedicating time to learn and understand what I taught him. He is definetly the #1 user of OpenSA2, and I really respect that he is trying hard. However, there not many who seem to be trying that much.

Anyways, I might look into working on BrawlBox, but to be honest, Kryal's code is very confusing to me. I do want to make a bunch of usability changes, however. (And command line support)

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Kryal, your work has been awesome, and I mean that in the awe-inspiring sense as much as possible. Please take breaks as long or as frequently as you want, as you've already contributed more to this community than anyone could expect.

If your ambitions with Silverlight come to fruition it'll be amazing. As an amateur web developer you've piqued my interest, mentioning that HTML5 can handle something as complex as BrawlBox... it sounds like something very worthwhile to learn.

Anyway, good luck with whatever endeavor you take on!

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Well now, this is a pretty unpleasant surprise.

Although, I'm not going to to lie, I can relate to Kryal and Dantarion, I've pretty much lost all interest in hacking Brawl now. I'm just not interested in it anymore...

Well, the model importer was the only thing that could have convinced me to care again, and since from what I'm gathering, Kryals putting that on hold, I'm taking my leave.

Kryal, your work with Brawlbox has been exceptional. Really. Same goes to you, Dantarion, for the many successful projects you've taken on. You guys are awesome.

Of course, I'm not important anyway, so nobody cares, but.... Internet high-five to Brawls entire hacking community. I think I'm done.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Kryal, we appreciate everything you've done for the Brawl hacking community. Your programs are essential to pretty much everything Brawl hacking has to offer, so without you, we couldn't do 90% of Brawl hacking. Thank you for all that you've done Kryal. You've definitely earned a break, good sir.

Bero

Smash Journeyman
I think that there are many C# coders.
How about developing this with some C# coders?
I am regrettable in stopping of its advancement and there are many people who have same idea.
At least I can understand your code a little.

EDIT
Sorry,I was impolite a little.
I appreciate you of course.

Top Bottom