• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Creation & Showcase Workshop: Post your BrawlBox stuff here!

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
A boss for the boss pack ehh?
I think armored mewtwo would be better then regular mewtwo just cause he looked cooler in that form and seems more bossly.
Lavos is a bamf though and me and my friend just finished chrono trigger so I'm kinda torn between the two...
Depending on lavos though he'd be using mostly projectiles namely destruction rains from the heavens.
Just a question but who would lavos be made put of anyways?
At this point I think armor mewtwo is my suggestion but you make the final call raz.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
So.... as the Boss Pack stands currently... who's in it?
List + Pics pl0x?
I'll put together a list with pictures tomorrow if I remember to.

A boss for the boss pack ehh?
I think armored mewtwo would be better then regular mewtwo just cause he looked cooler in that form and seems more bossly.
Lavos is a bamf though and me and my friend just finished chrono trigger so I'm kinda torn between the two...
Depending on lavos though he'd be using mostly projectiles namely destruction rains from the heavens.
Just a question but who would lavos be made put of anyways?
At this point I think armor mewtwo is my suggestion but you make the final call raz.
Well, it kind of depends on how the projectiles work. I really meant if the attack would be fired and detonated on contact, it would prove to be difficult, if possible at all. But things like piercing beams and whatnot may still be workable.

Armoured Mewtwo is a good idea, but I think I would stick with the normal one. After all, judging on his reaction to it in the movie, he wouldn't be a big fan of keeping it on. I don't know, it's a consistency thing.

Lavos would probably be over Captain Falcon, unless someone better comes to mind. I'll be able to make a more educated decision after I reach him in CT.

In the meantime, I'm open to suggestions of others. I'm also considering Smithy and K. Rool, if I can get my hands on a good model. But the problem with them is that I want to avoid characters with multiple phases.

kangaroogreen

Smash Ace
Egh, I say no to K. rool or Smithy.
My suggestion would have to be an earthbound / mother 3 boss.

Woah! You should totally do the masked man. :bee:
The model could maybe be made over lucas or ness.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
How about Andross over DK? or Nightmare from Kirby over somebody?
Already considered, and DK is already being used. Nightmare could work, but Kirby bosses are pretty focused on projectiles. I actually like that boss too, so we'll have to see what we have to work with.

Egh, I say no to K. rool or Smithy.
My suggestion would have to be an earthbound / mother 3 boss.

Woah! You should totally do the masked man. :bee:
The model could maybe be made over lucas or ness.
There's a Masked Man texture for Ness already, so it's a start. Except Ness is already being used too, and I know even less about him than Lavos.

But, the ideas are coming, so we're making progress.

I'm also writing up the list right now, which I'll put into this post when it's done to avoid double posting. I'm putting it in a spoiler to save space.

EDIT: Apparently the spoiler thing didn't work, so prepare for a wall-o-text-and-pictures....

EDIT AGAIN: finally got what I was looking for, no more wasting space!

---

BRAWL BOSS PACK: Current Members

GOLEM BOWSER

One of the biggest and definitely the sturdiest, Golem Bowser is the powerhouse. He hits hard, has the second highest HP, and has no stunning moves. His weakness is that he's a HUGE target and moves very slow.

His Final Smash is Detonate; he releases an incredibly large explosion that covers most of the stage. Avoiding is not guaranteed.

---

ROB ROCKET

The most unique in the pack, ROB Rocket positions itself on the left side of the screen, relying mostly on beam attacks. It also has the ability to transform into a wide variety of weapons, including a minigun, flamethrower, hammer, and shuriken.

Its Final Smash is Diffusion Beam; it's essentially an alteration of ROB's to be more powerful.

There's a good chance that this will be replaced due to his difficult moveset style; the decision isn't permanent yet, but it will most likely be replaced by a sort of gun turret. It's better than it sounds.

---

BONGO BONGO

Functioning a bit differently from his original appearance, Bongo Bongo relies on tricky movements to confuse his opponents. He has low HP, but hits pretty hard. He possesses an attack in which he rushes across the stage; hitting him during this will stun him briefly.

His Final Smash is Echo Beat; he bashes his drum wildly, creating powerful sound waves.

---

GANON (model/texture to be revealed)

One of the smallest members of the Boss Pack, oddly enough. But this certainly does not mean he can't hold his own; he's still very large, and his enormous fists are nothing to shake a Deku Stick at. His fire, electric and dark magic pack a wallop too, along with his giant spear.

His Final Smash is Inferno; he fires massive beams of fire to each side from his hands. In the air, he spins vertically and covers the whole stage.

---

MAJORA

Matching its size, Majora's Mask is lightning-quick and tough to hit. Using its sharp spikes, it frequently spins itself across the stage, and sometimes spawns long tentacles to batter foes. It is the weakest in the Pack, but by no means should be underestimated.

Its Final Smash is End of Time; it calls down the Moon to crush the stage.

---

PHANTOON

This ghostly apparition uses its tentacles to shoot waves of blue fire. It has the tendency to vanish at random, only to reappear somewhere else to take foes by surprise. Its attacks mostly do rapid damage, and therefore don't have much knockback. But it can rack up damage quickly if you're not careful, and a single well-placed attack could destroy you.

Its Final Smash is Spectre Crush; somewhat borrowing this move from Nightmare, Phantoon forces its enemies down and into the ground, finishing with a wave of fire.

---

DRAYGON

Stealthy and fast, Draygon torpedoes itself through the air, launching back and forth across the stage like a metronome. It has high HP, moves quickly, and is pretty powerful; but it (depending on if it's possible) possesses a glaring weakness to electricity. Players are supplied with a Cracker Launcher for this fight.

Its Final Smash is Seismic Terror; almost the opposite of Phantoon, Draygon shakes the ground, sending everyone into the air before body slamming them.

---

SUPER DIMENTIO

This space-bending sorcerer may look odd, but his looks are unbecoming of his power; his magic attacks can be devastating if you're not careful, and he has plenty HP. Several of his moves have sweetspots that will literally blow you away if they connect. He's stays pretty stationary for most of the battle, but his reach is unprecedented.

His Final Smash is Ultimate Show; he creates a black hole that sucks in and demolishes everything within reach.

---

FINAL BOSS: RAZANAK

Some would say this is egotistical, but I disagree. Frankly, the Pack pretty much needs an original character to be the mastermind, so I stepped in.

Anyway, Razanak pretty much defines "final boss": high HP, hits hard, moves fast, the whole shebang. He cannot be hit while airborne (except during attacks), and although his moves tend to be pretty awkward, dodging them is easier said than done. The blasts of magic he fires are massive, and the energy blade in his hand will tear through you like a hot knife through butter.

He has one particularly unique move; after his HP is depleted and you think you've won, he has one last resort before his death. But you don't get to know what it is yet.

His Final Smash is Ragnarok; an almost absurdly powerful attack, he fires a colossal beam of energy in one direction. If you get hit by this... well, it was nice knowing you.

---

Alright, that covers the current roster. And just for kicks, below is a list of those being considered for addition.

Mewtwo - Lucario
Lavos - Captain Falcon
Nightmare (Kirby) - Unsure
Defense Turret R7-Class (replacement for ROB Rocket)

Giygas: I doubt that one would work. From what I understand, it was defeated by praying and didn't really take a physical form. I'm probably wrong though, but I'm still not sold on it.

Dimentio: Super Dimentio is already in, so it would be kind of redundant.

Also keep in mind that those Final Smashes will probably change later on.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Giygas; all you can do is taunt spam and hope that Captain Falcon comes to save you (one of his moves, a very unlikely one, would be a self destruct involving Captain Falcon).

Photos

Smash Journeyman
How about Dimentio from the Super Paper Mario series? He was pretty wicked when it came to explosions and head flowers and boxes.

EDIT: woops! didn't see that.

Roo525

Smash Ace
In the meantime, I'm open to suggestions of others. I'm also considering Smithy and K. Rool, if I can get my hands on a good model. But the problem with them is that I want to avoid characters with multiple phases.
You might be putting Smithy in the boss pack Razanak? I'd be honoured if you used my model. :3
Gamewatching is helping me export it at the moment, so I'mma gonna texture it, possibly give it some custom anim's, and release it.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
You'd Be willing to put Smithy in the boss pack Razanak? I'd be honoured if you used my model. :3
Gamewatching is helping me export the model, so I'mma gonna texture it, possibly give it some custom anim's, and release it.
Possibly. Everything is still open to see what everyone would like to see.

Smithy is awesome for sure, but he doesn't have very much potential for a moveset. Although I could probably do something interesting with Dedede's minions, other than that, his moves will all pretty much be basic hammer attacks. So other than his size, he would pretty much be an overpowered regular character with an HP bar.

Still, it's probably between him, Mewtwo and Nightmare. Possibly Lavos too, but I still don't know much about him. If I do go with Smithy, I'll use your model. But for now, we'll wait and see what people come up with.

n64billy

Smash Ace
I vote for Dimentio instead of Super Dimentio! Seriously, you can't help but love that smile he has... plus he's way cooler than some mutant fusion with Luigi...

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
I'm also writing up the list right now, which I'll put into this post when it's done to avoid double posting. I'm putting it in a spoiler to save space.

EDIT: Apparently the spoiler thing didn't work, so prepare for a wall-o-text-and-pictures....
Try collapse tags.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace

Don't mind the eyebrows, I have to fix up the UV mapping again since I basically re-made the vertex hack from scratch.

I'm almost finished with the Bandage Girl vertex hack (jeez, either I really am rusty with vertex hacking, or Jigglypuff is frustrating to hack properly). Everything else is now fine (ears and curl are completely gone), but her left arm is more twisted than it was beforehand. I'll try manually repairing it later tonight, but if that doesn't work, I might need some help getting it working properly from someone who knows what they're doing with vertex hacks.

But anyway, my brother's also working on porting a stage, which you can see part of in the background. I'm just trying to set up appropriate lighting for it (which I also kinda don't know how to do properly).

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Something that RTB doesn't understand?!

We're screwed, you hear?! WE'RE ALL SCREWED!!
Er, completely disregard what I said earlier. Turns out I had to quadruple-patch it. Of course, it doesn't help that I haven't done anything related to Brawl hacking in about half a year. :dizzy:

Anyway, I just have to do some dinking around with the normals, and then it's ready for release... and then I'll start working on Dr. Fetus directly afterwards.

And as for the lighting, I'm gonna see if I can get it as closely to the original stage as possible. But copying the original lights value for value causes the game to crash. Odd.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
Razanak, I really look forward to controlling Golem Bowser and Razanak. They both reek of bad@ssery.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
RTB.... I am LOVING the amount of detail that the stage in your screenshot has!!!!

What's it from?!
It's a port of the Manhattan stage from TMNT: Smash-Up. ApocHedgie (my brother) is working on it, and I'm gonna help by updating the lighting and adding shadows to it.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Why exactly do Meat Boy and Bandage Girl need to be perfect cubes? We have the spare vertices anyway. Why not give them softer edges?

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Why exactly do Meat Boy and Bandage Girl need to be perfect cubes? We have the spare vertices anyway. Why not give them softer edges?
Well, their in-game sprites and cutscene art depicts them as cubes, but now that you mention it, I should probably re-do the vertex hack one last time, and make it rounded at the edges. Either that, or save that for a potential revamp once I have a better idea how to completely remove Jigglypuff's ears and curl without leaving a stupidly-shaded spot where they used to be.

(That, and my idea of covering up the top of her head won't work with rounded edges...)

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Was just a thought, anyway. Your Bandage Girl looks great!

EDIT: Here's a little something something I'm working on. All I did was take the existing May vertex hack's head and combine it with the Female PT's body with a few adjustments.
BUT IT WON'T FREAKING PATCH AND I DON'T KNOW WHY!

Besides that obvious obstacle, I also gotta do the bag, as well as the collar and fixing some little details with the head, but that'll all be in vain if I can't even export it.

dark sonic 15

Smash Journeyman
Was just a thought, anyway. Your Bandage Girl looks great!

EDIT: Here's a little something something I'm working on. All I did was take the existing May vertex hack's head and combine it with the Female PT's body with a few adjustments.
BUT IT WON'T FREAKING PATCH AND I DON'T KNOW WHY!

Besides that obvious obstacle, I also gotta do the bag, as well as the collar and fixing some little details with the head, but that'll all be in vain if I can't even export it.
same here Tommo http://i53.tinypic.com/fqgjs.jpg

n64billy

Smash Ace
I'm so thankful that BrawlBox has a feature to export out .dae files.... :)
(FYI: This is just a test render from Maya, to see if I rigged him well enough... I'd say so. I'll be making a full animation with him in it, along with the Blazekin I rigged last year)

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I'm so thankful that BrawlBox has a feature to export out .dae files.... :)
Whaaaaaaat.
(FYI: This is just a test render from Maya, to see if I rigged him well enough... I'd say so. I'll be making a full animation with him in it, along with the Blazekin I rigged last year)

O_____O
What character is that over? Toon Link?
EDIT: Or is that just a model not for brawl hacks? lol

GameWatching

Smash Ace
GET HYPE !
The Morton model can be exported :bee:
he just need moar than a 'double patch'.

as for FD, M0nk, i m gonna have some issues, cause school's back...
i can rarely use the PC...
but i'll try to finish it as soon as possible !
in fact, i can finish it in less than one hour IMO

ds22

Smash Lord
GET HYPE !
The Morton model can be exported :bee:
he just need moar than a 'double patch'.

as for FD, M0nk, i m gonna have some issues, cause school's back...
i can rarely use the PC...
but i'll try to finish it as soon as possible !
in fact, i can finish it in less than one hour IMO
Take that one hour to finish it, please.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
What character is that over? Toon Link?
EDIT: Or is that just a model not for brawl hacks? lol
ness
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=15251

i use ais for all my exporting, it works fine with any brres, and I have it shortcutted on double click, so its pretty convienient. I'm not sure exactly the easiest way to do so, but brawl models can be exported with their bones and rigging, letting you use them automatically in 3ds

br3compactor

Smash Ace
It doesn't look like the Ness hack. Looks like it's the actual Sableye model. And it's not meant for Brawl hacking, it's for animation purposes.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
yeah upon closer look, it's at least not that ness model. I mistoke it for the coincidence that that vertexture was made recently too. I couldn't care less about that texture, but I could imagine that detail's possible on a ness vertex.

Top Bottom